Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:23 PM

Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria (13247 Views)

Osinbajo’s Trip To India Not Cancelled - Presidency / Why Buhari Cancelled US Trip / APC Congratulates Jonathan Over Visit To Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by mukina2: 9:22am On May 23, 2013
Why Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria

Facts have emerged as to why the United States president, Senator Barrack Obama, decided not to put Nigeria in the list of the African countries that he will be visiting, as earlier scheduled.

These facts came barely forty-eight hours that the White House in Washington, DC relased to the press, the details of President Obama’s travel to Senegal, South Africa and Tanzania.

Checks by our correspondent revealed that the American president was initially having it in his plans to add Nigeria to the planned Africa’s visit but had to change his mind as a result of the unfavourable security reports that the White House has been receiving about the country since three weeks ago.

Our correspondent gathered that Obama had been in constant touch with President Goodluck Jonathan for over two months regarding the visit as a way he (Obama) felt could be used to pacify Nigeria over the way and manner he canceled his earlier schedulled trip to the country during his first term as the American president.

Although, several diplomatic efforts were made by Nigerian officials both in the United States and Nigeria to make the American President Obama visit Nigeria, the American government decided to ignore the idea as a result of the high level of insecurity in the country.

Further checks by our correspondent showed that the Department of State had earlier given the federal government some conditions that could make President Obama add Nigeria to his planned visit to Africa but the inability of the Jonathan-led administration to curb the insecurity in the nation disqualified the country from making the list of the countries that the American leader and his wife, Michelle, will be visiting between the 26th of June and 3rd July, 2013.

It would be recalled that the United States government has recently been complaining about the loss of lives, bombings, impunity and corruption on the side of the federal government, and the idea of using force on families of the members of the Boko Haram Sect by the Nigerian security agents.

The inability of the Nigerian government to strictly adhere to the warnings of the American government, LEADERSHIP gathered made the White House to see Nigeria as a place its president cannot visit.

An official of the United States who spoke with our correspondent on the telephone however disclosed that the canceled visit of President Obama to Nigeria would not jeopardised the good relationship that both countries share together.

“The United States present has a very good Bi-national relationship with Nigeria and the fact that President Obama did not include the country in his planned visit to Africa will not make the US to withdraw all her supports from Nigeria. Nigeria is our most strategic partner in Africa and nothing will ruin our relationship. Maybe in the future, the president will visit but now, he cannot because the security reports available are not encouraging” the official who pleaded anonymity hinted.

Meanwhile, President Obama will return to Africa this summer for the first time since his first year in office, the White House announced Monday.
http://www.osundefender.org/?p=101816

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On May 23, 2013
I heard he cancelled the visit to Kenya too, due to his hate towards his father.

13 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:32am On May 23, 2013
WHO CARES? BLOODY IMPERIALISTS!

22 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by BlackPeni5: 9:34am On May 23, 2013
Obama was supposed to visit my home in Nigeria. Its so sad he didn't make it again.

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by WESTERNCR: 9:35am On May 23, 2013
and so..........?
Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Vicotex(m): 9:35am On May 23, 2013
who 1st beg am make him come 9ja?? ,
Dem no dey beg shit make im smell

5 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by gbogboti: 9:36am On May 23, 2013
Before nko? If na you.

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:36am On May 23, 2013
I think it's a bit more than just security... corruption and pardoning of ex-governors, alleged military abuses in the north, rise in militancy in the Niger Delta... does he really want to look like he's endorsing those troubles with a visit...? na waa

6 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by maxit2(m): 9:37am On May 23, 2013
let Obama eat dust.
His coming makes no difference to Nigerians...... He is just a president of A country, and there are hundreds of countries.

8 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by babarazy: 9:37am On May 23, 2013
Would his visit add money to our pockets?

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:37am On May 23, 2013
obama should park well, every country has her challenges ,and most of AFrica problems have the whites as the remote cause.

terrorism is also in developed nation,has he forgotten the Boston incident so soon.

11 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by untainted: 9:37am On May 23, 2013
Guardian I know, Vanguard I know, The Sun I know.
Please who is Osundefender?

16 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by maclatunji: 9:37am On May 23, 2013
What do you expect? The country is not stable at the moment.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by nneh1(f): 9:38am On May 23, 2013
Abeg make him no come b4 they spend #6.5 billion on his visit as they did to queen elizabeth.

11 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Freiburger(m): 9:38am On May 23, 2013
It is so normal, there should be a guaranteed security atleast 3 weeks prior to the time of the visit.
Shame on everyone who was responsible for the breach of security.

1 Like

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Ruq: 9:39am On May 23, 2013
Ooooooohhhh Whatz thiz Rubbish na!! ?? what would his visit have done to us ? solve all the insecurity probs we have ? restore electricity in our homes ?.
Y'all should stop hyping his visit to Nigeria like the 2nd coming of Christ! He himself can't solve the whole crime in Detroit not to talk of Naija. Eff his visit big time.

7 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by BARKiNG1(m): 9:39am On May 23, 2013
The country is disorientated and in absolute disorder so why should President Obama and his family visits a confused country

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:40am On May 23, 2013
i bet he wont cancel americas dependence on naijirian oil over insecurity though smdh

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Lilprincey(m): 9:41am On May 23, 2013
Even if he comes he doesn't make any difference. Team GEJ until sir alex coaches chelsea.

4 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by danny301: 9:42am On May 23, 2013
If i may ask, whats so special about Obama's visit to Nigeria, is he coming to raise the dead? Will his visit change the situation of things in Nigeria?..... I think Obama cancelling his proposed visit to Nigeria should be the least of our worries now.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Edoboy1(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2013
untainted: Guardian I know, Vanguard I know, The Sun I know.
..Thank you very much. I don't believe this story one bit. If he cancelled,it wasn't because of insecurity. Didn't he visit Isreal amidst war? People are making this story up, its annoying. GEJ haters on the loose.

2 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by fittty(m): 9:43am On May 23, 2013
Before nko!
Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by sagaciousblog: 9:44am On May 23, 2013
This post has been hidden
Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Blessmira: 9:45am On May 23, 2013
Its better he doesnt visit Nigeria now dt d country is HOT. So dt he ll still live long 4 his pple.
wishn him safe trip tho. 8-)

1 Like

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by 2gbasky22(m): 9:45am On May 23, 2013
Pls can some one tell me how his coming will affect the increasing price of garri in the market or help our youth not to fail jamb
Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by israel007: 9:46am On May 23, 2013
Kini big deal?
Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by INFO70: 9:47am On May 23, 2013
Let's leave all these stories. Didn't Obama know that Nigeria is not secure? Why did he mentioned it before and later cancelled it?

3 Likes

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On May 23, 2013
untainted: Guardian I know, Vanguard I know, The Sun I know.

Ignoramous!

1 Like

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On May 23, 2013
Good,maybe this will make mr president to sit and re think for a better and a secured nigeria. Rather than planning to be re elected in 2015............more grease to your elbow OBAMA

1 Like

Re: Insecurity- Obama Cancelled Visit To Nigeria by mardon: 9:48am On May 23, 2013
That's no news if you ask me. It has always been his reason

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

War In Ngige's Camp As Annie Okonkwo Turns His Back On APC and Ngige's bid / Nnamdi Kanu Might Be Right: Compare And Contrast Between New And Old Buhari / Pantami: FG To Deploy 5G Network Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.