Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,098 members, 7,807,291 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter (125612 Views)

'Helicopter' Manufactured By Two Boys In Anambra State / Homebuilt Radio Control Airplane / Homebuilt Gas Turbine Engine For Helicopter Propulsion. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 5:51pm On Sep 10, 2013
The main motor runs too hot. So a little fan was installed in between the rotor shaft and the motor. Notice the black fan and the suspended little motor in the middle......

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2013
The new remodification created room for many things to be installed. But one has to resist that temptation if you recall that,in heli world. You pay dearly for an ounce or some little grams introduced.....

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2013
Heli on a car....

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 10, 2013
Here's a video of the heli during the testing of the tail rotor....... It was real aggresive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpST6N9-6OQ&client=mv-google&guid=&gl=IN&hl=en_US

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by DDon11: 6:46pm On Sep 10, 2013
It's like that tail rotor consumes some space and add extra weight. There is a homemade helicopter that does not have tail
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 7:27pm On Sep 10, 2013
D Don1: It's like that tail rotor consumes some space and add extra weight. There is a homemade helicopter that does not have tail
@D Done1
what you see in that video is a tail rotor test,not a lift up test.
The tail rotor does not occupy any space there. It is just at it's home.
That is just the lightest i could shrink that tail rotor to,without having to compromise the structural strength(a vital factor when building air vehicles)..
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Wallie(m): 9:05pm On Sep 10, 2013
@Pakingzzz

What size heli do you have (450, 500 or 600 class) and which parts are your major stumbling block? Take a look at the sites below to give you a better idea:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/radio-controlled-helicopters.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__340__59__Electric_Motors-Heli_Motors.html
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 10:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
Wallie: @Pakingzzz

What size heli do you have (450, 500 or 600 class) and which parts are your major stumbling block? Take a look at the sites below to give you a better idea:

http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/radio-controlled-helicopters.html
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__340__59__Electric_Motors-Heli_Motors.html
@Wallie

Nice link. Very technicaly educating.
Thanks though. Actualy i have here a 1kg heli size.
The parts that are my major stumbling blocks are as follows: A Tx/Rx,3 Servos,2 ESC,Lipolymer battery,1 Yaw rate gyr and a proper brushless motor.
Although Sidajili has promised to help out with all these listed items. He appears to be extremly busy. So the hope of getting them continues to get thinner. For he might as well have forgotten...
The Tx/Rx i am using to test the heli currently,has only 3 practical channels. And the least number of channels one needs to fly a fixed pitch heli is just 4 channels. So you see why this Tx/Rx aint going to be useful....
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by DDon11: 11:59pm On Sep 10, 2013
Look, if u really want to know if the helicopter is going to fly, connect it direct to a dc supply, maybe on the wall, if it flies, then u kw it's actually going to fly.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 1:34am On Sep 11, 2013
D Don1: Look, if u really want to know if the helicopter is going to fly, connect it direct to a dc supply, maybe on the wall, if it flies, then u kw it's actually going to fly.

If i can recall corectly,there isn't anywhere on this thread where i hinted that i am unsure,if the heli will fly.
It does fly up,but i would have to be holding the tail,owin to the fact that there isn't any single servo there,to give it elevator and airleron control.
So i aint in doubt if the heli will fly. What i'm in doubt is:if Sidajili will keep his own end of his promise.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 1:50am On Sep 11, 2013
D Don1: Look, if u really want to know if the helicopter is going to fly, connect it direct to a dc supply, maybe on the wall, if it flies, then u kw it's actually going to fly.

If i can recall correctly,there isn't anywhere on this thread where i hinted that i was unsure,if the heli would fly.
Suffice it to say that,when you push the throttle stick to around 75% and you hooked a 12v dc to the heli,it hops up and leaps into the air.
Note!! Running such a test would require some one holding the tail. Not unless you want to end up with a premature crash.

So i aint in doubt if the heli will fly or not. What i'm in doubt is:if Sidajili will keep his own end of his promise. He apparently seems non responsive.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by DDon11: 9:28am On Sep 11, 2013
Ok, it's alright
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by donskills: 8:31pm On Sep 12, 2013
Greets Brother! and I applaud you on your efforts! I am a Nigerian/Swede who spent my earlier years in Lagos and Ibadan (1974-1981).
I am an avid RC Helicopter pilot and was just sent this post by a friend who found it on the net! I have now joined the forum due to this! I feel I can perhaps help you in some small ways to get this project and maybe future projects in the air! I am unaware of the postage situation in Nigeria these days but it is worth a shot! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help my Brother and fellow countryman!

3 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 9:45pm On Sep 12, 2013
@donskills

Thanks alot donskills... Actually,i would've maiden way back. But i have been set back by a couple of parts,which i couldn't scratch build,as had other parts. These are the parts; 6 channel Tx/Rx,3pcs of micro servos with this specifications(1.2kg torque),a brushless motor(11.1v, 200watt),ESC(11.1V,25Amps),1 yaw rate gyro,a pair of composite blades {(400mm radius)in case my home made wooden blades fails me,due to a crash)}.
Thanks alot,once more.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:32pm On Sep 13, 2013
Still progressing......
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2013
Here's a nice Rc Forum that can help you a great deal. I'm recomending interested persons to sign up and register there,it's absolutely free. This large comunity of like minded individuals made me what i am today. So do register in this forum http://www.rcuniverse.com/signup/index.cfm?refmem=603270
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by readytofly: 6:02pm On Sep 13, 2013
hello pakingzzz, congratulations, you are an incredible engineer!

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 6:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
readytofly: hello pakingzzz, congratulations, you are an incredible engineer!

@readytofly

thanks for your commendation
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by readytofly: 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
i have three new 450 size servos, a 450 ESC, an HK401 gyro and a 450 motor that i can send to you.
please let me know your full address so i can calculate the shipping fee.

2 Likes

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 13, 2013
im totally impressed, i respect your skill and ingenuity. you certainly know what you are doing.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 7:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
readytofly: i have three new 450 size servos, a 450 ESC, an HK401 gyro and a 450 motor that i can send to you.
please let me know your full address so i can calculate the shipping fee.

@Readytofly

Thanks alot man. I really apreciate. You'r such a brother....
Please,here's my residential address;

Ehimiri Housing Estate,No.45,Zone 'C'. Umuahia,Abia state. Nigeria.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by readytofly: 11:35pm On Sep 13, 2013
Pakingzzz:

Thanks alot man. I really apreciate. You'r such a brother....
Please,here's my residential address;
Ehimiri Housing Estate,No.45,Zone 'C'. Umuahia,Abia state. Nigeria.

i also need to know you name. smiley
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 12:49am On Sep 14, 2013
Am Kingsley Obinna smiley
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 2:43pm On Sep 14, 2013
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by donskills: 10:33pm On Sep 15, 2013
Greetings Kingsley! There is a fair amount of action on your behalf on HeliFreak if you havent seen it yourself! A bunch of us are working out a way to get you what I presume to end up being a bunch of useful stuff to continue your quest! Can you shop from say HobbyKing etc and be sure to receive the goods? My plan is to get the stuff to Lagos thru someone travelling and then perhaps some financial aid for you to make the trip to there to pick up. I am waiting for word from a fellow Nigerian in the US who travels back and forth to see if he perhaps can help. Any which way, help will get to you by the grace!
Keep up your fantastic work, Naija needs you!

1 Like

Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 11:36pm On Sep 15, 2013
I once contacted hobbyking's customer care. That was some 4 months ago,when i needed a Tx and Rx so badly. I hadn't a paypal so they told me to pay through western union. The enormity of the price has killed for good all hope i had,of succeeding.
I can shop in Hobbyking and be sure to receive it. I have seen their shipping options. It includes Fedex express and Ems express. All these couriers have a branch office in my state.

Thanks alot for your efforts.
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by maclee(m): 4:57pm On Sep 16, 2013
bro i must really comment on your good work.... thumb ups, you are really good for you to design and build something like this with parts you have at home, you have really done well for urself. even if after building it doesn't work. for the few u have done u have done well. i went through ur pics and saw ur circuits the one u constructed. just in case u are finding it impossible to make it fly, don't be discourage. u can get every parts including the blade (and not the one that will cut u) from arduino stores or u can buy an Arduino UNO R3 board + starter kits. the beauty about it is wonderful things it can do. including programming. I just ordered mine yesterday from amazon at rate of N14,717.69 thats including shipping and handling.
they also sell parts for the heli and car.

check them out
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by Pakingzzz(m): 5:24pm On Sep 16, 2013
@ Maclee

Thanks brother.
I've read a little about arduino in the past. However,i dont know much about them. But i do know they behave like a computer,by virtue of there programmability. And they stuffs like;taking a certain input/inputs and outputing a certain output/outputs and other stuffs,in respect to what you programmed it to do.
I'll take a pretty look at them.
Anyway,how did you order for the package? As in how did you made the payment. Paypal?
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by randwise(m): 8:42pm On Sep 16, 2013
.. .
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by donskills: 10:32pm On Sep 16, 2013
Kingsley, if you can register a paypal account, that will make it easy for us all over the globe to pitch in and help you progress. If you can't (for whatever reason) get a paypal account, I or someone else can order on your behalf and have the stuff delivered to you.
Stay blessed and start brain storming on future projects you might want to attempt too. We will help you make it happen!
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by randwise(m): 7:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: Homebuilt Radio controlled Helicopter by randwise(m): 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2013
cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

5 Animals That Actually Never DIE! / Download First Touch Soccer 2017 ( FTS 17) Apk And Data File / Secret Code To Listen To Another Person Call 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.