Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

Happy Democracy Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Democracy Day (4376 Views)

Happy Democracy Day/handover: What Are Your Prayers & Wishes For The President? / Happy Democracy Day! / Happy Democracy Day Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 10:13am On May 29, 2013
GenBuhari: Do you call this a democracy?

Do you call General Buhari's military regime democracy?
Re: Happy Democracy Day by zaheeddomah: 10:18am On May 29, 2013
On this day In 1999, Democracy was introduced to Nigeria.
It was not a coincidence, it was the culmination of efforts of some Well Meaning Nigerians;
some who are now heroes of the past(RIP).
But some Greedy ones have now Hijacked it, making Democracy in Nigeria a Mockery.
As we said in 1999, we should embrace Democracy with hope of a better Nigeria
and resolve to all play a positive role in the consolidation of our Unity because this is our only Country for now.
I remain my humble self;, with the status quo of a citizen of Nigeria at the Moment, with hopes of a better Country in the future.
Happy Democracy Day To Well-meaning NIGERIANS!
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Mamiya(m): 10:29am On May 29, 2013
Same to you wonderful people grin

Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 10:45am On May 29, 2013
Who is chinua achebe?
Stegomiah: “Nigeria is what it is because its leaders are not what they should be.” – Chinua Achebe
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 10:53am On May 29, 2013
A Happy Democracy Day to you!
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Ndyoo(m): 11:04am On May 29, 2013
If you are a Nigerian? Expat,at home,emigrant,refugee,exiled and you have lost your voice on our society-ills. Today is a day to find it again. Speak,criticize,demonstrate the kind of paper democracy we have here.

It doesn't cost much to be a democrat.

Our collective urine would foam from individual contributions, maybe not today but eventually the Nigeria you so dream about,the vision 2020 would be reality.

What do they say about the hen and her chicks? Scratch scratch and she will feed them. Nigeria needs to be fed from that scratch. Well-fed so we can have it as our home - where my belonging is least contested and where I care the deepest(C.N ADICHIE).

Happy Democracy Day...

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day by Youngsage: 11:10am On May 29, 2013
I am not happy. Now that Jonathan has changed UNILAG to Chinua Achebe University Lagos (C.A.U)LAG (Cowlag), how will i be happy today
Re: Happy Democracy Day by searay(m): 11:22am On May 29, 2013
Happy Democracy day! Enjoy!

Re: Happy Democracy Day by emijoe(m): 11:25am On May 29, 2013
Dis is lovely
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Revolva(m): 1:10pm On May 29, 2013
grin grin WHO CARES..HOW DOES TODAY DEMOCRACY DAY REDUCE THE PRICE OF FOOD IN THE MARKET grin grin angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day by beejay4all(m): 2:00pm On May 29, 2013
Any way u call dis day.is called 4 celebration tink about if 9ja is in d hand of iron man miltary.All dsame hapi Demoracy 9ja wishing u LLLNPP.
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Brimmie(m): 2:29pm On May 29, 2013
Rather than wish Nigerians happy democracy day, I'll congratulate you for being a successful government to yourselves, family and community.

>You build or rent a house and put a burglary proof, that has made you a police to your family.
>You dig a borehole to have steady water supply, that has made you a family water board.
>If you purchase a generating set, solar panel or inverter You have usurped the duty PHCN..
>Alot of ppl ve died all in the name of Boko Haram and Terrorism yet u're still alive.. it shows you're the Chief of Army staff on your own.

Now tell me if that does not qualify one to be a government.

HAPPY SURVIVAL DAY FELLOW CITIZEN.

Today is a period of sober reflection in our dear great Nation, Nigeria.
It is time for all of us to cry to God! Enough of these suffering.
Is this your dream of a Nation?
14years of Madness call Demo-Crazy. Enough of all these political blood suckers & Vampires. Nigeria has lost so many meaningful lives in the last 14 years than she lost in the Civil War.

Wake Up Nigerians!!!

Let say No to Bad Governance!!!
No to Bad Leadership!!!
No to Bad Representatives !!!
No to Poverty!!!
No to Corruption!!!
No to Political Boko Haram!!!
WE NEED CHANGE!!!

If you believe in this, please kindly share on every social networks until it gets to at list 80% Nigerians.

Thank you!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day by Wadynatural(f): 2:31pm On May 29, 2013
~Bluetooth:

Democracy died a long time ago in Nigeria maybe since when june 12 was truncated.All we have now are the hooligans of those days in the Army re-incarnate and taken over Nigeria's plutocracy.

What sort of democracy grants amnesty to identified political thievies and send ordinary citizens to long jail term for stealing phones,goats and pennies ?

What sort of democracy can't guarantee safety of lives of citizens ?

What sort of democracy oppress oppositions ?

What sort of democracy victimise federating states simply because they disagree with the president ?

What sort of democracy can't give people basic necessities of life ?

What sort of democracy spend much on the government while the poor people languish in abject poverty ?

Fela had said it,Africans should do and practice what work best for them instead of practicisng a borrowed concept that hasn't added any value to the quality of their lives.Let's stop this demonstration of craze !

nice speech dear.
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 3:25pm On May 29, 2013
[size=18pt]This has got to be a cruel evil joke on Nigerians .

That Thief Obasanjo, the man that institutionalised our present day corruption and our fake democracy, should name the day he was "elected" in flawed elections, as Democracy Day, must mean the man was mocking us angry [/size]
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 3:35pm On May 29, 2013
Perhaps today should be named survival day.

This Biafran song "Happy Survival" seems almost appropriate for the suffering masses of Nigeria under today's fake democracy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjvWBAzMFf0

Brimmie: Rather than wish Nigerians happy democracy day, I'll congratulate you for being a successful government to yourselves, family and community.

>You build or rent a house and put a burglary proof, that has made you a police to your family.
>You dig a borehole to have steady water supply, that has made you a family water board.
>If you purchase a generating set, solar panel or inverter You have usurped the duty PHCN..
>Alot of ppl ve died all in the name of Boko Haram and Terrorism yet u're still alive.. it shows you're the Chief of Army staff on your own.

Now tell me if that does not qualify one to be a government.

HAPPY SURVIVAL DAY FELLOW CITIZEN.

Today is a period of sober reflection in our dear great Nation, Nigeria.
It is time for all of us to cry to God! Enough of these suffering.
Is this your dream of a Nation?
14years of Madness call Demo-Crazy. Enough of all these political blood suckers & Vampires. Nigeria has lost so many meaningful lives in the last 14 years than she lost in the Civil War.

Wake Up Nigerians!!!

Let say No to Bad Governance!!!
No to Bad Leadership!!!
No to Bad Representatives !!!
No to Poverty!!!
No to Corruption!!!
No to Political Boko Haram!!!
WE NEED CHANGE!!!

If you believe in this, please kindly share on every social networks until it gets to at list 80% Nigerians.

Thank you!
LONG LIVE NIGERIA!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy Democracy Day by Yusluv77(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2013
Nigeria born a baby in 1999, his name is
DEMOCRACY. This baby sat for a WAEC.
Kindly look at his WAEC result in all his
nine subjects:
POVERTY. B2
EDUCATION E8
GOOD ECONOMY. F9
UNEMPLOYMENT. A1
SECURITY. F9
GOOD GOVERNANCE. F9
AGRICULTURE D7
CORRUPTION. A1
ELECTION MALPRACTICE. A1
Can a good parent still celebrate the
performance of this poor boy? To me ooo, I
don't think this DEMOCRACY result worth
of celebration yet... What about you ? Is dis
result okay by _U ?
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 29, 2013
He did not even bother studying for Infrastructural Development
Yusluv77: Nigeria born a baby in 1999, his name is
DEMOCRACY. This baby sat for a WAEC.
Kindly look at his WAEC result in all his
nine subjects:
POVERTY. B2
EDUCATION E8
GOOD ECONOMY. F9
UNEMPLOYMENT. A1
SECURITY. F9
GOOD GOVERNANCE. F9
AGRICULTURE D7
CORRUPTION. A1
ELECTION MALPRACTICE. A1
Can a good parent still celebrate the
performance of this poor boy? To me ooo, I
don't think this DEMOCRACY result worth
of celebration yet... What about you ? Is dis
result okay by _U ?
Re: Happy Democracy Day by diamond002: 5:09pm On May 29, 2013
Nigeria born a baby in 1999, his name is DEMOCRACY. This baby sat for a WAEC. Kindly look at his WAEC result in all his nine subjects:
POVERTY. B2
EDUCATION E8
GOOD ECONOMY. F9
UNEMPLOYMENT. A1
SECURITY. F9
GOOD GOVERNANCE. F9
AGRICULTURE D7
CORRUPTION. A1
ELECTION MALPRACTICE. A1

Can a good parent still celebrate the performance of this poor boy? To me ooo, I don't think this DEMOCRACY result worth of celebration yet... What about you ? Is dis result okay by _U ?
Re: Happy Democracy Day by lorddarshwood(m): 5:24pm On May 29, 2013
Rather than wishing Nigerians happy democracy day, I'll congratulate you for being a successful government to yourselves, family and community. Don't ask me why, but in case you wonder why, it's quite simply to understand.
You build or rent a house and put a burglary proof, that has made you a police to your family. You dig a borehole to have steady water supply, that has made you a family water board. If you purchase a generating set, solar panel or inverter You have usurped the duty PHCN.. Alot of ppl ve died all in d name of Boko Haram and Terrorism yet u're still alive it shows u're d Chief of Army staff on ur own. Now tell me if that does not qualify one to be a government
HAPPY SURVIVAL DAY FELLOW CITIZENS!!!!!
Re: Happy Democracy Day by Nobody: 5:54pm On May 29, 2013
lord_darshwood: Rather than wishing Nigerians happy democracy day, I'll congratulate you for being a successful government to yourselves, family and community. Don't ask me why, but in case you wonder why, it's quite simply to understand.
You build or rent a house and put a burglary proof, that has made you a police to your family. You dig a borehole to have steady water supply, that has made you a family water board. If you purchase a generating set, solar panel or inverter You have usurped the duty PHCN.. Alot of ppl ve died all in d name of Boko Haram and Terrorism yet u're still alive it shows u're d Chief of Army staff on ur own. Now tell me if that does not qualify one to be a government
HAPPY SURVIVAL DAY FELLOW CITIZENS!!!!!

grin grin grin Marvellous!
Re: Happy Democracy Day by engkorede(m): 8:58pm On May 29, 2013
Nothing to celebrate it with, What a boring holiday! Even though the so called democracy is still yet to take the country to it's promise land.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Mr. Ogbeni Is Calling Workers "Olori Buruku / Ombaste/fulani Clash: Alakio Village Under Attack / Breaking News!: I May Expose Buhari -IBB*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.