Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,062 members, 7,835,596 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election (2466 Views)

Ex-Adamawa Governor, Murtala Nyako's Son Wanted By EFCC / BREAKING: Governor Murtala Nyako Impeached by Adamawa House of Assembly / PDP's Murtala Nyako Wins Adamawa Governorship Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by saddik(m): 4:13pm On Apr 27, 2008
Finally Atiku will bury his face in shame.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by mankevo(m): 4:19pm On Apr 27, 2008
is the official result out? update pls!!
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by saddik(m): 4:24pm On Apr 27, 2008
A friend told me dat it was officially announced on AIT, confirm pls.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 4:53pm On Apr 27, 2008
yup! announced on AIT

AC 201,767
LP 7,360
PDP 361,729

not the landslide PDP expected but certainly a good showing.
the number of voided votes was 'alarming' as AIT put it (about 100,000!!!) but explanations should be coming soon from INEC.
in the other Adamawa thread i tried to write what an INEC official told me was the reason, i'll copy and paste here.

but i'm glad. PDP deserved the win hands down.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by stanech: 5:03pm On Apr 27, 2008
saddik:

Na today he start to dey shame ? Ac is not winning it at all.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 9:08pm On Apr 27, 2008
but is the reasons for the voided votes genuine reasons tho,
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 11:02pm On Apr 27, 2008
lucabrasi:

but is the reasons for the voided votes genuine reasons tho,

i dont know if its genuine but thats the story INEC seems to be sticking to.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by 4Him1(m): 1:05am On Apr 28, 2008
his 4 wives will be back to provide more comedy again.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 1:28am On Apr 28, 2008
4 Him:

his 4 wives will be back to provide more comedy again.

i really doubt it. it was AC that kept pushing all the 'comedy' becoz they hoped to damage his reputation. now that they have lost, they'll be gone until the next election.
contrary to what u may think, 1st ladyship in the north for many governors is not smooth sailing. the wives always want to be on top of the other and thats y the adamawa incident was weird. it never makes newspapers, certainly not the way it did in this case.
AC desperation at its best.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by anonimi: 7:31am On Apr 28, 2008
zillaxy:

now that they have lost, they'll be gone until the next election.

do you know the role of a vibrant opposition in any worthwhile democracy
going dormant till the next elections is a recipe for something close to autocracy and makes elections and democracy in naija a sham.
we need to make progress somehow and having credible opposition as AC is trying to do at the national level should be encouraged.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 10:39am On Apr 28, 2008
i dont see ac going anywhere at all,rather i think they will be a vibrant opposition like they have been so far and will keep nyako on his toes,its very well that he has won the elections and has beaten ac but he should do the right thing because more often that not most of them are all the same thing
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 1:26pm On Apr 28, 2008
anonimi:

do you know the role of a vibrant opposition in any worthwhile democracy
going dormant till the next elections is a recipe for something close to autocracy and makes elections and democracy in naija a sham.
we need to make progress somehow and having credible opposition as AC is trying to do at the national level should be encouraged.
lucabrasi:

i don't see ac going anywhere at all,rather i think they will be a vibrant opposition like they have been so far and will keep nyako on his toes,its very well that he has won the elections and has beaten ac but he should do the right thing because more often that not most of them are all the same thing

thats what i was telling my sister yesterday. having said that unfortunately that concept is not understood by politicians in Nigeria.

the reality is that if the parties dont win, they disappear. try ANPP during the first 8 years of democrasy.
worst of all, rather than being a good opposition that relates FACTS to the people, they make up unsubstanciated lies about the politicians' PERSONAL lives or dish out petty insults. they never say, u shouldn't have done this period, instead it becomes a war as to who was worse during their administration. its such a shame. we already saw that in the first Nyako period. 'we were not this bad when we were in office' or 'u were a lot worse than we are '.

its time they realised its not about them but about we the people of Adamawa. unfortunately i dont think most of the bigwigs even live in Adamawa. only the ANPP candidate but he never says anything at all.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 4:03pm On Apr 28, 2008
yes you are right,but lets face it ac are the only vibrant opposition in nigeria,anpp as a party are a house divided against itself and are in dissaray,even if ac dish out insults and all that u know they will still keep nyako on his toes so that he doesnt get too comfortable, i honestly dont see ac dissappearing,atiku has a bruised ego and the rest of them but common lets be real dyu realli think that will make him resign or keep quiet?no man
look at ibb when obj disgraced him publicly, he is still in pdp,having said that even you youths or young people in adamawa are not doing enough t put pressure on them,thats the same thing i told my friends from there, the face of nigerian politics is changing theres no money bag adedibu politics anymore adamawa has shown that voters both literate and illeterate are watching your achievements and anybody that tries to snatch their votes will be given jungle justice, nobody is ready to fight anymore, look at lagos state, the man is ac but he is getting compliments mainly from pdp
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2008
u have to remember this is nigeria we are talking about. northern nigeria for that matter.

what can u reasonably expect us the youth to do? majority are jobless hence penniless and a very large number are uneducated. even though some complain they have no idea what can be done to make things better. we will definitely try and do our parts but in the current climate there is really little we can do. but we will try. ur right our voters are very aware but police brutality can subdue even the hardest.

but we will fight our fight when the time is right. lets just wait and see what Nyako achieves (or doesnt achieve) before we sharpen our claws.

let time tell with AC, we will be watching what they do.
but watching PDP a lot closer of course.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 7:44pm On Apr 28, 2008
well if you ask me,ill say start with the same thing we are doing in lagos which is register your presence as youths who demand a change by setting up a sort of charity /pressure group,its not as labour or capital intensive as you think, involve as much progressive and eminent indigenes as you can if your parents/guardians are there seek for their help in approaching as many eminent people as you can, when they see what you gys are doing trust me most politicians like cheap publicity and identifying with anything good,they will not ignore you and also do not compromise,make your voice heard and call on anyone who is not representing you, if adamawa can allow a yoruba woman to be a senator even though there are allegations of inec magic i believe they have an electoral maturity that is still lacking in most states in nigeria.

i believe the problem with us is that we all complain and leave it in the hands of these guys and we do nothing to change the status quo,both bapetel or nyako are one and the same thing as they are both politicians, look at what bankole at 37 is achieving where the old guard have failed, personally im doing the same in lagos and my home state and going to nigeria again this year to continue,if we dont do anything and things get worse we cant blame anybody because these guys too started taking charge aroung the ages we are now
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 10:25pm On Apr 28, 2008
i wish we could take credit for Bent but i dont think we can.
people didnt know she was yoruba until after the election and also the PDP machine helped her big time.
actually come to think of it the senetorial zone is quite liberal - southern zone. its quite possible she won it despite her tribe (hum, who knows)

i dint know that guy was only 37 wow! and a state like lagos too. well done to him. can i ask what his achieving, i've lost touch with lagos politics since moving away.

we are definitely thinkin of ways to impact lives thru grassroot action and mobilisation, but we find lack of education to be a big hindrance. its not goin to stop us though.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 11:32pm On Apr 28, 2008
yes,bankole the new lower house of reps speaker is 37
zillaxy:

i wish we could take credit for Bent but i don't think we can.
people didnt know she was yoruba until after the election and also the PDP machine helped her big time.
actually come to think of it the senetorial zone is quite liberal - southern zone. its quite possible she won it despite her tribe (hum, who knows)

i dint know that guy was only 37 wow! and a state like lagos too. well done to him. can i ask what his achieving, i've lost touch with lagos politics since moving away.

we are definitely thinkin of ways to impact lives through grassroot action and mobilisation, but we find lack of education to be a big hindrance. its not goin to stop us though.

r u kidding me??so no one knew she was yoruba till she won lol, heard adamawa is liberal compared to most northern states tho think its about 55% christian right?

the lagos state gov is fashola and he is doing a whole lot, there is the free trade zone he is doing,the brt transport sort of similar to the london red bus system with seperate lanes,he has done a lot of roads,i cant list everything on here but ask anyone and they ll tell u he is in the top 3 performing governors in nigeria if not the best,

definitely impacting lives through grassroots action and mobilisation is the best way to go about it,and as for education,why dont you start from there?what we did is a mentorship programme and we r trying to organise some youngsters at the moment for a pilot programme because of funds at least see them through secondary school and hopefully university or a trade whicever they want side by side with that is voter education because they can come in a package if u start with only ten youngsters believe me you r doing a lot,i used to go to nigeria gojgn clubbn n gettn drunk ,women e.t.c and since we v started this with some friends from here and naij i v felt more fulfilled that going clubbn everyday man
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by anonimi: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2008
many thanks lucabrasi for your engagement and encouragement to others. i will only add that you should also consider vocational schools for those who can't complete secondary school and/or cannot make it to the uni.
@zillaxy,

education, including on civic rights and responsibility is a small way to start.

God bless.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by otokx(m): 2:24pm On Apr 29, 2008
so after all the noise making AC could not win Adamawa?
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 5:16pm On Apr 29, 2008
anonimi:

many thanks lucabrasi for your engagement and encouragement to others. i will only add that you should also consider vocational schools for those who can't complete secondary school and/or cannot make it to the uni.
@zillaxy,

education, including on civic rights and responsibility is a small way to start.

God bless.

no worries my bruva,true but from the research and the brain storming me and my team did,we thought its better that they have at least a basic secondary education so that they can keep their records,do money calculations e.t.c even if they are in a vocation and i just feel like we young men should make our presence known after all our university education both in nigeria and abroad and the exposure abroad and these people will not be that over confident in their actions, what are we afraid of??
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by Eziachi: 3:19pm On May 01, 2008
For the fact that Maurice Iwu, Nigeria police and INEC managed to award over 200 thousand votes to AC, means that AC could had won that election with more than 30% of the vote.

In PDP/INEC elections in Nigeria, it is a fact that every 18 votes for PDP always translates to 18000 in the end at the INEC office.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 10:06pm On May 01, 2008
Eziachi:

For the fact that Maurice Iwu, Nigeria police and INEC managed to award over 200 thousand votes to AC, means that AC could had won that election with more than 30% of the vote.

[s]In PDP/INEC elections in Nigeria, it is a fact that every 18 votes for PDP always translates to 18000 in the end at the INEC office.[/s]

please can u explain the first part a bit clearer? how would AC have won the elction? all bodies INCLUDING the international observers present agreed that the elections where the fairest in recent times. y do people keep making excuses for an unpopular party?

they lost fair and square just accept it. people prefered the PDP in this case. did u see the crowd for Nyako re-swearing in? it said it all. he's VERY popular in the state.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 2:35pm On May 03, 2008
PDP Rigged Adamawa By - Election, Says Atiku

Accuses INEC Of Awarding 30,000 Votes In Each Of The 21 Local Councils To PDP

Wants Opposition Parties To Unite Against PDP
FORMER Vice President Atiku Abubakar has described the re-run Adamawa governorship election last Saturday as a 'cruel joke' and advised other opposition parties not to participate in any re-run election against the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the country.

For the Action Congress's presidential candidate, "the re-run election is a waste of time. The votes of Nigerians do not matter anymore, as far as PDP is concerned. They just write figures. If you look at the way the figures were written, they were very similar to the last presidential election."

Atiku, in an exclusive interview with The Guardian denied ever expressing satisfaction with the election, but commended the Independent Electoral Commission (INEC) for the processes, which allowed political parties to inspect the ballot papers before distribution.

According to him: "If you study my statement very carefully, I referred to the pre-election processes. I want to be frank here; we insisted that INEC must comply with pre-election processes. We insisted on sighting ballot papers, which we were allowed to do. We insisted on the ballot papers having serial numbers, which they had. And we insisted that ballot distribution should be made in the presence of all political parties, which was done.

"These are all pre-election arrangements. What happens on an election day is a different thing. So, people must differentiate the pre-election processes from the election itself."

Giving insight into how the PDP was able to garner more votes than AC, he said: "The INEC, in fact, credited to PDP across the board in each of the 21 local councils 30,000 votes. They skewed the AC position in such a way that it took even myself five minutes to identify where AC logo was and the space for my fingerprint. "We normally use our right hand to thumbprint but in the case of the AC, they put it on the left. Opposite the AC was MRDD, which is where your right hand is.

"At the end of the day, we had over 126,000 invalid votes because voters were just printing on the right. PDP did not have that problem. PDP was on the right and the space for thumb printing was also on the right.

"That was why there was no collation. What we saw the following morning when people were supposed to come from the local governments with collated results was that they closed the collation centres and said they were not taking results. That morning, we only saw them announcing results.

"So, what took place between when they were supposed to collate results and announcement of results is not known. In fact, we were arguing with INEC officials on Saturday night that the 126,000 invalidated votes were our own votes and must be credited to us. But they were demanding money.

"My personalview about what happened in Adamawa re-run election is that no other political party should take part in any re-run or by-election against PDP in this country".

He Continued: "You will never have a level playing field and you will never have a free and fair election. It is either state agencies and instruments are used to steal the election or electoral officers are bought and corrupted to deliver victory to the PDP.

"In two local councils Madagali and Michika, they gave AC exactly the same figures, which is not possible.

"I have never lost Jada, my local council in my political career. They said I lost. I have never lost my ward, Jada 1. They said I lost. From our own agents, we won Jada I with a clear margin. But by their own accounts, we lost Jada I. This is PDP for you.

"I knew we had lost the Adamawa election by Saturday night. I know what happened. The results we were getting from our agents were not the ones INEC was using. They were in a hotel and wrote their result and in the morning came and announced

source;www.nigeriamasterweb.com/guardian
not holding brief for atiku ,just posting the update
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 4:53pm On May 03, 2008
i just searched for the results by LGAs but can't find it any more. i'd seen it on nigeriaworld.com
as a good objective citizen of Adamawa state, i now declare all the voided votes to be AC votes. lol.
201767 + 126000 = 327767. they won the elction! oh wait, PDP had 361,729? ow AC tough luck. u still lost anyway.

however, came across this article. the elections intrigues and tactics get more and more bizzarre.

Adamawa: Maimangoro and his battle with AC

Murtala NyakoThe usual intigues that politics in Adamawa State is noted for, again, played out between the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Action Congress (AC) in last Saturday’s re-run governorship election, writes Acting Group Politics Editor, Idowu Samuel.

Politics of Adamawa State has always evoked strong passion, given the manner the players attend to it. The state’s politics is played also with overwhelming intrigue, the kind of which has made the ordinary politician in the state the most alert and most informed. The people of Adamawa State demonstrated much of the political intrigues and wizardry with the governorship re-run election which held last Saturday in the state.

The state governor, Admiral Murtala Nyako, was more at the receiving end of the political intrigue woven by the opposition parties to clip his chances of winning the re-run election. It was evident that Nyako had followers, so also was the Action Congress (AC) which paraded Ibrahim Bapetel as its governorship candidate. However, Nyako’s supporters devised an ingenious means of widening his popularity. In fondness of him, they nicknamed him maimangoro. There was a reason for that.

Nyako tends the largest mango orchard in the entire West African sub region. So prosperous was the mango orchard that he found it easy exporting the fruits to neighbouring African countries. And record says that South Africa happens to be the largest importer of mango from Yola. Prior to his advent in politics, Nyako had been a very successful farmer, so much so that his admires felt that his joining politics had been an anathema to the zeal he has had for farming.

Nyako’s supporters, thus, decided to make mango the symbol of their support for him. At campaign grounds, each of them would clutch a mango fruit and then begin to shout sai maimangoro. Initially, doing that was a big fun for supporters of the governor until they suddenly discovered that the opposition group had all along planned to turn it into a misfortune for the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

How? The use of mango as a symbol for Nyako’s support had hardly gained acceptability in the entire landscape of Adamawa State when those suspected to be AC die-hards began to move round and painstakingly educating voters that they should never forget to look for mango in the ballot papers and then thumb-print. They were doing so in disguise as PDP members. In the ballot papers designed by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), there were many political parties which symbols looked like mango fruit. Incidentally, most voters in Adamawa State could easily get confused due to their low level of enlightenment. PDP members suddenly found out that intriguing weapon and had to abandon the main campaign for Nyako to counter the perceived misinformation being peddled by their opponents. They moved round enough to educate their own members never to bother about looking for mango in the ballot papers, but umbrella which is a symbol of the PDP.

Incidentally, the PDP was to fight back in a jiffy. Having mastered the terrain of Adamawa, members also devised their own deadly intrigue. This time, they went to the local government areas which they were sure haboured the greatest numbers of the uneducated AC loyalists. Few days to the election and even on the election day, the PDP members encouraged these voters to stamp their thumbs on the right hand side of the ballot papers and in the column third from the top to cast their votes. Doing that would mean that the voters would ignorantly be voting for MRDD. The party, which did not present a governorship candidate for the re-run election, occupied the right hand slot being the third party from the top on the right hand side of the ballot papers. Funny enough, the treachery by the PDP supporters worked. It was only on the election day that the AC knew that it had been most viciously short-circuited. Even then, the AC did not come to that reality until the whistle was blown for end of voting.

By the time counting of votes started, the AC realised that it had the largest number of invalid votes. Indeed, the number of votes certified as invalid by the INEC almost totaled 40 per cent of the overall votes cast. It was part of the reason both the AC and its governorship candidate, Bapetel, declared the results of the election as announced by INEC unacceptable. In rejecting the election results, the AC governorship candidate alluded to the design of the ballot paper as one of the reasons. He said “in the election held yesterday, the INEC presented voters with a ballot paper that was clearly designed to put the AC in jeopardy. The ballot paper was designed in such a way that many voters who thought they were voting for the AC ended up printing on the edge of the slot of the MRDD, a party that had no candidate in the election.

“Besides, many of the snatched ballot papers were thumb-printed for the MRDD to create the impression that the election was decided by voided votes. These explained the unprecedented high number of invalidated votes in the election. Never in the history of elections in Nigeria had we such a great number of ballot papers returned as invalid.” Interestingly, the AC is not bracing up to go to court to once again challenge the result; neither has it given up the game as meant only for the PDP. As far as the opposition party was concerned, the battle had just begun. Before the election, the keen interest of the former vice president, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, had variously been brought into the front burner. Atiku too did not take the issue of the election lying low. He fought hard to establish a strong foothold in the politics of Adamawa State if only to make a big political statement. Weeks before the election, Atiku had pitched a camp in Yola from where he directed the operations of the AC for winning the election.

On the election day, Atiku told journalists that the election was not about him and the PDP, but about the AC and the PDP. It was a statement meant to exonerate him from the possible loss of the election by the AC. Even then the manner the AC lost the election was a telltale of what had gone wrong with the party both at the federal and Adamawa State levels. Before the governorship election, it was an open talk in Adamawa that Atiku, through the former governor of the state, Boni Haruna, never gave a good account of himself. Haruna ruled the state for eight years uninterrupted and left the people of Adamawa State to wonder what he had made of it. To the electorate, therefore, the transgression of Haruna could only be visited on Atiku, the godfather. Even, members of the AC seemed to have shared the view as they began to recount the reasons behind the party’s loss at the poll.

However, no member of the AC would agree that the end has come for Atiku in the contemporary politics of Nigeria and Adamawa State. Their consolation seems to lie in the ability of Atiku to retreat and fashion out a new beginning in his world of politics. His new beginning could then mark the beginning of another era in the politics of the state, all things being equal.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 5:30pm On May 03, 2008
@zillaxy
seems we r lookn at dis da totally wrong way,seems like u know more about adamawa politicians,lets post their negatives and then see who has the most negatives then we can now begin to see how far as it seems they both have things to say about the intrigues leading up to the election and culminating in d results
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 8:17pm On May 03, 2008
ok. fire away so i can see what u mean. what kind of comments etc. i dont want to start ranting. grin
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by Nobody: 11:05pm On May 03, 2008
you seem to be an anti atiku man,i still dont see the mathematics that makes. Atiku loose at home except the election was re-rigged
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 11:29pm On May 03, 2008
olrotimi:

you seem to be an anti atiku man,i still don't see the mathematics that makes. Atiku loose at home except the election was re-rigged

i see the pessimists are out in full effect.

believe anything that helps u sleep at night my friend. i'm sure Atiku does.
the simple fact is that AC did not win.
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by Nobody: 12:01am On May 04, 2008
well, dont be so sure my friend.THIS IS NIGERIA AND THAT WAS ADAMAWA. insulting political calculations, he even lost out in his ward.how logical?
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by lucabrasi(m): 4:21am On May 04, 2008
zillaxy:

ok. fire away so i can see what u mean. what kind of comments etc. i don't want to start ranting. grin

dont tell me u r having cold feet now man,u know more about adamawa than i do,all i ask is that u be objective and say both sides negatives i.e both ac,pdp and the rest as im sure they v all messed up for the state to be like that
cmmon now it seems kinda tho that atiku lost his ward,local government lol its like a james bond film

so,fire away and dont keep anything back,
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by Eziachi: 6:29pm On May 14, 2008
zillaxy:

please can u explain the first part a bit clearer? how would AC have won the elction? all bodies INCLUDING the international observers present agreed that the elections where the fairest in recent times. y do people keep making excuses for an unpopular party?

they lost fair and square just accept it. people prefered the PDP in this case. did u see the crowd for Nyako re-swearing in? it said it all. he's VERY popular in the state.

You seems to be political party minded, I am neither AC or PDP, I am only making a truthful observations. If Maurice Iwu/INEC are brave enough to award over 200k voteS to AC, it shows that AC could actually had won the election without rigging and malipulation of figures as always. INEC results in PDP wins are not knows to be always a close one, the difference winning figure and losing figures always miles apart. Like Yar Adua getting 27 million votes while his nearest challenger got just 7 million or 5 million. That is my point.

If you have personal issue with Atiku, as it seems, that is your cup of tea, as I don't see how election he wasn't a candidate has to do with him or his popularity, when his greatest nightmare in Maurice Iwu happens to be the referee again. Only a fool will believe that any party that Atiku belong to has any chance in hell to win when they are all out to settle scores with him from Marwa to Sen Zwingina, Senator Aminu, Bafyau etc, plus Maurice Iwu himself. Only a fool will believe that any party will win the so called cancelled election re-run when PDP/INEC are conductiing it.

It was like when Shehu Shagari, we were told beat Azikiwe in the old Anambra state during the 1983 election, which even a day old child will find laughable. In that same year NPN also claimed that they won Ondo and Oyo state against UPN. In your estimation, that is a measure of Zik and Awo in that elections?
Re: Murtala Nyako Wins Adamwa Election by zillaxy: 8:34pm On May 15, 2008
i dont know anything about the 1983 elections, i was not old enough to follow it.

i'm in the middle of my exams so can't write much but what i will say is that u sound like the fool here. sorry.

if u want a good response, do a bit (even the smallest bit) of research and then post some concrete facts. simply saying INEC rigged it becoz AC didnt win is not only a tired arguement but a ludacris proposition to boot. from what u say, i gather u believe the election would have been a lot more believable if INEC had infact rigged it and PDP had won a landslide? becoz the votes reflected that AC do have a substantial amount of supporters it means the PDP and INEC were brave enough to rig the polls?

AC contend they did infact lose the election but only becoz they were disadvantaged by the way the ballots were printed. they proclaimed that all the voided votes were theirs and talk above the unfairness of the elections through out the country. Yet, the judiciary loving party decided not to challenge the results for the lamest reasons.

the reason they did not win is not just becoz they are not popular with the 'bigwigs' in Adamawa but becoz they are very unpopular with the people. the only scores settled where between 'The People v Atiku and his Croonies' and the People won.

i have no party sentiments but certainly a strong anti-corruption sentiment and will not heap praise on or support someone who has shown disdain and total disregard for not just the people's will but their plight. If u start doing the same Nigeria would be a better place.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Senate Reviews Bill On Gunshot Victims / Division Of Nigeria (for Or Against?) : Vote Now! / Acn Rally In Jigawa With Ribadu, Fashola And Tinubu - See Crowd:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.