Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,611 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:30 AM

Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood (10456 Views)

If You Didn't Do These As A Child, Then Your Childhood Wasn't Awesome(pictures). / Its Children's Day: Upload A Picture Of Your Baby And Send Him/her A Shout Out. / If You Played This In Your Childhood Then Your Childhoold Was Awesome (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Codedrock(m): 11:24am On May 27, 2013
Hey
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by JOYCEOUS(f): 11:29am On May 27, 2013
zaheed.domah:
happy children day to my unborn kids, dont worry dad is still searching for a good and caing mum for una....
Hapi children's day 2 ma unborn kids, don't wori mom iz stil searchin 4 a gud, carin & luvin dad 4 ya'll.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by MsNas(f): 11:36am On May 27, 2013
who's guilty of this?? grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by addicted268(f): 11:39am On May 27, 2013
valicious1:
john hav u seen' i shot mike ur broda & he doesnt want2 die' u pple re doin partia' am not playing again. Lolz ... D gud ol' days.
hahahaha cheesy cheesy cheesy exactly....I remember."Oya everybody put ur leg"*extend right foot,one tiny finger touching every foot and singing * "mini mini mani moo,father has a donkey,donkey die,father cry,mini mini mani moo!" ....or when someone fart "tubum tubum baskalaba iya amala poo,amala amala kai kai,tubu don mess.who mess am,na ojo,ojo say na teacher,teacher say don't worry,na my class people mess am.POO!" D person wey POO touch go dey swear "its not me,oya let's do it again"!hahaha.....or if person "find my trouble",I ll be like *pouting and sulking and pointing at d person* "you ll see,I won't talk to you again!I ll tell my daddy/mummy for you".hahaha
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by daviide: 11:40am On May 27, 2013
LEvuls: watching my elder bro bleep his girl in our room...didnt hv any clue then as i tot they were wrestling
lmao this also happened to me ..he gave me nd my couz 20naira to share nd allowed us to go nd play cheesy
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by timbros(m): 11:40am On May 27, 2013
valicious1:
john hav u seen' i shot mike ur broda & he doesnt want2 die' u pple re doin partia' am not playing again. Lolz ... D gud ol' days.

You mean ojoro? Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Phygo(m): 11:41am On May 27, 2013
Happy children's day 2 my beloved daughter... CHIMAMANDA!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Nobody: 11:42am On May 27, 2013
i remember trying to balance the on-off switch trying to see what happens if i am able to just balance it right.
remember doing same to the fridge
i remember jumping the stairs with one step increment until landing becomes painful
i remember imagining how boring it will be if i grow up and not run around like i used to. i also remember promising myself not to stop having the fun i love while a kid
i remember making a vow to build my house with sweets, so i can eat sweet anytime i want.
wonderful and pleasant experience

1 Like

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Lilimax(f): 11:45am On May 27, 2013
Happy CHildren day to all kids out there and most
especially to my cute kids: Chimaobim, Chinazom and Chidera.
Mummy love you all smiley smiley
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by nikkypearl(f): 11:58am On May 27, 2013
Dose days,my purnishment was;Kneedown,raise up yo hands,carry my cup of tea(dat serves as an heavy load grin)nd close yo eyes! grin
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by MsNas(f): 12:41pm On May 27, 2013
I remember being so sturbborn as a kid! My sisters and I, always commiting one crime or the other
My mum was a teacher (who believed in the "spare the rod and spoil the child" principle. Every crime you commit, you get the beats!
Someone told us in school, that if you want to make your parents stop beating you forever and ever....just faint while they're in the act! How do we achieve that? By putting some cocoyam leaves and salt in your armpits while they're beating you! It failed woefully as not only the cocoyam leaves fell down, my mother just kept laughing hilariously and beat me the more!
Another theory was that if you want your parents to forget you commited a crime, pluck your eyebrows and put it in their shoes!!!cheesycheesy we actually thought it worked! But when we had a conversation with my mum recently she said it wasn't that she forgot those crimes, she actually forgave us! grin

5 Likes

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Francoolee(m): 12:44pm On May 27, 2013
Dose tyms wen i still roll tyre on the street.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by OlaHify(f): 12:45pm On May 27, 2013
Those days when reciting d multiplication table by heart was my greatest trouble in life. grin
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by saintemma2(m): 12:51pm On May 27, 2013
I love that time

1 Like

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Chitexs250(m): 12:52pm On May 27, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin

We are so tired of this Dettol Adverts, children
now
believe there're Germs everywhere....

My 5 yr old Nephew goes around with a Dettol
Can in
his pocket.
He Sprinkles his friends before he plays with
them.....

Sprinkles his books before reading..... This
morning, my Tea and Bread tasted awful...I
took
a few sips n bites Before I realised my Nephew
had
poured Dettol in my Breakfast to kill Germs....

If My Nephew Doesn't Kill Me, Who Will?

Happy Children's day

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Ikoniko(f): 12:55pm On May 27, 2013
timbros: How many of una catch para when una small? grin tongue
my immediate elder bro is guilty of this *u dey nairaland o, come testify*wink
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by lilbakar(m): 3:12pm On May 27, 2013

3 Likes

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by timbros(m): 3:21pm On May 27, 2013
Ikoniko: my immediate elder bro is guilty of this *u dey nairaland o, come testify*wink

lol

grin I catch para die!

Come see nylon full with different specie of para!
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Allurefunky(f): 3:31pm On May 27, 2013
timbros: I remember all the 'wars' we fought in those days! grin grin
power rangers
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Mamiya(m): 4:32pm On May 27, 2013
Not being aware of "Worries".... grin

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:38pm On May 27, 2013
I remembered the day I asked my mum about how I got to earth, how I got was under daddy's roof and why is she my mother.

She answered and said God created you and He gave you to me. I asked where is the God and she said He lives in the sky. I later went to dad to ask the same question.

Dad said, you will know better when you grow. I did that thing......
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by turl(m): 4:05am On May 28, 2013
Running smack bang into a sliding door.
Fighting 'chinese' after every jackie chan movie.
Looking forward to the annual 'christmas cloth'

etc
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by akinladejo: 4:12am On May 28, 2013
What about Ali and the Angel in NOEC BOok? How I wish I could turn d hand of the clock.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by akinladejo: 5:03am On May 28, 2013
Do u watch this Yoruba weekly episodes of Arelu with fadeyi oloro and Jelenke with that black and white television?
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by MMotimo: 5:05am On May 28, 2013
A lot of the memories relate to TV shows:

Roger Ramjet
The Thing
Sesame Street
Animal Kingdom on NTA
Casper and the angels
Clue Club
Shmoo
Scooby Doo

Cooo-ck crow at dawn
Mirror in the sun
Checkmate
Village headmaster
Fuji house of commotion
Zebrudaya

It was a time when I could not have imagined, in my wildest dreams, that Nigeria would be in this state today smh.

Funmi Adams' "Nigeria, my Beloved Country" brings poignant memories.

1 Like

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by edi287: 7:31am On May 28, 2013
Playing "husband and wife" in school and at home, hand and seek in uncompleted buildings and all those funny commercials on tv. Throwing knockouts in people's house during 31st night, so many memories dont know where to start. Back then, the " suffering and smiling" thing was in effect.
Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by Luckyfits: 10:51am On May 28, 2013
addicted268: cheesy did the funny faces too,or just stick my tongue to d glass/window.funny cheesy I liked smelling my new "reader" and text books.I still remember d smell....also I remember how gullible I was.whenever I had to take an injection or immunization,I'd cry and cry but my mum and d nurses always deceived me by saying dat if you don't take d injection,so and so person won't allow u to come to her birthday party(making it sound as if d party is already taking place).I go jus summon courage take d injection.after injection,oya mummy where's d party?answer:tomorrow.by tomorrow,I don forget.lol.funny thing is that same story every injection time and I always fell for it.hehehe.but children of these days don't get easily deceived o.dem sharp die!....those days,if my uncle/aunty come to our house to visit,when they wanna leave,I ll start crying and wanting to follow.they ll say "go and get ur shoes",before I come out with my shoes,dem don run o.I cry tire.U can't try that with children of these days more than once o.they won't fall for it.I did it to my niece one day and escaped,d next time I was there,as soon as she saw me and greeted me,she run enter inside room carry her shoe come out and waited for me patiently till I was ready to go.aunty,I ll follow u.ok go and bring ur shoes.I shock when she lifted d shoes from right beside me. cheesy cheesy
hahahhahahah i don laugh so tey my head dey pain me but all the same children of these generation sharp die,,,,

1 Like

Re: Happy Children's Day - Funny Memories Of Your Childhood by ginnyluv(f): 4:09pm On May 28, 2013
there was dis uncle of ours, who was so inluv with salutation n sir enclosed at d end of it. omo i n my siblings decided to pay him back. so we formulated "who born u sir, instead of good morning sir" n he would always reply.......morning morning. see us rushing to greet him every morning. heheheh sigh*

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Help!!!! His Big joystick is Destroying His Marriage / Celebrating Powerful Women Of The World. . . .THE REAL FEMINISM!!! / Just Lost My Dad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.