Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,628 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter - Science/Technology (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (125728 Views)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by sonickay(m): 6:13pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pakingzzz: [color=#990000]This airhog Rx was built to drive a micro motor that ran at 3.2v,and drew 1amps.
I wanted it to drive a motor that draws about 15amps at 12v with it. I knew this impossible without destroying the mosfet in the Rx.
I simply built an amplifier to amplify the 3.2v to 12v,and the current as well.
I am very much interested in this part. I have been trying to build an amplifier circuit; to amplify volt and current from a minimum level to optimum/maximum level. I made some research but I couldn't find these ICs: MAX756 and MAX757 in the local market or online stores till now. Please fill me in on how you built your amplifier, it doesn't matter if your output is adjustable or fixed, I badly need some other way to amplify voltage and current. My mail is sonickaybid@yahoo.com I will mail you, its likely you won't see this.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: WTF.
You want to poach a Nigerian brain to advance the southafrican defence industry?.
Where is SSS when you need them?.
This is a serious matter.
they have the resources to empower the dude.. GEJ no send am

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by blink6(m): 6:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
see investment.. where're d investors?

Naija sha!

nice work nwanem... chukwu g'eyere gi aka!
I got F9 in igbo... no worry!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by hayubee(m): 6:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Guy I doff my cap 4 u!!! Magnificent!! Pls don't rest on ur laurels!! Keep it up man

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by WebSurfer(m): 6:25pm On Dec 30, 2013
talents
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:27pm On Dec 30, 2013
what are the big guys wasting time for?

Etisalat, MTN, Glo, airtel etc stop investing in dumb copy and paste artistes.
this guy is a genius who does his own stunts and needs help.

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by nduchucks: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
@OP, you are obviously a talented guy who should benefit immensely from studying Engineering. Your project is the type carried out by brilliant kids who end up becoming great Engineers.

May I suggest that you do not limit yourself to trying to reinvent the wheel. When your project is finished, take a look at these finished helicopters . many of them can be flown via remote controlled transmitters. Take one or 2 of these and try to replicate or improve on their design. where there is a will, there is a way. Good luck
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:31pm On Dec 30, 2013
Greatest Umudyke!!
Shun Sir!! Making CBPS (abi CNAS undecided) proud!!!

Well done oº°˚!!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Randerl: 6:35pm On Dec 30, 2013
100 gbosa for u my guy. Patience, Ingenuity, Inspiration and Persistence is written all over this thread. The Smartphone generation that"s what we are today.

We keep admiring great works like this yet we aren't! ready to pay the price.

Inspiration = 5%
Perspiration = 95%

Weldone, l doff my Hat for you

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by InvertedHammer: 6:37pm On Dec 30, 2013
/

This is absolutely amazing!!!

Kudos!

\
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pakingzzz: @toms,
videos cant be posted here,except the link. If you cant view it,then you haven't setup your streaming settings. Get some one to do tiat for you,or you can just download any youtube apps.
This is what you mean to do with your video.

Thank you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKOw6F0q5s
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by deor03(m): 6:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is an exceptional guy. He needs to snapped up by airforce now

Also , OP , document this and send to top universities in US and UK.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ibrash600: 6:43pm On Dec 30, 2013
Op, well done, u ar obviously a talented dude, keep the good work bro, may God increase ur knowledge... this is d kind of people we needs in aviation industries not corruptd politicians... where our network providers who wastes money on half talented artists I wish u d very best bro.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by 0key: 6:44pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is awesome... pls do not stop at this project. There is always room for improvement. Keep it up!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2013
solomon111: WTF.
You want to poach a Nigerian brain to advance the southafrican defence industry?.
Where is SSS when you need them?.
This is a serious matter.
What are you talking about?! This is for his own good, to have better knowledge of aerodynamics beyond merely fabricating a toy to having to be with those who have better idea. I think even a sixth grader can do something like this in developed countries. So, it is good he accepts the offer from South Africa where he can be exposed to better working environment. He is still a Nigerian after all.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by curtain: 6:49pm On Dec 30, 2013
Wowz!!! Ok lets try not to tribalize this thread, but i must thank Obinna for making the Igbo nation proud. my word of caution is that please avoid being decieved, nigerians has nothing for you but to steal your ideas your fellow brothers will soon get in-touch with you and take you to the enviable hieght you desire.

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Tonylyte(m): 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
#Fresh-air

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 6:51pm On Dec 30, 2013
deor03: This is an exceptional guy. He needs to snapped up by airforce now

Also , OP , document this and send to top universities in US and UK.

Believe me, I don't think US and UK need this but, Africans do. I would be interested in South Africa offering him a place in their mechanical working institutions than US and UK.

Thank you.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Charlesnerd: 6:53pm On Dec 30, 2013
Wow!Wow!Wow!

This is a product of a purely refined engineering mind- patient,detailed,scientific and good command of english language,which is rather rare for scientists/engineers. What do I have to say of your ability to improvise?..awesome!.

Going through your thread from beginning to end,I could see the interplay between various arms of engineering.

Metallurgy and materials ----You have a good grasp of intrinsic properties of materials,hence your ability to make informed choices on the exact type of material to use.

Electrical---When you spoke about mosfet and heat sink,it was pretty obvious you knew your stuff!

Mechanical---After I read the article where you mentioned losses and efficiency,I had no doubt.

What do I have to say about your comments on redundancy and safety?,means you know that safety is the first consideration when it comes to aviation!

I have never been this impressed by a Nigerian graduate,let alone an undergraduate,in a supposed "mushroom" university ,in a "backward" state!.

The sky is your starting point,you are on the path to greatness,if you keep this up.

I have more to say,but I can't continue....keep it up and thanks for making my day!

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by ichommy(m): 6:56pm On Dec 30, 2013
Well done.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
meanwhile some boyz spend 24hours in the romance section everyday of their lives sad

6 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Zammydagreat(m): 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
Am speechless
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2013
This is your destiny...................*speechless*...........you will be heard everywhere there is air in the world....Goodjob!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by revolt(m): 7:04pm On Dec 30, 2013
all4naija:

Believe me, I don't think US and UK need this but, Africans do. I would be interested in South Africa offering him a place in their mechanical working institutions than US and UK.

Thank you.
if you're waiting for anything airforce, That's a farce. those guys will see him as a threat, afterall they used millions to come you with that noisy drive. here's a dude fabricating it himself imagine what'll happen if he's given enough funds.

they'll try as much as possible not to let him in.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by kalufelix(m): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
thats the spirit...

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by zeelo2014: 7:15pm On Dec 30, 2013
I bind & cast any tribalist that will come & spoil the fun here in Jesus name,Amen.
Making front page will bring in so many nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 7:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
I'm impressed by the time effort and perseverance he employed in getting this done.
I'm more impressed that help came all the way from britain. smiley lol

OP more power to your elbow. Keep it up. (Of course you will)
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by LordCenturion(m): 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2013
Pakingzzz: I just recieved a load of donation from RCHA in Bri
tain. shocked
They sent me:Tx,Rxs,gyros,ESs,Flyberless control system,Batter chargers,Brushless motors,Servos(digital and analog),Blades,screws and nuts,Ball link joints,Align bell-hiller rotorhead,Shafts,Bearings,lipoly batteries,e.g.
The pix below is the carton that contains the accesories. They sent it through DHL.

Imagine ,donation from another country ,when his country didn't see him,, all what they Thinks about is how they are gonna get #30m kitchen allowance

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by xxxtedyxxx(m): 7:23pm On Dec 30, 2013
@OP..u are a complete genius. Its gud to know people like u are still in Naija. Carry GO...

Am inspired.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by victorazy(m): 7:24pm On Dec 30, 2013
Heatblast: wow... great job, I've been trying to make one ever since i was a kid(i built like 19 different prototypes back then but they never did fly) even now I still wanna make one that would fly, can you please give me the details or write an instructable on it?, i'll be grateful.

PS: hope you've gotten the battery you needed?

U sef! U no read physics? If not is not too late. Pick one Principle of Physics text and find Newton's 3rd law of motion, u will understand but let me hint u. A fish uses its fins to push water backwards. But a push on the water will only serve to accelerate the water. Since forces result from mutual interactions, the water must also be pushing the fish forwards, propelling the fish through the water, but in this case ur dealing with air which is lighter meaning u have to apply more force to overcome gravity.
Typical example; switch on ur house elec standing fan on its highest speed and watch the fan dancing front and back.

If u need idea on how to lift ur aircraft into the air, send me mesg or ping me for I dea and schematic diagram of it 269aad81 victor 08069237482.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File / How To Clear GOTV E016 And E48-32 Error Message (step By Step)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.