Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,556 members, 7,865,313 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 03:30 PM

False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> - Literature (71) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> (646883 Views)

Bloodshot -a Short Romance Story / A Christmas Miracle - New Romance Story About Christmas / Romance Story- The Neigbours (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2013
Repo, i hope page 70 will have, at least, an update.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Hameenat94(f): 10:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Aunty Repo... Abeg update na.. Dis 1 no gud oh
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 1:21am On Oct 27, 2013
lol, i know, i know. i hear you guys. sooo sorry, i'm working on making sure this page will have an update.... soon.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:04am On Oct 27, 2013

7 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:07am On Oct 27, 2013
“You tricked me.” The reporter accused Princess

“I didn’t trick you... I only tried to make more money.” Princess said weakly, she couldn’t think of a better excuse. Did this idiot think she wasn’t going to make as much gain from the situation as she could? She was broke here and desperate.

“You gave the tip to the police before you even called me, i got there to meet the place already secure and a million other reporters there along with me! You promised me a scoop, that wasn’t our agreement.”

“Its not my fault the Nigerian police arrived there before you, who knew they would be so fast? I guess when a high profile citizen of the country was involved, they drop all else and move in.”

“You owe me, Princess! You owe me a scoop, I did not pay you all that money to get swindled like this!”

“Hey, Hey, I cant help you anymore, I’ve done my part!”

“Okay...I guess your boss will be happy to hear how reporters and police got to the scene before he did and how the newspapers got the story that he’d paid two million dollars for the release of his sister!”

“Alright, alright, Japheth! You need to calm down now.”

“Oh? Do I?”

“Yes! When something else comes up, I’ll get it to you, you’ll get your exclusive, are you happy now?” She screeched, this idiot was actually trying to get her into deeper shi’t.

“Make sure you keep to it because I’m serious about going to your boss.”

“Relax, I said you’ll get your exclusive.. why are you still on with the threats?”

“ I’m making sure we are clear on this!”
Princess shook her head, what had she gotten herself into now? “Clear as crystal!” She replied.

“Good.” Was his final word before the call went dead. Princess dropped her phone on the desk taking her head in her hands, now she had to start hoping the abductors would send her boss another mail. She hoped that once again she hadn’t bitten off more than she could swallow.

Kite was surprisingly calm when the phone had been rudely yanked from her, the call had been too short, she’d not had enough of Ise’s soothing voice calming her nerves, giving her comfort. She resisted the urge to breakdown in tears, she missed him and couldn’t wait to see him again. She was sure he would do all he could to get her out of here. She should be happy she had gotten her message to him and now they had a chance of knowing who this person was.

She sighed, resting back on the wall. She thought about her family, her mom and brothers, it wasn’t the first time thoughts of them went through her head. She hoped they were okay, especially her mother, and she hoped Ise hadn’t told them yet, it would only get them a lot more worried. They had to keep this under wraps till it was behind them.

She looked up as the door to the room was being unlocked. What was it now? Were they coming to collect what she’d promised them? The Cartier wrist watch?

It was the woman, that came in, a portable stool in one hand and a gun in the other, the mask was on. Kite was too sure she was the mastermind behind the whole thing and couldn’t help wondering who she was?

She closed the door behind her, set the stool down and sat. “So...I guess I should get a ‘thank you’ for the phone call?” She started and Kite all but jumped. She knew that voice! She hadn’t bothered with muffling it this time.

Kite sat up, peering at the woman as if some how if she looked closer she would see through the mask.

“You and your fiancé, all lovey dovey....” She scoffed.

Fiancé? Kite wondered, Ise wasn’t exactly her fiancé yet, why did she think he was?

She continued, “love is a facade, you know? It isn’t real, at the moment all that’s going on between you two is pure lust.... You think you’re going to get married and live happily ever after with him?” She laughed, a low mocking sound “My dear, don’t delude yourself, I know men.... I’ve been around the block a few times and I realised, love isn’t real....All a man is good for is to be used for whatever can be gotten from him because trust me honey, when the lust wears off and reality sinks in.... he will dump you.

“You’re pretty, you might last a while.... but his family will look down on you, they know you are after his money, they will never respect you. I know, I’ve seen it happen many times, in the end, he’ll listen to them, he’ll heed to them....he’ll see what a mistake he made and wonder what he ever saw in you in the first place aside your beauty....and he’ll dump you. Oh and if you get married, and lord help you if you signed a prenup, a wise woman never signs a prenup.”

“Why are you telling me this?” Kite asked, wondering if the woman was talking more to herself than her, had she gone through a similar experience? She was seeing some sense in what she was saying and she didn’t want to. She tried to tell herself Ise was different but this womans words were cutting deep. “Did you go through this?”

“Oh no of course not, I’m from wealthy background, but I have been used one too many times and been stupid enough to fall in love with a man. Now, I just milk them for what they can offer and then do away with them.”

“Ise is different.”Kite muttered, trying to believe her own words but was fighting an almost losing battle with herself.

“Ise is a man, they’re all the same. It’s only a matter of time, tick tock…..”

Kite’s eyes widened and before she knew it, she muttered “ Vicky!”

There was a pause in the room and one could literally hear a pin drop. Kite was stunned. It was Vicky doing this?

Vicky laughed, pulling off the black cloth as she did so, revealing her face “I knew you’d guess who I was eventually, thats why I didn’t bother to mask my voice!”

“Why are you doing this? What did Ise ever do to you?” Kite asked shocked and bewildered all at once.

“Oh no, dear, you got it all wrong....it’s you whom I have a real problem with... you see, Ise and I were having a great time until you came in and spoilt our fun. Its you I have a grudge with, if not for you Ise would have been my next husband but you had to come in, didn’t you? Sunk your claws into him and refused to budge, I seriously do wonder what he really saw in a tramp like you?”

“Maybe he saw you for what you really were!” Kite retorted “unlike you, I like him for who he is and not what I can get from him. He must have sensed your wicked heart, he has really good instincts, you know?”

“Oh please, I bet he didn’t sense the abduction coming....” she said laughing at her own joke, a dark sound that sounded quite crazy “anyway we’re done here.” She got up and walked toward her, still speaking and she came closer “He offered up to five million dollars for you but I’ve made my decision.... hand me what you promised” She said stretching out her hand.

Without another word, Kite reached into her weave and pulled out the watch.

Vicky smiled, “such a slippery thing you are, no wonder my guys couldn’t find it on you.”

“You won’t get away with this! I’ve seen your face, the authorities will be after you….” Kite started but paused as Vicky burst into laughter

“Oh sweetheart, don’t you get it? That’s exactly the reason you wont be going back!”

It took a second to understand the meaning of her statement “Oh my God!” She breathed, the woman was going to kill her!

3 Likes

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 3:08am On Oct 27, 2013
enjoy....
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for the Mind blowing update Ma.
Ghen ghen....Vicky won't knw wat hit her
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ariyke: 8:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Thanks for the update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by losprince(m): 9:12am On Oct 27, 2013
women and bluffing! vicky must have watched too many american movies.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by DabariN(f): 9:19am On Oct 27, 2013
nyc update anty Rapo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by drnonny: 10:26am On Oct 27, 2013
MORE OR!!!!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Cheriepet: 11:07am On Oct 27, 2013
*ghostmode deactivitated*

aunty repo tanks so much for this. i know d stress involved so i appreciate ur effort

as 4 vicky her day reckoning is here. cant wait for d reunion of my best couple.

have a beautiful sunday

oh lest i forget. the good Lord who started his gud work in u will bring it to perfection. enjoy ur pregnancy period.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by repogirl(f): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2013
smiley, dabarin, aryke, vickii, thanks guys.

cheriepet, amen and thanks alot, you have a great day too.

drnonny, more will come....later. smiley.

iosprince, but thats how bad guys act na, they tell you about their sinister plans first.....before the good guys come in and save d day cheesy. BTW, not seen u in a while....
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by kingphilip(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2013
repogirl: enjoy....
wow anty repo i really enjoYed it and twas worth the wait sha tnx and a happy sunday
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by nomso27(m): 4:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
Aunty repo thanks for d update o!

Ur too good........d love birds must get married o!

Or else na fight o!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by jendell: 5:31pm On Oct 27, 2013
wallahi,kite nah criminal...chei,i neva imagined in my wildest dream dat dis novel will turn out dis way....aunty repo is always killing it.........cheiii,my heart wan burst wit happiness.God bls u aunty repo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by losprince(m): 8:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
repogirl: smiley,

iosprince, but thats how bad guys act na, they tell you about their sinister plans first.....before the good guys come in and save d day cheesy. BTW, not seen u in a while....

i feel you! i've been busy...
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by sheblayze(f): 9:37pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nice @repogirl, the watch thingy is ingenious of you.

Still following. Wish you safe delivery when the time comes.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Kslib(m): 9:39pm On Oct 27, 2013
Hehe! Nice, repo.. I loved every bit of it. wink

Vicky na real mad person walahi.
All izz well!
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Joy4mi(f): 11:24pm On Oct 27, 2013
wow............tanx for the update (iya ibeji smiley )
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Angelsit(f): 7:27am On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks aunty repo. Nice update
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Melancholy(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Repomama, Hmm...you got me along the line cos i was wondering what does that wrist watch got to do with the present situation but u reminded me of it features.KITE na sharp gurl ooo.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by papindinho(m): 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
Chai! If na so the update go dey sweet ehn, me no go mind to dey wait oooooo.... A tremendous one Aunty PJ. #GoRepo
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Hameenat94(f): 7:39pm On Oct 28, 2013
Aunty Repo... Tnx alot buh pls dnt let us wait dat much again
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by kennybelle: 8:42pm On Oct 28, 2013
And i repeat what my fellow readers ve been saying “Thank you aunty“ for d update. U‘ve been entertaining n educating us simultaneously.
I wish give 2 give you a gift in return:

Wrapped in ur care, it‘s a 2 bundle of joy. U wee be delivered of a set of twins. Pls dnt reject my gift, we ar wonderful kids o. D update was unexpected
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Ghozye(f): 9:43pm On Oct 28, 2013
Wow! This z rlly mind blowing!
I jst hp d securetrace finds kite b4 vicki does sth irreversible
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Jumizie13(f): 11:14am On Oct 29, 2013
Vickii Ro:
Ghen ghen....Vicky won't knw wat hit her
sure
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by pillzthadrugz(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2013
Repo this update is too GBASKI
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Rajosh(m): 3:03pm On Oct 29, 2013
kite why did you call her name? oh my kite please don't die.

1 Like

Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by Rajosh(m): 3:04pm On Oct 29, 2013
kite why did you call her name? oh my kite please don't die. Ise and sal should do something in time before anything happens to my kite.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by domido(m): 3:08pm On Oct 29, 2013
THANK YOU AUNT REPO FOR THIS.......WELCOME BACK.
Re: False Pretenses <1ST POSITION, ROMANCE STORY OF THE YEAR AWARD, 2013> by losprince(m): 5:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
Rajosh: kite why did you call her name? oh my kite please don't die. Ise and sal should do something in time before anything happens to my kite.
mehn free the babe jor... she got the shock of her life there, but the real matter at hand is will vicky do a clean job on her

(1) (2) (3) ... (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) ... (86) (Reply)

My Complicated Love Story With My School Mum / WRONG NUMBER By Toyin Taiwo / My Husband.........

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.