Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,902 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel (14887 Views)

Why Ajaokuta Steel Company Won’t Function Immediately – Minister / Okonjo-iweala Connived With World Bank, IMF To Write Off Ajaokuta Steel Company / A Plea To Revive Ajaokuta Steel Company- Natasha Akpoti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by biomedixexcel(m): 3:45pm On May 24, 2013
No jubilation until they start employing people!
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Arogba: 3:54pm On May 24, 2013
taharqa2: And the Rail line that wud serve this Steel project from the Mining Cop at Itakpe to the Steel Plants at Ajaokuta and Warri-Aladja ie the Itakpe-Ajaokuta-Agbor-Warri Rail line, the 1st Standard Modern Railway in West Africa, has also just been COMPLETED by GEJ. That Rail line was conceived since 1978, while actual constructn stated bw 1989-1991, with all previous Govts unable to complete it in more than 30 yrs. When sm of us insist that GEJ is steadily TRANSFORMING Nigeria brick by brick, we know what we are talking about.... God bless the President and his team; and may He continue to bless this Great nation, NIGERIA

Really? GEJ completed the rail line? some people just come here to talk rubbish!
That rail line has been operational since 1987.
I worked briefly at ASCO between 1991 and 1994 and can personally attest to this. There's also the Ajaokuta-Itobe rail bridge that was complete in 1985, I'm sure some of you will come here to tell us it was GEJ that built that.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by fkaz(m): 3:55pm On May 24, 2013
Frank-C:

It is not actually a promise made, it is a promise kept. Be happy for your country for once.

Guy am not talking about the recovery, am talking about the 10,000 job they promise
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ramcie(f): 4:07pm On May 24, 2013
Olaolufred:

WHY YOU SEEMS TO HAVE SOME KNOWLEDGE ABOUT ASCO.
THE BOLDED ARE NOT SO.
IT USED TO BE, BUT NOT NOW.
DRIVE THROUGH, AND YOU WILL SEE PLACES WHERE EROSION HAS CUT OF ROADS.
WATER? PEOPLE LEAVE ON BOREHOLES DRILLED BY CHURCHES.
GREATEST IS THE HIGHWAY FROM OKENE TO AJAOKUTA.
DEATH AND ARMED ROBERRY SCENE IT IS.
FOR YOUR INFO, MY RELATIONS JUST CAME VISITING ME IN LAGOS THIS AFTERNOON.
ASCO IS NO LONGER WHAT YOU DESCRIBED.
POWER(ELECTRITY) IS THE ONLY FACILITY REMAINING. THANKS.

Really? I really don't know the part of ajaokuta ur relations live in but the estate I grew up in in ajaokuta for the past 25yrs does not depend on boreholes for water as you claim. the roads I pass also are very good. you can't compare roads outside the steel estate to those inside the estate. ajaokuta okene road is bad due to the heavy duty vehicles that always ply that route.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 4:16pm On May 24, 2013
simply_me:

Taken back from an investor that wasnt performing.

i wonder why we can't do same for all other privatized govt enterprise in Nigeria...
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by jamesbridget13(f): 4:25pm On May 24, 2013
Ramcie:

Really? I really don't know the part of ajaokuta ur relations live in but the estate I grew up in in ajaokuta for the past 25yrs does not depend on boreholes for water as you claim. the roads I pass also are very good. you can't compare roads outside the steel estate to those inside the estate. ajaokuta okene road is bad due to the heavy duty vehicles that always ply that route.
Pls bro tell him, it cant be d Ajaokuta i was born n grew in, may be some other Ajaokuta exist close to his resident place. What do u think?

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Jonwesley(m): 5:01pm On May 24, 2013
What of the one in Aladja, close to Effurun Warri, Delta State? It was also sold to Global Steel - Indians. What is Delta State waiting for? The President should do same to this one.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by sylve11: 6:10pm On May 24, 2013
ZUBY77:

More than 70% of Nitel underground copper cables has been vanderlized and shipped to China and Europe as scrap metals. I know this because i deal on copper too

lol, i know sey u get hand for the vanderlization too. grin cool
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by ikenga67: 6:21pm On May 24, 2013
Didn't the World Bank dismiss this project as "white elephant" decades back? The only honest solution to this plant is to allow whoever has markets for the outdated soviet era machinary to quickly dismantle and cart off the stuff so the land could be quickly returned to the farming for which the indigenes of the area are better adapted to. Wish the Sardauna is still alive today to see the end result of his hatred and jealousy towards the more industrious peoples of Nigeria!!
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by yomanovic: 6:26pm On May 24, 2013
ogb5: Its is worthy to note that a senator is praising the president. And from the report seems excited that a company has been taken back from an investor.

I just hope they have a plan to make that contraction called ajaokuta to work.

Someone need to study how those in eastern Europe were able to keep their soviet era factories functional till date.

Ajaokuta might just be a doomed project. Might just count our losses and move on. Maybe encourage private guys to build and run multiple little plants instead of the gigantic ajaokuta steel complex

I wonder why they had to sell at the initial stage if not for the greed of some politicians who decided to convert it to personal properties in the name PRIVATISATION. Nigerians should just watchout for PHCN because the people who are buying it are the same old names who neither had nor have anything for the vision of Nigeria. They refused to invest in Nigeria and are yet converting the available public companies to personal properties. Nigerian youths, watchout.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Raphtop(m): 6:31pm On May 24, 2013
Its i tym i tuk ma geography palli bak om. Om swt Om. Uhm........... Sory, woz yawning
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Lyth: 6:50pm On May 24, 2013
aminho: If u don't believe in nigeria like this comment

And sm BH dumbos actually lyked this huh? Dnt believe in 9ja then u most def dnt believe in urself, hence u r pretty much worthless...not to worry y'all gonna get wats comin to u pretty soon .
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ojugunrege(f): 7:16pm On May 24, 2013
Ramcie: It's actually true. my mum works there and things are infact changing for the better. The workers there are all excited about this. That's one place in Nigeria that enjoys so much light it's almost unbelievable. I'm so happy for Ajaokuta. if you've lived there , you wouldn't wanna live anywhere else cos there is water, light, gud roads just to name a few.
I have gone there for an interview before and I saw how a beautiful place it is.Light was constant for the time I was there. God bless GEJ if this work.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Ramcie(f): 7:38pm On May 24, 2013
jamesbridget13: Pls bro tell him, it cant be d Ajaokuta i was born n grew in, may be some other Ajaokuta exist close to his resident place. What do u think?

thanks dear. help me ask him oh! our ajaokuta isn't the way his relatives portray it to be.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by jamesbridget13(f): 7:55pm On May 24, 2013
Ramcie:

thanks dear. help me ask him oh! our ajaokuta isn't the way his relatives portray it to be.
am even missing Ajaokuta. I want to see my siblings, its such a long time. I love Ajaokuta. GEJ! God ll bless u if d steel functions as its suppose it.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Dee60: 9:55pm On May 24, 2013
I am confident that GEJ will do well in the next 2 years and I also think he will eventually pull out of 2015! My prediction.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 24, 2013
Good move! At least, it would serve as a diversion of interest from Anambra's Oil.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Nobody: 9:26am On May 25, 2013
Sobams07: Dem say if u no sabi fly run ,if u no sabi run walk,if u no sabi run crawl by all way just keep moving n i think dis government is trying small sha
Hmmmmmmmmmm. I hail oooo
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Abdul2born: 2:38pm On May 25, 2013
Getting it company back is good, but d question is, can they maintain it as it suppose that they will not later abandon it again?
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Cholison(m): 4:18am On May 26, 2013
I want to reiterate my earlier information about Ajaokuta and Itakpe. As for my source, I will keep it to my chest. For your information I am an active player in the Steel sector, particularly Ajaokuta having worked for over twenty years in the plant during its construction and earning my pension for life from he organisation. What I speak and desire is the good of the organisation and not just criticism. Next time you desire clarification on issues of do not hide your identity and make yourself faceless.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by awodman: 5:00am On May 26, 2013
Cholison: I want to reiterate my earlier information about Ajaokuta and Itakpe. As for my source, I will keep it to my chest. For your information I am an active player in the Steel sector, particularly Ajaokuta having worked for over twenty years in the plant during its construction and earning my pension for life from he organisation. What I speak and desire is the good of the organisation and not just criticism. Next time you desire clarification on issues of do not hide your identity and make yourself faceless.
My friend without a source your post is as good as a BEER PALOUR gossip...and which GLOBAL INFRASTRUCTURE are you talking about here..hw is the company different from the GLOBAL STEEL from which Ajaokuta was recovered from....
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Demdem(m): 5:02pm On May 26, 2013
[s]
ABAKA72: mr man, who gave you the right to insult the president of Nigeria and by extention Nigerians in general. GEJ may have his short commings just like every other human being, he makes mistakes like all of us, you may not be satisfied with his policies, you may be anoyed by the way he do things but that does not warrant your casting aspersions on his person, presently he remains the president of this country. who are you by the way? of what value have you been to humanity other than trash. Imagine a faceless nonentity castigating a man that has manage to become the president of the FRN. what was the level of achievement your father attained? can you tell us one member of your family or reletive that is known for anything? be it in politics, football, music , academics, public administration, spiritual leadership, just to mention but a few, yet instead of critisizing constructively, you keep insulting people that are better than you in every aspect. in your quiet moments do some soul sarching about yourself before you abuse others.
[/s]

Complete rubbish. Senseless post. So u are a Nigerian and i am togolese right? Protest by commiting suicide if u arent happy with the term retardeen.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by Demdem(m): 5:04pm On May 26, 2013
Olaolufred:

Many don't bother to know the truth in any stories.
Yaradua is the one who revoked the gift (Ajaokuta Steel) Obasanjo gave to the useless indian coy.
Litigation began on it.
Since Jona is the president, he has no other choice than to defend the decision taken by his deceased boss.
Or would have have decided to settle out of court and return it to the Garlic-eating fake Oyinbos like obj did?
All praise goes to Yaradua on this one.

Thanks for re-emphasising this basic truth.
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by adamay: 8:00am On Jun 23, 2013
same should be thought of DELTA STEEL ALADJA where more than 800 workers have died awaiting benefits
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by DisGuy: 1:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
DOES anyone know how much this thing is contributing to national purse? so much twist and turns about this place ever since i started hearing about it
Re: Jonathan Recovers Ajaokuta Steel From Global Steel by harveyspec: 5:42pm On Aug 02, 2016
Cholison:
I want to reiterate my earlier information about Ajaokuta and Itakpe. As for my source, I will keep it to my chest. For your information I am an active player in the Steel sector, particularly Ajaokuta having worked for over twenty years in the plant during its construction and earning my pension for life from he organisation. What I speak and desire is the good of the organisation and not just criticism. Next time you desire clarification on issues of do not hide your identity and make yourself faceless.

You words have proven to be right! with itakpe conceded to global steel, what then is the fate of ajaokuta?

is ajaokuta not at the mercy of global steel who now controls the iron ore mining company?

Hope the iron ore mining company has a lease period?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Boko Haram Militants Kill One In Fresh Yobe Town Attack / Names & Ages Of 114 IPOB Women Remanded In Prison / COVID-19: FG Won’t Allow Self-Isolation For Returning Nigerians – Onyeama

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.