Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,079 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum (2945 Views)

This Is What Happened To Me At A Scam Job Interview In Ikeja / How To Stop Receiving Scam Job Test/Interview Messages / Example Of A Scam Job Interview Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum by Emmymi(m): 11:23am On May 24, 2013
I got this job offer letter in my email yesterday, I read through and called the. Provided phone number only to be told that I should pay the sum of 25,000naira if I needed to be assisted in getting the job offer.
My suspicions are:
1. I googled the company only to find out it is only based in the U.K
2. I visited the stated website in the mail, it is not well datailed for such an o organisation.
3. I was sent an account number on a different name.
Read the mail below.
SPRING PETROLEUM COMPANY

1/12 SHELL ROAD,

FINIMA,BONNY ISLAND,

RIVERS STATE,NIGERIA.

TEL. 07059604426

Dear ......,

JOBOFFER LETTER FROM SPRING PETROLEUM COMPANYSpring Petroleum Company is pleased to offer you a job as a Trainee in the  Spring Petroleum  training programme. We trust that your knowledge, skills and experience will be among our most valuable assets.

THE PROGRAMMEThe Spring Petroleum training programme will last for 18months at three of our locations namely Bayelsa State, Rivers State and Akwa-Ibom State respectively. The training programme will be academically challenging and intensive with many practical assignments. Continuous assessment and appraisals of trainees will take place during the period of training.

The programme is divided into five disciplines as follows:

1.      Electrical/Operations (Ref. ELECT.1)

2.      Mechanical/Operations (Ref. MECH.2)

3.      Instrumentation/Operations (Ref. INSTR.3)

4.      Accounting (Ref.ACCT.4)

5.      Marketing (Ref .MARKTN.4)

The SPC/2 programme is City and Guild accredited, and on successful completion graduands shall be awarded the City and Guild of London Institute Certificate, in addition to the Spring Petroleum Certificate of attendance.

TRAINEE NUMBERYour assigned trainee number for the

2013 Spring Petroleum training programme is SD 11049.

SPRING PETROLEUM TERMS AND CONDITIONS :

Monthly Salary & Allowances conditions:

Basic Monthly salary - N320,000 (Three hundred and twenty thousand naira monthly)

Trainee allowance    - N30,000  (Thirty thousand naira monthly)         

Service Conditions:

You will be subject to Spring Petroleum Company's staff regulations from time to time.Our staff hand book shall act as reference point for you while in the service of the Spring Petroleum Company.

While in the Spring Petroleum Company employment,you shall not engage in private practice or any other business.

It should be understood that you shall maintain confidentialities of Spring Petroleum Company's businesses and shall not disclose to their party any information relating to the Spring Petroleum Company transactions.

Accomodation & Feeding:

Company takes care of your accomodation and feeding throghout the period of trainee programme.

Documentation condition:

Employee must be able to undergo all the documentation process required by the company.

Job start date:

Employee must be ready to resume at the job location on the 27th of June,2013.

Should you accept this job offer and the above terms and condition, provide us with the below required documents on or before 28th of May, 2013. for scrutinization and confirmation.

1.Original/Photocopies of all credentials.

2.Reference letter from referee.

3.Nebosh general certificate

4.HSE competent three certificate.

All the above must be submitted in person or via courier to the company address as stated below.

Job Location & Address:

SPRING PETROLEUM COMPANY

1/12 SHELL ROAD,

FINIMA,BONNY ISLAND,

RIVERS STATE,NIGERIA.

TEL. 07059604426

Note: Failure to submit any of the above requirement will result to disqualification.

NEBOSH/HSESince it has been mandated by the regulatory body that any employee to be employed in our organisation must be HSE and NEBOSH certified. If you are yet to be  certified both in HSE and NEBOSH make sure you go to the nebosh website to get more info on how to undergo the training online:

CLARIFICATION:

If you need clarifications do not hesitate to contact our humanresources department at

Contact person : MR. FRANK NWORGU

Phone:  08102707059

Yours Faithfully,

HUMANRESOURCES DEPARTMENT,

SPRING PETROLEUM COMPANY

1/12 SHELL ROAD,

FINIMA,BONNY ISLAND,

RIVERS STATE,NIGERIA.

TEL. 07059604426

Re: Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 24, 2013
This ȋ̝̊̅§ pure scam,,dey ve done it with addax petroleum before,,just ignore them!God help us all
Re: Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum by Samneer: 9:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
I also got the same kinda mail around Feb this year!
scammers they are
Re: Suspected Scam Job Letter Offer From Spring Petroleum by Yeahreen(m): 8:37am On Oct 20, 2014
This i really sad. i also just got this emailthis mornin. so sad to know pple wld go thru dis stress to scam pple.
"24 Shell Road,
Finima,Bonny Island,
Rivers State.
Help Line: 07038682408

17th October , 2014

Dear ************ *******

We refer to your earlier forwarded application for recently advertised job placement.we have properly examined your cv/resume, by our highly esteemed team of professionals, and we are able to access your credibility and potential by our official recruitment consultants.

In all cases, entry-level job applicants are subjected to a standardized documentation test and only those who pass through our documentation test are given the job.

Since you are one of the candidate shortlisted for the training program it is required that any candidate coming to work with us is legally and officially cleared by the companies safety department.
As a result of this you are required to provide the copies of the below requirement on or before 24th of October,2014.

REQUIREMENTS FOR DOCUMENTATION TEST

1. Photocopies of Academic Certificate.
2. HSE Competent 3 Certificate .
3. NEBOSH General Certificate.

All the above requirements must be submitted to the below company address in person or through courier.

CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY
24 Shell Road,
Finima,Bonny Island,
Rivers State.

ABOUT THE PROGRAMME

The CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY training programme will last for 6months ,the training programme will be academically challenging and intensive with many practical assignments and evening work. Continuous assessment and appraisals of trainees will take place during the period of training.

The programme is divided into four disciplines as follows:

1. Electrical/Operations (Ref. ELECT.1)
2. Mechanical/Operations (Ref. MECH.2)
3. Instrumentation/Operations (Ref. INSTR.3)
4. Accounting (Ref.ACCT.4)

The CP/2 programme is City and Guild accredited, and on successful completion graduands shall be awarded the City and Guild of London Institute Certificate, in addition to the CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY Certificate of attendance.

TRAINEE NUMBER

Your assigned trainee number for the 2014 CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY training programme is RS19011.

ACCREDITTED SAFETY CENTERS

Below are some of our accreditted safety center for offline training.
1. NIGERIA INSTITUTE OF SAFETY PROFESSIONALS
2. OSHA ACADEMY NIGERIA

To apply for an online or Cover-up certificate .
PERFECT INNOVATIONS- Website : http://perfectinnovations.site40.net/

SALARY /BENEFIT

As per the company policy, you'll be eligible to receive the following beginning on your hire date/resumption date.

Salary: Monthly starting salary of N300,000(Three hundred thousand naira monthly)
Training Bonus: N30,000 (Thirty thousand naira monthly).
Accommodation: CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY provides free accommodation to all trainees/employee.

Complete details will be found in the appointment letter to be sent to you on confirmation of your documents.

RESUMPTION DATE

The resumption date for the CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY training program is on the 24th of November, 2014.

EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS

After the submission and confirmation of all the above listed documents, Your Duties And Responsibility ( Job Profile ) Will be handed Over To You along With The hard copy Of Your Appointment Letter via dhl courier service to all the confirmed candidates. So ensure you submit all the listed requirements are submitted before the deadline as failure will result to cancellation of appointment.

If you need any clarification or any help dont hesitate to contact us at the below contact details

CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY
24 Shell Road,
Finima,Bonny Island,
Rivers State.

We at CONOCO PHILLIPS OIL COMPANY hope that you'll accept this job offer and look forward to welcoming you aboard.

Sincerely,

David Babatunde
Hiring Coordinator, Human Resources.
Conoco Phillips Oil Company.''

(1) (Reply)

SHOPRITE RECRUITS IN ONITSHA / Log In To Write N-power Creative Assessment Test If You Receive The Link Via SMS / Rovedana Limited Job Recruitment (9 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.