Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,192 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Starting An Oil Palm Plantation - Agriculture (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting An Oil Palm Plantation (240683 Views)

Aregbesola Interacts With Farmers In Their Cocoa Plantation (pics) / Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Invest In Oil Palm Plantation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by maleeks(m): 3:10pm On Sep 28, 2019
THMT:

Very urgent. I need red Palm oil to be exported from Nigeria to North African countries.
100 tons per month for a year contract so the oil mill or company must gurantee delivery and have capacity to deliver nothing less than 100 tons monthly.
I guarantee you... from Ogbomoso, 100 tons
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Ezeromeoil01(m): 6:31pm On Sep 29, 2019
If you have palm kernel for sale please contact me a colleague needs it

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Sholaystar4me(m): 7:23am On Oct 05, 2019
@felixz01 and @tjadeniyi if you are still on this forum please kindly quote this post.

Thanks
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 7:39am On Oct 05, 2019
Sholaystar4me:
@felixz01 and @tjadeniyi if you are still on this forum please kindly quote this post.

Thanks
I dey kampe
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Sholaystar4me(m): 7:41am On Oct 05, 2019
I go email you bro, I need your phone or whatsapp number.

Modified: I emailed you boss

felixzo1:
I dey kampe
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 8:19am On Oct 05, 2019
Sholaystar4me:
I go email you bro, I need your phone or whatsapp number.

Modified: I emailed you boss

talk2fanen@gmail.com
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 5:26pm On Nov 05, 2019
THMT:

Very urgent. I need red Palm oil to be exported from Nigeria to North African countries.
100 tons per month for a year contract so the oil mill or company must gurantee delivery and have capacity to deliver nothing less than 100 tons monthly.
Hope you've gotten the steady supply link here.
If no or not yet satisfied.
Chat me up on my WhatsApp.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 5:29pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sholaystar4me:

Thanks
Very much here.
Halla me on WhatsApp
I am honored
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 12:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Acres of land suitable for both Annual and perennial crops available for sale or lease...... Location Edo state... For details contact pryncipal consult on 08051238707
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Sampunk(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2020
okine4real:
Also wanting to cheap in some ideas that just stumbled into mine head. One of the main reason most farmers dont make enough profit is because they spend more money hiring labour. Mine Plantation has not started yet, but due to what i have read and mine experence in mine present business, i know that the higher your hired Laboured, the lower your profit.

As for me, if i want to Harvest mine Palms, it would be mine staffs that would be harvesting, i would not hire Labour. Also to make your Harvest Fast and for your Staff not to get tired easily while harvesting, i would use a mechcalnized Harvesting tool. I dont know if you have seen this tool before... The tool is about 6inch long, it as a kind of generator at the base which you would start like a generator, then the otherside of the tool as an opening mouth. The tool has different harvesting technique, it is a sickle, cutlass, shovel mouth etc So when you want to harvest you just insert any the kind of technique you want to use and off you go. In two seconds you are through with a particular tree. So while waste your time paying villagers or a labourer 100 Naira to help you harvest just one tree? Also there is also another Machine you can use to weed your plantation? Just like those machines you see, those farmers use in triming grasses along Ikorodu road. Instead of hairing Labours to weed your plantation, just buy like 3pc of the machines and when your staffs are free in the factory, drive them down to the plantation for them to weed.

But in all, Management is still the key.... If you can manage your plantation well..... You would always be smiling to the bank.

Any farmer in the house should please shed some light on mine thread....................

Hi... I guess you would be ripping the fruit of your palm tree now... Can you share with us the challenges you face in this past years nurturing and growing your palm plantation.. Thank you very much

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by ayufun: 10:03pm On May 26, 2020
I was thinking cocoa is more profitable than palm but a friend seems to disagree.

Can any experienced palm farmer do yield analysis (from the oil, kennel and others) for an acre of land.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Henryimoter(m): 8:34am On Jun 01, 2020
For soybeans call 07069670428
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 7:54am On Jun 06, 2020
"When you leverage on the experience of the professionals,success is guaranteed"
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by inception101(m): 4:13pm On Aug 11, 2020
Guys I'm about to plant 4 hectares. What's best practice
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 7:10pm On Aug 11, 2020
inception101:
Guys I'm about to plant 4 hectares. What's best practice
nice one
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 3:12pm On Aug 15, 2020
inception101:
Guys I'm about to plant 4 hectares. What's best practice .
First, I have to congratulate you for you are about to take a life changing decision.
The best practice is that you source for your planting material from the right source. Aviod Cheap / Compromised planting materials people are parading or harwking online. Also determine the accessibility of the farm for easy evacuation of your produces. Employ experts/ experienced hand to handle the Planting for you.
The total number of oil palm require for your four hectares is Six hundread and twenty.
For further information contact. 08051238707.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by jimmyj: 3:15pm On Aug 21, 2020
Please elder in the house, is three acres of palm oil plantation feasibly? As in profitable? That is what I can afford now.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by tjadeniyi(m): 12:15am On Aug 23, 2020
jimmyj:
Please elder in the house, is three acres of palm oil plantation feasibly? As in profitable? That is what I can afford now.
Very feasible and profitable provided you cross your 't's and dot your 'I's
Start Small, Think Big
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by FarmandTractors: 8:31am On Aug 23, 2020
At Farm&Tractors , we offer the best service in agricultural land preparations for your farm projects. Our services cut across land deforestation-bulldozing, plowing, harrowing etc. All tree growth, stumps, large stones and other obstacles to the normal operation of farm equipment shall be completely removed. Land clearing method shall limit the loss of topsoil removed from the area being cleared. Debris piles shall also be free from mud and topsoil. Call us at 09056508129, (08062288737 -available on whatsApp).

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by stanleyravos: 12:39pm On Aug 23, 2020
Nice thread
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by king4afric(m): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2020
Hi everyone and thanks you guys for this platform and all contribution , please am looking for cheap farmland like 100 plot Dalta igbo spaeking area or Anambra state .thanks for palm platation .070 one 5 four 27 two zoro 2 whatsapp only
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Jovar(m): 1:44pm On Nov 27, 2020
For your nursed Hybrid (Tenera) seedlings & Super gene oil palm Seedling (and ALL other seedlings), 4, 6 & 10 month old palm seed available
Buy from Jovar Resources

Other hybrid seedlings available:
❇ Giant plantain and banana sucker
❇ dwarf pawpaw seed and seedling
❇ sweet orange,grape,lisbon and indian lemon,tangerlo,and seedling of double budded of all citrus species
❇ grafted mango seedling
❇ jumbo guava seed and seedling
❇ cashew seedling
❇ oilpalm seedling (tenera)
❇ dwarf and hybrid coconut seedling
❇ soursop seed and seedling
❇ pinapple sucker
❇ xylopia (eeru) seedling
❇ passion fruit seed and seedling
❇ african walnut seedling
❇ irvingia gabonensis (oro) seedling
❇ irvingia wombulu (ogbono) seedling
❇ avocado seedling
❇ Local peer (ube) seedling
❇ bell apple seedling
❇ sugar apple seedling
❇ Semi Arid / Wambugu apple seedling
❇ bread fruit seedling ( nut and yam type)
❇ noni plant seedlings
❇ Cocoa seedlings
and many other seedlings...

Jovar Resources™ (Rc: 2875407)
Call: 08036399734
Whatsapp: https:///2348036399734

We're located behind the Glo office in Challenge, Ibadan, Oyo State, you can come carry your seedlings, or we send to you in I any location in Nigeria easily by transport .

Call to buy now cheaper rate...

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Edetfreeman: 8:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Tnk you to all for such wonderful education. Pls i will be glad if someone can educate me how many ffb can one hectare produce and the tonnes of red oil per annum from the producing year
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 5:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Projected harvest per hectare / year @ peak for a mature Oil palm plantation .... 50Tones of FFB / year.. ie 17 tone of oil / year =18,700 liters of palm oil /year... Hope this help for details contact ...08051238707

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Mgbadike80: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2021
okine4real:
I have been hearing lots of people, talking about different types of Agricultural produce they can plant or would want to plant, But what i have not seen on these forum is for someone to really come out and tell us, all the stress, difficulties, ups and down he/she went through before setting up there plantation.

I want to start by saying i have managed to secure mine self 13 plots of land. Each plot is a 100 by 100 feet. i want to start up an oil palm plantation. I have been able to buy 1755 oil palm Nursery from NIFOR. My story goes like these.......

Each oil palm nursery cost 150 Naira
Loading of each oil palm Nursery inside the vehicle is 20 Naira each
I paid 50,000 to convey the goods from IMO state to Ibusa Delta state.

On getting to the farm, the vehicle could not get to ibusa on time, the vehicle got to ibusa around 9.30pm. So the vehicle had to park in the house for the night. The next morning the journey to the farm began around 6.30Am, on getting to the entrance of the farm, the vehicle could not go in, because of poor road network. The vehicle managed to drive in but as the vehicle drove in, some sticks punctured one tire. So we had to off load the hold oil palm nursery on the ground. So we hard to go hire a pick up van. The van owner charged us 6,000 to convey the nursery to a location closer to mine own farm because there are other people farm in front of mine farm. now after that, i had to call the Hausa boys to use there wheelbarrow to convey the nursery to the farm, they charged 24,000. na wa ohhhh

Now the next stage is for me to plant. My mum's brother did one of these Agricultural causes is school, so he is a professional when planting oil palms.

We used a spacing is 8.7feet. you heard me clear, 8.7 feet. while they where doing the measurement, you know when planting oil palm, you have to do pegging, some hard roots was sitting on the sport where he was suppose to plant the oil palm, there was so much roots on the ground, we called the Hausa people again, they charged me 30,000 to uproot all the hard roots. so work continued. As am specking now, they have finished planting the 1755 oil palms. They would be buying more 200 palms because its like the land is more bigger than with i was told.

While am putting these here is for the new people that wants to go into farming. People, if you must go into farming, you must have money..... The more you go into it, the more unforeseen issues comes, and if you don't have cash to solve the issue immediately, your work would be suspended.

Also it does not end in just planting, there are still lots of things to be done before the said three years when you would starting harvesting.

So far so good, i have don't lots of mistakes in setting up mine oil palm plantation. If i have read some post that advices one on NL about setting up Oil palm plantation, i would not have made these silly mistakes.

if you are setting up an oil palm plantation.

Never you buy expensive lands.
Buy from NIFOR in your State not from outside your state
Let there me good motor able rood, so the vehicle conveying the palms can go into your land direct.
Make sure there is know roots in the ground that would disturb when planting

I would update later when more things comes into mine head

Chairman, good day. please, how is your palm plantation faring with the spacing you used? is the output ok? urgent response needed. Thanks and remain blessed.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by Royal54(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2021
Is this achievable by any means? Doesn't look realistic if I must say.

pryncipal:

Projected harvest per hectare / year @ peak for a mature Oil palm plantation .... 50Tones of FFB / year.. ie 17 tone of oil / year =18,700 liters of palm oil /year... Hope this help for details contact ...08051238707

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by dandylass: 4:09pm On Mar 24, 2021
I suggest we have a WhatsApp group for effective communication on this field. My WhatsApp line is 08036292779

2 Likes

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by erivo(m): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2021
Can i start a palm plantation on a 2550.193sqmt land ?

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 3:36pm On Jun 05, 2021
erivo:
Can i start a palm plantation on a 2550.193sqmt land. ?
This can only accommodate 33 oil palms standard practice.
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by steveyen(m): 4:37am On Jun 15, 2021
Hi all I am about to start an oil palm plantation. Someone is trying to sell supergene to us online but I have read in several fora that in Nigeria people just parade Tenera as Supergene that there is not really Supergene in Nigeria.

Pls is this correct ? How can one not be scammed in buying the seedling? Help needed pls
Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by felixzo1(m): 8:00am On Jun 15, 2021
steveyen:
Hi all I am about to start an oil palm plantation. Someone is trying to sell supergene to us online but I have read in several fora that in Nigeria people just parade Tenera as Supergene that there is not really Supergene in Nigeria.

Pls is this correct ? How can one not be scammed in buying the seedling? Help needed pls
buy from presco in edo state

1 Like

Re: Starting An Oil Palm Plantation by pryncipal: 1:14pm On Jun 16, 2021
steveyen:

Pls is this correct ? How can one not be scammed in buying the seedling? Help needed pls.
Come to NiFOR... Nigerian Institute for Oil Palm Research ..I will guide you.. I can be reached on 08051238707

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. / The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.