Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,887 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:21 PM

Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration (7782 Views)

Prove Your Allegations Against Us, INEC Dares PDP / Governor Fashola Dares Agbaje, Publish Your LUC Receipts / Sanusi Erases Scheduled Leave, Dares Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by EkoIle1: 1:44am On May 31, 2013
Lagos State Governor, Mr. Babatunde Fashola (SAN) has dared the state chapter of People's Democratic Party (PDP), leaders to investigate his administration if they are in doubt of how the state is being run.

He urged the leadership of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) to remain focused on the mandate for which it was established, saying such an anti-graft agency should not be an ally of witch-hunting.

The comment came on the same day the governor, along with several stakeholders in the state, unveiled the Lekki-Ikoyi bridge, which the governor said was made possible by the noble disposition of the late President Umaru Yar' Adua to the project

Fashola yesterday expressed the views in an interview with a four-man panel, which comprised Editor-in-Chief of Vanguard Newspapers, Mr. Gbenga Adefaye; Daily Editor of The Sun Newspapers, Mr. Steve Nwosu; a human right lawyer, Mr. Mohammed Fawehinmi and Channels Television broadcaster, Ms. Maupe Ogun.

Fashola acknowledged the right of the opposition to raise questions on issues in a democracy, explaining that the activities of his critics had helped him to do more and be more effective.

He added that the opposition continued "to do their jobs. The important thing "is that they need to investigate us. Our administration is open to investigation. But the EFCC must remain focused on its mandate.

"The EFCC should not be an ally to witch-hunting. I understand by my training that a leader should submit to investigation. I am ready to give account for everything this administration has done from 2007 till date."

http://allafrica.com/stories/201305300151.html

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by CyberG: 1:48am On May 31, 2013
This guy Fashola should be Nigeria's president!

26 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by bobthebuilder99(m): 4:01am On May 31, 2013
CyberG: This guy Fashola should be Nigeria's president!

Ethnic tribalists are filled with hatred and jealousy at the success of Lagos.

They will rather live in poverty than vote in a Yoruba performer from the South West.

8 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Xfactoria: 4:28am On May 31, 2013
Bullshit!

Since he is beginning to sound like a saint, the investigation should start from when he was Chief of Staff to Tinubu (2003 - 2007) in which period, his law firm fraudulently connived with Tinubu to perfect titles and convert large expanse of Lagos state government land in Lekki in the names of persons and organizations with whom/in which Tinubu has interest (including Justice Ayo Salami). It should also cover how his campaign was funded in 2007 and 2011 and all the contracts he awarded to his friends fronting for him.

I know people will jump out to say he is a performer but this guy should not play on our intelligence!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 4:29am On May 31, 2013
I am strongly believing that each Politician has a degree of madness in him. Fashola can not authoritatively and sincerely say that he has NOT pocketed some cash outside his salary, but what he can say, is that he is a professional in hiding his own loot. No Politician is without blemish so Fashola cant f00l me.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:26am On May 31, 2013
X-factoria:
Bullshit!

Since he is beginning to sound like a saint, the investigation should start from when he was Chief of Staff to Tinubu (2003 - 2007) in which period, his law firm fraudulently connived with Tinubu to perfect titles and convert large expanse of Lagos state government land in Lekki in the names of persons and organizations with whom/in which Tinubu has interest (including Justice Ayo Salami). It should also cover how his campaign was funded in 2007 and 2011 and all the contracts he awarded to his friends fronting for him.

I know people will jump out to say he is a performer but this guy should not play on our intelligence!

Do you have any proof of this, or do you just enjoy running your mouth?

For all the people calling Tinubu "Tinubu" I haven't seen anyone put forward any PROOF of him stealing anything.
Tinubu singlehandedly created the strongest opposition party in Nigeria, and he did it while transforming the SW Zone. This "Tinubu" thing probably started because PDP was scared of him. LOL, PDP is STILL scared of him.

Stop hating.

19 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by bobthebuilder99(m): 5:31am On May 31, 2013
Billyonaire: I am strongly believing that each Politician has a degree of madness in him. Fashola can not authoritatively and sincerely say that he has NOT pocketed some cash outside his salary, but what he can say, is that he is a professional in hiding his own loot. No Politician is without blemish so Fashola cant f00l me.

Just because your deadbeat Governor is robbing you blind, you think Fashola must be stealing too?

Governors already get a bloated salary of over $1 million US Dollars. Let's not forget all the "allowances" and other rubbish our politicians give themselves. Any high ranking politician that steals in Naija is just greedy. They don't NEED to do it.

5 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:56am On May 31, 2013
X-factoria:
Bullshit!

to say he is free from fraud is a lie,
To try and find fault from a lawyer is a dead quest.
And nobody needs to jump to say he's a performer, u will be wearing a red in a white party to say he is not! If only u get ma drill!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:58am On May 31, 2013
Billyonaire: I am strongly believing that each Politician has a degree of madness in him. Fashola can not authoritatively and sincerely say that he has NOT pocketed some cash outside his salary, but what he can say, is that he is a professional in hiding his own loot. No Politician is without blemish so Fashola cant f00l me.
and u can't fool us either. We knw u dnt av shishi in ur bank account, oh self acclaimed billionaire! grin

10 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by gbadexy(m): 9:35am On May 31, 2013
The guy is no saint and as a lawyer, he would have thought ahead and covered his tracks tightly against any loop hole.
But that aside, the man is a progressive and proactive governor. You can't deny that.
It won't be bad if he rules nigeria. I think I would rather vote him or dora akinyuli for president rather than buhari that I'm considering.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by GeneralJ(m): 1:32pm On May 31, 2013
OGA fash, carry go joor, ignore your haters, while you are comisioning miniwaterworks, thier boss is comisioning borehole, while you are comissioning suspension brigdes, thier boss is yet to start construction of 2km bridge that has been promised since 199guguguru mtcheww.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:37pm On May 31, 2013
why? Because has managed about 17 million people out of about 170 million nigerians? or because he's tolling some newly constructed roads/bridges? Just asking

1 Like

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by moscobabs(m): 1:37pm On May 31, 2013
if I rule Lagos I can do beta....bt kudos to fashola
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:38pm On May 31, 2013
all of them are indirect thieves

1 Like

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by tosinlonge(m): 1:39pm On May 31, 2013
The fact remains that no Nigerian Politician is clean. however, when you come accross the vry few among them that have a lot to show for thier stay in power(like Fashola) you tend to over look their faults. What does PDP as a whole have to show for their uninterrupted 14 years occupying the central government? what has Jona got to show for his almost 4 years as President(including when he was acting)? Let them free Fashola ooooo!!!

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by dridowu: 1:41pm On May 31, 2013
Babatunde Raji Fashola A.K.A Brighter Rewarding Future for Lagosian
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:42pm On May 31, 2013
Clicked on this thread to hoping to see Fashola at a Motorpark in his singlet, armed with broken bottles in both hands,and shouting in Yoruba daring PDP to investigate his administration....

Instead I saw this;
I am ready to give account for everything this administration has done from 2007 till date."

That's hardly a dare now, is it?

How disappointing undecided

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:43pm On May 31, 2013
Hello please can any one show me the anywhere onthe internet or any source or link to show that our plitical office holders earn more than the U.S president. I am asking because som1 was arguing wit me. I searched the web and i saw somtin like senators earning. 1 million naira as basic salary and Barack obama earning 400,000 dollars. Which is more than 1 million naira.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 31, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Just because your deadbeat Governor is robbing you blind, you think Fashola must be stealing too?

Governors already get a bloated salary of over $1 million US Dollars. Let's not forget all the "allowances" and other rubbish our politicians give themselves. Any high ranking politician that steals in Naija is just greedy. They don't NEED to do it.

Do not insult me, I demand respect from you. I am NOT here to tell you that my Governor is a saint, my Governor is a crook just like any Governor and other politicians including 'progressive' Fashola. I stand by my assertion that Fashola is an educated and sophisticated crook, he trusts his surrogates and fronts enough to challenge EFCC to investigate him. His utterance doesnt make him 'holy', we all know that this, but we simply can not proof his embezzlement cos he is a better crook than my Governor. Peace!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:45pm On May 31, 2013
thesame way Amaechi gingered...now he's calling on the youths to help defend him
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by AZeD1(m): 1:47pm On May 31, 2013
Every Nigerian politician is a thief but Fashola is on a different level.

As a note to all GEJ ass lickers especially insincere Nigerian the quoted part shows you a man who is intelligent unlike Abati, Okupe and co who abuse the opposition like its a crime to criticize the government.
Fashola acknowledged the right of the opposition to raise questions on issues in a democracy, explaining that the activities of his critics had helped him to do more and be more effective.

He added that the opposition continued "to do their jobs. The important thing "is that they need to investigate us. Our administration is open to investigation. But the EFCC must remain focused on its mandate.

6 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by TVTKOKO(m): 1:48pm On May 31, 2013
yes,you may be right!no politician is without blemish,but,dnt you think he is better than those OTHERS(i do nt mention name,but of cause you knw them!) that eat with their two hands without thinking about the citizens?i tell you,if those OTHERS followed suit lyk him,there will be a decrease in the cases of corruption,and Nigeria will be manageable 4 us all.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 31, 2013
SLIDE waxie: and u can't fool us either. We knw u dnt av shishi in ur bank account, oh self acclaimed billionaire! grin
You are right, I do not have shishi in my bank account, I do have other legal tenders like Naira, dollars, Yuan, Euro etc in my multiple denominated portfolio. This is NOT about me or your insult of my personal enterprise. This is about one of the hypocrites aka politicians; telling us that he is holier than the other charlatans. I simply can not be f00led by another politicians, they are there for their pockets and we need not dance to their raggae because they are 'our person'. I rest in Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Freezle(m): 1:50pm On May 31, 2013
For all I can say right now is that Fashola has placed him self in an Outstanding position in the country. Hes a man that understand what it means to be guided by rules and regulation of a country and state. He should be respected.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 31, 2013
gbadexy:
The guy is no saint and as a lawyer, he would have thought ahead and covered his tracks tightly against any loop hole.
But that aside, the man is a progressive and proactive governor. You can't deny that.
It won't be bad if he rules nigeria. I think I would rather vote him or dora akinyuli for president rather than buhari that I'm considering.
I do NOT deny that Fashola is better than the other mediocres. He is NOT at his best as was expected from a SAN. His Policies are anti-poor. But I am not here for that today, today its about him saying that he is 'holy'. You and I, know that he is NOT. I am NOT too but I will NOT boast that EFCC will find me unblemished. So, Fashola should shut the fu/ck up and do his job. I am doing mine and paying my taxes.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:52pm On May 31, 2013
I personally like him.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:55pm On May 31, 2013
TVT KOKO: yes,you may be right!no politician is without blemish,but,dnt you think he is better than those OTHERS(i do nt mention name,but of cause you knw them!) that eat with their two hands without thinking about the citizens?i tell you,if those OTHERS followed suit lyk him,there will be a decrease in the cases of corruption,and Nigeria will be manageable 4 us all.
Other Governors never challenged EFCC to investigate them, so for someone to stake his head out and call for investigation, he is a better crook. If I am heading the EFCC, believe me, within 24hrs, Fashola will be found wanting. This is no boasting, we are making individuals bigger than institutions in this country, and that has to stop henceforth. If I mount the seat of EFCC, all Governors will be in jail on circumstantial evidences. I rest in peace.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Nobody: 1:58pm On May 31, 2013
Fashola my Guy, E sure u die!!!
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Acidosis(m): 2:17pm On May 31, 2013
He needs to shut his mouth!

They are all THIEVES..
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by Pontaboki: 2:20pm On May 31, 2013
Seconded.Let him say that he has not pocketed some huge cash before and see if Amadioha will not strike him down.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by ba7man(m): 2:21pm On May 31, 2013
Billyonaire:
Do not insult me, I demand respect from you. I am NOT here to tell you that my Governor is a saint, my Governor is a crook just like any Governor and other politicians including 'progressive' Fashola. I stand by my assertion that Fashola is an educated and sophisticated crook, he trusts his surrogates and fronts enough to challenge EFCC to investigate him. His utterance doesnt make him 'holy', we all know that this, but we simply can not proof his embezzlement cos he is a better crook than my Governor. Peace!
You don't demand for Respect...it is earned.
Re: Fashola Dares PDP To Investigate His Administration by tdade(m): 2:29pm On May 31, 2013
olire: Hello please can any one show me the anywhere onthe internet or any source or link to show that our plitical office holders earn more than the U.S president. I am asking because som1 was arguing wit me. I searched the web and i saw somtin like senators earning. 1 million naira as basic salary and Barack obama earning 400,000 dollars. Which is more than 1 million naira.
. Obama's basic salary is $400000. I think his allowances are provided on a needs basis. Our law makers pocket their salary and allowances which amounts to roughly $1.5M their basic salary though is between 10-15 thousand dollars. The remaining 1.4M is bonuses and allowances. Crazy right? Google it to confirm though, it may be more than that.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

New Outfit Of Biafra Security Service (BSS) / What A Truthful Yoruba Man Said About Recent Igbo-yoruba Rift / Where To Register For National I.d Card In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.