Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:47 AM

Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids (47889 Views)

7 Names You Don't Want To Give Your Child In Nigeria / Share Beautiful Names You Will Gives To Your Kids When They Are Born! / What Are The Names You Cannot Give To Your Child? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:09pm On May 25, 2013
Why im I seeing all this English names for Africans? what a shame

3 Likes

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by searay(m): 2:11pm On May 25, 2013
I'll name the sons of my 6th wife Goodluck, Buhari, Atiku, OBJ. Oh God make them get money ooooo
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 25, 2013
Idowuogbo: Shakespeare, Othello, Macbeth, Oshodioke,Bebeidiomolabake,Baby-Showkey, Boniface,Ajasco etc...

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Super1759: 2:11pm On May 25, 2013
daviid_e: I just want 3kids grin 2 boys nd a gurl ..Melvin Max and Mercedes #shikena
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 25, 2013
firetrap:

I'm a Catholic and can tell you that the Catholic church now allows children to be baptised by their native names so ur free to choose whatever exotic name u see fit

yeah true. . . I was baptised with my native name. Along time ago
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:12pm On May 25, 2013
Jesusemen, Osadebamen, Ehimwantiowhanaiyo, Amenaghawonelesoriara, Enowonzewughe..

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 25, 2013
Nobody wants to name their children Junaidu, Jelili, and Musenduku.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by miketonic(m): 2:14pm On May 25, 2013
i will name my first son ASHAWO...i like that name, someone told me it mean love and prosperity
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:15pm On May 25, 2013
Ola Johnson: Nobody wants to name their children Junaidu, Jelili, and Musenduku.

Meaning?
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by oyin01(m): 2:15pm On May 25, 2013
Male: king and female;Queen
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Ifecoded(m): 2:16pm On May 25, 2013
my 1st born wil go by d name Oscar Mavin Awesome Oluwaferanmi Alani and 2nd born Frank Jesus Courage Oluwadamilare Akanmu and my last born Juan King Marvelous Ololade Alade. Dnt kum and date me cos of my kids names o. I dnt pray 4 a gel.I dnt need owo ori dowry.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Seeeeeeee: 2:17pm On May 25, 2013
I WILL NAME THEM IDARA JOSEPH UDOH (JNR 1), IDARA JOSEPH UDOH (JNR 2), IDARA JOSEPH UDOH (JNR 3).... ETC BECAUSE MY NAME IS IDARA JOSEPH UDOH ... THE NAME IDARA IS A UNISEX NAME MEANING JOY.... SO IT'S FOR BOTH MY MALE & FEMALE CHILDREN...

2 Likes

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nduking92(m): 2:17pm On May 25, 2013
na 3-1 i go give my wife.my boys names wil be Kamsiyochukwu,izukananne and akaolisa while my baby girl's name wil be Nkemakonam"my only sisters name"how about dat?

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:19pm On May 25, 2013
Also Isiah and Ezra
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by shanda(m): 2:21pm On May 25, 2013
Eniobanke - beloved of the king

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by uvoh(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2013
Mehn see d obvious evidence of cultural imperialism. Pls o, has a law been pass by d senate that we must name our children with English or Foreign names. So all of a sudden our native names is not enough to christen our children? Smh
As for me an sticking to my culturally slanging beauties of names for my kid. I'll be taking from a rich pool of pleasant to d ear names in Isoko/Urhobo like: Kesiena, Tega, Uzezi, Ewomazeno, Tekena, Edafe, Eseoghene. Any of these names wud do for me.

6 Likes

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Jilo83(m): 2:23pm On May 25, 2013
I will like 2 have 4kids(a boy&3girls). I will give d boy all my names so he will be refer 2 as Junior though not d 1st born.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by daylae(m): 2:24pm On May 25, 2013
All twelve. . . jan to dec.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by ellagal(f): 2:24pm On May 25, 2013
1st boy wil b Jayden or Jordan,if its a gal she'l b named Janelle or Nissih
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 25, 2013
I ЩąЙ┼ F๏Цr KIđş.. ┼Щ๏ ß๏Yş ąЙđ ┼Щ๏ GąLş...

ЙąMєş ЩILL ßє

┼єcЙ๏
ђąrrY.
MąrY
đrєЩ..

Йą┼IVє ЙąMєş ЩILL ßє

ЦcђєЙЙą
đIrIcђI
cђIKą
ąMąrą
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by coolzeal(m): 2:25pm On May 25, 2013
i) Two boys and their names should be... Kelechi and Chima
ii) A girl and her name should be... Uloma or Oyinyechi

Just wanna have three kids only.
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by pleasantchi: 2:25pm On May 25, 2013
i wud like to have 2 sets of twin. ist a boy n a girl. pleasant n perculiar, igbo names are ositadinma n odiwonma and d 2nd set also a boy n a girl names are praise n pinnacle, while igbo names are omasirichuwkwu(masy) n omezuwo(mezu) .
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:25pm On May 25, 2013
Luke, Leia, and Anakin
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by ellagal(f): 2:29pm On May 25, 2013
[b][/b]
miketonic: i will name my first son ASHAWO...i like that name, someone told me it mean love and prosperity
. Dats so funny!!pls dnt
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by alphaconde(m): 2:30pm On May 25, 2013
Aunty nurse: Jesusemen, Osadebamen, Ehimwantiowhanaiyo, Amenaghawonelesoriara, Enowonzewughe..

U sure an edo, can u help phase out these long edo names. U can set out to be creative and make dem shorter, can u?
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by supaeagles(m): 2:32pm On May 25, 2013
mysticgal: I love this names like white,my firstborn a boy would bear henry chukwuemeka ...ladida,secondborn a gal...yollanda chioma or chukwunato....ladida,thirdborn a boy....maurice chiemere or chinecherem..ladida,fourthborn a gal ressonance or alicejasmine chukwubuso or chinagorom....ladida,i hope i spelt the names well ..... and my kids would be fair,i like fair guyzsmileytongue
Well I hope you no black too much or you fit spoil the whole equation !!

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 25, 2013
The native names for girls I like
Yoruba - Tolulope
Ibo -Kamarasisochukwu or Chimamanda
Hausa - Zainab
Ogoni - Barikpena or BariNedum
Efik - Asari
Tiv - Laadi
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:35pm On May 25, 2013
The Writer: Luke, Leia, and Anakin

Luke huh? Love that name
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by toshmann(m): 2:36pm On May 25, 2013
First son will be Julius Caesar
Second son King Henry VIII
First Daughter will be Cleopatra
Second Daughter will be Malabress

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by aweaweawe: 2:38pm On May 25, 2013
Agbolahan josh for male

Misarat luara for female
Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by supaeagles(m): 2:38pm On May 25, 2013
miketonic: i will name my first son ASHAWO...i like that name, someone told me it mean love and prosperity
Well in a way that is correct.....ashawo is an act of love making and if you serve rich clientele then you will be relatively prosperous .

1 Like

Re: Names You Would Like To Call Your Kids by Nobody: 2:39pm On May 25, 2013
Son: Islam
Daughter: Africa

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

She Built A House In Lagos Without Informing Her Husband / My New Wife Hates My Family Without Provocation / Photos Of 6 Girls Who Lost Their Parents Under 1 Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.