Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:13 AM

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics (31467 Views)

Fashola Commissions Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge. PICS / Lagos Lawmakers Fault Tolling Of Lekki-ikoyi Link-bridge / Lekki - Ikoyi Link Bridge Construction Update - July 2010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2013

8 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Desola(f): 9:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Lovely!

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2013
This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by billante(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile: This looks so so better than many in Yankee gan sef.. Eko o ni baje o.

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!

109 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Garrithe1st: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
Very nice!!

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by TheBookWorm: 10:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hahaha

Eko Ile I normally like the pictures you post, but this one I cannot share in the celebration.

Toll booths bro? Celebrating toll booths? I guess I can't get away from these things! They are a necessary evil, but you wont see me celebrating this other form of taxation. lol

58 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by djustice: 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
See mumus paying tolls for a bridge built with their own money. Lagosians are the biggest mugus I know. Totally magalised.

50 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Abagworo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
I'm impressed. I hope this level of cleanliness is maintained.

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
This bridge was obviously built for the high-class neighbourhoods of Lekki Phase I and environs... People who can AFFORD to pay the toll.

I would have had issues if the bridge was built (and tolled) at Ayobo, Iyana-Ipaja, Agege, Ajegunle or Ikorodu.

It's a win-win as far as I see. The Lekki folks get the satisfaction of bypassing Ozumba traffic (leaving it less congested for others) and the government makes more money which can be used for other purposes.

Can't complain.

60 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
djustice: See mumus paying tolls for a bridge built with their own money. Lagosians are the biggest mugus I know. Totally magalised.
Its better to pay a token toll(Bottled coke and Gala money) to use a bridge that's convenient than not pay a toll and get stuck on River Niger bridge....I mean, so you can't pay N250 to avoid the traffic on Niger Bridge??. At least the people paying aint complaining cuz they aint broke and if you can't afford it, there's a cheaper route and a free route. If you aint careful, they'll charge you to look at the bridge....looks good, don't it? You seem bitter about the bridge, are you truely that concerned?? Enter Politics naa if you are.

15 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:19pm On Jun 02, 2013
billante:

Foolish human being! Celebrating slavery.....one day ur master will also tax you for sleeping with ur wife!

Backward villagers and enemies of progress, Abeg to away and stay gone. We pray in the name of Eledumare to keep you bad news and bad bele people out of our way while we progress and happily rejoice all across the great land of the SW.

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
TheBookWorm: Hahaha

Eko Ile I normally like the pictures you post, but this one I cannot share in the celebration.

Toll booths bro? Celebrating toll booths? I guess I can't get away from these things! They are a necessary evil, but you wont see me celebrating this other form of taxation. lol

Which one be all this headache and diarrhea? Then force or put a gun to your head to celebrate Abi we co join enter this world.
You people are like pests and saddists, nothing makes you happy, it's always anger and bad bele over common progress.

Smh....

11 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Inik(m): 10:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Pathetic celebration of slavery. Tinubu's toll gates looks beautiful sha cheesy

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

Backward villagers and enemies of progress, Abeg to away and stay gone. We pray in the name of Eledumare to keep you bad news and bad bele people out of our way while we progress and happily rejoice all across the great land of the SW.

This Bridge really pain some people ooo.....They're complaining more than the people that are to pay the toll. And I'm sure they aint going to use it.......Why?? Is it your money??

6 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
ALL THE ROADS IN LASGIDI SHOULD LOOK LIKE THE ONE ON THAT BRIDGE angry
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
.... I feel your pain, 30 years beg beg for common village river bridge gets very traumatic and.depressing.

Lmao..
Inik: Pathetic celebration of slavery. Tinubu's toll gates looks beautiful sha cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by TheBookWorm: 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

Which one be all this headache and diarrhea? Then force or put a gun to your head to celebrate Abi we co join enter this world.
You people are like pests and saddists, nothing makes you happy, it's always anger and bad bele over common progress.

Smh....

Why such anger at my post?

Where I am from, NO ONE celebrates toll booths. Actually, we dread them.

I guess toll booths are celebrated in Nigeria. grin

Well at least they look nice and new to take people hard earned money.

17 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
ba7man: This Bridge really pain some people ooo.....The people paying the toll aren't complaining but they are. And I'm sure they aint going to use it.......so why complain??

I know its all fun and laugh, but these villagers are in serious pain hence all the anger and sadness. But hey, they prefer beg beg and laziness instead of handling their own future and destiny.... Na.their akpu so make den chop am like that....

lmao....

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Sunnybobo3(m): 10:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
Looks more like a den of robbers
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by jmaine: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Wonderful celebration . . . Hallelujah sombori cheesy
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
TheBookWorm:

Why such anger at my post?

Where I am from, NO ONE celebrates toll booths. Actually, we dread them.

I guess toll booths are celebrated in Nigeria. grin

Well at least they look nice and new to take people hard earned money.

Why trouble your head over what they are not forcing you to do? Don't you have something better to do with instead of driving yourself crazy over other peoples business....? Abeg quit wasting my happy and joyous time..

We celebrate progress, not bad bele...

1 Like

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by teskyg: 10:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
EKO -Ile and his cohourts in LASG Establishment can celebrate this fraud of double taxation cos they will just wave the Identity card and allowed free access.I pay my tax every month and I still have to pay another toll to pass this fraud route.

14 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:39pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

I know its all fun and laugh, but these villagers are in serious pain hence all the anger and sadness. But hey, they prefer beg beg and laziness instead of handling their own future and destiny.... Na.their akpu so make den chop am like that....

lmao....
You want fine infrastructure and you don't want to pay for it?? In this Country?? That's why some wait on the FG, i get it now.....U go wait tire.

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
ba7man: You want fine infrastructure and you don't want to pay for it?? In this Country?? That's why some wait on the FG, i get it now.....

This concept is unknown to unexposed villagers so its quiet understandable..

2 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
ba7man: [size=28pt]You want fine infrastructure and you don't want to pay for it?? In this Country?? That's why some wait on the FG, i get it now.....U go wait tire.[/size]

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by TheBookWorm: 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

Why trouble your head over what they are not forcing you to do? Don't you have something better to do with instead of driving yourself crazy over other peoples business....? Abeg quit wasting my happy and joyous time..

We celebrate progress, not bad bele...

I guess you get a cut in the profit from these toll booths. It pays your salary bro? grin

I would be celebrating as well Mr. Eko Ile if I was you. This is indeed progress! Funny people some Nigerians are...

15 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
teskyg: EKO -Ile and his cohourts in LASG Establishment can celebrate this fraud of double taxation cos they will just wave the Identity card and allowed free access.I pay my tax every month and I still have to pay another toll to pass this fraud route.

The tax system is also designed to de-populate Lagos State. Other states are more tax friendly.....you could try them.

5 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by kelvincoll(m): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
ba7man: You want fine infrastructure and you don't want to pay for it?? In this Country?? That's why some wait on the FG, i get it now.....U go wait tire.

You mean this is what "Government for the people" should be all about now?

8 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
ba7man: You want fine infrastructure and you don't want to pay for it?? In this Country?? That's why some wait on the FG, i get it now.....U go wait tire.

They are all lazy, incompetent and disabled so I see them waiting for another 30 years...... Bambiala people..

lmoa..

3 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by billante(m): 10:49pm On Jun 02, 2013

Mumu u hav already paid for it!! That's if u are old enough or employed to be paying tax, cause I can see u are jobless or still in being spoon fed by ur parents

US govt can never use tax payers money to build a bridge and still toll it again! They will only allow a toll on a road if it was constructed on a concessionaire basis to recoup investment!

18 Likes

Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by EkoIle1: 10:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
kelvincoll:

You mean this is what "Government for the people" should be all about now?

The government of the people is responsible for the provision of infrastructures and the people's responsibility is to pay.for the infrastructures.

Where do you think this money is going? Is not going to fund other infrastructures in other areas of the state even far away from this bridge and its primary users..

Please let's get real...
Re: The Toll Booths At The New Ikoyi Link Bridge.pics by ba7man(m): 10:54pm On Jun 02, 2013
billante:

Mumu u hav already paid for it!! That's if u are old enough or employed to be paying tax, cause I can see u are jobless or still in being spoon fed by ur parents

US govt can never use tax payers money to build a bridge and still toll it again! They will only allow a toll on a road if it was constructed on a concessionaire basis to recoup investment!
Now who sounds like the child out of you and I?? Already resulting to insults as if you grew up in an abusive home, very immature of you. I am self-employed and I'm a co-owner in a registered company. The tax paid is what makes Lagos the State with the highest IGR. Play your part or get lost.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Anambra Has Over 1 Billion Barrels Of Oil & 30 Trillion Cubic Ft Of Gas - Obiano / Governor Ayo Fayose And His Mother At His Chieftaincy Ceremony (Photos) / Buhari Signs 2019 Finance Bill Into Law, VAT Now 7.5%

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.