Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,437 members, 7,812,305 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:25 AM

Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? (17033 Views)

Shocking News: Wicked House Maid Uses URINE To Prepare Meal For Her Boss' Family / Why Do People Spit Around? / Do You Spit Saliva On The Road In Front Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ogasir2011: 7:03pm On Jun 04, 2013
Harbosede02: wtf!urine secretion in d mouth!!do u fink u are d only biology literate here.stp saying trash plz

I guess your Biology teacher died in your SS3, so you never had the oppourtunity to understand the subject. Hope is not lost my dear. Thank God for Google.

Pls Google and gain knowledge Before you embarrass yourself.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Anvaller: 7:08pm On Jun 04, 2013
ogasir2011: It is very normal to spit after urinating, its biological. Each time you are urinating, a minute quantity of urine is also secreted through your silivary glands in your mouth. Spiting will vary b/w individuals because some salivary glands are bigger than others. Spiting while urinating its actually a reactive action from the irritation caused by the urine secretion in your Mouth.

#Fact

Absolute garbage.. U must def be joking..

And to the topic..
This is kind of gross, I never heard of spitting on urine in my entire life (Born in Nigeria, grew up in Nigeria) I am aware that some ppl spit at any foul smell which I consider a crass but no class habit. And in fact it is, I hate spitting. So I am shocked that some were actually raised to be spitting on their urine.. Oh My Goodness!!!.
Stop It!!!!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 7:14pm On Jun 04, 2013
ogasir2011:

I guess your Biology teacher died in your SS3, so you never had the oppourtunity to understand the subject. Hope is not lost my dear. Thank God for Google.

hy guy u don't nid 2 tear ur cloth jst to tell me dat..u shuld b d 1 surfing Google ryt nw and nt me!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by immortalvoices(m): 7:20pm On Jun 04, 2013
Hiss *spit on this urine thread and walk out* God save Nairaland!!!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 04, 2013
Da fvck
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tomakint: 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2013
donedy: Most of these hypocrites that are condemning this act as retro culture, by judging it with their so-called 21st century mentality, are not more educated than most of the people doing it.

Majority of these 21st century lifestyle advocate still defecate under the bridge and still use the pit toilet.
You dey mind dem, too many pretenders on Nairaland!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tomakint: 7:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
ogasir2011:

Thanks bro for educating him, most times they talk before thinking, besides the superstitious attachment, I think you have dealt on the biological aspect of it succinctly!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tomakint: 7:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
yuzedo: tommaki bro did u growed up in side vilegge hut? undecided bro u neeed to tramvul to abroad, mayb gana or sera lone. wtf! wot a 21th centurry this grace!!
Yuzedo, I have been to not too many foreign countries but I have travelled to 3 European countries and really studied their lifestyles! Spitting on one's urine is just a normal habit don't mind those 'forming' on Nairaland cool
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ZN2: 8:07pm On Jun 04, 2013

I need to create a link to take me straight to specific nairaland sections rather than the homepage. angry
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tontons: 8:15pm On Jun 04, 2013
well 2 crown it all, as i knw n do dis sh*t is jst an habit 2 me nah tin more. Even in d most cleanest environ i stil DO IT afta pee, nah tin reli attached 2 it.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by ATMCARD2(m): 8:19pm On Jun 04, 2013
gbadexy: First time I would be hearing this.
I guess it depends on the area one grew up.
One enters his toilet to pee alone and don't know if the person is supposed to spit on it.
I grew in lag, went to public school and I've stayed in nearly all the major division in lagos, visited friends ibadan and ogun state in school days and I've never heard or witnessed it.
Although I've heard of more ridiculous superstitions before, but I guess one is not common to southwest.
I would like to hear from someone there that does or know of this practice.
.Who ask u?
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nogen: 8:44pm On Jun 04, 2013
Emmyk: i heard if you spit on it, you have rendered it useless to those that might wanna 'use' it... I spit on it when I do it in an unknown place tho, who wan die? cheesy..

That must be a Yoruba thing too!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by bonetalk(m): 9:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
yes, even if i have a chance to dig a hole, i will do it, na naija we dey

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by kobikwelu(m): 9:45pm On Jun 04, 2013
The manner of threads i see on nairaland
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by gbadexy(m): 9:47pm On Jun 04, 2013
Nogen:

That must be a Yoruba thing too!
Actually I suspects its an eastern thing. That was what I was trying to say in •̸Ϟ•̸y previous post.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Jun 04, 2013
YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

IT AVERTS ILL LUCK!
angry
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by binhozie(m): 10:36pm On Jun 04, 2013
Since I was born till now I am old
Today marks the first day I am seeing this superstitious crap
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 04, 2013
@OP and all of those who engaged, engage and engagin in this act. U SO RAZZ..Gawddddd, WTF....na wa o
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 04, 2013
binhozie: Since I was born till now I am old
Today marks the first day I am seeing this superstitious crap
Godd, I swear, na the first time wey I go see thos kind thing be this
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 04, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

IT AVERTS ILL LUCK!
angry

Even U, bros U of the most intelligent and educated folks I seen around.. why nowwwww? Shuo
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:46pm On Jun 04, 2013
sanniemoe:

Even U, bros U of the most intelligent and educated folks I seen around.. why nowwwww? Shuo

ITs instinct bros. ITs not conviction. Its our human nature. you don't get it. Thats how Paganism works.

80% of the people who did it here are not only xtians, but also don't know why they do it. its how things work,. undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by DarkFive: 11:11pm On Jun 04, 2013
Never heard stuff so stupid in my entire life, that means majority of you piss on the road & con tribute to makin this town a filth & later we blame govt

1 Like

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Amyceilyn(f): 11:17pm On Jun 04, 2013
I neva did it
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by kavey10(m): 11:32pm On Jun 04, 2013
IZUKWU: Hmmmm, i am hearing this,for the very first time..

Osanobua!! Brof, keep "hearing" it ooo! Nairaland ehn!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 05, 2013
190: [size=18pt]in 2013 people spit on their urine

Lawdddd!! have mercy

which kind country be this angry angry angry
[/size]

lol...

@topic um no.
what for? undecided
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 05, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
YOU HAVE TO DO IT!

IT AVERTS ILL LUCK!
angry

see this one. grin
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by UyiIredia(m): 5:08am On Jun 05, 2013
And why the fück should I spit on my urine ?
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by zcoreman(m): 5:18am On Jun 05, 2013
Canisma: Superstitions like this is what is making Africa not to move forward.
Wake up,People !!!
In India too, some stupid superstitions are giving the whole nation a bad name...
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by radioactive(f): 5:25am On Jun 05, 2013
tomakint: It's a kind of habit I engaged in while growing up, I don't know why I engage in it but I do see that people whom I grew up with always spit at the spot where they just urinated!

I remembered asking my uncle way back then that, why do people spit at the spot where they urinated? He answered, 'so as not to make it smell'!

Over the years, I have discovered that it is more of a superstitious belief other than what many claimed it used to work for!

Do you still spit on the spot where you urinates?

If you and all the other "public-pissing" and "spitting" folk were so concerned about the stench from your urine or the "ill-luck" associated with urinating in the open, I think the rational thing to do would be to find an appropriate place to do your business. That's why toilets and urinals exist you know. It's no wonder all sorts of odours assail one's nostrils on Nigerian roads. eewww!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by dothis91: 5:32am On Jun 05, 2013
to split on urine...usually occur wen u urinate in a dirty enviroment nd is nt bcus i dnt it 2smell or use my evil pple or woteva
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by danswagz(m): 6:25am On Jun 05, 2013
Wtf,dis makes me want to puke,hmmm
'runs from thread'its stinks
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by adetsim(m): 8:32am On Jun 05, 2013
ibiali: i even drink it sef....first urine in the morning...."drink water out of thine own belly"... wink smiley

Drink wetin? Bros you're so funny. Na Lacasera?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Birthday! Here's my Speech / A Special Message For A Special Friend / What Is Your Greatest Phobia?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.