Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,987 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:50 PM

The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) (33706 Views)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M / A Police Station In Benue State (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by FreeWill01: 3:18pm On May 29, 2013
Imo State University shaaaa....

toriade:

Bros, you be graduate so?
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 29, 2013
A tree of that magnitude cannot fall without someone cutting it from its base. Except it was a huge branch that fell.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by 4bright: 3:54pm On May 29, 2013
may God protect his children.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by nbisi: 3:57pm On May 29, 2013
Well is a pity dat dey lost their lives as a result of the tree falling...It is time for all community chiefs along that axis to start negotiating bring some of these Trees down..still have them much along that axis including my village in Abia state...
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Pdizzle(m): 3:59pm On May 29, 2013
Jcob: something must kill a man. May we never die young!
Amen
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by UyiIredia(m): 4:05pm On May 29, 2013
Big tree. Which accounts for why how some unfortunate people couldn't escape its deadly crush.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Lordjunta(m): 4:06pm On May 29, 2013
toriade:

Bros, you be graduate so?
yes, i am.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 4:26pm On May 29, 2013
Y imo state yyyy sad
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Samelfisha(m): 4:29pm On May 29, 2013
[quote author=nadia_SA]Y imo state yyyy there gods must be crazy sad
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by iamdsam: 4:41pm On May 29, 2013
How can one verify this story
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Dayjhihannon01(m): 4:43pm On May 29, 2013
Amadioha123: It's unfortunate that this tree killed abt 31 persons and injured abt 16 others. IMO state is filled with so much trees and bushes even around people's homes. Lets learn from this and cut down those forest near us today.
31 ke Dats damn much... That tree needs amnesty.....
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Dayjhihannon01(m): 4:46pm On May 29, 2013
iamdsam: How can one verify this story
Hear query... Google no dey your fone?? And I tink dat place has an accessible road.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Yseone(m): 4:48pm On May 29, 2013
@LordJunta which yr ws that in Sara Hostel cos i stayed there in 2007.....we might be friends oooo.wats ur real name n contacts? Am Jackson aka Yseone 08063979258
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by danjalingo: 5:03pm On May 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THis is the wrath of the forest spirits for abandoning the religion of the land. THey should have performed sacrifce to that tree.
r u a pegan 2?
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by snthesis(m): 5:05pm On May 29, 2013
dahonestboss: How did they get killed? did the tree shoot them with a gun? If yes, which hand? if no, How did they died?

Please tell you specifically how they died and a concrete proof that the tree was responsible for their death
Haba!!!bros, abeg no kill us for dis thread
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 5:35pm On May 29, 2013
snthesis:
Haba!!!bros, abeg no kill us for dis thread

Lol, so na error you de find for all the post on Nairaland abi, you try wella grin
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by nnekaregy(f): 5:37pm On May 29, 2013
I also lived in sarah,I left there four years ago,wat is ur name and wen did u graduate
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 5:44pm On May 29, 2013
berem: A tree of that magnitude cannot fall without someone cutting it from its base. Except it was a huge branch that fell.

I don't know how a tree can kill scores of people and injure tens
One tree o
They should tell us the people that slaughtered innocent citizens and blamed it on a tree
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by FinokZ: 5:50pm On May 29, 2013
BH sent the tree! Gbam
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by chipet67(m): 8:04pm On May 29, 2013
Amadioha123: It's unfortunate that this tree killed abt 31 persons and injured abt 16 others. IMO state is filled with so much trees and bushes even around people's homes. Lets learn from this and cut down those forest near us today.
my brother how can forest be close to someone's house ?
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 8:23pm On May 29, 2013
chipet67: my brother how can forest be close to someone's house ?

Trees are good for ventilation
Didn't you know that?

1 Like

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Idaretalk: 8:24pm On May 29, 2013
berem: A tree of that magnitude cannot fall without someone cutting it from its base. Except it was a huge branch that fell.
GBAM!!! Let da dead bury their own ooooo
I rest ma case
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by OneNaira6: 8:28pm On May 29, 2013

R u a learner? that same tree is what's keeping you alive. If everyone follow your idea and cut down every tree in the world just because they think it's a hazard, where do you think you going to get that oxygen keeping you breathing. my guy you better thank God you still have those trees on your state and respect am.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by OneNaira6: 8:31pm On May 29, 2013
A huge tree like that does not fall on it's own without manipulation on it's base. There's more to the story.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by thisismike(m): 9:15pm On May 29, 2013
Cheerup4dan: RIP 2 d death

U mean RIP 2d DEAD? msheew. Na wah o!
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Lizzypop: 9:48pm On May 29, 2013
U may b a buy from d market, I am a native of Amaulu so I know d tree very well and know d area more than well this ur pix is far from what d tree looks like and there no shops very close to d tree, remember that where d tree is, looks like a roundabout shops are kind of far from d tree and d tree has been dead for more than 4 years now, d fresh leaves on where were fungils that grew on top it thereby making it look alive. Plz verify u info nxt time.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by greall1: 9:50pm On May 29, 2013
IMO STATE
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:10pm On May 29, 2013
dan jalingo:
r u a pegan 2?

ofcourse. what type of question is that. undecided
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 10:31pm On May 29, 2013
Nonsense. I will cut down that tree without anything happening to me. They should check around if there is any poisonous substances on the bark of the tree or some individual poisoning people around the village. If I a member of that village I will find out what is responsible for the death of the people which I know it is not the tree.

What is all these primitive beliefs for? Jeez! People are being tricked to believe this nonsense.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:33pm On May 29, 2013
n_bisi: Well is a pity dat dey lost their lives as a result of the tree falling...It is time for all community chiefs along that axis to start negotiating bring some of these Trees down..still have them much along that axis including my village in Abia state...

have you lost your mind ? USELESS STUCK-UP CITY DWELLER!

it is crime to chop such large ancient trees.

what a primitive mindset these city dwellers have. no respect for the forest. No wonder we have global warming these days and Nigerias bushes are empty of animals. *smh angry

Look in Europe how they preserve their forests. I hate the insensitivity of our people these days. Unlike our past Animist days when we respected the integrity of the forest.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by oilsuop: 10:37pm On May 29, 2013
Ancient tree sad this tree has been there for 500yrs if you look at the structures and leave branches in the tree, you will notice is very old

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Soldiers On Clearance Mission Hit By Boko Haram IED. See Photos / APC National Chairman Visits Senate Over Defections From Party / Jonathan Remembers Yar'adua 10 Years After. Says He Was 'Selfless' & 'Modest'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.