Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,613 members, 7,827,304 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? (17050 Views)

Shocking News: Wicked House Maid Uses URINE To Prepare Meal For Her Boss' Family / Why Do People Spit Around? / Do You Spit Saliva On The Road In Front Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 05, 2013
Sounds like a really disgusting habit. I've never heard of anyone spitting on their urine until now. I don't even like spitting at the best of times.

To all those that do spit on their urine:

Why would anyone spit on their urine anyway? So even if you urinate in your own toilet, you actually spit into the bowl too, before flushing? Or you urinate in a dirty public toilet, you've got the time (or inclination) to spit on your urine before leaving? I'm trying to imagine a public toilet, that's crawling with all manner of germs, and absolutely reeks. I'd be more concerned with getting out of that disgusting environment as quickly as possible. And I'd most likely be holding my breath, with my lips firmly clenched. lipsrsealed

Why would I even consider opening my mouth to spit in that dirty environment? Urrrrggh! embarassed

I'm just trying to understand the rationale behind this practice, nothing more.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 05, 2013
This thread is disgusting!
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Donclassic(m): 9:48am On Jun 05, 2013
First time am hearing this
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by victor2exl(m): 10:07am On Jun 05, 2013
please i have been seeing people do this both in a decent,non-decent even in a religious gathering environment i became scared some day i began to do this,is more than a decade now...please can some one give more explanation as to the spiritual implications of this act....pls i need a serious comment..no insults
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tomakint: 10:12am On Jun 05, 2013
Aress: This thread is disgusting!
There you are, what makes it disgusting! Posters have been registering their reasons they engage in it, you are not reading to learn but busy trolling! There are superstitious and biological reasons people engage in the habit! Read and learn cool
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by mayrho(m): 10:17am On Jun 05, 2013
Spit on urine choi why would you spit on your urine if you urinate the right place gents/ladies also called conveniences or toilet HELLO na una dey make naija smell *smh*
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Rockcalvary(m): 1:05pm On Jun 05, 2013
dedons: what are they supposed to do with their urine in 2013

Drink it i guess

Nope! More like send it as a BC or snap am use am do dp ☺
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tundeblack: 2:07pm On Jun 05, 2013
someone told me when u spit on your urine herbalist or evil doer cant use it to harm u again
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by deols(f): 2:37pm On Jun 05, 2013
It is disgusting and uncomfortable seeing grown men urinating by the road side.

Nigerians should stop doing that please.

2 Likes

Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Rockcalvary(m): 3:18pm On Jun 05, 2013
deols: It is disgusting and uncomfortable seeing grown men urinating by the road side.

So it is more pleasurable τ̅☺ see grown women dey do am ba? Abi you don forget say ‎​И̣̣̣̥a una need the spit pass, so if pesin march am, una **** ₪☺ go turn hellfire
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Tosignoh(m): 4:29pm On Jun 06, 2013
It happen most, wen urinatin in an uncondusive places......
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by PAGAN9JA(m): 6:23pm On Jun 06, 2013
deols: It is disgusting and uncomfortable seeing grown men urinating by the road side.

can you please build more public toilets then
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by deols(f): 6:48am On Jun 07, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

can you please build more public toilets then

Having public toilets is a good thing. You need to direct your appeal to the right people though.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by deols(f): 6:51am On Jun 07, 2013
Rockcalvary:

So it is more pleasurable τ̅☺ see grown women dey do am ba? Abi you don forget say ‎​И̣̣̣̥a una need the spit pass, so if pesin march am, una **** ₪☺ go turn hellfire

You should have known that if it is disgusting to see men do it, it is disgusting seeing women do it. The likelihood of seeing men at it is higher though.

and btw, women like me don't urinate like you described. Do you know many women who do? You may need to warn them of your hell fire.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by Princewell2012(m): 6:53pm On Apr 15, 2017
amnestylaw1:

I used to do that way back in Naija. The reason was because we grew up to learn that spitting on one's urine renders any charm that may be placed on that urine impotent. As I grew up though, I saw less sense in it and I stopped.

I Do it and not for any supersticius believe but i just found myself doing it
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by TeetoEsq(m): 11:50am On Jan 16, 2018
Emmyk:
i heard if you spit on it, you have rendered it useless to those that might wanna 'use' it... I spit on it when I do it in an unknown place tho, who wan die? cheesy..
yea... Na wetin dem been tell me too. If u spit on it no ONE can use it for anything against u. #butisittrue?
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by teemy(m): 3:13pm On May 19, 2018
Urine smells, simple. When you get the ammonia laughing gas into your nostrils, you don't want the saliva in your mouth go down into your system same as when passing through the garbage dump. First time I am hearing there is a superstition around it.
Re: Do You Still Spit On Your Urine? by tomakint: 2:24am On May 24, 2018
teemy:
Urine smells, simple. When you get the ammonia laughing gas into your nostrils, you don't want the saliva in your mouth go down into your system same as when passing through the garbage dump. First time I am hearing there is a superstition around it.

Thanks for this short and detailed explanation

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

It's My Birthday! Here's my Speech / This Lady‘s Nose is the biggest no doubt(Must See) / A Special Message For A Special Friend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.