Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:41 PM

What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? (5575 Views)

This Might Make Most Atheist Believe In God / What Will Make An Atheist Believe In God? 2 Simple Things / Do Atheist Believe Satan Exist? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 12:21pm On May 26, 2013
ijawkid:

if only you had the record of the promise made by the canaanite gods then we for no dey here dey talk na.....

According to the story, shebi they talk say them kill them all?. . . .No be their god say make them go steal land? he is all powerful and can do all things but he can not build a land for his people , na to dey tell them say make them go steal other people land. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 12:42pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

Their own moral code says its evil. . .Remember according to the story they egyptians saw that their numbers were increasing and they were afraid they were going to increase and take over their land so they decided to enslave them. They considered the egyptians to be evil based on what they did to them, they called for their god to come and rescue them from their bondage. Only for them to go about doing the same thing to others, taking people's lands, killing them and sparing their lives only when the people agreed to be their slaves. . .

keep running behind your tail. . .You have nothing to say apart from you do not like my answer which is actually a joke on your part. . .

The bolded means what exactly? That the moral code the Hebrews used named things good and evil according to how those things affected them? Lol
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by ijawkid(m): 1:13pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

According to the story, shebi they talk say them kill them all?. . . .No be their god say make them go steal land? he is all powerful and can do all things but he can not build a land for his people , na to dey tell them say make them go steal other people land. . .

You don forget sat rahab and her household no follow for the all??.............God who isn't genocidal provided a means of escape for those who chose to obey His words.....

That land belonged to the isrealites by virtue of the fact that Yahweh had promised them and so stealing isn't the word to use to decsribe the action the isrealites took.....it is taking what rightly belongs to them...........the canaanites them too do strong head like ikwerre people....lol.....
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Mranony: 1:26pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

When did I say this nonsense you typed above. . As usual when you have nothuing to say , all you do is make things up. You know me better than that, i always never play your games. . .Their actions were evil. . .Even by their own standards, because they same thing the egyptians did to them which they termed as evil was the same thing they set out to do unto others. . Moses, Joshua(assuiming the sories were true) , Hitler, Moa etc all belong to the same category. . .
Wow! Are you about to deny that you have ever said that morality evolves?
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 1:30pm On May 26, 2013
Mr anony:

I think he was and now he's gonna lie about it.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 1:57pm On May 26, 2013
Ihedinobi:

The bolded means what exactly? That the moral code the Hebrews used named things good and evil according to how those things affected them? Lol

Since you can't tell me if slavery is good or evil, or if genocide, land grab, raping women after battles etc are good or evil. . I have nothing further to discuss with you. . .You know very well that your own men of god are barbirians are no different from, Moa, Hitler or some taliban war lord hiding some where in the hills of tora bora. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 1:59pm On May 26, 2013
ijawkid:

You don forget sat rahab and her household no follow for the all??.............God who isn't genocidal provided a means of escape for those who chose to obey His words.....

That land belonged to the isrealites by virtue of the fact that Yahweh had promised them and so stealing isn't the word to use to decsribe the action the isrealites took.....it is taking what rightly belongs to them...........the canaanites them too do strong head like ikwerre people....lol.....

E be like say this wuna Yahweh na Ijaw man ohh. . .Ijaw poeople sabi sell one piece of land to 10 different people. . .them dey even sell river to people sef. . . grin grin

Who told you that the canaanite gods didn't also give them the land?. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 2:00pm On May 26, 2013
Mr anony:

So?. . .how does that affect the fact that even by their own standard what they did is evil. remember they called others that did the same thing they did to others evil people. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

Since you can't tell me if slavery is good or evil, or if genocide, land grab, raping women after battles etc are good or evil. . I have nothing further to discuss with you. . .You know very well that your own men of god are barbirians are no different from, Moa, Hitler or some taliban war lord hiding some where in the hills of tora bora. . .

Lol. How do I know any such thing? Have you shown me how they are barbarians like Mao, Hitler etc etc?
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by ijawkid(m): 2:13pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

E be like say this wuna Yahweh na Ijaw man ohh. . .Ijaw poeople sabi sell one piece of land to 10 different people. . .them dey even sell river to people sef. . . grin grin

Who told you that the canaanite gods didn't also give them the land?. . .

gringrin...no be ijaw people dey play that wayo o.....na ikwerre people sabi do that thing.......cheesy.....ijaw people no like land sef.....we good die....grin....

If you have the record of the canaanite gods making a promise to give the canaanites a land Yahweh had promised his own people,please show me.........show me o....even if na lie lie document sef...grin.

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Mranony: 4:46pm On May 26, 2013
mazaje:

So?. . .how does that affect the fact that even by their own standard what they did is evil. remember they called others that did the same thing they did to others evil people. . .
Lol, you really don't see the problem do you? If you claim that morality evolves, how can we know for sure that it didn't evolve between the time they were victims to the time they were the "oppressors"? How can we know for sure that morality hasn't evolved again such that you are now morally wrong for condemning them?

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 10:55pm On May 26, 2013
Mr anony:
Lol, you really don't see the problem do you? If you claim that morality evolves, how can we know for sure that it didn't evolve between the time they were victims to the time they were the "oppressors"? How can we know for sure that morality hasn't evolved again such that you are now morally wrong for condemning them?

Morality mostly evolves for the better. . .It makes us more tolerant and less acceptable of evil deeds. . .Do you deny the fact that morality evolves?. . .I am judging them based on your own objective moral standards. . .Enslaving people against their will is an objective moral evil. . .Rape is an objective moral evil, killing innocent children for crimes they did not commit is an objective moral evil. . .I am judging them and condeming their actions because it is objectively wrong. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by HerexG(m): 9:07am On May 28, 2013
mazaje:

Why must EVERYTHING about religion ad its claims be invisible, undetected, unknowable?. . .Isn't that a fraud?. . .Ask them about god, they will tell you he is invisible and doesn't want to show himself. . .Why would a being that is alleged to be all powerful, a being who WANTS to save humans and be in a personal relationship with them be invisible and undetected and invisible? You get many different incoherent gibberish answers from the proponents of the god hypothesis. . .Why is satan invisible like god since believers already believe he exist? all you get is anothe incoherent gibberish. . .Why can we only know something after we die?. . .All you get is another incoherrent gibberish. . .Religion is a fraud. . .It just keeps selling what is never there. . .

I am asking you simple questions and you are replying me with this?. . .You are making a case for heaven and insisting that i exist as such I am asking you questions about it. . .Will a 4 years old child that died remain a child forever in heaven?. . .

Heaven is not your idea or conception, it is the idea, conception and making of another person which you have bought into through indoctrination. . .You have never been to heaven all you have to lay hold to is the ideas and conception of others. . .You have been indoctrinated by friend. . . smiley

I have shown you that heaven is just an idea like reincanation. . .

When you look at a building, you know you don't need anybody to tell you that some intelligent mind planned and constructed the building. Now look at what i'm also writing here, your common sense would also tell you that someone who has a bright mind is writing it . I want you also to access at the human body , the head comprises of the the brain ( the monitor), eyes (for seeing), nose( for breath), mouth( for speech nd digestion), and this same body now has blood to transport oxygen nd chemical materials. Now this chemical materials and oxygen needs to be transported evenly to the body then here comes the heart .
What i'm trying to figure out here is that , if you think of say there is no very intelligent super being, who has intelligently placed and crafted all these. You cannot tell me something can come out of nothing. You cannot tell me you can have a building without a builder, if God is no ordinary and not in existence why has the human not created man with out sperm cell and the oval eggs.
Have you ever wondered about the galaxy (because this super being knows quite alright the necessity of light to the existence of life), the sun is there for the light during the day and the moon at night, would you tell me that came out randomly or without proper planning, looking at the great distance these satellite are from the earth. I would go on and on to tell you about this great majestic super being you can also see that we have got His kind of creative trait as man looking at the amazing creation man made.
Now talking about what exactly do God do, He is has done everything perfectly and given us all that we need to survive as man but if we still want to connect with Him, we can do that only by Faith. So He does so many things today by faith, "now without faith it is impossible to please God for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exist and rewards those who's week Him " (Hebrews 11:6).
I will conclude with what the great scientist Albert Einstein said on His own opinion about God " In the view of such harmony inin the cosmos which i, with my limiteded human mind , am able to recognize , there are yet people who say there is no God . But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views. God bless you all.
In God we trust
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 9:15am On May 28, 2013
HerexG :

When you look at a building, you know you don't need anybody to tell you that some intelligent mind planned and constructed the building. Now look at what i'm also writing here, your common sense would also tell you that someone who has a bright mind is writing it . I want you also to access at the human body , the head comprises of the the brain ( the monitor), eyes (for seeing), nose( for breath), mouth( for speech nd digestion), and this same body now has blood to transport oxygen nd chemical materials. Now this chemical materials and oxygen needs to be transported evenly to the body then here comes the heart .
What i'm trying to figure out here is that , if you think of say there is no very intelligent super being, who has intelligently placed and crafted all these. You cannot tell me something can come out of nothing. You cannot tell me you can have a building without a builder, if God is no ordinary and not in existence why has the human not created man with out sperm cell and the oval eggs.
Have you ever wondered about the galaxy (because this super being knows quite alright the necessity of light to the existence of life), the sun is there for the light during the day and the moon at night, would you tell me that came out randomly or without proper planning, looking at the great distance these satellite are from the earth. I would go on and on to tell you about this great majestic super being you can also see that we have got His kind of creative trait as man looking at the amazing creation man made.
Now talking about what exactly do God do, He is has done everything perfectly and given us all that we need to survive as man but if we still want to connect with Him, we can do that only by Faith. So He does so many things today by faith, "now without faith it is impossible to please God for the one who draws near to Him must believe that He exist and rewards those who's week Him " (Hebrews 11:6).
I will conclude with what the great scientist Albert Einstein said on His own opinion about God " In the view of such harmony inin the cosmos which i, with my limiteded human mind , am able to recognize , there are yet people who say there is no God . But what makes me really angry is that they quote me for support of such views. God bless you all.
In God we trust

What you are simply tellig me here is that god is your defaul position for "I don't know". . . .Eistien by the way does not believe in your biblical god. . .To him the universe and the laws of nature are god. . .You don't know if the universe was created by many gods, you don't know anything. . .To claim that one god idea that emenated from a particular tribe of the jews is what created the universe is just a joke. . .Why not trhe god of the muslims called allah or the many gods of the hindus?. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Mranony: 6:18pm On May 28, 2013
mazaje:

Morality mostly evolves for the better. . .It makes us more tolerant and less acceptable of evil deeds. . .Do you deny the fact that morality evolves?. . .I am judging them based on your own objective moral standards. . .Enslaving people against their will is an objective moral evil. . .Rape is an objective moral evil, killing innocent children for crimes they did not commit is an objective moral evil. . .I am judging them and condeming their actions because it is objectively wrong. . .
I see a problem here. How exactly do you define what is 'better'? If what we consider better today can evolve into what we consider worse tomorrow, how can we know that it is better that what we previously considered better is now considered worse instead of what we considered better remaining better?

2 Likes

Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 9:45pm On May 28, 2013
Mr anony:
I see a problem here. How exactly do you define what is 'better'? If what we consider better today can evolve into what we consider worse tomorrow, how can we know that it is better that what we previously considered better is now considered worse instead of what we considered better remaining better?

Didn't you see the word evolve? Evolve means it changes form. . .Our standard today is much better than that of your god and his chosen men at that time, as such if you try most of the commandements given by your god to them in the OT you will be in jail. . .For example,if you try stoning your disobedient child to death today. . .Jail shall be your home for the rest of your life. . .In societies that accept the death sentence you shall be executed. . .Our standard might be worse than that of the future generation but it doesn't mean it is not better than that of your god and his chosen men. . .Or should i say the Jews and their chosen god. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by kambo(m): 1:37am On May 29, 2013
FOLYKAZE: After death, we cease to exist
after death ur UNBELIEF ceases to exists! there are no atheists in hell!!.
on the death bed they're already smelling the smoke of the flames already!!
if in doubt ask thomas paine- research how some popular atheist's died.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by orgasticdance: 1:37am On May 29, 2013
Uyi Iredia: There is no clear, indubitable evidence that heaven exists. However, the thought of dying without ever living again is saddens me, sometimes to the point of depression.
a kindred soul here; and one reason why I'm probably going to go through life alone without a wife or children. I'd rather not have been born--yes I've been suicidal before. In my selfish view it's criminal to bring children into this chaotic world with it's beauty and confusion and have them snuffed out of it in their prime or in their old age. But no lie, discovering this truth was one of the most empowering things to happen to me, but alas, as Schopenhauer said, 'with increased intelligence comes increased capacity for pain". Death be not proud!

To the religious faithful, what a comforting thought it is to spend eternity with our loved ones and in the arms of a loving father, but oh that's the great delusion -- every thinking man knows that life is nothing but a crack of light between two eternities of darkness.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by kambo(m): 1:40am On May 29, 2013
orgasticdance:
a kindred soul here; and one reason why I'm probably going to go through life alone without a wife or children. I'd rather not have been born--yes I've been suicidal before. In my selfish view it's criminal to bring children into this chaotic world with it's beauty and confusion and have them snuffed out of it in their prime or in their old age. But no lie, discovering this truth was one of the most empowering things to happen to me, but alas, as Schopenhauer said, 'with increased intelligence comes increased capacity for pain". Death be not proud!

To the religious faithful, what a comforting thought it is to spend eternity with our loved ones and in the arms of a loving father, but oh that's the great delusion -- every thinking man knows that life is nothing but a crack of light between two eternities of darkness.

i wonder wat u mean by thnking man cuz many intellectuals , distinguished thnkers, dont share ur view or arrive
at your conclusion..
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 9:19am On May 29, 2013
kambo:
after death ur UNBELIEF ceases to exists! there are no atheists in hell!!.
on the death bed they're already smelling the smoke of the flames already!!
if in doubt ask thomas paine- research how some popular atheist's died.

Thomas paine died a normal death and all the things written aboout him were lies concocted by the christians around him. . .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by HerexG(m): 9:25pm On May 29, 2013
mazaje:

What you are simply tellig me here is that god is your defaul position for "I don't know". . . .Eistien by the way does not believe in your biblical god. . .To him the universe and the laws of nature are god. . .You don't know if the universe was created by many gods, you don't know anything. . .To claim that one god idea that emenated from a particular tribe of the jews is what created the universe is just a joke. . .Why not trhe god of the muslims called allah or the many gods of the hindus?. . .

* first making a suggestion that the world was created by several God is absolutely illogical, take some minute and reason that with your powrerful human mind. The world would have been so confused and disorganised if the world were to be created by several gods.
* Though Sir Albert wasn't a Christian but know ye noW that Christianity created a super comprehensive details about the Almighty God. Because the Jews discovered His true nature and identity first doesn't make Him a Jewish God and false.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by mazaje(m): 10:05pm On May 29, 2013
HerexG :

* first making a suggestion that the world was created by several God is absolutely illogical, take some minute and reason that with your powrerful human mind. The world would have been so confused and disorganised if the world were to be created by several gods.

False the belief that god created the universe came out of the fact that humans create things. . .And most things in our world have a cause and were created. . .We assume or presume god based on what we do as humans. So it follows that the universe was created by many gods if we are to follow that line of reasoning. . .Think of any complicated thing that humans have created, most were not created by one human alone. . .Many humans have come together and created and constructed very organized systems. Take your car for instance, it wasnt built by one man but many men. . .Your house and many other great structures, many man came together and built them. . .Is your car disorganized because many men came together and built it?. . .By the way many people believe in many gods, even the ancient jews also believed in many gods. . .So your argument holds no value. . .

* Though Sir Albert wasn't a Christian but know ye noW that Christianity created a super comprehensive details about the Almighty God. Because the Jews discovered His true nature and identity first doesn't make Him a Jewish God and false.

The ancient jews created a god idea and others helped them to sell it. . .The jewish god is no different than the muslim god or the gods of the hindus and ancient greeks, all are man made ideas tat exist only in the minds and imaginations of those that subscribe and believe in the idea. . .They do not exist in reality. .
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Katier00(f): 10:40pm On May 29, 2013
Van snickers:

Really??!! NO Virgins??!!!

Freak!!!! I'm so mind-blown!!

I've been looking forward to that. Damn!
as a woman what shld i look forward to,
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by cyrexx: 8:25am On May 30, 2013
Katier00 :
as a woman what shld i look forward to,

72 handsome romantic men are waiting for you in Allah's paradise grin
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by HerexG(m): 11:26pm On May 30, 2013
mazaje:

False the belief that god created the universe came out of the fact that humans create things. . .And most things in our world have a cause and were created. . .We assume or presume god based on what we do as humans. So it follows that the universe was created by many gods if we are to follow that line of reasoning. . .Think of any complicated thing that humans have created, most were not created by one human alone. . .Many humans have come together and created and constructed very organized systems. Take your car for instance, it wasnt built by one man but many men. . .Your house and many other great structures, many man came together and built them. . .Is your car disorganized because many men came together and built it?. . .By the way many people believe in many gods, even the ancient jews also believed in many gods. . .So your argument holds no value. . .

The ancient jews created a god idea and others helped them to sell it. . .The jewish god is no different than the muslim god or the gods of the hindus and ancient greeks, all are man made ideas tat exist only in the minds and imaginations of those that subscribe and believe in the idea. . .They do not exist in reality. .

I didn't mean God created the world all by Himself, but He is the brain behind it all . Remember in Genesis He said "let us make man " . You dare not call God imaginative because something can never come out of nothing its a common sense.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 9:44pm On May 31, 2013
cyrexx:
millions of people have died over the course of human history, there is no single credible evidence that they continue to exist anywhere else in any universe. there is no single proof that human consciousness survives the death and decay of the brain.
to the bolded have you SURVEYED all the vastness of the universe to come to that conclusion?
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:47pm On May 31, 2013
hisblud: to the bolded have you SURVEYED all the vastness of the universe to come to that conclusion?

let me guess.. you have? or better yet God has.. but then you cannot hold God to question now can you?

1 Like

Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 6:28am On Jun 01, 2013
lagerwhenindoubt:

let me guess.. you have? or better yet God has.. but then you cannot hold God to question now can you?
why should it make a vague statement that 'all the universe'? Moreover, did i mention God in my post?
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Solozzo(m): 7:59am On Jun 01, 2013
manmustwac: ^^^Please explain to me how you can use your five senses to determine what happens after death? Can you you use the same five senses to say what was happening 100 years before you existed? Or why you happened to be born into a Nigerian family that happens to practice christianity instead of a sunni damily that practices islam in Iraq or an Indian family that practices HindU in India or a Thai family that practices Buddhism in Thailand or a Danish family that happens to be atheists in Denmaek?

Very good questions. Over to the religionists
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Solozzo(m): 8:13am On Jun 01, 2013
Mr anony:
Why should I try to make the world a better place? Why not squeeze out every bit of sensual enjoyment I can before I go back to sleep?

....because if everyone does that, what would be left for you, your family and your descendants? Besides you have a moral responsibility to look after the finger that feeds you.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Solozzo(m): 8:35am On Jun 01, 2013
mazaje:

Many of the writers of the OT do not believe in life after death . . . .Some of them believd in heaven but non of them believed in hell. . . .In the OT when you offend Yahweh he kills you immediately or orders some one to kill you. . .No eternal suffering after you die . . .You violate his commandements and he kills you immediately or send someone to kill you. . . .

That's right. The concepts of hell, heaven, son of God were borrowed from Greek and Egyptian myths.
Re: What Does An Atheist Believe Happens After Death? by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Solozzo:

....because if everyone does that, what would be left for you, your family and your descendants?

All the more reason for me to do it first and knock off any and all competitors.

Besides you have a moral responsibility to look after the finger that feeds you.

Where do I derive such a responsibility?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why I Can Never Be An Atheist. / Can A Christian Do Plastic Surgery For Beauty Enhancement? / Salary Scale: Whats The Salary Range For Catholic Priests & Other Clergies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.