Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,020 members, 7,821,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:58 PM

CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati (10201 Views)

Only A Brainless Person Will Say An Army General Has No WASC Certificate - El-ru / Dr Fashakin Arrested By SSS / CPC's Fashakin Replies Reuben Abati (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Maxymilliano(m): 7:40am On May 29, 2013
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, has described the spokesperson of the opposition Congress for Progressive Change as a medieval-era ignoramus and brainless individual.

In a statement Tuesday night, Mr. Abati was unsparing of Mr. Fashakin who had earlier issued a statement condemning President Goodluck Jonathan for missing his speaking slot at the just-concluded African Union summit in Addis Ababa.

The CPC spokesperson had also accused the president of instigating the crisis in the Nigeria Governors' Forum.

But in responding to Mr. Fashakin's criticism of his boss, an ostensibly angry Mr. Abati poured invectives on the CPC spokesperson describing him as a silly, hideous and second rate character whose family should be ashamed of.

He described him as a disruptive character with a mental indolence that has left him with a deep character flaw.

Read the full statement below.

We are dealing with such hideous and second rate characters in Nigeria's public space, belonging to the ACN and the CPC, and that other would-be disaster-prone mongrel called APC that they won't even respect the truth. The prize for being silly in this regard must go to one Rotimi Fashakin who describes himself as the National Publicity Secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

He is an arm-chair critic per excellence and a medieval-era ignoramus.

In a release titled "President Jonathan's AU summit gaffe" (May 28) Rotimi displayed such habitual indolence and brainlessness that his heirs must be eternally ashamed of, and which I consider offensive and needlessly disruptive. His subject is the just-ended AU @ 50 summit in Addis Ababa.

I invite more cerebral and decent persons to consider the facts. President Jonathan as the leader of the Nigerian delegation to the AU summit in Addis Ababa and the 50th anniversary of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) indeed put up a sterling performance, using the opportunity of the trip to further promote Nigeria's interests and to strengthen Nigeria's relationships with other countries. He held bilateral meetings with the UN Secretary General and the leaders of Jamaica, Egypt, Swaziland, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire. He granted interviews to the media, local and international. He also participated in a special session on HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, at which he invited other world leaders to the Abuja+12 conference to be hosted in Nigeria, mid-June. President Jonathan is an accomplished diplomat and a responsible leader under whose watch, Nigeria's foreign policy process and international relations have been strengthened with commendable results.

Fashakin, failing to do minimal research that any right-thinking person would attempt, jumps to the conclusion that President Jonathan missed his slot at the AU and that nobody represented him. This is more than 48 hours after I had issued a statement indicating that no slot was missed. Fashakin must be so busy he doesn't even bother to read the news. No slot was missed because no country was under any compulsion to speak. Any country that wished to make a statement indicated the interest to do so, by pressing the button at its own convenience. Nigeria had indicated an interest to speak, but the President needed to attend an urgent ECOWAS meeting on the Lagos-Abidjan Highway, to be attended by five West African countries, to take a report by the Nigerian Minister of Works who is the chair of the regional inter-Ministerial body on the proposed Lagos-Abidjan Highway. I have since circulated the conclusions of that meeting.

While President Jonathan was attending that meeting, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, the Minister of Foreign Affairs presented our statement to the OAU at 50 on President Jonathan's behalf. I have also since circulated the full text of that statement. In other words, Nigeria's voice was heard, loud and clear. Let it be noted that President Jonathan's attendance of a meeting on the sidelines of the AU Summit was perfectly in order, and he attended quite a number, just as Minister Ashiru was not the only Foreign Minister who spoke on behalf of a President at the Summit. So where did Fashakin get his information from that nobody represented Nigeria?

The nature of his mental indolence is understandable. In this attempt to pull President Jonathan down at all costs, lies have become standard stuff, mischief a major commodity, and indecency a character flaw. President Jonathan does not owe anyone an apology for serving Nigeria diligently and truthfully.

Fashakin's reference to an incident in Australia is also wrong-headed because the allegation is false. In fact, in Australia, President Jonathan met with a broad range of investors in the mining sector and that has resulted in huge investments in the Nigerian mining sector. I consider the insinuation about inebriation, in Fashakin's statement, amplified by his paid agents in other fora, as utterly disrespectful and foolish. They can't certainly be talking about a President who is a well-focused man of achievement.

By the same token, I consider the reference to Governor Rotimi Amaechi and the Nigeria Governors' Forum in that statement as a red herring. Again, I advise Fashakin to read the newspapers so he can be abreast of developments, the only way he can get close to being an effective spokesperson. I had made it clear that President Jonathan has no hand in the Governors Forum crisis, and we stand by that position.

Our case is not rested. When next Fashakin comes to the public with unintelligent thoughts about President Jonathan, it shall remain our duty to continue to remind him of the need to think before talking.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305290058.html

32 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Gamji007: 8:20am On May 29, 2013
Abati is a product of same sex marriage - Says Femi Fani Kayode

grin

Its so unfortunate the kind of vulga and irresponsible words emanating from 'elders' in our society, especially from the presidency. People that we,the youths should look up to as role models happen to be vagabons sad. Even the president saying words that should be censored on a National broadcast (I don't give a damn), Haba!

With this kind of comments,I advise parents to make sure newspapers are kept out of reach of children.

34 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Nobody: 8:39am On May 29, 2013
Fantastic. That is the only language those LIARS understand. Abati, pls give them more doses of their own medicine

27 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by takedat(m): 8:53am On May 29, 2013
Abati with his usual, crude and aggressive rebuttals characterised with abuses and innuendos. If he isn't referring to Nigerian youths as a "Collective Children of Anger" or telling Nigerians who are against granting pardon to ex-cons as displaying "Sophisticated Ignorance". There is nothing Presidential in most of his long epistle for a presidential spokesperson!! sad

27 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Nobody: 8:55am On May 29, 2013
I see Abati has gone on the offensive again, denigrating someone else's family lineage.

But in responding to Mr. Fashakin's criticism of his boss, an ostensibly angry Mr. Abati poured invectives on the CPC spokesperson describing him as a silly, hideous and second rate character whose family should be ashamed of.

Anyone recall his spat with Dele Momodu?

Reuben I see today is a shadow, a pitiable sight, of the old Reuben. 'Reuben's crass crudity in his response to my last articlewas cruel to have brought my dear and innocent wife, Mobolaji, into the whitewash of his boss'. '

His friends are grumbling aloud that this is not the Reuben they used to know'. 'I have been one of his sympathizers'.

'His employers are suspecting that he's worried for his battered reputation'. 'They need not worry because our friend has crossed the Rubicon. He's at a point of no return'.

'why would Reuben ever drag my wife (a woman who had fed us all in our poverty-stricken days) in the mud? My wife and I voted in different Wards within the same school. Why won't a wife I married properly vote for me?...

I would want Reuben to tell the world if indeed he and his two wives voted for President Jonathan'. 'this is what power does to otherwise sensible men? How would posterity remember Reuben? I guess: A man who voluntarily set fire to everything he ever wrote. Shame!'

Enuff said.

13 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by taharqa2: 8:55am On May 29, 2013
Hehehehe... See finishing!!! And quite appropiate, too... The remarkable tin bout dis fiery rejoinder of Abati's is his ability to also substantiali destroy d Basics of d arguments of Fashakin ie laying bare the fallacies, half-truths and falsehoods of Fashakin's release, whilst mercilessly putting him in his place ... Fanstatiscal!!

4 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Seum(f): 9:00am On May 29, 2013
I love Abati.
Chai, see as he use grammar finish this man

8 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Reptyle(m): 9:13am On May 29, 2013
Maxymilliano: The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Reuben Abati, has described the spokesperson of the opposition Congress for Progressive Change as a medieval-era ignoramus and brainless individual.

In a statement Tuesday night, Mr. Abati was unsparing of Mr. Fashakin who had earlier issued a statement condemning President Goodluck Jonathan for missing his speaking slot at the just-concluded African Union summit in Addis Ababa.

The CPC spokesperson had also accused the president of instigating the crisis in the Nigeria Governors' Forum.

He described him as a disruptive character with a mental indolence that has left him with a deep character flaw.

Read the full statement below.

We are dealing with such hideous and second rate characters in Nigeria's public space, belonging to the ACN and the CPC, and that other would-be disaster-prone mongrel called APC that they won't even respect the truth. The prize for being silly in this regard must go to one Rotimi Fashakin who describes himself as the National Publicity Secretary of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC).

He is an arm-chair critic per excellence and a medieval-era ignoramus.

In a release titled "President Jonathan's AU summit gaffe" (May 28) Rotimi displayed such habitual indolence and brainlessness that his heirs must be eternally ashamed of, and which I consider offensive and needlessly disruptive. His subject is the just-ended AU @ 50 summit in Addis Ababa.

I invite more cerebral and decent persons to consider the facts. President Jonathan as the leader of the Nigerian delegation to the AU summit in Addis Ababa and the 50th anniversary of the Organization of African Unity (OAU) indeed put up a sterling performance, using the opportunity of the trip to further promote Nigeria's interests and to strengthen Nigeria's relationships with other countries. He held bilateral meetings with the UN Secretary General and the leaders of Jamaica, Egypt, Swaziland, Ghana, Cote D'Ivoire. He granted interviews to the media, local and international. He also participated in a special session on HIV/AIDS, malaria and tuberculosis, at which he invited other world leaders to the Abuja+12 conference to be hosted in Nigeria, mid-June. President Jonathan is an accomplished diplomat and a responsible leader under whose watch, Nigeria's foreign policy process and international relations have been strengthened with commendable results.

Fashakin, failing to do minimal research that any right-thinking person would attempt, jumps to the conclusion that President Jonathan missed his slot at the AU and that nobody represented him. This is more than 48 hours after I had issued a statement indicating that no slot was missed. Fashakin must be so busy he doesn't even bother to read the news. No slot was missed because no country was under any compulsion to speak. Any country that wished to make a statement indicated the interest to do so, by pressing the button at its own convenience. Nigeria had indicated an interest to speak, but the President needed to attend an urgent ECOWAS meeting on the Lagos-Abidjan Highway, to be attended by five West African countries, to take a report by the Nigerian Minister of Works who is the chair of the regional inter-Ministerial body on the proposed Lagos-Abidjan Highway. I have since circulated the conclusions of that meeting.

While President Jonathan was attending that meeting, Ambassador Olugbenga Ashiru, the Minister of Foreign Affairs presented our statement to the OAU at 50 on President Jonathan's behalf. I have also since circulated the full text of that statement. In other words, Nigeria's voice was heard, loud and clear. Let it be noted that President Jonathan's attendance of a meeting on the sidelines of the AU Summit was perfectly in order, and he attended quite a number, just as Minister Ashiru was not the only Foreign Minister who spoke on behalf of a President at the Summit. So where did Fashakin get his information from that nobody represented Nigeria?

The nature of his mental indolence is understandable. In this attempt to pull President Jonathan down at all costs, lies have become standard stuff, mischief a major commodity, and indecency a character flaw. President Jonathan does not owe anyone an apology for serving Nigeria diligently and truthfully.

Fashakin's reference to an incident in Australia is also wrong-headed because the allegation is false. In fact, in Australia, President Jonathan met with a broad range of investors in the mining sector and that has resulted in huge investments in the Nigerian mining sector. I consider the insinuation about inebriation, in Fashakin's statement, amplified by his paid agents in other fora, as utterly disrespectful and foolish. They can't certainly be talking about a President who is a well-focused man of achievement.

By the same token, I consider the reference to Governor Rotimi Amaechi and the Nigeria Governors' Forum in that statement as a red herring. Again, I advise Fashakin to read the newspapers so he can be abreast of developments, the only way he can get close to being an effective spokesperson. I had made it clear that President Jonathan has no hand in the Governors Forum crisis, and we stand by that position.

Our case is not rested. When next Fashakin comes to the public with unintelligent thoughts about President Jonathan, it shall remain our duty to continue to remind him of the need to think before talking.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305290058.html

Did Abati write this or simply put his signature at the bottom of a release issued by Doyin Okupe? grin Anyway, I'm waiting for Fashakin's response. Something tells me it will be a very good read.

3 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Reptyle(m): 9:22am On May 29, 2013
Oh! By the way, can Abati tell us if the other foreign ministers that spoke for their Presidents at the AU event did so because their principals were also attending "side meetings" during the plenary. How important were these side meetings that the President would cede a scheduled speech to an aide while he attends a side meeting?

Incidentally, these are the kinds of questions that the Abati I used to know would ask in his popular weekend column in the Guardian Newspaper.

Is there something about working for the Nigerian establishment that diminishes ones ability to reason intelligently and ask vital questions?

9 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by gregg2: 9:23am On May 29, 2013
Oh boy, Abati dey vex.

But seriously, party image making we see from the likes of Fashakin and Liar Muhammed thrives on lies, lies and more lies.

12 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Wendyslim(f): 9:26am On May 29, 2013
Okay ooooo. Am coming back to comment cheesy cheesy tongue
Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by SlyIg(f): 9:32am On May 29, 2013
So so childish!

2 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by IleIfe2(m): 9:32am On May 29, 2013
Abati dey para grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by gregg2: 9:35am On May 29, 2013
take dat: Abati with his usual, crude and aggressive rebuttals characterised with abuses and innuendos. If he isn't referring to Nigerian youths as a "Collective Children of Anger" or telling Nigerians who are against granting pardon to ex-cons as displaying "Sophisticated Ignorance". There is nothing Presidential in most of his long epistle for a presidential spokesperson!! sad

Shut up my friend! There is no better way to contain the baggage of lies and disinformation from the likes of Fashakin and Liar Muhammed. Those guys will sell off your principal with their fabricated lies if you play gentlemanly with them.

5 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by ballabriggs: 9:36am On May 29, 2013
Abati is a product of a homo relationship, so says Femi Fani Kayode. Abati is trying real hard to justify his pay and so I understand where he is coming from.

Man must wack now, abi no be so?

You can tell from the rubbish he penned above that Abati is a very insecure human at the moment. I can also see he has been reading Nairaland lately as most of the questions I asked about Jona's drunken meeting were answered in that statement albeit not convincingly. To these m0r0ns anyone who questions Jona's drunkenness must be from the "opposition"? Chai Chineke ekwela inhe ojo.

2 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by awodman: 9:40am On May 29, 2013
Reptyle: Oh! By the way, can Abati tell us if the other foreign ministers that spoke for their Presidents at the AU event did so because their principals were also attending "side meetings" during the plenary. How important were these side meetings that the President would cede a scheduled speech to an aide while he attends a side meeting?

Incidentally, these are the kinds of questions that the Abati I used to know would ask in his popular weekend column in the Guardian Newspaper.

Is there something about working for the Nigerian establishment that diminishes ones ability to reason intelligently and ask vital questions?

If you did bother to read through you will have known that Abati clearly answered your questions...
1. Nigeria at its own FREE WILL decided to participate in the debate.SO IT WAS NEVER COMPULSORY...

2.The sideline meeting was basically on the LAGOS-ABIDJAN highway...and you will agree with me that it is quite important

3.Outcomes of this sideline meeting was circulated

4 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by homesteady(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2013
LOL!! Brutality!!

Some people are condemning him now!! But when FFK called him a product of same-sex marriage, you people were happy!! Well, I don't expect Faskin to reply!! This abati statement 'll shut his mouth for like a year or more!! LOOOOL!!

5 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by jhydebaba(m): 9:43am On May 29, 2013
I heard from a source that presi don shayo when e reach e turn lipsrsealed

Oga Rooney, u've got a job to do jare, finish them but hope Oga won't come out tomorrow to say another thing

3 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by jmaine: 9:46am On May 29, 2013
[size=16pt]Abati is a very mean man . Dishing it very hot as ever . grin.[/size]

4 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by baslone: 9:47am On May 29, 2013
GEJ is just making this job too hard for Abati!

Ogogoro nah bad thing o!!!!

4 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by takedat(m): 9:48am On May 29, 2013
gregg2:

Shut up my friend. There is no better way to contain the baggage of lies and disinformation from the likes of Fashakin and Liar Muhammed. Those guys will sell off your principal with their fabricated lies if you play gentlemanly with them.
And the only way a clumsy ill-mannered child like yourself can express his own opinion is to tell another commentator to shut up? Pig!

3 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by eherbal(m): 9:48am On May 29, 2013
The frustrations of the Jonathan govt and cabinet is becoming evident by the minute. Intolerant they've become that they can't stomach constructive criticism, even be it an aggressive one, there are rules of engagement based on decorum and tact. Abati has fallen to the deepest abyss of rascality(sic) and hooliganism. How did he get to be this way, is a big mystery to me. He's made nonsense of his career and reputation.

2 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by chumakk: 9:53am On May 29, 2013
What is the different btw this 'spokepersons' and schoolboys fighting on the ground?

2 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2013
Meehhhn! dis Abati's uppercut nor be hia oo! Dis one na 4 hit-combo, grin brb *rushes out 2 go buy coke & popcorn*

3 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by thirty(m): 9:54am On May 29, 2013
gregg2: Oh boy, Abati dey vex.
But seriously, party image making we see from the likes of Fashakin and Liar Muhammed thrives on lies, lies and more lies.
may i ask this questions.
Did Mr Fashkin observed and print the news in the media. Or the observers and the organisers are also liar as well?
Secondly, since Okupe, Maku and Abati has been telling lie about the acheivement of Mr President, how many people came out and insult them?

1 Like

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by arcis: 9:55am On May 29, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Fantastic. That is the only language those LIARS understand. Abati, pls give them more doses of their own medicine

I pity u bro! I hope u hav bin paid?

4 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Nobody: 9:56am On May 29, 2013
Abati has the lethal audacity to ramshackle the political trypanosomiatic nematodes of the APC clan who spend more time sleeping than reading before commenting. No one has the right to insult my President.

FRESH AIR!

3 Likes

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by Nobody: 9:57am On May 29, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah................ thumbs up abati

1 Like

Re: CPC’s Fashakin Is A Brainless Ignoramus - Abati by taharqa2: 9:59am On May 29, 2013
e-herbal:
The frustrations of the Jonathan govt and cabinet is becoming evident by the minute. Intolerant they've become that they can't stomach constructive criticism, even be it an aggressive one, there are rules of engagement based on decorum and tact. Abati has fallen to the deepest abyss of rascality(sic) and hooliganism. How did he get to be this way, is a big mystery to me. He's made nonsense of his career and reputation.
Come on, SHUT UP that mouth of yrs tha, joor. This is the CORE of the mata: how can an AU Conference where Nigeria practicali wrote much of d Conference's Agenda (including almost singlehandedly inserting d Saharewi Independence issue back to the main Agenda) be called a 'flop' in respect of Nigeria's participatn by any stretch? How can a Conference in which Nigeria secured the auanimous backing of ALL 53 countries of d AU for its candidancy as a nonPermanent memba of d UN Security Council for anoda 2 yrs afta just leaving that seat just more than a year ago (an UNPRECEDENTED development that hv never occurrd to the best of my knowledge, and one with huge diplomatic advantages for the country going forward, apart from showing sm deft Diplomatic teeth/capacity in murky waters of Africa's continental politics) be said to be a 'flop'? How can an AU conference where Nigeria succeeded in getting endorsements for sm of her candidates for sm Continential and International/UN institutions be called a 'flop'? How can a Conference in which d President was courted by diff personalities and Presidents from both within Africa and Outside (the UN Secretary General, US Sec of State, Presidents of Jamaica, Egypt, Swaziland, etc) such that the President had sm of d busiest side meetings in d conference, be said to be a 'flop', etc etc? How can such a Conference be described as a 'flop' and an 'embarassment' by any sane person just cos of d inability of d President to deliver a mere speech in pleniary cos of sm oda engagements and sm unfortunate miscommunicatns bw officials- a speech that was by d way delivered by d Foreign Minister, a usual diplomatic traditional of many countries in such circumstance, including Nigeria, from time immemorial? Just how? ...Hv you read dat release by Fashakin? Did it mk any bit of sense to you? Couldn't he hv just askd why d President missd that one speech, in stead of engaging in sophistry bout matas that he is obviously severely ignorant of and disgracing himself so doing??.. NO bros, Fashakin got just what he deserved, pressed down, shaken over and well delivered. And for that I thank Abati

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking News!!!! Professor Jega Resigned As Inec Chairman / Several Gun Shots In Onitsha / Ambode Won’t Probe Fashola – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.