Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge (15362 Views)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics / Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by romanlaw(m): 5:30am On May 29, 2013
eko ilee: who is shutting who down and is it even possible? This is the legislature checking the executive via constitutional duties and balance of power.

At the end of the day, they'll get together, reason and do what's best for the state and they always do. This is the most stable and productive 3 tiers of government in Nigeria... ..

Lol! Even a new born baby knows who is shutting who up. Oga @ d top . Tinubu. Ofcourse he takes in N200 out of the N400

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by romanlaw(m): 5:43am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

All you losers do is cry and cry over Lagos, but your villages don't even know how to build hen cage talk less bridge. You people have been begging and doing bambiala for common river bridge for over 30 years and still begging while the Lagos state government in less than 4 years built the best bridge in West Africa.

Shame no dey catch you people ni?

2 questions for you : 1) Why do u always defend Lagos State Govt with your blood? So there is no room for criticism. 2) Why do u believe that anybody that criticises Lagos State Govt is an Ibo Man? Why. Are u not aware that there is an opposition party called PDP in Lagos State and that their members are also Lagos Indigenes. Why must u keep exposing your dullard brain?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 6:02am On May 29, 2013
^^^^^^^^^

With the kind of hateful and bigoted rubbish below among the many you pollute humanity with, there's just no reason for me to to entertain you or swim in your rancid and odious existence with you...

You are better off with your kind....

romanlaw:

If u take cognisance of his tribe, then u wont ask this question. They impregnant their women and run to another leaving the mother to cather for them. Its common in all YORUBA faamily.

romanlaw:

My friend to hell with Nigeria, to the Igbos Nigeria doesn't exist anymore, so anything can go so far as it will bring the end of this joke called Nija. But meanwhile , if anything can go, obviously no ACN nor APC filled with disgrunted Moslems and Ofe_mmanu people.

romanlaw:

Tinubu is a name of a former Ibadan Tout, rightly spelt Tifnubu. Who tru agbero-job made small money and manourvered his way into the south-west politics. Now he is the God of all yoruba people who pockets 80% revenue of Fashola's Govt in Lagos state.

romanlaw: GOOD TO KNOW THAT THE MAN IS YORUBA MAN! WITH ALL THEIR NOISE MAKING ON NAIRALAND. DAME GEJ IS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS ONE. IF THEY SACK HIM NOW AND REPLACE HIM WITH SOME ONE FROM ANOTHER TRIBE YORUBAS WILL START CRYING.

romanlaw:

PLS DONT INVOLVE MY SOUTH SOUTH IN THIS. THE YORUBAS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES, ALWAYS PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE TO THE HAUSAS.

you are just a disgusting village scumbag. I don't even want to see despicable clowns and bigoted nuisance like you around me...

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Nobody: 6:06am On May 29, 2013
So because the bridge was built using tax payer's money does not mean it cannot be tolled! I am assuming there will be alternate routes so you always have the option to take the alternate route if you do not want to pay toll. The whole idea of a TOLLING system is for TRAFFIC FLOW CONTROL AND REVENUE GENERATION!!!!
People claiming Fashola is Elitist needs their heads checked...If progress is ELITISM then so be it..Not everyone must reside in Lagos....if it's too expensive for you, then go back to your gaddamn village....shi*t...is it by force?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by macherie1: 6:08am On May 29, 2013
Lagos state government is a government for the Rich. The government is also fast loosing focus and turning into a business venture. How come no bridges are being constructed in the downtown places or are we not living in this same Lagos? The reason is simple. They are investing where they can easily reap. Shameless government! Lagosians should boycott such bridges lets see aw they will make the profit!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 6:12am On May 29, 2013
ma cherie: Lagos state government is a government for the Rich. The government is also fast loosing focus and turning into a business venture. How come no bridges are being constructed in the downtown places or are we not living in this same Lagos? The reason is simple. They are investing where they can easily reap. Shameless government! Lagosians should boycott such bridges lets see aw they will make the profit!

Is this bridge in Okota Itire for rich people in a rich area too?

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhzB4bTBI/AAAAAAAAD38/Peu1-oRBADA/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhyl5htwI/AAAAAAAAD30/HLE_dlEnuuY/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhqzRsZKI/AAAAAAAAD3s/8smEIBUATx0/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 6:17am On May 29, 2013
engineerd: So because the bridge was built using tax payer's money does not mean it cannot be tolled! I am assuming there will be alternate routes so you always have the option to take the alternate route if you do not want to pay toll. The whole idea of a TOLLING system is for TRAFFIC FLOW CONTROL AND REVENUE GENERATION!!!!
People claiming Fashola is Elitist needs their heads checked...If progress is ELITISM then so be it..Not everyone must reside in Lagos....if it's too expensive for you, then go back to your gaddamn village....shi*t...is it by force?

Unexposed villagers and ignorants do have their backward ways, this is why they need to stay in their village and don't pollute civilization and progress..
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by anonimi: 6:31am On May 29, 2013
CFCfan:
Except for their Speaker, Adeyemi Ikuforiji, about 20 lawmakers present at the plenary, raised questions on why the state government should concession and collect tolling on a bridge built with taxpayers’ money and fully paid by the government.

Finally the lawmakers are growing some BALLS to ask questions even if TIMIDLY as we need to see results of changed policy to know they can not only bark they can also BITE when necessary.
And why did the Speaker not join them? Abi im sabi the Baba isale wey go dey collect the toll?

BTW, what did they do when some "posh" areas were excluded from the tenancy law passed some two(?) years ago
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by dammytosh: 7:44am On May 29, 2013
Their rants makes no difference. ACN is as lawless as their PDP VULTURES.

They just pulled this stunt so dt ignorant masses will think there is any form of check and balance.

Lekki toll gate issue is still in court and they have raked in au many millions already.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by dammytosh: 7:51am On May 29, 2013
engineerd: So because the bridge was built using tax payer's money does not mean it cannot be tolled! I am assuming there will be alternate routes so you always have the option to take the alternate route if you do not want to pay toll. The whole idea of a TOLLING system is for TRAFFIC FLOW CONTROL AND REVENUE GENERATION!!!!

Guess u are on acn's payroll like eko ile.

So tell me wat people who pay 7digits tax amount , who live in dt area stand to gain from this overrated Government

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 8:00am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

We are talking about visionary projects and landmarks and this joker is parading around with roundabout in some jungle village?

Akwa Ibom budget 2012 N527 Billion/Lagos state N485

Akwa Ibom budget 2013 N539 Billion/Lagos state N497

Is this what that clown achieved with the largest budgets in the history of Nigeria?

If Lagos with 20 million people is commissioning projects everyday, building visionary and major projects with less money, why is your Akwa with 3 million people and all that money not looking like dubai? Where are the grand, visionary and major projects?

Where are the schools?

Where are the hospitals and clinics

Where are the parks and recreation centers

Where are the skills and acquisition centers

Where are your governing and public institutions?

Where are the developments outside of Uyo?

One village roundabout and a few roads doesn't constitute development, development is a package.

Please go and sit down in a corner and cry on behalf of yourself and the poor people of Akwa...

Please go back to school, your asking me where the schools are grin grin grin, developments outside Uyo, tell me one local Government outside Uyo that you have visited, thats if you have ever left Alausa since you were born, Tinubu zombie grin grin

Let me name a few,
renovation of All the primary schools and schools in the state
Urban development of Ikot Abasi, Abak, Eket towns and note he created new streets and renovated the bad roads in these towns with good drainage, not the dirt i see all over CMS and Lagos. Lagos is too dirty and smelly, make i breathe fresh air here abeg grin grin

he can still do more and that he is doing, The Stadium is almost complete, 7 major highways are under contruction (toll free) using Setraco, berger and CCECC, not HI tech grin grin
by the time our Anniversary Hospital is complete with State of the Art facilities your Eko people will run down here for treatment, too many projects cant mention them all.
just take the next flight and come with your camera, rent a car at Uyo and tour the State cool

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:09am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol:

[s]Please go back to school, your asking me where the schools are grin grin grin, developments outside Uyo, tell me one local Government outside Uyo that you have visited, thats if you have ever left Alausa since you were born, Tinubu zombie grin grin

Let me name a few,
renovation of All the primary schools and schools in the state
Urban development of Ikot Abasi, Abak, Eket towns and note he created new streets and renovated the bad roads in these towns with good drainage, not the dirt i see all over CMS and Lagos. Lagos is too dirty and smelly, make i breathe fresh air here abeg grin grin

he can still do more and that he is doing, The Stadium is almost complete, 7 major highways are under contruction (toll free) using Setraco, berger and CCECC, not HI tech grin grin
by the time our Anniversary Hospital is complete with State of the Art facilities your Eko people will run down here for treatment, too many projects cant mention them all.
just take the next flight and come with your camera, rent a car at Uyo and tour the State cool[/s]

MR Roundabout, you mean you can not show us anything apart from that village roundabout to reflect Akwa Ibom's largest budget in Nigeria?

You can not show me anything because there is nothing to show and I know this because I've been there several times. Even in your Uyo, once you get off the main road, it's nothing but village. You can even see the environment around the roundabout, na the same backward village..

Why should I even take a clown showing off with village roundabout in 2013 seriously ?

smh...
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by lordimpaq(m): 8:12am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol:

Please go back to school, your asking me where the schools are grin grin grin, developments outside Uyo, tell me one local

Haba na, the toll bridge was constructed by julius berger while the okota bridge CCECC...cut em some slack.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by slimfit1(m): 8:14am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

1. The burden is on you to show me a better bridge anywhere in Nigeria build by your FG with all their oil money, by your Akwa Ibom clown governor with all his oil money and the largest yearly budget in Nigeria and while you are at it, go anywhere in west Africa and if non is available in Nigeria. Until you do that, STFU and my claim stands.

2. Even though your Akwa Ibom spends more money than any state in Nigeria, it's still largely a village with a flyover here and a few roads scattered in one single town which is the capital and other than that, the place is void of any other meaningful social, economic and manpower development. That clown is better off dashing money and luxury jeeps to celebrities with tax paters money, sending celebrities to wedding in dubai with tax payers money, buying private jets and luxury Mercedes Benz vans with tax payers money and rigging elections all over the place like a damn barbarian..

3. I know ignorant villagers like you spewing rubbish is a norm on NL, but some of you losers take it too far especially talking about a state with so much oil money with little or nothing to show for it. A state with no grand vision and ideas for the future.

Your Akwa Library is a phony scam with no meaningful functionality, the digital library is nothing but a collection of links to other libraries which any school kid fit access directly on the internet without messing with your phony library.

4. Your Akwa library is the only tolled library in Nigeria and it's not only tolled, it's even tolled for kids. For any kid in Akwa Ibom to get any kind of full access to that phony library, they have to pay N1000/YEAR and N5000 for adult.

Yes, you are a dullard for even bringing that up, that phony library is tolled with fees even for school kids? So of what use is that fake library to the kids and people of Akwa Ibom?

5. You can rant and go berserk as much as you want, but Lagos is not in the same league with your village so give yourself a break because you are still not going to be in that league for decades to come.

Now, STFU and get lost...

You must be a very educated man with class I respect sir. I can't say more.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by lordimpaq(m): 8:15am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

MR Roundabout, you mean you can not show us anything apart from that village roundabout to reflect Akwa Ibom's largest budget in Nigeria?

You can not show me anything because there is nothing to show and I know this because I've been there several times. Even in your Uyo, once you get off the main road, it's nothing but village. You can even see the environment around the roundabout, na the same backward village..

Why should I even take a clown showing off with village roundabout in 2013 ?

smh...

Bros...give Uyo some credit, the place na fine place o...at least its also in Nigeria abi?

Afterall, there are also slums in Lagos, its better to be objective rather than getting at each others throat over which city is finer...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by slimfit1(m): 8:19am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Is this bridge in Okota Itire for rich people in a rich area too?

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhzB4bTBI/AAAAAAAAD38/Peu1-oRBADA/s1600/2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhyl5htwI/AAAAAAAAD30/HLE_dlEnuuY/s1600/3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://4.bp..com/_bDcpR_wJ7hk/S-qhqzRsZKI/AAAAAAAAD3s/8smEIBUATx0/s1600/4.jpg[/img]

Why are they always painting the bridges black and white for god sake Fashola stop that it doesn't look good doing that at all
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by lordimpaq(m): 8:20am On May 29, 2013
as long as the bridge serves it purpose...the colour doesn't matter.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by malc619(m): 8:22am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile ~ Slaying fools since 1906

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Kairoseki77: 8:24am On May 29, 2013
Lucasbalo: This is exactly why Nigeria will be a 3rd world country. It's because of that kind of thinking. The road that was constructed with public money need not be a toll road. Majority of the people that would use that road are not wealthy. You have to think about them too.

Lots of first world bridges built with public money are tolled.

Almost all of them actually.
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:26am On May 29, 2013
lordimpaq:

Bros...give Uyo some credit, the place na fine place o...at least its also in Nigeria abi?

Afterall, there are also slums in Lagos, its better to be objective rather than getting at each others throat over which city is finer...

I really don't give a damn about that village called Uyo and I talk about it only because the same attache isi ewu losers who are not even from Akwa Ibom love to throw Uyo in the mix every time they hear Lagos as if that village is all that.

We are talking about the same 30 years and counting onisha bridge bambiala beggars...

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 8:29am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

Why should I even take a clown showing off with village roundabout in 2013 ?

smh...

Mr Tinubu Zombie
So what can Fashola Show for all his Big budget
tolled roads and briges
Or are you telling me Lagos Is a metropolis cause of Tinubu and Fashola then i will know you need to see the doctor, Uyo is not a commercial capital, has no seaport, and is not a former capital of the country undecided
And your claiming Lagos is cool, remove Ikeja, VI, Lekki from the Lagos picture and tell me what it looks like - one mega slum, ( face me i face you houses collapsing daily and people killing people over 500 under the roofs) with Fashola working and creating jobs, the toll plaza streel lights function only at the plaza, after the plaza you drive in darkness from sandfill to the next one at tipper garadge grin grin another Tinubu ATM awaiting operation, keep deceiving yourself, if not for the , few reason Lagos is a Metropolis it would be no different from the other ACN states, where some schools use cement bags for shade ( tongue

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:33am On May 29, 2013
And while we are at it....

Shebi Fashola and the clown in Uyo enter office at the same time? Why not let us put on display their work and achievements side by side in vivid color?

That's if any of you Uyo villagers and isi ewu attache losers get liver..

Bring it on because I not only have your time, I'll disgrace you and the whole region combined...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 8:35am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile: And while we are at it....

Shebi Fashola and the clown in Uyo enter office at the same time? Why not let us put on display their work and achievements side by side in vivid color?

That's if any of you Uyo villagers and isi ewu attache losers get liver..

Bring it on because I not only have your time, I'll disgrace you and the whole region combined...

you cant reason normally cause your surrounded by overflowing gutters and foul odour which is a social amenity in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by taharqa2: 8:40am On May 29, 2013
ACN in Lagos is a Giant Business Venture headed by a ruthless Generalisso (their very Oga at d top, Baba T) and ran by a seeming competent Technocrat (Oga F). And true to any true Business setup, PROFIT for its 'shareholders' is the main Driving force..... So no surprises, talli talli

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Kairoseki77: 8:41am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol:

you cant reason normally cause your surrounded by overflowing gutters and foul odour which is a social amenity in Lagos

Hmmm....why were you in Lagos?

If it smells so bad, couldn't you have stayed in your village?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 8:44am On May 29, 2013
Kairoseki77:

The only part of Lagos where you can breathe a bit of fresh Air, VI, and Lekki - once i come in i do what i want and get out of that pollution time bomb

1 Like

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:46am On May 29, 2013
Kairoseki77:

That's if he's ever been to Lagos sef. Abi who shows of with roundabout in 2013? Unexposed villagers of course..
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by NonFarmPayrol: 8:50am On May 29, 2013
Eko Ile:

That's if he's ever been to Lagos sef. Abi who shows of with roundabout in 2013? Unexposed villagers of course..

unexposed villager, grin grin too bad you dont know who your talking with cry cry
there are many of my Yoruba Friends who came for service here and did not comeback to that waste Bin

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:52am On May 29, 2013
taharqa2: ACN in Lagos is a Giant Business Venture headed by a ruthless Generalisso (their very Oga at d top, Baba T) and ran by a seeming competent Technocrat (Oga F). And true to any true Business setup, PROFIT for its 'shareholders' is the main Driving force..... So no surprises, talli talli

Lagos is a business venture, but we end up with better and different infrastructures everyday, we commission projects everyday, we are progressing and developing while you come up with the silliest nonsense like your FG and your lazy village leaders are not doing anything because they don't want to turn their state's into businesses venture? So this is your excuse for backwardness?

You people don't even try to make sense no more..
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by Kairoseki77: 8:52am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol:

unexposed villager, grin grin too bad you dont know who your talking with cry cry
there are many of my Yoruba Friends who came for service here and did not comeback to that waste Bin

Where is your Second Niger Bridge?
Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:54am On May 29, 2013
Non Farm Payrol:

Mr Tinubu Zombie
So what can Fashola Show for all his Big budget
tolled roads and briges
Or are you telling me Lagos Is a metropolis cause of Tinubu and Fashola then i will know you need to see the doctor, Uyo is not a commercial capital, has no seaport, and is not a former capital of the country undecided
And your claiming Lagos is cool, remove Ikeja, VI, Lekki from the Lagos picture and tell me what it looks like - one mega slum, ( face me i face you houses collapsing daily and people killing people over 500 under the roofs) with Fashola working and creating jobs, the toll plaza streel lights function only at the plaza, after the plaza you drive in darkness from sandfill to the next one at tipper garadge grin grin another Tinubu ATM awaiting operation, keep deceiving yourself, if not for the , few reason Lagos is a Metropolis it would be no different from the other ACN states, where some schools use cement bags for shade ( tongue

So even spending more money than Lagos state, it's OK for them to still be so backward with nothing to show for it because they don't have seaport and all the other nonsense you listed?

So where is all that money? They've spent N539 Billion so far this year and the year is not even half way through because the clown got his rubber stamp house to approve N80 billion supplemental back in march or april. The ink on the 2013 budget wasn't even dry yet he's already asking for more billions, same thing he did last year when he asked for extra N125 billion.

And you dumb ass is acting happy and goofy with some silly roundabout. Lagos state with 20 million people doesn't have that kind of money, but they are still building more major and visionary projects than any state in Nigeria and even more than the FG with all their oil money...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge by EkoIle1: 8:55am On May 29, 2013
Kairoseki77:

Where is your Second Niger Bridge?

30 years and still begging .... smh..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari To NNPC: Search For Oil In Benue Trough / 2023: INEC Fixes Date To Resume Registration Of Voters / Court Jails James Pine, Benue Executive Secretary For Slapping Subordinate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.