Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,624 members, 7,816,572 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:17 PM

Nairaland Book Of Proverbs - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Nairaland Book Of Proverbs (8879 Views)

The Application of Proverbs 26 Vs 4,5 / Is The Book Of Proverbs The Best Book In The Bible? / The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 3:02pm On Jun 26, 2008
“Success isn't a result of spontaneous combustion. You must set yourself on fire.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 3:03pm On Jun 26, 2008
“You miss 100% of the shots you never take.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by cebili: 4:16pm On Jun 26, 2008
To those who know Christ bt refuse to accept Him: WOT THEY MISS IS WOT WE HAVE!

iF U DONT KNOW THE ACCURACY OF THE BIBLE DIER'Z TENDENCY DAT U'LL LEAVE THE CHURCH AND YOUR GAINS WILL BE LITTLE
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:33pm On Jul 01, 2008
"Fear is the darkroom where people develop the negatives."

- Reinhard Bonnke

www.BONNKE.com
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:28am On Jul 04, 2008
instead of giving people a piece of your mind,give them a piece of your positive attitude.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 12:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
Our pride is disgusted at our faults and we mistake this disgust for true repentance.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 12:25pm On Jul 07, 2008
Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart does good like medicine, but a broken spirit makes one sick.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by mellow(m): 12:52pm On Jul 07, 2008
Curruption is the conseguence of a country where Wolves

are made to quide chickens.

Mellow
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 1:04pm On Jul 08, 2008
The older I get, the less sure I am about a lot of things, and the more sure I am of a few things.

E. A. Holleen
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by tybanky(f): 1:44pm On Jul 08, 2008
You are not here merely to make a living. You are here in order to enable the world to live more amply, with greater vision, with a finer spirit of hope and achievement. You are here to enrich the world, and you impoverish yourself if you forget the errand.

[center]Woodrow Wilson [/center]
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 9:45am On Jul 09, 2008
I would rather live in a world where my life is surrounded by mystery than
live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 9:51am On Jul 09, 2008
A pleasure is not full grown until it is remembered.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by tybanky(f): 1:30pm On Jul 09, 2008
Whatever is expressed is impressed. Whatever you say to yourself, with emotion, generates thoughts, ideas and behaviors consistent with those words.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by tybanky(f): 5:34pm On Jul 11, 2008
Peace is not something you wish for; it's something you make, something you do, something you are, something you give away.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 3:18pm On Jul 14, 2008
I've never stayed awake at night over a chance I took that failed, but I've stayed awake over chances I didn't take.
-Garth Brooks
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 3:20pm On Jul 14, 2008
Aim at Heaven and you will get Earth thrown in. Aim at Earth and you get neither.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by tybanky(f): 5:22pm On Jul 14, 2008
Having chosen our course, without guile and with pure purpose, let us renew our trust in God, and go forward without fear and with manly hearts.
[center]Abraham Lincoln [/center]
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 9:36am On Jul 15, 2008
There is really no way to experience joy until you decide to take that leap and plunge
into God's hands just like a child jumping into a swimming pool.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:08am On Jul 15, 2008
The gospel is like a lion. It doesn't need to be protected, it needs to be turned loose.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:36am On Jul 16, 2008
He who loves the coming of the Lord is not he who affirms it is far off, nor is it he who says it is near.
It is he who, whether it be far or near, awaits it with sincere faith, steadfast hope and fervent love.
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by tybanky(f): 12:30pm On Jul 16, 2008

He who loves the coming of the Lord is not he who affirms it is far off, nor is it he who says it is near. 
It is he who, whether it be far or near, awaits it with sincere faith, steadfast hope and fervent love.

If anyone has an ear, let him hear. Revelation 13:9
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:54am On Jul 20, 2008
“The brain may take advice, but not the heart, and love having no geography, knows no boundaries: weight and sink it deep, no matter, it will rise and find the surface.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2008
“Compassion is sometimes the fatal capacity for feeling what it is like to live inside somebody else's skin. It is the knowledge that there can never really be any peace and joy for me until there is peace and joy finally for you too.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:55am On Jul 20, 2008
“The value of compassion cannot be over-emphasized. Anyone can criticize. It takes a true believer to be compassionate. No greater burden can be borne by an individual than to know no one cares or understands.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:56am On Jul 20, 2008
“No one's head aches when he is comforting another.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:57am On Jul 20, 2008
“When you begin to touch your heart or let your heart be touched, you begin to discover that it's bottomless, that it doesn't have any resolution, that this heart is huge, vast, and limitless. You begin to discover how much warmth and gentleness is there, as well as how much space.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 10:58am On Jul 20, 2008
“I always prefer to believe the best of everybody-it saves so much trouble.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by elizabetta(f): 11:00am On Jul 20, 2008
“It should be your care, therefore, and mine, to elevate the minds of our children and exalt their courage; to accelerate and animate their industry and activity; to excite in them an habitual contempt of meanness, abhorrence of injustice and inhumanity, and an ambition to excel in every capacity, faculty, and virtue.”
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 4:13pm On Jul 21, 2008
elizabetta:

“No one's head aches when he is comforting another.”

Are you sure
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:33am On Jul 22, 2008
"I do not believe in a fate that falls on men and women however they act;
but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act."

-- G.K. Chesterton
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:35am On Jul 22, 2008
"Material success may result in the accumulation of possessions;
but only spiritual success will enable you to enjoy them."
Re: Nairaland Book Of Proverbs by kolaoloye(m): 10:45am On Jul 22, 2008
True humility doesn't consist of thinking ill of yourself but of not thinking of yourself
much differently from the way you'd be apt to think of anybody else.

-Frederick Buechner

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Was The Trinity Doctrine Invented At A Council Meeting Or By The RCC? / Does The Christian God Actually Exist? / Everyone Pray For Sonofluc1fer Who's On NAIRALAND, He Is POSSESSED..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.