Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,410 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:12 AM

The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. (2321 Views)

4 Guys Dated This Lady And Died After Leaving Her / !! I Caught My Best Friend Having Sex With My Wife In The Kitchen!! / Husbands In The Kitchen- What's Your Take? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 9:54pm On May 26, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

So don't worry, even when we leave the kitchen, the universe is safe.

Epic! Lol!!

2 Likes

Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 10:06pm On May 26, 2013
Blackteeth:
Not just time. THEY CANT MARRY A POOR MAN. These category of single ladies are accumulating wealth for themselves alone which a young man in that position would have used to lift an unemployed lady out of poverty, start a family and take care of even the extended family in his village. Plus clearing the pressure off his shoulders for being a man of failure that the society would say.
Honestly, if we let go of pride, pretence and what have you, we all know that this guy is making a very vital point that's affecting the Nigerian society.

He made a very crucial and valid point! And yes, I have to confess that we have once hired a guy just becos of this logical reasoning.

Both the guy and the girl merited the post, but men, I mean men that matters and not boys raised this issue which is just similar to what this guy is talking about.

Honestly, I give you a thumb up @BlackTeeth. I love people who write out of intelligent reasoning.

How I wished others could see the truth in what you are saying.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 7:04am On May 28, 2013
Well no matter how much I get to understand the point, i just see sexism as the theme, women staying in the kitchen,sorry but this will be hard to make me understand, Education has been a core in my family, and frankly all the females in my family impress and motivate ranging from a first class doctor, to banker, economist, and former banker but now a school owner and lecturer. and they are all happily married. i'd like to get your point honestly, but sorry i can't. You actually don't know why these people are single, its easy to assume because of their success, or then again maybe its become of the men with complex, or then again maybe they have an attitude. but frankly i don't care, i love anyone who is at his game professionally female/male, even if its a monkey with a pHD certificate, i 'd respect that too. Affirmative action is here to stay. So i guess it all boils down to individual choice, Work or don't work, but i don't see how taking a decision should may another party happy sounds like a complex to me. I've met female experts who I'd admire even one Chinese Programmer who mentors me here, i wud be disappointed if she became a lady in the kitchen just to please someone. we need more brain i find it extremely scary when we are in a situation of a BRAIN-DRAIN like this, and people still want others to be in the kitchen. in-case you haven't noticed Nigeria is gradually losing it brainies to other countries,cause. for every female who was once an expert that retired to the kitchen is contributing to it, and this post is trying to stimulate such. that's my honest and final take on it. frankly I hope no one should take this serious but i commend your insight on it regardless. caio (forgive the bad English, alcohol doesn't mix well with intelligence).
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Blackteeth(m): 12:17am On May 29, 2013
pc guru: Well no matter how much I get to understand the point, i just see sexism as the theme, women staying in the kitchen,sorry but this will be hard to make me understand, Education has been a core in my family, and frankly all the females in my family impress and motivate ranging from a first class doctor, to banker, economist, and former banker but now a school owner and lecturer. and they are all happily married. i'd like to get your point honestly, but sorry i can't. You actually don't know why these people are single, its easy to assume because of their success, or then again maybe its become of the men with complex, or then again maybe they have an attitude. but frankly i don't care, i love anyone who is at his game professionally female/male, even if its a monkey with a pHD certificate, i 'd respect that too. Affirmative action is here to stay. So i guess it all boils down to individual choice, Work or don't work, but i don't see how taking a decision should may another party happy sounds like a complex to me. I've met female experts who I'd admire even one Chinese Programmer who mentors me here, i wud be disappointed if she became a lady in the kitchen just to please someone. we need more brain i find it extremely scary when we are in a situation of a BRAIN-DRAIN like this, and people still want others to be in the kitchen. in-case you haven't noticed Nigeria is gradually losing it brainies to other countries,cause. for every female who was once an expert that retired to the kitchen is contributing to it, and this post is trying to stimulate such. that's my honest and final take on it. frankly I hope no one should take this serious but i commend your insight on it regardless. caio (forgive the bad English, alcohol doesn't mix well with intelligence).

I hope you have it in mind that I said that this thought of mine is applicable only in a place like Nigeria. My opinion would be absolute crap if I export it to a place like the united states or in europe because it is a different ball game over there. In America, ladies do not discriminate unemployed and employed guys. A working class lady over there can easily pair up with an unemployed guy and support him till whenever the guy finds his feet. Men and women support each other over there. The society is better off this way. In this case it doesnt matter whether ladies consitute 90% of the workforce.
Here in Nigeria, its a different situation entirely, employed men are suppporting unemployed ladies, but employed ladies will NEVER or RARELY want to support an unemployed guy. This pattern isnt right for a functional society at all. Its more important to fix this imbalance before you start talking of BRAIN DRAIN. Believe me bro, the impact of this hidden problem will get bigger if more ladies get to the top spots and are unwilling to pair up and support a guy who is out of work. Am not against NIGERIAN ladies excelling in the workforce, but the problem is their atitude towards unemployed guys. If they cant reconsider their stance towards unemployed guys then should stay away from these employment positions for men to occupy and stabilize things in society.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 6:38am On May 29, 2013
That,s because most women were taught to be materialistic,selfish, though i know few help, but deep down when i ask them they,d rather not help and if they do its because of a payback or possibly marriage. Besides there,s no romance without finance. Countless times i hear babes talk to me bout dating, the common theme is always money,car. I pity this generation.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by lolaluv1(f): 8:07am On May 29, 2013
^^
Great guy! Guru!!
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 9:57am On May 29, 2013
pc guru: That,s because most women were taught to be materialistic,selfish, though i know few help, but deep down when i ask them they,d rather not help and if they do its because of a payback or possibly marriage. Besides there,s no romance without finance. Countless times i hear babes talk to me bout dating, the common theme is always money,car. I pity this generation.
you made vital points in your previous posts, but if we look at the case this guy (BlackTeeth) raised here, he has good and solid points, even though they can never be implemented cos the world has already go wild, and women won't ever wanna hear this, but still, if you study his proposition very well, he is indirectly fighting for women, for their respect and happiness.

Yesterday, some very cute single girls working with Oando Oil (sales reps) came to my office, they should be in their 26 to 30 at most, very cute, bright and smart but all two of em are single.

We jokingly chatted about singlehood, let's skip that. What am I trying to say? These ladies were like saying- where are the single guys, imagine, they are all earning big, and one have a driver, the other drives herself and still single, why

Most are waiting on Mr. Right. And who is their Mr. Right?

A guy earning way above what they are earning, and in better position, and becos of the gender equality and unequal growth in job openings, we have very few of those kind of guys they dream to marry because most of the guys are unemployed or under-employed, and these working class single ladies I used as reference, who are of course earning big income aren't ready to come down low to marry a guy who isn't earning as big as they are presently earning.

But like BlackTeeth is trying to let us know, if they were guys, you and I know that they wouldn't mind even going to their remote villages to pick up a girl to clean up and marry.

So to say, it is not as if the girls are bad, nope, but that's the nature of women, that's how they are created, only very few do compromise their status and go low, but majority don't and that's why nature made it that man should be in a better position and then uplift a woman, but man himself has created this problem through gender equality and over women empowerment without considering the consequences.

But since it has ended up like this, what I would advice the single ladies working and earning good income out there, is to bring themselves down and find a good guy who has potential and work with him than waiting for the few guys earning big, who are of course popular demand.

Such guys know they are popular demand, and reason you see them messing around with ladies, so ladies be wise, be realistic, the world has changed, you ladies are now working and earning big like guys too, so stop thinking that he must be richer than you before u would marry him cos its rare to find....with more and more guys graduating daily without good job.

Just my opinion anyway. Let's always try to be realistic and honest, and not pretend all the time. Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by slymm(f): 12:13pm On May 29, 2013
@OP, I think I get what you are saying or maybe not. Are you saying that because nigerian women will not marry unemployed men, that they should leave the vacancies for the men and return to the Kitchen? If that is what you are saying, it is as the second poster said....Crap!! Get with the programme, this is 20w2. Only a foolish woman will sit back at home, spread like butter all over thhe house and wait for a husband to meet her every financial need just so she cooks, cleans and make sure the kids are wwell brought up. Sexism is a bad trait to have. Reject it.

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 12:21pm On May 29, 2013
I like me a working, educated woman. We can relate better.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 29, 2013
Since those men r not competent maybe they shud enter the kitchen instead undecided

1 Like

Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Blackteeth(m): 3:51pm On May 29, 2013
DailyNews: you made vital points in your previous posts, but if we look at the case this guy (BlackTeeth) raised here, he has good and solid points, even though they can never be implemented cos the world has already go wild, and women won't ever wanna hear this, but still, if you study his proposition very well, he is indirectly fighting for women, for their respect and happiness.

Yesterday, some very cute single girls working with Oando Oil (sales reps) came to my office, they should be in their 26 to 30 at most, very cute, bright and smart but all two of em are single.

We jokingly chatted about singlehood, let's skip that. What am I trying to say? These ladies were like saying- where are the single guys, imagine, they are all earning big, and one have a driver, the other drives herself and still single, why

A guy earning way above what they are earning, and in better position, and becos of the gender equality and unequal growth in job openings, we have very few of those kind of guys they dream to marry because most of the guys are unemployed or under-employed, and these working class single ladies I used as reference, who are of course earning big income aren't ready to come down low to marry a guy who isn't earning as big as they are presently earning.

But like BlackTeeth is trying to let us know, if they were guys, you and I know that they wouldn't mind even going to their remote villages to pick up a girl to clean up and marry.

So to say, it is not as if the girls are bad, nope, but that's the nature of women, that's how they are created, only very few do compromise their status and go low, but majority don't and that's why nature made it that man should be in a better position and then uplift a woman, but man himself has created this problem through gender equality and over women empowerment without considering the consequences.

But since it has ended up like this, what I would advice the single ladies working and earning good income out there, is to bring themselves down and find a good guy who has potential and work with him than waiting for the few guys earning big, who are of course popular demand.

Such guys know they are popular demand, and reason you see them messing around with ladies, so ladies be wise, be realistic, the world has changed, you ladies are now working and earning big like guys too, so stop thinking that he must be richer than you before u would marry him cos its rare to find....with more and more guys graduating daily without good job.

Just my opinion anyway. Let's always try to be realistic and honest, and not pretend all the time. Peace.

The only understanding person so far.
Thank you for helping out with the explanation. You understood the details thoroughly.

slymm: @OP, I think I get what you are saying or maybe not. Are you saying that because nigerian women will not marry unemployed men, that they should leave the vacancies for the men and return to the Kitchen? If that is what you are saying, it is as the second poster said....Crap!! Get with the programme, this is 20w2. Only a foolish woman will sit back at home, spread like butter all over thhe house and wait for a husband to meet her every financial need just so she cooks, cleans and make sure the kids are wwell brought up. Sexism is a bad trait to have. Reject it.

I wouldnt bother myself with any female poster here cos I know I would be wasting my time.
Besides, I dont mean to use that "kitchen" word in the thread title cos I know its harsh. I only used it to draw attention to the thread. Am not saying you should stay in the kitchen entirely. My opinion is as long as our ladies who occupy top positions discriminate against unemployed guys, our society will be better off if ladies leave the top positions and go for minor occupations or develop skills and businesses of their own enough to support themselves and have time for their families too. The reason for this has been repeated severaly. Read the post made by the poster Dailynews quoted above.
I dont hate women or whatever you think. Just that some problems needs drastic measures at times.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Sanboy25: 3:56pm On May 29, 2013

Hum, as a female, I did understand the point you wanted to bring us to.
It's just the way you put things together that made people disagree
without even trying to understand where you wanted to go.
DailyNews made a better job than you on that point.
Anyway have a good day my dear.
I can now 'unfollow' in peace. smiley
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 6:51pm On May 29, 2013
DailyNews: you made vital points in your previous posts, but if we look at the case this guy (BlackTeeth) raised here, he has good and solid points, even though they can never be implemented cos the world has already go wild, and women won't ever wanna hear this, but still, if you study his proposition very well, he is indirectly fighting for women, for their respect and happiness.

It's just recently i understood his point which is why i made mention of pitying this generation. Back then we were wealthy to some point that i cud afford to do things, but after some things happen, well the only thing i can say that keeps my family together is because despite the outcome, we are still happy. but you see today's generation has been imbibed with that notion that money equals happiness. whats to say that the "Mr Right" loses everything, will the wife divorce him, though i suspect most will. To be realistic am not sure any lady would marry such, also what most people don't know is that being underpaid doesn't equal Poor. some careers don't pay much compared to others. anyway i pity this generation, am just glad am happen am grew around elderly people so such "hype,culture,delusions" do not apply to me. @dailyNews thanks for breaking it down. as for the Single ladies, oh well best of luck. wink
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 29, 2013
pc guru:
It's just recently i understood his point which is why i made mention of pitying this generation. Back then we were wealthy to some point that i cud afford to do things, but after some things happen, well the only thing i can say that keeps my family together is because despite the outcome, we are still happy. but you see today's generation has been imbibed with that notion that money equals happiness. whats to say that the "Mr Right" loses everything, will the wife divorce him, though i suspect most will. To be realistic am not sure any lady would marry such, also what most people don't know is that being underpaid doesn't equal Poor. some careers don't pay much compared to others. anyway i pity this generation, am just glad am happen am grew around elderly people so such "hype,culture,delusions" do not apply to me. @dailyNews thanks for breaking it down. as for the Single ladies, oh well best of luck. wink
Thank you pc guru, you write like an intelligent person, and I must commend you for that. I love people who don't just see every topic or discussion as an attack or as vane even without taking time to read the truth in what the writer is saying. Thank you once again.

Sanboy25:
Hum, as a female, I did understand the point you wanted to bring us to.
It's just the way you put things together that made people disagree
without even trying to understand where you wanted to go.
DailyNews made a better job than you on that point.
Anyway have a good day my dear.
I can now 'unfollow' in peace. smiley
Thanks, I am glad we all can now understand his point instead of trying to condemn and crucify him unnecessarily. Have a wonderful night rest.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 29, 2013
Blackteeth:
The only understanding person so far.
Thank you for helping out with the explanation. You understood the details thoroughly.

I wouldnt bother myself with any female poster here cos I know I would be wasting my time.
Besides, I dont mean to use that "kitchen" word in the thread title cos I know its harsh. I only used it to draw attention to the thread. Am not saying you should stay in the kitchen entirely. My opinion is as long as our ladies who occupy top positions discriminate against unemployed guys, our society will be better off if ladies leave the top positions and go for minor occupations or develop skills and businesses of their own enough to support themselves and have time for their families too. The reason for this has been repeated severaly. Read the post made by the poster Dailynews quoted above.
I dont hate women or whatever you think. Just that some problems needs drastic measures at times.

From the very first time I read through your write-up, I knew you were only trying to proffer a solution...thanks for the intelligent article.
Re: The Consequences Of Women Leaving The Kitchen. by Nobody: 9:52pm On May 29, 2013
chai see all the gunshots in my post. shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Relationships Nowadays / My Best Friend Used My 17yrs Old Son As Sèx T0y - Mother Cries / Why I Think Guys Are The Epitome Of Confusion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.