Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Fact About Death - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Fact About Death (1209 Views)

Near-death Or Afterlife Experiences - What The Bible Says About Death / Still About Death: Inviting Mr Anony And Any Other Interested Parties. / About Death: Inviting: DeepSight, Thehomer, Ihedinobi, Reyginus, Kay 17 etc. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 11:59am On May 23, 2013
greetings to all of you in the name of Jesus. I am writing this article so as to give us 'christians' a biblical understanding of what happens after an individual breaths his last breath.
This am saying now is based upon my understanding of the bible and the holyspirit helped in interpreting part i dont understand.

now lets talk about the main subject.

According to the following verses......
matthew 9 vs24... He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.
John 11:11 These things said he: and after that he saith unto them, Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep.
Acts 7:60 And he kneeled down, and cried with a loud voice, Lord, lay not this sin to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleep.
1 Corinthians 15:6 After that, he was seen of above five hundred brethren at once; of whom the greater part remain unto this present, but some are fallen asleep.
Ecclesiastes 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

Based on the above text from the holy bible, we can understand that when a person dies, he does not go to a world beyond or transforms into something else. He is asleep waiting for the time that he would be woken uo someday. Just like when we sleep, we are conscious of nothing, we just lie on where we slept waiting to be woken up by instinct.

secondly, lets us consider the following verses .......

John 5:28 Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, 5:29 And shall come forth; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation.
Acts 24:15 And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust

this is just the simple and logical explanation of death

so fellas isnt it quite simple to know that one day our friends and family will be ressurected and we will see them once more?

may d peace of the Lord be with you all
Re: Fact About Death by nikkyshyne(f): 12:17pm On May 23, 2013
My tots exactly. But some say the spirit goes to wherever immediately undecided
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 12:49pm On May 23, 2013
nikkyshyne: My tots exactly. But some say the spirit goes to wherever immediately undecided
that was my believe also not until i read d bible with the help of the holyspirit.... try to read it u wil c dat it works
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 1:28pm On May 23, 2013
oya mods.... front page things....lets educate one anoda
Re: Fact About Death by Detonatorrex(m): 1:40pm On May 23, 2013
how do you explain the parable of the rich man and Lazarus?
Luke 16:22-31
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 2:01pm On May 23, 2013
Detonator-rex:
how do you explain the parable of the rich man and Lazarus?
Luke 16:22-31
what about it? jesus was saying a parable..... dats figurative. wen lazarus d broda of martha rose after death, did he come bck n tel tales of him going to heaven or hell?
Re: Fact About Death by Detonatorrex(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2013
mcfynest:
what about it? jesus was saying a parable..... dats figurative. wen lazarus d broda of martha rose after death, did he come bck n tel tales of him going to heaven or hell?
the rich man died and went to hell..what makes that figurative? Cos its a parable?

1 Like

Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 5:23pm On May 23, 2013
Detonator-rex:
the rich man died and went to hell..what makes that figurative? Cos its a parable?
simple....it is a parable.....giv me another example
Re: Fact About Death by Detonatorrex(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2013
mcfynest:
simple....it is a parable.....giv me another example
on the cross, Jesus told the thief on his right that he will meet him in paradise that day...any explanation?
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2013
Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.
pls read the ff passages...luke 4:24,
9:27, 12:37,
12:44, 18:17,
18:29, 21:3,
and 21:43 ........
in d greek txt of d bible there was no punctuation mark. and dis was the ist time jesus will use today n verily togeda in one passage....so the meaning of dis passage is based on ir beliv..by placing the comma wer u wish....so jesus was telin 'Verily I say unto thee Today....' meaning he is talking to him dis very moment...we can say it lyk dis! surely i say to u today, dat u will be with me in paradise.....
simple
Re: Fact About Death by Detonatorrex(m): 12:43pm On May 24, 2013
so in other words, all those that see revelations of people in heaven and earth are liars?
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 24, 2013
mcfynest: Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee Today, shalt thou be with me in paradise.
pls read the ff passages...luke 4:24,
9:27, 12:37,
12:44, 18:17,
18:29, 21:3,
and 21:43 ........
in d greek txt of d bible there was no punctuation mark. and dis was the ist time jesus will use today n verily togeda in one passage....so the meaning of dis passage is based on ir beliv..by placing the comma wer u wish....so jesus was telin 'Verily I say unto thee Today....' meaning he is talking to him dis very moment...we can say it lyk dis! surely i say to u today, dat u will be with me in paradise.....
simple

Hallo MC,

You danced to the left...danced to the right and finally ended up explaining NOTHING!!!
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 2:04pm On May 24, 2013
Detonator-rex:
so in other words, all those that see revelations of people in heaven and earth are liars?
when jesus, peter, elijah raised someone who was dead, did dey come back and say they saw themselve in a heaven or hell?
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 2:06pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Hallo MC,

You danced to the left...danced to the right and finally ended up explaining NOTHING!!!
what i meant was that jesus was not telling d guy that he will meet him in paradise dat day. he was just telin him dat wen he coms bck he(d thief) wud reign with him in paradise
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 24, 2013
mcfynest:
what i meant was that jesus was not telling d guy that he will meet him in paradise dat day. he was just telin him dat wen he coms bck he(d thief) wud reign with him in paradise

It still does not explain it...you are only giving it your own interpretation...

Now how do you explain these passages in line with the OP:

Matthew 17:2-3
New International Version (NIV)

2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

1 Peter 3:18-20

19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 4:36pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

It still does not explain it...you are only giving it your own interpretation...

2 There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. 3 Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus.

19 After being made alive, he went and made proclamation to the imprisoned spirits— 20 to those who were disobedient long ago when God waited patiently in the days of Noah while the ark was being built. In it only a few people, eight in all, were saved through water,
pls bfor i ans dis ques....it is a must dat u shud knw dat am not arguing so pls let d holy spirit have his way.
now the issue is dis....wer was moses or elijah buried? sinc no one knws den u knw elijah was taken to heaven while no one knows how or were moses died.... so sinc dey didnt die dey are not aslip.

on d 2nd issue,pls lets b spiritual in dis....
no wer did d dis verse say Jesus went to hades or hell... it said" he was put to death in the body but made alive in the spirit by whom he went and preached to d spirit in the prison.
the question is who is the individual mentioned in the words “by whom” found in verse 19? If you read the verse it says “by the Spirit,19 by whom” Thus the by whom” is the Holy Spirit. So with that in mind the verse says the following that Christ by the Holy Spirit “went and preached to the spirits
in prison”.
The verse says that Christ by the Holy Spirit “went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient,” when? The verse states ” when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.” So Christ by the Holy Spirit preached to the spirits in prison in the days of Noah while the ark was being prepared. Thus this happened before Jesus came as a man. so according to John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. so whosever comits sin is a slave to sin. now jesus in spirit went to d humans living in noah's time, the Bible tells us Satan has “made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, ” and “did not open the house of his prisoners “. (Isaiah 14:17) So Satan is the one keeping these prisoners. Prisoners have no freedom. Who is it whom Satan is trying to take captive? Humans of course. Thus, the prisoners are actually humans who are bound to sin.
dats based on my litu understanding with the help of the holy spirit.....i had to add some source sef

1 Like

Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 4:37pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 5:19pm On May 24, 2013
mcfynest:
pls bfor i ans dis ques....it is a must dat u shud knw dat am not arguing so pls let d holy spirit have his way.

Okay, cool!

mcfynest:
now the issue is dis....wer was moses or elijah buried? sinc no one knws den u knw elijah was taken to heaven while no one knows how or were moses died.... so sinc dey didnt die dey are not aslip.

Well MC, Moses did die...see below for scriptural backing:

Deuteronomy 34:5-6
King James Version (KJV)

5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. 6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

mcfynest:
on d 2nd issue,pls lets b spiritual in dis....

Okay!

mcfynest:
no wer did d dis verse say Jesus went to hades or hell...

I don't know where the above is heading to but I don't think I mentioned anything like Christ going to Hades or Hell...

mcfynest:
it said" he was put to death in the body but made alive in the spirit by whom he went and preached to d spirit in the prison.
the question is who is the individual mentioned in the words “by whom” found in verse 19? If you read the verse it says “by the Spirit,19 by whom” Thus the by whom” is the Holy Spirit. So with that in mind the verse says the following that Christ by the Holy Spirit “went and preached to the spirits
in prison”.
The verse says that Christ by the Holy Spirit “went and preached to the spirits in prison, 20 who formerly were disobedient,” when? The verse states ” when once the Divine longsuffering waited in the days of Noah,
while the ark was being prepared, in which a few, that is, eight souls, were saved through water.” So Christ by the Holy Spirit preached to the spirits in prison in the days of Noah while the ark was being prepared. Thus this happened before Jesus came as a man. so according to John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. so whosever comits sin is a slave to sin. now jesus in spirit went to d humans living in noah's time, the Bible tells us Satan has “made the world as a wilderness And destroyed its cities, ” and “did not open the house of his prisoners “. (Isaiah 14:17) So Satan is the one keeping these prisoners. Prisoners have no freedom. Who is it whom Satan is trying to take captive? Humans of course. Thus, the prisoners are actually humans who are bound to sin.
dats based on my litu understanding with the help of the holy spirit.....i had to add some source sef

Nah men...so many things are mixed up in there...the passage was not talking about what Christ did before he came as man...it was what happened after he died...refer to the passage again...

King James Version (KJV)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

Peter started by letting us know who was involved (Christ) then what happened after he died (died in the flesh and quickened in the spirit)...it then revealed what he did after he was 'quickened by the spirit' (he went to preach to the spirits in prison)...and then told us which spirits he preached to (those who disobeyed at the time of Noah)...
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Peter started by letting us know who was involved (Christ) then what happened after he died (died in the flesh and quickened in the spirit)...it then revealed what he did after he was 'quickened by the spirit' (he went to preach to the spirits in prison)...and then told us which spirits he preached to (those who disobeyed at the time of Noah)...

Did Jesus preach to these 'spirits in prison' before or after the resurrection ?
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

Did Jesus preach to these 'spirits in prison' before or after the resurrection ?

Whose spirits were these? The dead or the living?
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Whose spirits were these? The dead or the living?

Please answer my question.
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
frosbel:

My questions are yet to be answered!
Re: Fact About Death by Kay17: 6:25pm On May 24, 2013
Death has no purpose, so for a nihilist it is not a second option.
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 6:43pm On May 24, 2013
striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

King James Version (KJV)

5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. 6 And he buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, over against Bethpeor: but no man knoweth of his sepulchre unto this day.

Okay!

I don't know where the above is heading to but I don't think I mentioned anything like Christ going to Hades or Hell...

Nah men...so many things are mixed up in there...the passage was not talking about what Christ did before he came as man...it was what happened after he died...refer to the passage again...

King James Version (KJV)

18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; 20 Which sometime were disobedient, when once the longsuffering of God waited in the days of Noah, while the ark was a preparing, wherein few, that is, eight souls were saved by water.

my broda pls dnt get it twisted....
frosbel:

striktlymi:

Okay, cool!

King James Version (KJV)

Okay!

King James Version (KJV)

and on the issue of who he preached to.... Isaiah 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? satan has prisoners and who are this prisoners?? John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant(slave) of sin. anyone who commits a sin would bcom a slve to satan.... those r d people jesus preached to....in spirit
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 24, 2013
mcfynest:

and on the issue of who he preached to.... Isaiah 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners? satan has prisoners and who are this prisoners?? John 8:34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant(slave) of sin. anyone who commits a sin would bcom a slve to satan.... those r d people jesus preached to....in spirit

Don't worry guy...it's already obvious that after death the spirit lives on. The spirit of Moses appeared at the transfiguration after he died long ago...

No need for too many posts...

Enjoy your thread!

1 Like

Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2013
thats cos we dnt knw wat apnd to moses.... God buried him. who knws mayb d ppple didnt c him again so dey presumed he was dead
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 12:00am On May 25, 2013
striktlymi:

Don't worry guy...it's already obvious that after death the spirit lives on. The spirit of Moses appeared at the transfiguration after he died long ago...

No need for too many posts...

Enjoy your thread!

1. Man is not a spirit, so when he dies he he DEAD , I think this has been overflogged and proven without doubt to be the case.

2. The transfiguration was a vision and confirmed that the LAW and the Prophets all pointed to Jesus and he was a fulfillment of them, Moses in this case representing the LAW and Elijah the Prophets.

"And as they came down from the mountain, Jesus charged them, saying, Tell the vision to no man, until the Son of man be risen again from the dead." - Matthew 17:9
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 12:01am On May 25, 2013
striktlymi:

My questions are yet to be answered!

I asked you a simple question, instead of providing an answer , you threw a question back, still waiting. smiley
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 12:17am On May 25, 2013
King James Version (KJV)

Two things to note here , or you may miss entirely the point of the message.

Just before I continue , let me agree with mcfynest , that these 'spirits' in prison were actually sinners.

For example. consider these verses of scripture which truly establish that ALL Men under sin are prisoners of the devil:

"and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil,having been held captive by him to do his will." - 2 Timothy 2:26

"Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, everyone who commits sin is the slave of sin." - John 8:34

"There were those who dwelt in darkness and in the shadow of death, Prisoners in misery and chains, because they rebelled against God's commands and despised the plans of the Most High." - Psalm 107:10 -11

Hence , Jesus came to set these captives of the devil free :

"This is why it says: "When he ascended on high, he took many captives and gave gifts to his people." - Ephesians 4:8

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me, because he has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners and recovery of sight for the blind, to set the oppressed free," - Luke 4:18

We have now established that the spirits in prison are actually sinners , rebels and the wicked who are held captive by the devil at this will.

We now go on to establish what Peter meant by spirits in prison.

"being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit: 19 By which also he went and preached unto the spirits in prison; "

2 Things to note here ( please note the underlined ) :

1. Jesus was quickened by the Spirit or Holy Ghost.
2. It is by this Spirit which quickened and raised Jesus from the dead, that the gospel was preached through Noah to the spirits in prison at that time.

Therefore, the crux of this statement is that the same Spirit which raised Jesus from the dead is the same Spirit by which the gospel was preached to the spirits in prison during the era of Noah.

It in no way supports the false teaching that Jesus died, went to HELL and preached to the spirits in prison. Even if it were so, we have to ask ourselves. for what purpose ? Surely their time us up after death and there can be no hope after death for sinners, why then would Jesus preach to them ? Does Jesus not say God is the God of the living and not the God of the dead ?

The bible clearly says that after MAN dies, next comes judgement not a second chance.

Before you jump the gun about the issue of spirits , remember spirit in the case of MAN represents his life or the breath of GOD that brings him into being , it is therefore my opinion that this phrase 'spirits in prison' , denotes the 'lives who were held in prison' by the devil ,at the time of Noah.
Re: Fact About Death by Nobody: 12:34am On May 25, 2013
One other question, if we agree with the position of some , that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison at the time of Noah, why only these people ? Is this not favoritism ? Why did Jesus not go and preach to ALL who had died since the world began including the time of NOAH ?
Re: Fact About Death by mcfynest(m): 7:15am On May 25, 2013
frosbel: One other question, if we agree with the position of some , that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison at the time of Noah, why only these people ? Is this not favoritism ? Why did Jesus not go and preach to ALL who had died since the world began including the time of NOAH ?

the bible clearly states that God will have mercy on whom He wants to have mercy....

buh realy frosbel thanks for explaining more beta kiss
frosbel: One other question, if we agree with the position of some , that Jesus went to preach to the spirits in prison at the time of Noah, why only these people ? Is this not favoritism ? Why did Jesus not go and preach to ALL who had died since the world began including the time of NOAH ?

the bible clearly states that God will have mercy on whom He wants to have mercy....

buh realy frosbel thanks for explaining more beta
Re: Fact About Death by frank317: 8:17am On May 25, 2013
how does the poster come out here and tell us the holy spirit interpreted the bible for him, yet there is still argument and people are still confused.

guy what did the holy spirit tell u? i hate all these kind of things honestly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Revisiting The Jesus Ascension Story / 5 Ways The Prosperity Gospel Is Hurting Africa By J. Lee Grady / Is It Right To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.