Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,391 members, 7,815,834 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel (14886 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by docjuli(m): 10:27am On May 24, 2013
Ah that's good.

Looks like it has something to do with this:

"Jonathan to inaugurate $1.5bn WEMPCO steel rolling mill"

...The Group Managing Director, Wempco Group, Mr. Lewis Tung, said the mill, which would begin the production of cold rolled (flat steel), would depend on imported steel billets for raw materials until it could work out how to transport iron ore from Itakpe in Kogi State.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by EveryLadY(f): 10:28am On May 24, 2013
A very good one for us there.To think that Global Steel was striping the Steel company and exporting it is maddening in the first place.Even if it will not produce,let it be there for us.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Lilimax(f): 10:28am On May 24, 2013
homesteady: They've started renovating the area!! They've repaired the roads leading to the steel mill!! I can actually see this dream coming to pass!! GEJ has plans for Nigeria!!
Recovering the Ajaokuta plant from Global Steel is not the issue rather can we manage the company as a country?
Privatisation of this business would have been the best option else it may end up like NITEL, NEPA, etc
Nigerians are not good managers when it comes to industries. shocked

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by felixtare(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2013
nice 1gej

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by jimmymfoniso(m): 10:31am On May 24, 2013
if the president doesn't do it. Who will? Is it I? Abeg he has done well but its his job
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Noblechyk: 10:37am On May 24, 2013
A welcome development. Goodluck to Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by awodman: 10:38am On May 24, 2013
homesteady: They've started renovating the area!! They've repaired the roads leading to the steel mill!! I can actually see this dream coming to pass!! GEJ has plans for Nigeria!!
Also the AJaokuta-Warri standard gauge rail track has been completed

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Cholison(m): 10:42am On May 24, 2013
Gentlemen there is nothing to jubilate about. Information at our disposal is that ITAKPE IRON ORE which is designed to feed Ajaokuta has been traded for Ajaokuta to Global Infrastructure, in the circumstance Ajaokuta will not have a raw material feedstock. When then becomes of Ajaokuta without raw materials. Some of these so called political leaders do not seek professional advise before opening their mouth simply because they want to be relevant. Ajaokuta will not work optimally without Itakpe. They should open up and tell us the status of Itakpe in the aftermath of the Arbitration in London.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ibiyade(m): 10:49am On May 24, 2013
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by ZeusI: 10:54am On May 24, 2013
Nigerian sanctimonious parties(APC & co.) do not care about progress but are the cornerstone of all vices in Nigeria so far, from supporting insurgency to painting any of GEJ's good project black. Do they seek to unseat him to have their own share of looting, or are they after the progress of Nigeria? The latter seem the fact. They will not see this good move, all they see is where failure came. No encouragement, no counsel. If they are not for virtuous acts, they must be for vile ones.

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by ZUBY77(m): 10:54am On May 24, 2013
darealez: nice move Mr president! Pls recover NITEL too, its about time we tort network providers a lesson!

More than 70% of Nitel underground copper cables has been vanderlized and shipped to China and Europe as scrap metals. I know this because i deal on copper too
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by nke001: 11:01am On May 24, 2013
darealez: nice move Mr president! Pls recover NITEL too, its about time we tort network providers a lesson!
Nitel recovery is on the way!
GEJ is working!!!
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by aribitoye(m): 11:02am On May 24, 2013
Cholison: Gentlemen there is nothing to jubilate about. Information at our disposal is that ITAKPE IRON ORE which is designed to feed Ajaokuta has been traded for Ajaokuta to Global Infrastructure, in the circumstance Ajaokuta will not have a raw material feedstock. When then becomes of Ajaokuta without raw materials. Some of these so called political leaders do not seek professional advise before opening their mouth simply because they want to be relevant. Ajaokuta will not work optimally without Itakpe. They should open up and tell us the status of Itakpe in the aftermath of the Arbitration in London.

Brother, are u sure of the above information you gave?(the one in bold) if yes, what's your source pls? thanks
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by kutchs: 11:05am On May 24, 2013
aminho: If you are now believing in Nigeria like this comment
I have always believed in Nigeria and will continue to do that until death calls.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 11:07am On May 24, 2013
kutchs:
I have always believed in Nigeria and will continue to do that until death calls.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 11:07am On May 24, 2013
Demdem: Good one from the retardeen for completing the take over. Global steel is a useless Indian company. More kudos to the late yaradua who was courageous enough to nullify the concession agreement in the first place.

I am encouraged by your post for once. Naija go better!
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by sylve11: 11:15am On May 24, 2013
I am so happy to hear this, next to come Delta Steel Company. GEJ i go vote for u come 2015. smiley cool kiss cool
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by akintun: 11:19am On May 24, 2013
Is it d fed gov dat cannot manage common Nitel, dat want to manage a large steel company( ghost company)

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by sixtusjr(m): 11:21am On May 24, 2013
I just love GEJ!
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Guk: 11:31am On May 24, 2013
Cut your losses and move on! It will be far more cheaper to start a fresh plant than to attempt to resucitate a 20th Century soviet plant.
By the way, can it cost up to =N=60billion to start a new factory? Just thinking, thats what we want to spend away on mobile phones for 10m farmers angryhmmm
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by kitombo: 11:44am On May 24, 2013
Nobody in his right senses will buy Ajaokuta Steel Company and leave it the way it was originally configured and expect to produce steel at a competitive cost. There were just too many non-core assets that will need to be stripped off to be competitive. Only governrment will build a steel company and include a housing estate together with support services.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ozonna(m): 11:49am On May 24, 2013
Cholison: Gentlemen there is nothing to jubilate about. Information at our disposal is that ITAKPE IRON ORE which is designed to feed Ajaokuta has been traded for Ajaokuta to Global Infrastructure, in the circumstance Ajaokuta will not have a raw material feedstock. When then becomes of Ajaokuta without raw materials. Some of these so called political leaders do not seek professional advise before opening their mouth simply because they want to be relevant. Ajaokuta will not work optimally without Itakpe. They should open up and tell us the status of Itakpe in the aftermath of the Arbitration in London.

My brother, are you sure about this?
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by halilu44: 11:50am On May 24, 2013
Nigerians should not be mislead by this news, Iron ore mining Itakpe, which is the main producer of the raw material , has been handed back to the Indians (Global steel limited), So we are moving 2 steps backward . May God help us.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by a29truth(m): 11:55am On May 24, 2013
Good move for the country and our economy,

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ozonna(m): 11:56am On May 24, 2013
halilu44: Nigerians should not be mislead by this news, Iron ore mining Itakpe, which is the main producer of the raw material , has been handed back to the Indians (Global steel limited), So we are moving 2 steps backward . May God help us.

Where is the source of this news?
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 11:59am On May 24, 2013
The transformation is on...
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Demdem(m): 12:09pm On May 24, 2013
Ozin:

I am encouraged by your post for once. Naija go better!

Demdem always says the truth as it is. Jonathan for now still remain retardeen though.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Reasons Why Igbos Can Never Succeed In Their Biafra Agitation / Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack / Election: APC Speaks On Kwara Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.