Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,178 members, 7,829,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture (19201 Views)

Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Win / Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by sayemma: 7:34am On May 23, 2013
thenwhat:

You have to understand the politics behind the protest against Amaechi. They are trying to cause chaos and discredit him because he spoke up against Jonathan's incompetence. This protest is not about him not doing well in River State. It is about him being against Jonathan. Those protesters were paid and brought there.

PDP in River State is controlled by Co-President, Patience Jonathan.

The governor is one of the best, the only problem we have is the insincerity of his party and d oga @ d top. I weep for River state if they allow mr president to deceive them
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 7:42am On May 23, 2013
Amaechi deserves whatever befalls him. He's an arrogant criminal. I pray he's sent to prison to rot.
How did he becomea governor in the first place?
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by kinharold(m): 7:46am On May 23, 2013
am who says amaechi is not performing? Visit rivers state and see tins for urself ok...... Whatever u see now or hear beforehand, in rivers state, is d brainchild of GEJ and nyesom wike collabo... So unfortunate amaechi chooses to fight the wrong fight

The case of Amaechi is like that of King Uzziah in the Bible (2 Chronicles 26:4-16*)

He forgot how he started, he forgot that he had no backing whatsoever at the national level of the party; no Oga at the top for him. He forgot how he fought against his own party and embarrassed the mighty OBJ. He became too bold and over confident, making challenging comments against the presidency. Worst of all, he started seeking affiliations with the wrong persons in a way that is against the interest of the generality of his own people.

Well this is politics, they know how to sort themselves out. May God help them.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by solomon111(m): 7:47am On May 23, 2013
Abagworo:

The interesting thing about Nairaland nowadays is that it is filled with paid agents supporting every misdeed of government. I will laugh last when this degenerates into another Boko Haram crisis in the South-South. You don't play politics with militants against elected authority.
Give it a rest.
Anybody that disaggrees with you is a paid agent,and yet you defend that clueless imo governor unconditionally.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by shamson: 7:54am On May 23, 2013
that what clueless nigerian citizen like to hear and comment on.this is another ekiti saga been played by retarded in rivers state.
anyway, I wish the people of rivers goodluck
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 8:10am On May 23, 2013
What evil has such an intelligent amiable Gov. Amechi that wants the good of all done to have deserved this?

Gov. Ameachi is still my man.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by emmayoc: 8:10am On May 23, 2013
U can imagine a protest lead by criminals who are suppose to be relaxing in jail,kirikiri or better still sent to meet the devil clamouring removal of a Gov. How can Ateke tom come out boldly after all the evils he perpetrated. Gej and yesom Nweke are not doing good by paying this hoodlums to take to the streets. I pity rivers pple cos dey will reep it later
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Seanjigga: 8:12am On May 23, 2013
Rented crowd. Hw much were dey paid 2 do diz. If its temptin enough, I wil join dem. Jobless pple.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Abagworo(m): 8:13am On May 23, 2013
solomon111: Give it a rest.
Anybody that disaggrees with you is a paid agent,and yet you defend that clueless imo governor unconditionally.

The Imo Governor is the best of this season(2011 to date). Amaechi is also one of the best in the history of Nigeria. Very soon there will be war in Bayelsa and you will understand this whole saga much better. You cannot burn your own house down because you want to hurt an innocent man.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by tellmoon(m): 8:24am On May 23, 2013
Elvin247:
which dictionary are u using?
one should rather ask u that question. look it up if u are not using ur tribal dictionary
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by donigspain(m): 8:26am On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

What has GEJ got to do with anti-Amaechi's protest? Please you people from the SW should stop commenting on what you dont know. The ND will pursue Amaechi into the sea if he thinks he can betray us. GEJ does not need to say or do anything. GEJ is a very gentle man who doesnt bother anybody. When Sylva was insulting and threatening that he will kill the president, GEJ never replied him one day till he dug his own grave. GEJ was even defending him when others where accusing him.

Many of you have refused to realise that GEJ always wins because he never offends. Ibori, Sylva and now Amaechi. GEJ never offends and it keeps working for him. What is simply happening is that the traitors in the ND are all exposing themselves. The ND will never allow anyone to betray them anymore. Our eyes are wide open now. No amount of SW media campaign will change what we think or believe. All those fake ND people like Berem, who grew up in Ajegunle and Mushin should just naturalise in Lagos. We would soon build an electric fence accross the length of the ND! grin grin grin
First, am not from the South West!
Second, I am quite familiar with Rivers state politics as I have a home there.
Finally, I don't see how writing the name of my beloved(?) president will warrant all those faulty generalizations and conclusions you wrote about me and the people of the southwest. Though you made some good points on ND politics but I think your shots were directed at the WRONG person. Thanks...

Last Bullet:
I still believe that's a RENTED crowd.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Eneze1(f): 8:32am On May 23, 2013
Larryfly: where were all this people before the gej/amaechi saga......why didnt they protest then.....every nigerian is as corrupt as the next nigerian...we r our problem

GBAM!!!!! thank you, God bless, we definitely our own problem
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Largernonso(m): 8:40am On May 23, 2013
amaechi,donald duke,akpabio and from d west fashola r undisputably d best dat has eva happened to dz countyr nt forgettn my mannest man ngige
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by akoraye(m): 8:46am On May 23, 2013
True talk jooooo!
Abagworo:

Jonathan is just disgracing himself by these actions. Militants calling for Amaechis resignation amidst kidnap of bouganville's wife. These were things that Amaechi ended in Rivers State.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by henrimax: 8:49am On May 23, 2013
Evidence of underground power tussle. Who will win this battle? Watch out for the season .
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by simplyme3(f): 8:50am On May 23, 2013
if this was a protest in Lagos against GEJ, people will not call them miscreants.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Truckpusher(m): 9:17am On May 23, 2013
Amaechi is performing but he's fighting a sitting power and coupled with his total disregard for advice, hence his downfall....He shot himself in the leg.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by irich21(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2013
How much where they paid?
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by nuclearboy(m): 10:05am On May 23, 2013
You people keep making noise and I wonder if you remember that the world won't end this evening!

Soon (whether 2015 OR 2019 which is unlikely), Jonathan will leave Aso Rock! OBJ that is like a principality, a former general, a truly powerful and vindictive person HAD to leave eventually!

What happens after?

Today, those animals (boko haram) are being hunted. But we forget that victors always write history - once its no longer Jonathan, whoever is there WILL determine who is an enemy of state and who is not! Kill Ameachi if you want! Boil him alive and feed him to dogs if you want! Allow Dokubo to threaten Nigeria all he wants! Pay Ateke to go scatter not only Rivers, but also Lagos State. ONE DAY, it will all end and power will again change hands - it is inevitable!

When the north killed Igbos in 1966 and then under the Abacha's etc, did as they wished, they NEVER believed their turn could ever come. Today, we are witnessing the decimation of the north! But I would expect us that say we are educated and students of time and history to think and realize that day follows night BUT night again then follows day!

When power changes, a lot feeling Jonathan is winning today WILL weep and "form" victim again! Amaechi is NOT the issue - your own tomorrow when an oppressor will say "I HAVE POWER SO I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT" is the issue!

Just saying!

2 Likes

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Orikinla(m): 11:25am On May 23, 2013
RENT A CROWD at large.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 11:29am On May 23, 2013
Its a pity though but amechi brought dis upon himself.he is now been seeing as a betrayal.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 11:30am On May 23, 2013
Its a pity though but amechi brought dis upon himself.he choose to fight the wrong fight.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by merengue: 11:46am On May 23, 2013
The foolishness behind this protest is staggering, its a protest by rented Ijaw militant scum against an Ikwerre governor over a matter of whose balls are bigger and whose ego needs more massaging; if Nigeria's history is anything to go by, it will become tribal and violent and any insecurity in Rivers will spill over and end up in Bayelsa and then who loses? Amaechi has been foolish and has failed to learn from the foolishness of Fayose and Daniel who went toe to toe with OBJ and ended up losing big time. He should bide his time and be more strategic, you don't fight a president in Nigeria unless you govern a state like Lagos. Unfortunate as it is, the truth is that whosoever wins the PDP primaries (if any) will win the presidency in 2015 and from all indications, its GEJ; he holds all the aces.
GEJ and his Ijaw people have made a lot of enemies by their arrogant posturing and infantile declarations in his few years in power so far (even in the Niger Delta and I suspect they will make more before 2019). They should thread carefully.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by vivavik(f): 12:04pm On May 23, 2013
I'm very sure they all know what they are doing, both GEJ and Amaechi, they knw the monies they eat 4rm tht state, so evry1 wnts 2 rule nigeria. Jst like the case of the 4bidden apple, as u eat, ur eyes opens. God help us.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by visalo: 12:05pm On May 23, 2013
Amaechi is not performing any thing...if you know Rivers monthly allocation, you be will left with suprise and discomfort for this over hype governor that has bought over the media..Vanguard and punch to do the work of propaganda...Road construction in the state are sub-standard. is just only 3 road that can be said he did upto standard, the remaining ones are rubish....Building construction are nothing to write home about..
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by imsuboi(m): 12:34pm On May 23, 2013
rozayx5: the overhyped governor undecided undecided

Have you been to PH before? Olo.do
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by greatmen: 1:14pm On May 23, 2013
Abagworo:

The Imo Governor is the best of this season(2011 to date). Amaechi is also one of the best in the history of Nigeria. Very soon there will be war in Bayelsa and you will understand this whole saga much better. You cannot burn your own house down because you want to hurt an innocent man.
its ur house dey will be war !

1 Like

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Wabsz: 1:30pm On May 23, 2013
Abagworo:

Jonathan is just disgracing himself by these actions. Militants calling for Amaechis resignation amidst kidnap of bouganville's wife. These were things that Amaechi ended in Rivers State.
How is Jonathan disgracing himself? Which militants are u talking abt? What kidnap did Amaechi stop in Rivers state? What are the things Amaechi ended?
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Wabsz: 1:32pm On May 23, 2013
greatmen: its ur house dey will be war !
Hez houz & Family dat der will b war.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by dkingsman4real(m): 1:45pm On May 23, 2013
if this was really coming from rivers people, we would had been happy and count it as democracy at work. but they are rented crowd, that stand for what they dont believe it. it is painful that at this time of our civilization, people can still be fooled.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by mjames: 2:35pm On May 23, 2013
berem: Is this the reason why Patience Jonathan held a private meeting with security chiefs in Abuja? Shame on Patience Jonathan and her weakling husband!
Thank you.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by mjames: 2:38pm On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

What has GEJ got to do with anti-Amaechi's protest? Please you people from the SW should stop commenting on what you dont know. The ND will pursue Amaechi into the sea if he thinks he can betray us. GEJ does not need to say or do anything. GEJ is a very gentle man who doesnt bother anybody. When Sylva was insulting and threatening that he will kill the president, GEJ never replied him one day till he dug his own grave. GEJ was even defending him when others where accusing him.

Many of you have refused to realise that GEJ always wins because he never offends. Ibori, Sylva and now Amaechi. GEJ never offends and it keeps working for him. What is simply happening is that the traitors in the ND are all exposing themselves. The ND will never allow anyone to betray them anymore. Our eyes are wide open now. No amount of SW media campaign will change what we think or believe. All those fake ND people like Berem, who grew up in Ajegunle and Mushin should just naturalise in Lagos. We would soon build an electric fence accross the length of the ND! grin grin grin
You know very little my brother. Keek mute.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Orji Uzor Kalu Should Be In Prison, Not FIFA – Ohanaeze / Buhari's Sick Leave Re-energizes Nigeria's Presidency - Reuters / Akpabio Does Not Have Our Support, Chris Ekpenyong Explodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.