Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,275 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) (33687 Views)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / The Christmas Tree That Cost Imo State Govt N600M / A Police Station In Benue State (picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Lordjunta(m): 11:23am On May 29, 2013
Uko, as fondly called was a tree located at Umudagu Mbieri in Mbaitolu LG of Imo state. Due to the shade the tree provided,an evening market was established called Ukwu Uko market. Nobody knew what the Uko tree was 'nursing' when the market became expanded and recognised as one-stop market one could buy fresh vegitables and foodstuffs. I used to go there to buy things when i was an undergraduate of Imo state University living at Sarah Hostel.'Because i'm involved' (in the words of Dim Odemegwu Ojukwu) i had a first hand feel of what the tree and the market look ed like,i write authoritatively that the tree was hail and hearty,with fresh leaves on it as seen in the picture. This is why people tend to wonder over the sudden collapse of Uko tree and even during the evening market when the market was filled wit buyers and sellers. So many were sent to their untimely graves including a pregnant woman by this tree. It was horrifying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by konn: 2:32pm On May 29, 2013
the spirits dwelling in this tree are thirsty for blood. so sad 4 d victims
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by chlowi(f): 2:33pm On May 29, 2013
Sad

2 Likes

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by executinal(m): 2:33pm On May 29, 2013
ok
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 29, 2013
God give God taketh
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Temismith(f): 2:34pm On May 29, 2013
Odikwa tree.na even mango tree sef.y
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Rapmaestro(m): 2:34pm On May 29, 2013
Na lie jorh.. This pics was taken at the back of my house.. Durosoke... 1ST TO COMET.. Not comment o
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Jcob(m): 2:35pm On May 29, 2013
something must kill a man. May we never die young!

2 Likes

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by SlyIg(f): 2:35pm On May 29, 2013
I don't understand!
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Amadioha123(m): 2:36pm On May 29, 2013
It's unfortunate that this tree killed abt 31 persons and injured abt 16 others. IMO state is filled with so much trees and bushes even around people's homes. Lets learn from this and cut down those forest near us today.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by bizfirst: 2:36pm On May 29, 2013
Lordjunta: Uko, as fondly called was a tree located at Umudagu Mbieri in Mbaitolu LG of Imo state. Due to d shade d tree provides,an even market was established called Ukwu Uko market. Nobody knew what the Uko tree was nursing when the market became expanded and recognised as one even market u could to buy fresh vegitables and foodstuffs. I used to go there to buy thing when i was an undergraduate of Imo state University living at Sarah Hostel. So because i had a first hand feel of what the tree and market look like,i write to authoritatively dt d tree was hail and hearty,wit fresh leaves on it. This is why ppl hv question d sudden collapse of d tree and during d evening market when d market was filled wit buyers and sellers. So many were killed by d tree. It was horrifying.

A nursing tree? Please clarify.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 2:37pm On May 29, 2013
el bin manny: I would have said I commented first but I won't, make NLders no chop me rawcheesy

You done drink akamu water for sure
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Josephinenick: 2:37pm On May 29, 2013
What a tragdey, dat tree could b a juju tree. RIP to d dead
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by daviide: 2:38pm On May 29, 2013
Themaingate:

#Gbam!!
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by SenatorTobijah(m): 2:38pm On May 29, 2013
Ojuju tree
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Pstsmith(m): 2:39pm On May 29, 2013
Meaning
Hw this thing take make front page? Sha mods go public holiday.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nattydonatus(m): 2:42pm On May 29, 2013
Amadioha123: It's unfortunate that this tree killed abt 31 persons and injured abt 16 others. IMO state is filled with so much trees and bushes even around people's homes. Lets learn from this and cut down those forest near us today.
De-afforestation u mean ? #SMH

1 Like

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Temptee101(m): 2:44pm On May 29, 2013
That tree must be evil! I pray i make ist page this time. IJN

1 Like

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Cheerup4dan: 2:45pm On May 29, 2013
RIP 2 d death
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nattydonatus(m): 2:45pm On May 29, 2013
Themaingate:

cheesy
Themaingate:

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Afam4eva(m): 2:48pm On May 29, 2013
Amadioha123: It's unfortunate that this tree killed abt 31 persons and injured abt 16 others. IMO state is filled with so much trees and bushes even around people's homes. Lets learn from this and cut down those forest near us today.
While the world is calling on people to plant more trees, you're calling for the direct opposite.

2 Likes

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Sanboy25: 2:48pm On May 29, 2013

A tree serial murderer, that's uncommon...
R.I.P to the victims.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Gistwitherico(m): 2:53pm On May 29, 2013
konn: the spirits dwelling in this tree are thirsty for blood. so sad 4 d victims
... Gbam! Fetish people hav come

1 Like

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:55pm On May 29, 2013
THis is the wrath of the forest spirits for abandoning the religion of the land. THey should have performed sacrifce to that tree.
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Goldenheart(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2013
Okay...
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Codedrock(m): 3:01pm On May 29, 2013
Is this fucking tree really capable of killing that number of people?? I guess there is something else involved
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by SlyIg(f): 3:01pm On May 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:
THis is the wrath of the forest spirits for abandoning the religion of the land. THey should have performed sacrifce to that tree.
The arrival of the great Amadioha!
All hail the gods of the land.

1 Like

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by toriade: 3:02pm On May 29, 2013
Lordjunta: Uko, as fondly called was a tree located at Umudagu Mbieri in Mbaitolu LG of Imo state. Due to d shade d tree provides,an even market was established called Ukwu Uko market. Nobody knew what the Uko tree was nursing when the market became expanded and recognised as one even market u could to buy fresh vegitables and foodstuffs. I used to go there to buy thing when i was an undergraduate of Imo state University living at Sarah Hostel. So because i had a first hand feel of what the tree and market look like,i write to authoritatively dt [/b]d tree was hail and hearty,wit fresh leaves on it. This is why ppl hv question d sudden collapse of d tree and during d evening market when d market was filled wit buyers and sellers. So many were killed by d tree. It was horrifying.

[b]Bros, you be graduate so?

3 Likes

Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 3:10pm On May 29, 2013
How did they get killed? did the tree shoot them with a gun? If yes, which hand? if no, How did they died?

Please tell you specifically how they died and a concrete proof that the tree was responsible for their death
Re: The Tree That Killed People In Imo State (picture) by Nobody: 3:16pm On May 29, 2013
dahonestboss: How did they get killed? did the tree shoot them with a gun? If yes, which hand? if no, How did they died?

Please tell you specifically how they died and a concrete proof that the tree was responsible for their death
Are you a learner?
Were you in Fox River when the news broke 2weeks ago? grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Yuletide: John Abang, Anambra Police Chief Storms Headbridge Onitsha / Gen Olukolade Replaced As Director Of Defence Information / Sanusi And Ganduje Commission Mosque Built By A Saudi Arabian In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.