Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,316 members, 7,815,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day (5955 Views)

Facebook Fans Ridiculed Dino Melaye On Democracy Day! / Hon Patrick Obahiagbon On Democracy Day! / Bomb Blast In Kaduna On Democracy Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by kemifemi: 11:03am On May 30, 2013
I was about posting this later today only for me see it on nairaland.
This Ayo is power drunken. I saw a group of people gathered on 22nd rd yesterday and they narrated the same account of the happening.
I once witnessed the show of power by Amuwo Odofin LGA chairman when he ordered his men to arrest a man who came to visit his sister in festac but unknowingly parked on the kerb.
The visitor was in his car sipping a drink when AYO got to the place. He ordered the man to get out of the car. Since d visitor didn't know who he was, he felt insulted that someone could just harass him for no reason. So he didn't listen to Ayo. Ayo jerked him out of the car and told him he was the local government chairman.
When d visitor asked what offence he committed, he was told he it was an offence to park on the kerb.
If u are familiar with festac, you'll notice that those kerbs were designed for flowers but due to neglect and non maintenance, weeds have taken over the place, so no flowers there.
The man apologised and explained that he was a visitor and it was his first time in festac and would never park there again. But Ayo did not listen to the man's plea but instead ordered his men to deflate his tyres and tow his vehicle to the LG.
This happened around 5th avenue, very close to central primary school.
So am not surprised at all. Festac roads are very bad. Instead of fixing roads, he goes about harassing people. Almost all the roads are bad.

1 Like

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Acidosis(m): 11:16am On May 30, 2013
kemifemi: I was about posting this later today only for me see it on nairaland.
This Ayo is power drunken. I saw a group of people gathered on 22nd rd yesterday and they narrated the same account of the happening.
I once witnessed the show of power by Amuwo Odofin LGA chairman when he ordered his men to arrest a man who came to visit his sister in festac but unknowingly parked on the kerb.
The visitor was in his car sipping a drink when AYO got to the place. He ordered the man to get out of the car. Since d visitor didn't know who he was, he felt insulted that someone could just harass him for no reason. So he didn't listen to Ayo. Ayo jerked him out of the car and told him he was the local government chairman.
When d visitor asked what offence he committed, he was told he it was an offence to park on the kerb.
If u are familiar with festac, you'll notice that those kerbs were designed for flowers but due to neglect and non maintenance, weeds have taken over the place, so no flowers there.
The man apologised and explained that he was a visitor and it was his first time in festac and would never park there again. But Ayo did not listen to the man's plea but instead ordered his men to deflate his tyres and tow his vehicle to the LG.
So am not surprised at all. Festac roads are very bad. Instead of fixing roads, he goes about harassing people. Almost all the roads are bad.

I'm about to start a thread NOW and it must make front page. That stu. p¡d man must be dealt with. He is a f00l
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by watchinglagos: 11:16am On May 30, 2013
There would be a comprehensive report on Festac roads soon.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by papadenzel(m): 11:25am On May 30, 2013
watchinglagos: There would be a comprehensive report on Festac roads soon.

Pls do hurry with d reports on festac roads cos dey r really in a bad shape! Na evriday pesin dey go mechanic cos of festac roads!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 11:33am On May 30, 2013

On the said day, orange sellers were arrested, a vulcanizer had his machine seized and a shop was hurriedly and illegally sealed just because a bread hawker stopped to sell beside the shop which the shop occupant has no control over, same three other shops just because an orange seller was seen beside the shops.

What sort of journalism is this ? Orange sellers were arrested,a vulcanizer had his machine seized,a shop was hurriedly closed (by who ? ) And also illegally sealed (by who ? ) And you concluded that 3 people suffered in the hand of the council boss because a bread seller committed an offence that doesn't concern the 3 people.

And another 3 other shops were locked because another orange seller was seen beside the shop. Did he lock the shops because the orange seller came close or what ? This is a one-sided story filled with sentiments and doesn't even make any sense except to those who want to bad-mouth Lagos as usual.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 11:36am On May 30, 2013
I can say 22 road is the worst road in Festac Town! I was born ,raised and lived in one of the closes on 22 road. My anger is that 22 road which is the most busiest road in festac where the 95 percent of all commercial activities in the town is found, starting from 2nd gate market, TFC, The FHA lawn tennis, Hospital, petrol station, The Catholic church,Post office and finally Nitel,cannot boast of a quality road! The LG chairman cannot tell me he doesn't use that road.

About his rascality, he should better be careful or else Festac boys will deal with him ruthlessly!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by macjurek(m): 11:58am On May 30, 2013
Please i want to say Kudos to the DPO of Festac Police Station for that Release, because he knows the Law and his job.

But for the LG people ,this is wrong or a mistake,kindly correct yourselves................. No one is above mistake on a Public Holiday.......Haba

Cheers.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by richardbry: 12:06pm On May 30, 2013
I like the fact that the shop was 'LUCK-ed UP'
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 12:48pm On May 30, 2013
We dey suffer for dis Festac, I don't know who is worst the LG office or the Festac police station. Festac police the latest trend for them is to harass and intimidate people on a daily basis. Dat DPO's pocket most be filled with money on dat said day. Cos Festac police if you don't have ID N5,000. If them catch you outside from 9-12 straight to station,I won't do it again N10k. If you are a girl just going for a walk around any brothel or hotel at nite you are automatically a prosti*tute penalties are >allow them to do short time with you inside their bus or you follow dem to their station its just N5k the next day. We dat drive wahala dey will double cross you and ask you to park, at dis point your chances of going to station with dem is 90% cos dey will find a fault to nail you down. There is dis yellow danfo guy dat drive dem to all dis their illegal raiding I'm sorry for his family. Cos everyday he volunteers to help dem commit dis crime. As for the LG chairman devil will be so jealous that dis dude is worst than him. Festac roads are so bad, but dis chairman's house is 21 road that's why he did the road interlocking, cos his a special one . Oceanic bank last year fixed one of the road close to their bank, the LG chairman ordered his boys to destroy it, cos he is about to get funding for those roads so if oceanic bank should fix it how will he make money.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by tunzyrock: 1:39pm On May 30, 2013
I think at dis stage in our lives we must invetigate b4 we write to avoid mis-informing pple. Those who are castigating Amuwo Odofin Chiarman are not serious. Those who are hailing d dpo without knowin dat d culprit only sign undakin dat dey wil not liter d environment again and go. Ayodele Adewale is working in festac and his type is wat d maffians in festac need
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by tunzyrock: 1:45pm On May 30, 2013
Festac has bcom α̅ place where lofas come to and survey environment all in d name of hawking and at night armed robbers will harrass and destroy lives..
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by JennyPatrick: 2:18pm On May 30, 2013
I am shocked that pple are just castigating an executive chairman for daring to protect d enviroment for us and secure our lives too, who doesn't knw what Festac has turned to of late, hoodlums enter festac with selling excuses and in the night the massess suffer. How can shop owners collect money from people and put them in when they knw the right thing to do! Even the okada law that his exellency Fashola put favours some but can't be accepted by some. Which chairman has ever done it right? All shop owners has been attending meetings and has been properly informed of what is expected of them yet they will go against it . What is wrong with them handing a culprint to the police to sign an undertaking or do they think that DPO will release such a person. There was no issue of arrest because they only sign an undertaking of good conduct and walk away
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Onegai(f): 4:40pm On May 30, 2013
The Festac LG chairman is not doing his job(everyone knows that). There are no roads in Festac. Can't he be fired? I went recently, it was awful.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 4:59pm On May 30, 2013
there's a vulcanizer, opposite there are bread and orange sellers on the other side of the road and they only stopped to sell to people who wanted to buy so how is that the shop owners fault by the LG officials led by the chairman himself. I stay around there and was there when it happened
~Bluetooth:

What sort of journalism is this ? Orange sellers were arrested,a vulcanizer had his machine seized,a shop was hurriedly closed (by who ? ) And also illegally sealed (by who ? ) And you concluded that 3 people suffered in the hand of the council boss because a bread seller committed an offence that doesn't concern the 3 people.

And another 3 other shops were locked because another orange seller was seen beside the shop. Did he lock the shops because the orange seller came close or what ? This is a one-sided story filled with sentiments and doesn't even make any sense except to those who want to bad-mouth Lagos as usual.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 5:01pm On May 30, 2013
Yes he is working but at extremely snail speed
tunzyrock: I think at dis stage in our lives we must invetigate b4 we write to avoid mis-informing pple. Those who are castigating Amuwo Odofin Chiarman are not serious. Those who are hailing d dpo without knowin dat d culprit only sign undakin dat dey wil not liter d environment again and go. Ayodele Adewale is working in festac and his type is wat d maffians in festac need
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2013
This is no misinformation But an eye witness account, read my other posts
tunzyrock: I think at dis stage in our lives we must invetigate b4 we write to avoid mis-informing pple. Those who are castigating Amuwo Odofin Chiarman are not serious. Those who are hailing d dpo without knowin dat d culprit only sign undakin dat dey wil not liter d environment again and go. Ayodele Adewale is working in festac and his type is wat d maffians in festac need
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Inoknowbook: 5:03pm On May 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: why do u alwys try to condone a bad act by slapping 'poverty' on d reason for d act? Like, is it an excuse? Must everyone be on d payroll of d govt?

U dnt av a toilet and was caught defecating on d road side and u screamed it's poverty! U had an illegat stand, u said it's poverty! Like we shld av sympathy too? Ok o, we harf hear o!

How I wish I could get at you to give you one dirty slap that will turn your face to the your back. When has the selling of oranges become a bad act? Pathetic fool, oya go and sing his praises for descending on the weakest amongst us. Just pray that you will never fall into a situation whereby you have to hawk oranges to make a living.
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 5:05pm On May 30, 2013
Berem I'll like to know you, seems we stay close to each other
berem: I can say 22 road is the worst road in Festac Town! I was born ,raised and lived in one of the closes on 22 road. My anger is that 22 road which is the most busiest road in festac where the 95 percent of all commercial activities in the town is found, starting from 2nd gate market, TFC, The FHA lawn tennis, Hospital, petrol station, The Catholic church,Post office and finally Nitel,cannot boast of a quality road! The LG chairman cannot tell me he doesn't use that road.

About his rascality, he should better be careful or else Festac boys will deal with him ruthlessly!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by kemifemi: 5:20pm On May 30, 2013

Which festac are you talking about! Is it not same festac where major roads have become a death trap.
I've lived in that place all my life so I know if the guy is performing. AYO fixed the bad portion of the road ( btw choicest supermarket and 3rd avenue junction) and left the bad portion by GTB unattended to).Same thing he did at 2nd gate and left the pothole btw 208 nd 209 rd. And you are here telling us what is not. 4th avenue is bad, 22 nd is bad, 2nd avenue is bad, 23rd is ridden with potholes .Potholes are getting worse on d festac link bridge(inwards apple junction) and he has not done anything.
Whenever Fashola is visiting the local govt, he passes thru 21rd to the LG @ 41rd and would make him believe d roads are good.
I've lived all my life in festac , so I know wetin I dey talk.Abeg no vex me o
Maybe you are living in another festac o
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 8:43pm On May 30, 2013
Kemi abeg no vex for am, na pikin dey do am. I've lived in festac all my life too. The guy fixed that portion in 2nd gate only to start charging for parking space. Ayo is either a scam or is comfortable with mediocrity.

kemifemi:

Which festac are you talking about! Is it not same festac where major roads have become a death trap.
I've lived in that place all my life so I know if the guy is performing. AYO fixed the bad portion of the road ( btw choicest supermarket and 3rd avenue junction) and left the bad portion by GTB unattended to).Same thing he did at 2nd gate and left the pothole btw 208 nd 209 rd. And you are here telling us what is not. 4th avenue is bad, 22 nd is bad, 2nd avenue is bad, 23rd is ridden with potholes .Potholes are getting worse on d festac link bridge(inwards apple junction) and he has not done anything.
Whenever Fashola is visiting the local govt, he passes thru 21rd to the LG @ 41rd and would make him believe d roads are good.
I've lived all my life in festac , so I know wetin I dey talk.Abeg no vex me o
Maybe you are living in another festac o
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by aadetoyin(f): 9:24pm On May 30, 2013

Did u say misinform? Abegi! Its either u have been closing ur eyes wen u re in festac or u re related to Ayo that why u don't want to say the truth. Pls tell me which road is good asides from 21 extention and 41rd which is usually Ayo's route. Wat happened to all other places. He should keep chasing waterfalls instead of facing what he was elected to do. Mschew!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 9:35pm On May 30, 2013
pheesayor: Berem I'll like to know you, seems we stay close to each other
I don't live in festac anymore but i visit trice a week. Festac is still my hood anytime any day. cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 9:42am On May 31, 2013
He also fixed 2nd gate grin grin grin , but is now collecting 100 naira for each vehicle that parks shocked shocked shocked
aadetoyin:

Did u say misinform? Abegi! Its either u have been closing ur eyes wen u re in festac or u re related to Ayo that why u don't want to say the truth. Pls tell me which road is good asides from 21 extention and 41rd which is usually Ayo's route. Wat happened to all other places. He should keep chasing waterfalls instead of facing what he was elected to do. Mschew!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 9:43am On May 31, 2013
Still doesn't matter, your passion for good governance makes me want to meet you. Kindly accept my message request.
berem: I don't live in festac anymore but i visit trice a week. Festac is still my hood anytime any day. cool cool cool
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 10:04am On May 31, 2013
pheesayor: Still doesn't matter, your passion for good governance makes me want to meet you. Kindly accept my message request.
I just replied your mail. Am supposed to be at Festac tomorrow for a wedding but if am unable to make it, will let you know. cool cool
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 11:49am On May 31, 2013
berem: I just replied your mail. Am supposed to be at Festac tomorrow for a wedding but if am unable to make it, will let you know. cool cool
na so the thing dey start, you don dey exchange contacts to go see someone after a wedding for Festac, na so Cynthia take delete. Una leg no dey stay one place and close. I'm waiting to hear about you on channels news
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 12:02pm On May 31, 2013
googlepikin: na so the thing dey start, you don dey exchange contacts to go see someone after a wedding for Festac, na so Cynthia take delete. Una leg no dey stay one place and close. I'm waiting to hear about you on channels news
Thanks for your advice. your can as well tell your unmarried sisters to do the same. They need the advice more than i do.You should also await their demise on Channels TV. cool cool
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by BlackBaron: 12:11pm On May 31, 2013
Festac has turned to an human zoo.

By the way, thought the affairs of Festac is supposed to be under the FG ala FHA.

Used to be an envied well planned middle class suburb, but now in a state of absolute decay. From transformer problems, no roads, to non existent infrastructures.

Same rehashed stories all over again...
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by pheesayor(m): 4:01pm On May 31, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
berem: Thanks for your advice. your can as well tell your unmarried sisters to do the same. They need the advice more than i do.You should also await their demise on Channels TV. cool cool
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by osaxx: 2:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
Dat LGA boss I know him personally...he is very rude and always chasing shadow. He has said festac belongs to federal govt, he cannot fix the road issue, but he collects tax from every petty to big business in that local govt. He wasted the LG money in las vegas playing gamble and immediately from america he heard he has been impeached.

It took tinubu his godfather to come n reinstate him,he has one of the best house in festac.he is fond of intimidating people in d street of festac. I see him everytime disturbin law abiding nigerians. My kid sister almost slapped him oneday on 4th avenue. Now, he wants to date her.

ACN ar the worst set of politicians ever seen!
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
osaxx: Dat LGA boss I know him personally...he is very rude and always chasing shadow. He has said festac belongs to federal govt, he cannot fix the road issue, but he collects tax from every petty to big business in that local govt. He wasted the LG money in las vegas playing gamble and immediately from america he heard he has been impeached.

It took tinubu his godfather to come n reinstate him,he has one of the best house in festac.he is fond of intimidating people in d street of festac. I see him everytime disturbin law abiding nigerians. My kid sister almost slapped him oneday on 4th avenue. Now, he wants to date her.

ACN ar the worst set of politicians ever seen!
Festac Town belongs to Federal government and he went ahead to rehabilitate roads leading to the local government Secretariat and his house? See how silly he sounds.smh
Re: Amuwo LGA Arrests Orange Sellers And Locks Shops On Democracy Day by osaxx: 7:25am On Jun 03, 2013
He drives on a toyota sequia jeep with faces of tinubu,awolowo,soyinka on it.
He says festac is federal government property but yet he collects all kinds of levies frm FG property.

At a point he was the one destroying the festac roads with just potholes with tractor,he will snap it and send the pics to abuja for approval of big money contract, because he is tired of eating small potholes money.

I drive in festac I know what am talking about, I lived in festac for over 30years. I love festac with all my heart. But AYO has introduced all kinds of tinubus agberos in festac intimidating people.

Before AYO came festac remained the only City without agbero and OPC in the whole of south west nigeria. Festac was a place you go into and have sense of belonging.

FG should take over festac, cos it requires the kind of attention given to Abuja.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Biafra Would Look Like After Independence / "Buhari is very sick" - Kemi Olunoyo / Idris Mohammed Regains Freedom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.