Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe (39881 Views)

Meet The Most Beautiful People On Earth- The Fulanis / 8 Reasons Why You Meet Few Hausa/Fulanis In The Uk / Nigeria Most Influential Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Olaone1: 9:33am On Jun 16, 2013
Why is this pretending to be Yoruba? From now on, your threads on NL will be derailed. Just leave NL.

Thank you Shymexx, Tpia, Pleep and Physics for confronting him/her/whatever.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Abiyamo: 2:10pm On Jun 16, 2013
LOL! Funny you. I should leave Nairaland that you created shey...lol! Keep derailing the threads na, guess I just found you a new job...lol!
Ola one: Why is this pretending to be Yoruba? From now on, your threads on NL will be derailed. Just leave NL.

Thank you Shymexx, Tpia, Pleep and Physics for confronting him/her/whatever.

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Olaone1: 3:42pm On Jun 16, 2013
undecided

1 Like

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Fulaman198(m): 3:15pm On Jul 01, 2014
It's unfortunate I missed that I missed this thread at the time this was dated I was very busy with work, otherwise I would have definitely hidden every post by Ajuran/Ayanle/Somalia9. He's a complete troll.

All ethnic groups (don't know why people call them tribes) have contributed to the well-being of Africa. The problem with Africans and the reason we never reach our potential is due to the fact that we are always bickering amongst ourselves. Ethnic bigotry must go! Period

Bororojo soobajo am, a jaamo?
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by sonzo666: 7:30pm On Jun 11, 2015
post=15918570:
Thank you o, that is what I am looking forward to seeing, a similar list of any other ethnic group and I will withdraw my assertion.
Kongo people are ways more influential than fulanis!Fulanis have never built a single state in their entire history.Their greatest achievement was to use a foreign religion to conquer already prosperous states(hausas,etc.......).There is not a single state in Africa named after fulanis!Kongo people built an empire than spanned 5 countries(drcongo,rep of congo,angola,gabon and cameroun) and kongo people have produced 6 president in 4 different countries:

Agostinho neto:The first president of angola
Joseph kasavubu:The first president of the Democratic republic of congo
Fulbert youlou:First president of republic of congo
Alphonse massamba-debat:second president of republic of congo
pascal lissouba: the sixth president of republic of congo
Sam nujoma:First president of Namibia

Freedom fighters:

Queen Nzinga nkuwu:Without doubt the greatest queen in Africa history
Kimpa vita/chimpa vita:The first African person to contest the authority of the Vatican
Simon kimbangu:great prophet
Zumbi:Freedom fighter and founder of kilombos or independent slaves states in brazil
Jean Jacques Dessalines:Military genius who defeated napoleon army during Haiti war of independence and founder of Haiti
Toussain louverture(mother kongo/father fon-dahomey) military genius who rose to the grade of general in the French army before turning against the French
Macandal:Haitian freedom fighter
Bookman:haitian freedom fighter
Holden Roberto:freedom fighter and one of the father of angola independence.Ruthless warrior!

Leading a group of 4,000 to 5,000 militants, he launched an incursion into Angola on March 15, 1961, taking over farms, government outposts, and trading centers, killing whoever they encountered enroute. More than 1,000 whites and several natives were killed in this bloody mass
Read more at http://www.thefamouspeople.com/profiles/holden-roberto-5619.php#V

Thurgood marshall:Descendant of a kongo male slave and the first black person to be elected to the us supreme court.Civil rights activist

Music;
Jazz,blues,gospels(kongo square new Orleans)
salsa
reggae
rumba
tango
Brazilian carnival

we can go on and on.............................................

2 Likes

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Olaone1: 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2015
post=16274502:
LOL! Funny you. I should leave Nairaland that you created shey...lol! Keep derailing the threads na, guess I just found you a new job...lol!
But you left shortly after. grin grin grin

Mission accomplished
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by QuotaSystem: 12:01pm On Jun 05, 2016
What an amazing thread.

Kudos .
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by MetaPhysical: 4:27am On Jun 06, 2016
I did not bother to go through pages of responses to see and appreciate contributions from different quarters, for me the title alone says it all.

What NONSENSE glorifying an ignoble race of people. Beside acting as proxies for Arabs to decimate and desecrate the glorious black cultures and their native roots, in what ways can we credit Fulani as contributors to the doctrines of African philosophies?

, you need enlightenement on African history.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jul 11, 2018
Awwwww

She said 'I have chose you with my heart', so freaking cute!
I think the music in the video made the men look scary though. I'm guessing they were "widening " their eyes and flaunting their teeth because those are their standards of beauty and of course them standing on their toes.

The innocence both male and female had were so cute! Especially the way the girl was talking about their crush.

I think they all look better without make up though grin

Update:

The F? This thread is oooooooold! lipsrsealed grin
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by jaksmillioniar: 2:23pm On Jul 12, 2018
lovelygurl:
Awwwww

She said 'I have chose you with my heart', so freaking cute!
I think the music in the video made the men look scary though. I'm guessing they were "widening " their eyes and flaunting their teeth because those are their standards of beauty and of course them standing on their toes.

The innocence both male and female had were so cute! Especially the way the girl was talking about their crush.

I think they all look better without make up though grin

Update:

The F? This thread is oooooooold! lipsrsealed grin
av u use cocumber for ur bootomless pit today
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Afflalo(m): 3:13pm On Jul 12, 2018
Fulanis girls are pretty
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by Sinistami(m): 5:29pm On Jul 12, 2018
Educative thread but still not sure bout the Influencial part.
Re: The Fulanis, Africa's Most Influential Tribe by chijiblaze(m): 11:39am On Mar 23, 2019
Please let me know,
How does one tell a Fulani from a Hausa person? Is it through skin tone? Course you could have a dark skinned Fulani and maybe a fair skinned Hausa. Though rare, but it could happen. Could it be by language? Most Fulani people have abandoned their Fulfude language and massively adopted the speaking of Hausa. Is it from the region that they are located? Fulanis spread from the northwest to the northeast of Nigeria. Ie everywhere. The spread even extends outside of the country's borders to Ghana, Mali, Guinea and also Cameroon, Central African Republic, and Chad. In so doing they are so mixed up with the Hausas and live in the same places. Is it by the names they bear? Both Hausa and Fulani people bear mostly Arabic names. Or the names of the town or regions close to them (Tafawa Balewa katsina & kano) and sometimes Fulani people bear Hausa names like Yaro Adua. Is it through body structure? Everybody from the same ethnic group cannot possibly have the same body shape.
So how does someone, from the Southern part of Nigeria tell them apart?
I only recently discovered that Former Nigerian President Al hajj Shehu Shagari was not Hausa but Fulani! Shocking to me. Same with all the other former heads of state from the North we had erstwhile imagined to be Hausa with the exception of Murtala Mohammed and maybe Yakubu Gowon! That's if he isn't. Say same for all the northern state governors and Emirs even the richest man in the country nay continent.
And even much more difficult to understand is why the majority Hausa ethnic group seems to be very comfortable with and staunchly supportive of being ruled and controlled at almost all levels by the minority Fulani ethnic group. Isn't it akin to the tail wagging the dog?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Colorful Photos From Oba Of Benin Coronation "Oba Ewuare II Of Benin Kingdom" / Ooni Of Ife, Ogundamisi, Participating In The Oshoosi Festival (photos) / Ijebuland's Ojude Oba Festival 2015 (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.