Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,280 members, 7,815,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:59 PM

Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? (6214 Views)

6 Reasons Why Wordpress Is Better Than Blogger / Wordpress Is By Far Better Than Blogger / Is Wordpress Better Than Glogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by theutopianex: 3:57pm On May 29, 2013
people just want to look professional and not "do" professional... user interphase and themes all should inspire creativity and give readers a very good experience, but most of us are stuck on trying to make it look nice..
i use blogger theutopianexpress..com and i find it very cool because its easier to sign up( why spend so much time n go through so much stress because u want to blog??, does that make u professional?) , google adsense, integration with all other google accounts all on the same spot!! now that is awesome! plus you get access to thousands on google commuinity which increases your blog traffic! .. wordpress fells a little bit too rigid for me.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Inik(m): 4:09pm On May 29, 2013
Blogger is the best option for beginners and it has good search engine optimization while wordpress is for more experienced bloggers and has a more professional outlook than blogger.

2 Likes

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Godswillboy(m): 4:16pm On May 29, 2013
Can one make money tru wordpress,and how?
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by DExplorer1: 4:24pm On May 29, 2013
Inik: Blogger is the best option for beginners and it has good search engine optimization while wordpress is for more experienced bloggers and has a more professional outlook than blogger.
Maybe we should not deceive ourselves with this professional outlook and features. The point is, blogging is for every interested person, every host must make their blog user friendly to have more members. Again, your blog is what you make it and not everyone can use professional features. A simple blog host with good features are what makes blogging appealing to users. Just saying!

2 Likes

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ponco: 4:47pm On May 29, 2013
moodswing: #Teamwordpress. Only lazy people or learners use blogger.
For your information blogger requires a lot more work than wordpress.

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by infonubia(m): 5:20pm On May 29, 2013
Inik: Blogger is the best option for beginners and it has good search engine optimization while wordpress is for more experienced bloggers and has a more professional outlook than blogger.

I believe you can totally be a successful blogger and use the free service (Ex. Linda Ikeji's blog). However sites like NotjustOK, 1Triberadio, use wordpress.

1 Like

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 29, 2013
grin
iamdsam: I don't know much about them but I want a good Nairalander to introduce me into bloggers business

Ok you want some one to introduce you to copy and paste business
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by BigBlackDick: 5:48pm On May 29, 2013
Well if you are talking of the platform .wordpress and .blogger platform... The the ease of use of blogger stands out
But if you are talking about the application.. Wordpress with it endless premium developer plugins is the King
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by barapistis(m): 7:24pm On May 29, 2013
My point..wordpress is for pros u get almost anyting u need on ur site or blog on wordpress.but i stil use bloger creating mini site thats gets indexed by google so quickly than wordpress that may take 72 to 120 hours before it get indexed.blogger wil outrank a wordpres site with same info if left to rank naturally
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Dermie: 7:25pm On May 29, 2013
JideTheBlogger: Nice thread. Am still addicted to Blogger for so many reasons...
can you please, state them?
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by barapistis(m): 7:26pm On May 29, 2013
ponco:
For your information blogger requires a lot more work than wordpress.

Your head dey their
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 29, 2013
moodswing: #Teamwordpress. Only lazy people or learners use blogger.
Nope. Thats where you got it wrong. Blogger is still cool for professionals
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by jimcaddy(m): 8:20pm On May 29, 2013
Well personally, I believe Blogger is way better than Wordpress in terms of the user-friendly nature of Blogger compared to Wordpress. It is very easy to post advertisements on Blogger. I doubt if you can do that with ease on Wordpress.

http://jimcaddy..com
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 29, 2013
it is all about what u want and getting it. for me nothing wl change my luv 4 blogger.com becos it gives me what i want. if u are ok with wp why not. All you need is good customizations and you will appear professional if truly you are.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by zogo(m): 9:19pm On May 29, 2013
Nobody has it all. Wordpress is professional blogging. It gives u a unique Top Level Domain TLD name as in, urname.com, .urname.org etc, which is key. But Bloger limits u to a Lower Level Domain name LLD, like, urname..com

But the gud thing about blogger.com is dat it gives everybody, both newbies immidiate FREE 24/7 online presence, offering any nitche.

My blogs in my signature are my testimonies of real profits
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by zogo(m): 9:23pm On May 29, 2013
Nobody has it all. Wordpress is professional blogging. It gives u a unique Top Level Domain TLD name as in , .urname.com, .urname.org etc, which is key. But Bloger limits u to a Lower Level Domain name LLD, like, urname..com

But the gud thing about blogger.com is dat it gives everybody, both newbies immidiate FREE 24/7 online presence, offering any nitche.

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 29, 2013
WordPress or Blogger, what matters is getting what you want, any of these two platforms can give you what you want so stick to either of the two. For me, nothing will change my love for blogger.com, i use it for both my free and paid domain named blogs.

I know quite a number of pro-bloggers who use blogger, very many of them equally use wp. The promotion of wp as the best is just too much, and nobody has given me a clear cut reason why they believe wp is better than blogger. I think for the fact that Google owns blogger thereby ranking blogs on it faster and higher is enough reason to say blogger is better, every is talking about SEO, so how are you going to overcome the master-Google.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Nobody: 10:45pm On May 29, 2013
Blogger.com is very good, my blog is on that platform so there is nothing anybody will tell me to convince me that blogger is for starters. Just stick to what works for you. Blogger has a whole lot of good themes as well.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by diiwanna(m): 11:21pm On May 29, 2013
i moved from Blogger to Wordpress. i can't put my finger on it but there's indeed a difference. Wordpress is better. Its probably in the more professional look, the user friendliness, stockpile of themes or the fact its just plain awesome! Dayoviews.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 12:32am On May 30, 2013
bara pistis: My point..wordpress is for pros u get almost anyting u need on ur site or blog on wordpress.but i stil use bloger creating mini site thats gets indexed by google so quickly than wordpress that may take 72 to 120 hours before it get indexed.blogger wil outrank a wordpres site with same info if left to rank naturally

I wonder if this is true.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by spassion: 3:45am On May 30, 2013
Check it out on www.d-plat.com
The latest of the world's best launched
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Jarus(m): 9:48am On May 30, 2013
I use both. Wordpress for my public blog (www.jarushub.com) and blogger for my personal musing (www.jarus.blog.com)

I think I'm enjoying Wordpress more, although I'm not a guru in either.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by barapistis(m): 12:24pm On May 30, 2013
zogo: Nobody has it all. Wordpress is professional blogging. It gives u a unique Top Level Domain TLD name as in, urname.com, .urname.org etc, which is key. But Bloger limits u to a Lower Level Domain name LLD, like, urname..com

u need go back to a blogging school,
so u hve all your blogs on without a personal domain name
what if blogger delets your blogs,you loose
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 4:40pm On May 30, 2013
[size=38pt]WHICH OF THE WORDPRESS[/size]
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 4:42pm On May 30, 2013
You should be comparing worpress.com VS blogger.com and not wordpress.org which is leagues away from blogger.com
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 4:44pm On May 30, 2013
blogbaby: it is all about what u want and getting it. for me nothing wl change my luv 4 blogger.com becos it gives me what i want. if u are ok with wp why not. All you need is good customizations and you will appear professional if truly you are.

We need to talk..... Do you have a Gmail account
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2013
stbaby: Blogger.com is very good, my blog is on that platform so there is nothing anybody will tell me to convince me that blogger is for starters. Just stick to what works for you. Blogger has a whole lot of good themes as well.

Are you not tired of using female ID.... After you will say you are a pastor.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by ibietela2(m): 5:00pm On May 30, 2013
bara pistis: My point..wordpress is for pros u get almost anyting u need on ur site or blog on wordpress.but i stil use bloger creating mini site thats gets indexed by google so quickly than wordpress that may take 72 to 120 hours before it get indexed.blogger wil outrank a wordpres site with same info if left to rank naturally

That is not true.... Here is a picture of my Indian friend, his blog got index in secs.

Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by Idirabata: 5:26pm On May 30, 2013
How do I confirm if my site is indexed?
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 12:19am On May 31, 2013
Idirabata: How do I confirm if my site is indexed?

When it appears in search engine results for relevant key words.
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by spassion: 4:08am On May 31, 2013
bara pistis:

u need go back to a blogging school,
so u hve all your blogs on without a personal domain name
what if blogger delets your blogs,you loose

To ensure that your blog is protected and not deleted, get hosted(web hosting). If you are hosted with us, all you data are protected, 100% guarantee.
To contact me for your hosting at the best rate, you can reach me at info@keeshost.com. Our basic plan only cost $2/month, surprised!!! Contact me fast..
Re: Is Wordpress Really Better Than Blogger? by maclatunji: 7:31am On Jun 01, 2013
Now, my opinions on Blogger and Wordpress. Blogger is a simple straight-to-the-point, no thrills platform for blogging backed by the power of Google. It is great if you are a beginner or want to blog on very limited time. Blogger cannot match the range of choices for add-ons aka plug-ins that Wordpress has but if you know where to look you can find great ones.

Wordpress has a lot of cool features and is better for those who have the time for elaborate stuff. You can come-up with some really classy blogs on Wordpress with loads of plug-ins.

On SEO and generating traffic to your blog/website, there is very little difference between the 2 these days even if there was in the past. Moreover, you need to discover what works best for you. For example, I am doing badly on search engines with my blog. Yet, it is one of the fastest-growing in Nigeria. No, my traffic is not coming from Nairaland, Facebook or even Twitter but it is coming.

Summary is: you need to find what works best for you to generate traffic.

My conclusion is that you should chose the one that works best for you. Both Wordpress and Blogger are good in their own ways.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Wordpress Is Ahead Of Blogger / Truehost Review : This Is Not A Paid Review (Worst And Good Experience) / Are You Earning Below $50 Daily On Adsense? Let Me Review Your Blog For FREE!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.