Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,406 members, 7,850,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:31 PM

Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture (19213 Views)

Senate Postpones Decision On Anti-Amaechi Petition Till Wednesday / Anti-amaechi Lawmakers Win / Anti-amaechi Protesters At Port-Harcourt Airport Yesterday (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by REVOLUTNIS: 2:45pm On May 23, 2013
State of emergency plsssssss
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Iko5000: 9:02pm On May 23, 2013
Rented crowd,Ameachi can vie for any position,especially when the sitting president is failing .
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by thelastpope10: 11:17pm On May 23, 2013
Are all you ACN supporters from SW done talking?

Stay away from ND issues. You know nothing about what we want. We are resolute.

We are not interested in your nonsense talk. Stay very far away. We will handle Amaechi our way. He is a small issue. We dont need any northern sycophant and butt licker running from Sokoto to Niger begging to be made a VP and coming back to talk nonsense in our region. Those years are gone. Amaechi will go the way of Ibori and Sylva if he messes up.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by thelastpope10: 11:25pm On May 23, 2013
Abagworo:

The Imo Governor is the best of this season(2011 to date). Amaechi is also one of the best in the history of Nigeria. Very soon there will be war in Bayelsa and you will understand this whole saga much better. You cannot burn your own house down because you want to hurt an innocent man.

My friend speak for yourself. You know absolutely nothing about ND! That is how you people made noise and supported Sylva just because of your hate for GEJ. Where is Sylva today? I have told you already. GEJ always wins because he doesnt offend. You cant fight a man that doesnt offend. Ibori, Sylva and now Amaechi keep repeating the same mistakes. Amaechi is an ok governor. He did well in building of schools and health centers and that is it. He failed in many other areas. But that is not even important here. If you think the ND will support an unknown Amaechi to become a second fiddle VP to a northerner, then you need to have your head checked! All of you supporting him are ACN and CPC supporters. That alone speaks volumes, that his support is coming from ACn noise makers and Boko Haram supporters. grin
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by koruji(m): 11:38pm On May 23, 2013
That's one of the PDP's "star" govs now a pariar because he asserted his rights. Does anyone need any moee information that PDP is a party of thugs?GEJ will not be president forever. Many of the people he is tampering with are far greater willy politicians than GEJ, and just as unforgiving as GEJ.

Goddex:

Bros, only sycophants eating with him "Love" him.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by tigereyes: 11:39pm On May 23, 2013
thelastpope10:

My friend speak for yourself. You know absolutely nothing about ND! That is how you people made noise and supported Sylva just because of your hate for GEJ. Where is Sylva today? I have told you already. GEJ always wins because he doesnt offend. You cant fight a man that doesnt offend. Ibori, Sylva and now Amaechi keep repeating the same mistakes. Amaechi is an ok governor. He did well in building of schools and health centers and that is it. He failed in many other areas. But that is not even important here. If you think the ND will support an unknown Amaechi to become a second fiddle VP to a northerner, then you need to have your head checked! All of you supporting him are ACN and CPC supporters. That alone speaks volumes, that his support is coming from ACn noise makers and Boko Haram supporters. grin

Leave Abagworo alone, a few months ago he was from Rivers state, then he was the expert on the state, then the owner of the state because he is ibo. I came to the conclusion that he envies the ND and just wants to belong.

Such a sad character no?
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by koruji(m): 11:43pm On May 23, 2013
Your top is so far up someone's behind ! GEJ doesn't offend? Even GEJ is beginning to understand his own offences.

thelastpope10:
GEJ always wins because he doesnt offend. You cant fight a man that doesnt offend.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Abagworo(m): 11:54pm On May 23, 2013
tigereyes:

Leave Abagworo alone, a few months ago he was from Rivers state, then he was the expert on the state, then the owner of the state because he is ibo. I came to the conclusion that he envies the ND and just wants to belong.

Such a sad character no?

I've never ever denied my Igboness but my mother is from Rivers State and I grew up with her. How can I envy myself? I'm from an oil producing area in Imo State and my support for Amaechi has never for once been in doubt. The only issues I've ever disagreed with him on is the monorail project and the private jet. I write with my conscience devoid of ethnic sentiments and you could even notice my disagreement sometimes with my fellow Igbos.

Calling Ateke and repentant militants to lead a protest against a sitting Governor is like calling Shekau(Boko Haram) and other repentant Boko Haram leaders to stage a protest against Borno future Governor. Only a brainless person will fail to comprehend the implications. Imagine where a future Northern President will have Shekau warning Nigerians that if his fellow Kanuri is not re-elected by force, they would restart insurgence.

1 Like

Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by thelastpope10: 12:15am On May 24, 2013
Abagworo:

Calling Ateke and repentant militants to lead a protest against a sitting Governor is like calling Shekau(Boko Haram) and other repentant Boko Haram leaders to stage a protest against Borno future Governor. Only a brainless person will fail to comprehend the implications. Imagine where a future Northern President will have Shekau warning Nigerians that if his fellow Kanuri is not re-elected by force, they would restart insurgence.

This statement above has completely exposed you. You sound like a bitter Buhari. To compare any militant with Boko Haram shows you are not from ND. You are a pretender. No true ND person will compare militants with Boko Haram. People dont liev in fear of militants in ND. Even when the militants were fighting against themselves back in the days, to gain territory, they never attacked innocent people. They only fought themselves. Any innocent person who died in those attacks died by mistakenly, not because of direct attack from militants. You definitely know nothing of ND. You are one of those Igbo chaps who are lost in Lagos and have lost their identity. Sorry, you do not qualify to speak on this issue
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Yorubaman40: 12:28am On May 24, 2013
Abagworo:

The interesting thing about Nairaland nowadays is that it is filled with paid agents supporting every misdeed of government. I will laugh last when this degenerates into another Boko Haram crisis in the South-South. You don't play politics with militants against elected authority.
Man by nature is a political animal. So, whether u act or not u are always making a political statement. The act of choosing "elected authorities" is a political one and what sustains them in position is still politics. Boko Haram is as a result of d disconnect btw the northern political elite and d commoners. On the contrary, it is actions such as Ameachis that can provoke another bh in the S/S. So if Ameachi loves his people let him listen to them.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Abagworo(m): 1:12am On May 24, 2013
thelastpope10:

This statement above has completely exposed you. You sound like a bitter Buhari. To compare any militant with Boko Haram shows you are not from ND. You are a pretender. No true ND person will compare militants with Boko Haram. People dont liev in fear of militants in ND. Even when the militants were fighting against themselves back in the days, to gain territory, they never attacked innocent people. They only fought themselves. Any innocent person who died in those attacks died by mistakenly, not because of direct attack from militants. You definitely know nothing of ND. You are one of those Igbo chaps who are lost in Lagos and have lost their identity. Sorry, you do not qualify to speak on this issue

People lived in fear of militants. I narrowly escaped death in 2006 when they shot indiscriminately into a nite club at Oroazi. I guess you must have been a toddler then to understand what we went through. Kidnappings and assassinations were almost a norm. These links will help you a little.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200706181659.html?mstac=0

https://www.nairaland.com/72068/rivers-crisis-bandits-bomb-nnpc

http://ofilis1234./2008/01/03/ateke-tom-niger-delta-militant-declared-wanted/

https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/friends/2007-September/002357.html
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by koruji(m): 2:04am On May 24, 2013
GEJ would know a lot about buttlicking - that is how he got to be VP to a NORTHERNER and sold his soul to the north to become P! Kettle calling pot black.

thelastpope10: Are all you ACN supporters from SW done talking?

We are not interested in your nonsense talk. Stay very far away. We will handle Amaechi our way. He is a small issue. We dont need any northern sycophant and butt licker running from Sokoto to Niger begging to be made a VP and coming back to talk nonsense in our region. Those years are gone. Amaechi will go the way of Ibori and Sylva if he messes up.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by tigereyes: 2:49am On May 24, 2013
Abagworo:

I've never ever denied my Igboness but my mother is from Rivers State and I grew up with her. How can I envy myself? I'm from an oil producing area in Imo State and my support for Amaechi has never for once been in doubt. The only issues I've ever disagreed with him on is the monorail project and the private jet. I write with my conscience devoid of ethnic sentiments and you could even notice my disagreement sometimes with my fellow Igbos.

You are not from the ND. You are a pure ibo guy who simply envies us. That is why you describe our freedom fighters the way you do. If you nearly died at the hands of the freedom fighters, what where you doing in our state? You should have been in your state.

There is no thread to do with my state that you don't come and claim to be Rivers. This behavior is why we dislike your people. Really you should stop. Amaechi is a disgrace and a traitor. In my opinion he should be hounded out of office. Himself and Odilli are really the same to us.

Food for thought - Are Odilli or Ameachi from the ND? Really, do you think we can consider them as Naija Deltans?
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by thenwhat: 3:04am On May 24, 2013
tigereyes:

You are not from the ND. You are a pure ibo guy who simply envies us. That is why you describe our freedom fighters the way you do. If you nearly died at the hands of the freedom fighters, what where you doing in our state? You should have been in your state.

There is no thread to do with my state that you don't come and claim to be Rivers. This behavior is why we dislike your people. Really you should stop. Amaechi is a disgrace and a traitor. In my opinion he should be hounded out of office. Himself and Odilli are really the same to us.

Food for thought - Are Odilli or Ameachi from the ND? Really, do you think we can consider them as Naija Deltans?

Freedom fighters indeed! They are all terrorists who have blood on their hands. All of these people; Shekau, Tompolo, Ateke, Dokubo, Kabiru Sokoto and other Boko Haram boys should be sitting in prison for the rest of their lives.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by tigereyes: 3:10am On May 24, 2013
thenwhat:

Freedom fighters indeed! They are all terrorists who have blood on their hands. All of these people; Shekau, Tompolo, Ateke, Dokubo, Kabiru Sokoto and other Boko Haram boys should be sitting in prison for the rest of their lives.

So should all coup plotters.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by slimghost(m): 8:20am On May 24, 2013
Abagworo:

People lived in fear of militants. I narrowly escaped death in 2006 when they shot indiscriminately into a nite club at Oroazi. I guess you must have been a toddler then to understand what we went through. Kidnappings and assassinations were almost a norm. These links will help you a little.

http://allafrica.com/stories/200706181659.html?mstac=0

https://www.nairaland.com/72068/rivers-crisis-bandits-bomb-nnpc

http://ofilis1234./2008/01/03/ateke-tom-niger-delta-militant-declared-wanted/

https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/friends/2007-September/002357.html

Dude you aint from ND, why not allow them thrash their issue? Your hatred for GEJ is really becoming irritating. Let ND's handle their ish.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Abagworo(m): 8:55am On May 24, 2013
slimghost:

Dude you aint from ND, why not allow them thrash their issue? Your hatred for GEJ is really becoming irritating. Let ND's handle their ish.

I've never made any remarks that indicates I hate GEJ. Show me any. I think you people are insane to have a kind of belief that only people from a particular area can comment on issues affecting Nigeria. Well Amaechi is an Ikwerreman and my uncle at that while GEJ is a Bayelsa man. What exactly did Amaechi do? Absolutely nothing. He's not contesting for VP and he has never challenged Jonathan. He only had issues with Orubebe because of the poor state of East/West road that is making life difficult for Rivers people.

The issue is 2015 election which an Ogoni man is expected to succeed Amaechi while Amaechi goes for Rivers East senatorial seat which Senator Sekibo and Nyesom Wike are also nursing same ambitions respectively. So how is Amaechi against Niger Deltans? What I see here is more of Ijaw trying to prove that they dictate what happens in South-south.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Abagworo(m): 9:13am On May 24, 2013
This is the genesis of this whole childish saga. Now tell me how this article suggests Amaechi did any wrong. He was only saying what most Niger Deltans want but because of tribalism it was turned into an Ijaw vs Amaechi issue.

Two of the leading political figures in the Niger Delta are engaged in a battle of wits that only shadows what could come in the immediate future.

They are among the most visible public officials from the South-South geopolitical zone. They are also two men with control over the biggest budgets directed towards the region. One is Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State and the other is Chief Godsday Orubebe, the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs with oversight over the whole of the Niger Delta region.

It started with Orubebe’s response last weekend to comments allegedly made by Governor Amaechi demanding that the East-West Road which traverses the six states of the Niger Delta be handed over to the states for repair.

The dilapidated state of the road has largely been a major worry for the people of the Niger Delta region. Though efforts have been made in the recent past to rehabilitate the road, the fact that the major part of the road remains an eyesore is an issue for the majority of the people of the Niger Delta.

That is despite the effort of some of the governors, including Governor Amaechi, in putting flyovers in portions where state roads intersect with the East-West road.

So for the people of the Niger Delta the fact that the administration headed by Dr. Goodluck Jonathan who is from the region has been unable to do much work on a project that is of vital importance to the people of the Niger Delta was especially worrisome.

Added to the infrastructure deficit is the political brinkmanship that has characterised relations between the presidency and some of the leading political lights from the region.

As the chairman of the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF, Governor Amaechi has especially been regarded as a thorn in the flesh of the presidency given his role in conveying the minds of governors on the matters concerning fellow governors.

It is claimed that after governors take their decisions which are sometimes at variance with the wishes of the presidency, that the duty often falls on Amaechi to convey such to the presidency, a fact of life that the governor has had to bear.

So given the mantle of leadership on him it is not surprising that he is often seen as an enemy of the presidency.

In the past even the wife of the president, Dame Patience Jonathan had to openly rebuke the governor in the course of his efforts in cleaning up some sections of the Port-Harcourt city.

So when Chief Orubebe took on the governor last weekend it was seen in some quarters as a continuation of the proxy fight between the governors and the presidency.

But did Orubebe go too far?
Orubebe was quoted as saying that “the governors of the Niger Delta want to take over the East_West Road, which implies that Rivers State has enormous resources, but I can categorically tell you that there are so many villages in Rivers State that have not been connected by road.”

“Port Harcourt used to be the Garden City of this country. Today, Port Harcourt is a slum. I think that he should concern himself more with utilising the resources at his disposal to develop Rivers State.”

If it was a matter of the Niger Delta road it would have ended there, but the minister was to latch on to what some have claimed as Amaechi’s disrespect for the president.

“But reverse is the case in Nigeria as even governors from the South-South, particularly, Rotimi Amaechi, has no respect for the President of this country.”

Amaechi’s chief press secretary Mr. David Iyofor, was quick to respond saying “Amaechi has great respect for the person of the President and his office. Ordinarily, I would not have responded to the ludicrous, thoughtless and bizarre ranting of the Minister of Niger Delta Affairs, Godsday Orubebe against Rivers State Governor but it has become imperative for me to do so and show clearly that the minister’s game plan is just to divert attention from his ineptitude and abysmal failure.”

Personal response
Amaechi was to send his personal response to Orubebe from the United States of America. Speaking with journalists in Houston, Texas, US, on the side-lines of a town hall meeting with Rivers State community, he said the reason for the creation of the Ministry of Niger Delta was to develop the region, adding: “Under Orubebe, what development have we witnessed? None.

It is a strategy to distract the Niger Delta people by trying to hide all his failures. I had gone through the region and no presence of his ministry was felt anywhere in the area of meaningful or people oriented projects.

“I challenge him to a debate for every one project Orubebe can show me that he had done in the Niger Delta region. I will show him 10 of such projects in Rivers State.  We did a 41-kilometre road to Opobo under water, yet the East-West Road on land he cannot complete. The Port Hacourt/Owerri Road is their road, yet we are doing it with Rivers State funds.”

On his rumoured presidential ambition
The governor also spoke on his rumoured presidential ambition, saying: “I cannot contest against Mr. President. We are from the same region. I respect him, and he is a good man. I am tired of responding to this issue of presidential ambition. It is normal to have contrary views on some topics but it doesn’t transcend to hatred.”

“It is the likes of Orubebe that fans the embers of hatred. It is unfortunate that he can accuse me of corruption, nobody has accused me before. If Orubebe wants us to go public any day, I am ready. I often tell them that the problem with me is that I am not an old man. I am equal to the task of confronting anybody who confronts me on issues that are mundane.

“I advise him again to face his work, and make his presence felt in the region. After all, I don’t have any mansion anywhere, but I know Orubebe’s mansion. If he wants, we will show the world his mansions.”

Remarkably some of the major political figures from the region are expressing concern on the development. While Senator Lee Maeba, a former senator from Rivers State out rightly blamed Governor Amaechi for what he claimed as opposing the presidency, Comrade Joseph Evah, Coordinator of Ijaw Monitoring Group, said both Orubebe and Amaechi were playing on the intelligence of Nigerians.

He said, “Both of them are of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and their actions so far have shown they are playing on our intelligence and when people talk too much, they will tell you it is a PDP affair”.

He stressed, “For Orubebe and Amaechi to be attacking themselves on the pages of the Newspapers means nothing serious and I wont be surprised if both of them are seen drinking beer together at night”.

Manijar Seigha, who is the chairman of the Niger Delta Nationalities Forum opines that Governor Amaechi erred in suggesting that the governors should take over the East West road as that was a serious indictment on Orubebe.

While trying to calm tension, Seigha in a telephone interview said: “It was an indictment on the minister and under normal circumstances, the minister would have reacted; and when the minister reacted by saying that Amaechi should keep his distance and handle only matters that were related to Rivers State, he (Orubebe) must have over reacted. We think that Amaechi has performed.”

In addition, he said “It is only the president that can say whether or not Orubebe has performed because he knows the allocation for his ministry. But my plea is for both of them to stop the media war and not over heat the Niger Delta.”

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/01/amaechiorubebe-two-fighting-in-niger-delta/

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/news/orubebe-accuses-amaechi-of-disrespecting-jonathan/

http://news.ghananation.com/business/14910-sekibo-rsquo-s-governorship-ambition-pushes-rivers-to-the-brink-of-ethnic-war.html

https://www.nairaland.com/502873/first-lady-scolds-governor-public

Amaechi has received more than enough attacks and insults because he wants development in Rivers State.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jun 13, 2013
Iykopee: am who says amaechi is not performing? Visit rivers state and see tins for urself ok...... Whatever u see now or hear beforehand, in rivers state, is d brainchild of GEJ and nyesom wike collabo... So unfortunate amaechi chooses to fight the wrong fight

Where is Rivers state to be visited ? Visit Bakana, Kula, Degema, Kalaibiama, Obonnoma, ABUA, Bille , Isaka, To see if AMAECHI HAS DONE ANYTHING...
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jun 13, 2013
Abagworo:

ABAGWORO your Mother is an Ngwa man that migrated to Oyigbo to sell leaves. You are not a Rivers man.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
tigereyes:

That ABAGWORO guy is a fat clown.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by abagoro(m): 7:35pm On Jun 13, 2013
killayut:

Where is Rivers state to be visited ? Visit Bakana, Kula, Degema, Kalaibiama, Obonnoma, ABUA, Bille , Isaka, To see if AMAECHI HAS DONE ANYTHING...

The problem with you Bayelsa people is that you salivate over Rivers riverine part. The aim is nothing but the oil and nothing more as can be proven with the Soku incident. By the time Sekibo comes out of the closet and Amaechi declares for Rivers East shall we know who is from Rivers and who's not. I won't respond to you again as I'm done with this topic. Amaechi will always win and you will as usual burst your own pipeline, kill your own people and pollute your own water in the name of militancy.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 13, 2013
abagoro:

The problem with you Bayelsa people is that you salivate over Rivers riverine part. The aim is nothing but the oil and nothing more as can be proven with the Soku incident. By the time Sekibo comes out of the closet and Amaechi declares for Rivers East shall we know who is from Rivers and who's not. I won't respond to you again as I'm done with this topic. Amaechi will always win and you will as usual burst your own pipeline, kill your own people and pollute your own water in the name of militancy.

I am a Rivers man and the real Rivers state for that matter.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by comradeoscar(m): 3:38am On Jun 14, 2013
Billyonaire: It's actually brou-ha-ha.
Prof! d guy only used d short cut spelly. I am vry sure dt he/she knws dt it is spelt as brouhaha! U must also humbly aprec8 d fact dt Eng lang is our 2nd lang. No bdy shd rudely corect or castig8 another 4 litle or mega goofs here & there.
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 3:45am On Jun 14, 2013
By the time GEJ is done with Nigeria, una go cry weeeeen weeeeeeen lmaooooo grin cheesy grin

O sese bere ni......enjoy am
Re: Anti-Amaechi Protests In Port Harcourt - Picture by Nobody: 3:48am On Jun 14, 2013
thelastpope10: Are all you ACN supporters from SW done talking?

Sharrrraaappppp dia

Small boy like you. Any menace done by GEJ and his rented morons affects us all. Omugo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Drags Senate To Supreme Court Over Magu, Others / Abia Secondary School Teachers Were Last Paid Salaries October 2018 – NLC / Church Explosion Targeted At Governor Wike - Vigilante Says, Fingers IPOB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.