Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,568 members, 7,812,837 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe (39842 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 1:32pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED: ^
Whatever dude. I don't care about that stuff like you do, so go rant to someone else about it.

you are my brother? yes or no?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by pleep(m): 1:36pm On May 27, 2013
The mods are fuckin useless on this site...
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 1:36pm On May 27, 2013
pleep: The mods are fuckin useless on this site...

whats a mod and why are they useless? is mod another word for nigerian?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:01pm On May 27, 2013
This is hilarious! Just what I needed, a comic relief smiley
PhysicsQED: @ , I see that you actually liked AdoZazzau's "Fulani master race" post. I saw your username as the only username under the "viewing this topic" list, not long after he made that post, then soon after your name was on the viewing list, there was 1 like for his post. Are you a Yoruba Muslim from somewhere in Kwara who has heavy Fulani roots/ancestry or something? Or Did a Fulani man save your whole family? What's with this distorted perception of the Fulanis?

I don't have anything against the Fulanis, except for their seeming unwillingness to try to rein in and control the violent nomadic pastoralists among them, and I can certainly see how someone could be a fan of their unique culture or history. Now, if there were really such great evidence for the dubious claim this thread is centered around, I might actually accept it, and I think that some other people would as well, but so far, it seems like only you and the two Fulani posters on this thread actually believe the claim.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:03pm On May 27, 2013
Yeah, just as I will soon be Isoko when I write about Isokos praising their legacies...lol! Wonderful person you are grin
shymexx:

The chic is half-fulani and she has a fulani bf. Don't believe the hype on the internet.

Just as Isale_gan2 is Igbo but she has been claiming Yoruba for time. grin
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by somalia9: 2:07pm On May 27, 2013
my black brothers and sisters, accept me without prejudice cheesy
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:10pm On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Yeah, just as I will soon be Isoko when I write about Isokos praising their legacies...lol! Wonderful person you are grin

Your Yoruba-ness ought to be questioned, giving the dark history between the two groups. I don't need to be a psychic to know that you're not fully Yoruba based on my interactions with Yoruba people(and being one myself).

I reiterate; Fula people are non-entities...and the only group they influenced are probably the Hausa's(and that's questionable as well if you put into consideration how they achieved that feet). They were defeated by Nupe, Kanuri, a few other minority tribes in the middle belt, couldn't go near the Bini's, scared of Dahomey, defeat by Ibadan, and Ilorin was a case of betrayal.

Also, Mandika's lord over them in their own country on origin, despite the Fula being the majority tribe there. Take the power given to them by the Brits and jihad out, and they're probably the least-achieving tribe in Africa, to be honest.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 27, 2013
Listen my Somalia...... Why are you even commenting on this thread.?
And @ Cameroonpride, did a Fulani man snatch your bone or something...... The way you talk about us, is disturbing...... Whatever the case, we are still at least 10% of your country.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:11pm On May 27, 2013
somalia9: my black brothers and sisters, accept me without prejudice cheesy

Sod off!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by PhysicsQED(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: This is hilarious! Just what I needed, a comic relief smiley

But you did like the post. It's strange to see that you really agreed with what he wrote, but of course you're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how bizarre it may seem to others.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 27, 2013
[quote author=shymexx]

I reiterate; Fula people are non-entities...and the only group they influenced are probably the Hausa's(and that's questionable as well if you put into consideration how they achieved that feet)
They were defeated by Nupe, Kanuri, a few other minority tribes in the middle belt,

lol, where, when and how?

couldn't go near the Bini's, scared of Dahomey, defeat by Ibadan
Okay now, you need to stop making up fancy stories.

Also, Mandika's lord over them in their own country on origin, despite the Fula being the majority tribe there. Take the power given to them by the Brits and jihad out, and they're probably the least-achieving tribe in Africa, to be honest.

Okay, this is the height of Hallucination...

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:16pm On May 27, 2013
Stop your assumptions. It is not healthy. I am a writer, and I pick any topic that comes to mind. Now, it is left to you to draw any image of the writer in your mind. I am enjoying this anyway, shows how a vast majority of people turn their assumptions and generalizations about others into self-believing facts. Asking will be better than guessing. That said, I don't have much time today, goodluck (Jonathan). grin
shymexx:

Your Yoruba-ness ought to be questioned, giving the dark history between the two groups. I don't need to be a psychic to know that you're not fully Yoruba based on my interactions with Yoruba people(and being one myself).

I reiterate; Fula people are non-entities...and the only group they influenced are probably the Hausa's(and that's questionable as well if you put into consideration how they achieved that feet). They were defeated by Nupe, Kanuri, a few other minority tribes in the middle belt, couldn't go near the Bini's, scared of Dahomey, defeat by Ibadan, and Ilorin was a case of betrayal.

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:20pm On May 27, 2013
Yeah, I love you for that (although your assumption is interesting too cheesy). Opinions are free. It's a free world. What makes the world interesting is the diversity of ideas. For every single post I make, there are those who agree and disagree. It is the duality of life, the yin-yang of existence and a normal feature of nature. That said, just checking on you guys, gotta go now. Nice chatting abi na arguing with you all. grin
PhysicsQED:

But you did like the post. It's strange to see that you really agreed with what he wrote, but of course you're entitled to your own opinion, no matter how bizarre it may seem to others.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:22pm On May 27, 2013
Bororojo the cow jockey,

I told you to stop quoting my posts. Don't you have a cow to jock, or something?

Go read a book like physics said, and stick ya ding a dong in ya cow afterwards!!
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Stop your assumptions. It is not healthy. I am a writer, and I pick any topic that comes to mind. Now, it is left to you to draw any image of the writer in your mind. I am enjoying this anyway, shows how a vast majority of people turn their assumptions and generalizations about others into self-believing facts. Asking will be better than guessing. That said, I don't have much time today, goodluck (Jonathan). grin

I guess you're a fictional writer and it's better you stick to writing fictions. However, if you want to hang with the best, when it comes to African history, you need to write based on historical FACTS - and not jejune tales.

Only a Fula would label the non-achieving Fula tribe the most influential tribe in Africa. perhaps, you're one of the Yoruba fulani slaves in Ilorin. You betrayed your people and you've continued to su.ck Fulani's nuts since then. Stick to what you know, Africa is too big and has achieved too much, to be disrespected.

Also, the Fulani's are so influential yet they have a recessive culture. How come every time the Fulani culture comes in contact with other cultures; it dies straight-away? In Northern Nigeria - they lost their culture to the Hausa's. And in Ilorin, they have all been Yorubanised. Why is that? So much for an influential tribe looool.

Get a life, woman.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 2:40pm On May 27, 2013
CAMEROONPRIDE: ^^ dude you cant understand how these people destructed African culture.

@ topic last but not the least remove Cameroon in your talks...most of the fulani in Cameroon are of nigerian origin or at least have a Nigerian parent. you are not indigenous here.

Why are you venting like this, Cameroon? This is the truth, whether minority or not, Fulani ruled Cameroon; whether the language is Hausa or not, Fulani ruled Nigeria; whether Southerners are negilgent or not, Fulani dominates the politics of both countries. How can the Southereners of Cameroon and Nigeria continue to boast of academic superiority but yet remain negligent and uninformed that an academically backward minority rule and dominate over you? Look at our current President, an academically advanced fellow with phd, the worst performing in our history. He is more articulate in english language than any Fulani that has ruled this country but he is equally less competent in leadership qualities than even the worst of them. Dear Cameroon, give honor where its due.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 3:21pm On May 27, 2013
PhysicsQED:

^^
This is what excessive praise and undeserved hype does for some people who already have a distorted perception of things. The idea/claim of this thread is really too strange for me to bother addressing in detail, but I advise people who believe stuff like this above to simply pick up some books and get some real perspective.

The Fulanis were repeatedly defeated by states like Mali that surrounded their heartland. They were simply never a dominant force in their own wider home region until long after more powerful states had declined in power. Mali (the empire of the Mandinka people) was not really defeated by the Fula, but by a fellow Mande speaking group, the Bamana, and they were only bested by the Bamana after their power had declined from what it had been following numerous conflicts with other groups and internal conflicts. It's easy to claim to have bested a group such as the Mandinka that were more powerful than your own group, by referring to a conquest of a less powerful state (Bamana) that happened long after Mandinka power had already declined, but that doesn't mean anyone will actually believe the claim. The Wolof were conquered by the French. Or are the French now being claimed as Fulani too?

The claim on Benin is funny.grin Are you geographically challenged? Yoruba is and was not between the Fulani and Benin, so talk about being saved from the same fate as the Hausas because of that is silly. The Fulanis had a direct route south to Benin through Nupe, but they didn't attempt to conquer Benin itself after they (Fulanis) had gained control of Nupe, even though they had decades to try it (from 1836 onwards). Maybe they might have realized that their horsemen were generally useless in the rainforest area and especially against people armed with guns. Or maybe it was the fact that they were unable to conquer places in the Middle Belt area that were weaker than Benin so they couldn't even contemplate going further directly south. Or maybe it was both. Also, the conflict between Benin and the British that resulted in the conquest of Benin was fought almost entirely with guns (on both sides, although the British were much better equipped), as attested to by the British themselves, and Benin produced some of its own guns locally. The Fulani of the Sokoto Caliphate were still almost entirely using bows, arrows, swords and spears, even up to the time of their conquest by the British. If they had tried invading Benin, the Fulanis probably would have been shot dead off their horses while stumbling around stup1d and lost in the forests.

Mr PhysicsQED, You opened with this quote
This is what excessive praise and undeserved hype does for some people who already have a distorted perception of things.
and you finished with a lecture on Bini's much hyped and excessively praised history.

Let me share with you that Bini's glory today is the product of European writings. Much of these writings occured in an era in which the Europeans were obsessed with planting their tongue across the globe so it was an age of romanticized style of writing. Europeans exagerrated their impressions of encounters with natives. If they see something good they called it the most beautiful, and if they see something fair they described it as the worst of any encounter any human should ever be suffered with. This is how those who pioneered African exploration and wrote about it documented the records. The writers behind them used these records to further their own goals and interests in Africa. There were writers who never set foot in places they wrote about and there were writers who passed through a place and wrote as if they spent half their lifetime in it. Europeans distorted the records big time and this was done all over Africa. For people who had no independent written record of their own, like the Binis, of course, these hyped accounts is sweet in your ears. Your neighbors read what Europeans wrote about you and since all you forest people view the white man as a sacred being whose account must not be challenged, your status as a formidable kingdom is further elevated. If the hyped account of your glory match with your military prowess then you should have conquered the Yoruba seat of power or the Nupe seat of power. These were two neighboring powers to you. Gun or no gun, your romanticized kingdom would have been decimated if Fulani went into the forests.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 3:32pm On May 27, 2013
somalia9:

and this is the reason why 90 percent of them look like you guys, and only 10 percent of them look like horners with the soft hair and straight nose.

am sure if their ancestors could have an up or down vote wether to intermarry with negroids knowing that their decandants would look negroid they would rethink about this issue.

Mr Somalia, Fulani are very proud people and cherish their negroid heritage. Fulanis do not obsess with physical features and looks and love to mate and intermarry with the forest and coastal people if religion does not forbid it. Fulani does not discriminate on looks. They prefer negro to arabs for intermarriage.

The savannah and forest people have a gene type that the Fulani desires and need for balance. Their men unfortunately are discriminatory and dont like Fulani women for marriage.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 4:14pm On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

I guess you're a fictional writer and it's better you stick to writing fictions. However, if you want to hang with the best, when it comes to African history, you need to write based on historical FACTS - and not jejune tales.

Only a Fula would label the non-achieving Fula tribe the most influential tribe in Africa. perhaps, you're one of the Yoruba fulani slaves in Ilorin. You betrayed your people and you've continued to su.ck Fulani's nuts since then. Stick to what you know, Africa is too big and has achieved too much, to be disrespected.

Also, the Fulani's are so influential yet they have a recessive culture. How come every time the Fulani culture comes in contact with other cultures; it dies straight-away? In Northern Nigeria - they lost their culture to the Hausa's. And in Ilorin, they have all been Yorubanised. Why is that? So much for an influential tribe looool.

Get a life, woman.

Mr shymexx, please there is no need for this. Mr Physics took offense to her topic as well but he aired his complaints with civility. Please let us be respectful while in disagreements. You called this beautiful lady Fulani lover mixed with Yoruba ancestry, another one you called Igbo sympathiser mixed with Yoruba ancestry. My friend, this is hurtful. None of us choosed where our fate has brought us. You make arrogant remarks. What ancestry are you mixed with?

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by ezotik: 4:21pm On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau:
You make arrogant remarks.

and for some odd reason, u have not been able to smell the arrogance stinking from this thread particularly from ur posts?

why is ur sense of smell so bad? is it coz u are only used to the smell of cattle shit? hey, just guessing.. and i maybe wrong
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 4:23pm On May 27, 2013
Historical facts? LOL! Victors write history and historians can never be neutral. Absolute facts belong to mathematics and physics (and even that is to a degree, Einsteinian laws fail at a point). History is open to any interpretation, from any angle. I have said mine, whether you agree with it or not, is left to you to sort out. Whatever you have against Fulas is no issue of mine. I will advise you to stop wasting precious time trying to convince me on this (why try so hard if the Fulas are inconsequential?). And as for the fiction writing, you should buy a copy of my first novel and you don't have to insult people because your views are different na, I am not responsible for anyone's frustration grin At this stage, you can go on with your 'Fulanis are not influential' theory, I really need to get to other matters. I have written, I have expressed my opinions, and that's it. Deal with it -if you can. If not, keep whining smiley
shymexx:

Get a life, woman.

3 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 4:28pm On May 27, 2013
I guess Shymexx is more at home with insulting people who disagree with him...lol!
AdoZazzau:

Mr shymexx, please there is no need for this. Mr Physics took offense to her topic as well but he aired his complaints with civility. Please let us be respectful while in disagreements. You called this beautiful lady Fulani lover mixed with Yoruba ancestry, another one you called Igbo sympathiser mixed with Yoruba ancestry. My friend, this is hurtful. None of us choosed where our fate has brought us. You make arrogant remarks. What ancestry are you mixed with?

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 4:44pm On May 27, 2013
Madam , please forgive my use of too much space to air my views here but these comments I see from the Southern brothers are unbelievable. Im familiar with their labeling of Fulani as illiterates and backward but now there is a new hatred and it should not be tolerated. We are all one people. Your ancestry or lover should not be a yardstick for judging your writing skills or your views. If the Yorubas dont like it let them write their own influence and post.

I like your responses to these frivolous charges of dating Fulani and having Fulani interest. You stood up against the bullying and with style and diplomacy, I applaud you. I also want to be fair to them and agree that Africa is too big for Fulani to be a single most influential race. There is no doubt this is true regionally in West Africa, but Fulani's influence did not register in any other region outside "The Sudan". The topic may need a modification along with corresponding inferrences within context but everything else is quite truthful.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau:

No, I've been civil with her so far. I was just posting the truth about her ancestry and calling her for lying that's Yoruba(when she's obviously not). Same goes for the other woman that I referenced in my post. The only person I've verbally attacked on here is: bororjo. And he started the name calling by calling me a "fool."

Anyway, I don't have problem with people being proud of the tribe/ethnic-group. However, I can't stand fake-fvcks who hide under another ethnicity to spew nonsense. It's just mindless and disrespectful. Also, if you want to allude anything to your tribe - make sure it's based on FACTS - not hyberbole and jejune fallacies. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 4:46pm On May 27, 2013
Adozazzau

^ Are you nigerian?

You dont seem to be.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 4:47pm On May 27, 2013
I seriously doubt the op is yoruba.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 4:48pm On May 27, 2013
Abiyamọ: Historical facts? LOL! Victors write history and historians can never be neutral. Absolute facts belong to mathematics and physics (and even that is to a degree, Einsteinian laws fail at a point). History is open to any interpretation, from any angle. I have said mine, whether you agree with it or not, is left to you to sort out. Whatever you have against Fulas is no issue of mine. I will advise you to stop wasting precious time trying to convince me on this (why try so hard if the Fulas are inconsequential?). And as for the fiction writing, you should buy a copy of my first novel and you don't have to insult people because your views are different na, I am not responsible for anyone's frustration grin At this stage, you can go on with your 'Fulanis are not influential' theory, I really need to get to other matters. I have written, I have expressed my opinions, and that's it. Deal with it -if you can. If not, keep whining smiley

Ok, if the Fulani's are so powerful politically, how come they're lorded over by the Mandika's in Guinea(their ancestral home) and where they're the majority tribe?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 4:50pm On May 27, 2013
The op is another tomakink and isale_gan2. grin

Fake Yoruba people. grin lipsrsealed

I swear I know her real handle and she's half-fulani.

She lives in the literature and Japanese cartoons sections.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by bokohalal(m): 4:56pm On May 27, 2013
tpia@:
Adozazzau

^ Are you nigerian?

You dont seem to be.

Ado is typical Fulani.
Zazzau -Zaria(?) in Kaduna State.

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by AdoZazzau: 5:01pm On May 27, 2013
shymexx:

No, I've been civil with her so far. I was just posting the truth about her ancestry and calling her for lying that's Yoruba(when she's obviously not). Same goes for the other woman that I referenced in my post. The only person I've verbally attacked on here is: bororjo. And he started the name calling by calling me a "fool."

Anyway, I don't have problem with people being proud of the tribe/ethnic-group. However, I can't stand fake-fvcks who hide under another ethnicity to spew nonsense. It's just mindless and disrespectful. Also, if you want to allude anything to your tribe - make sure it's based on FACTS - not hyberbole and jejune fallacies. grin

My man, I don't know but Im assuming that you have had previous encounter to know who she is but nonetheless, why are you against Fulani this much? I must find a Fulani for you to marry. How would you like people disrespecting the children this Fulani girl will bear for you?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 27, 2013
AdoZazzau:
My man, I don't know but Im assuming that you have had previous encounter to know who she is but nonetheless, why are you against Fulani this much? I must find a Fulani for you to marry. How would you like people disrespecting the children this Fulani girl will bear for you?

I'm not against the Fulani's. However, I'm against calling a tribe that hasn't achieved much, the most influential on the continent. Africa is too big and has achieved a lot to ridicule our achievements like that. I would've said the same thing, if she alluded the same thing to the Yoruba's. As far as I'm concerned - no tribe in Nigeria deserves that title.

The Fulani's are late-comers. And the fact that they never achieved anything with their own consciousness, says a lot about the type of people they're. Everything they achieved came from foreign ideologies and foreign empowerment.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by tpia5: 5:07pm On May 27, 2013
bokohalal:

Ado is typical Fulani.
Zazzau -Zaria(?) in Kaduna State.

Over emphasis usually means something is off.

In this case, the moniker in question is too eager to be recognized as fulani, not to mention he doesnt sound like one per se.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Memunat And Ola: Alaafin Of Oyo's Wives Were Childhood Best Friends / Viral Lady In Royal Outfit Is NOT New Ooni Of Ife’s Wife (more Photos) / Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.