Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,177 members, 7,815,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views - Music/Radio (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views (13117 Views)

Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Dbanj Oliver Twist Official Video HD / NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Bodmas06: 7:58pm On May 31, 2013
moderatorr: f*ck mavin and their banana infested songs.
Seconded.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 31, 2013
What is even in that oliver twist,I never liked it and still don't like it. undecided

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by kayce19: 8:16pm On May 31, 2013
otumfour:

I ENJOY READING THIS GUY grin grin grin grin

same with me o.the guy funny die
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by mistiff007(m): 8:57pm On May 31, 2013
adebayo6:
On which planet?
Mars. grin, grin grin grin grin.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Crayola1: 9:38pm On May 31, 2013
arcbabe: What is even in that oliver twist,I never liked it and still don't like it. undecided

+1 the song sucks azz but people talk as if its the second coming tongue
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Soso990240(m): 11:10pm On May 31, 2013
omar22: I wonder in the last 12 months how much has Don Jazzy earned from the sales of Oliver Twist CD,MP3,Iphone etc.

Would the Answer am looking for be ? ZERO PENNY
u no knw anythng.any song dbanj sang wen he was in Mohit is a Label song.they had a contract remember.Don jazzy has his percentage in evry penny made from oliver twist.wetin u knw sef?
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by DonaldGenes(m): 11:41pm On May 31, 2013
wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 01, 2013
The song sounds better on stage. Didn't like it when it was first released until I watched a live band play with D'banj. The drummer was just brilliant!
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by cfours: 2:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Graphene: Taking nothing away from Dbanj, I believe the collabo with the romanian-briton did that track a whole lot of good in terms of marketing it to the foreign audience also not forgetting that the story,oliver twist,is a very popular one that has endeared billions all over the world.
I personally would love the Dbanj and Don Jazzy bruhaha to end. Many will agree that both parties haven't blown us away with their individual music since they went their separate ways.
this is just my opinion, please don't burn!!

I agree. most of the views r due to the collaboration/people involved in d video: Bricka-bricka and Kanye.
but the song has a really catchy tune to D'banj's credit cool
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by omar22(m): 7:38am On Jun 01, 2013
Soso990240: u no knw anythng.any song dbanj sang wen he was in Mohit is a Label song.they had a contract remember.Don jazzy has his percentage in evry penny made from oliver twist.wetin u knw sef?

Look when they split the only thing Dbanj took away from was the catalogue to all his music.. Sorry bro Don Jazzy doesnt get dime from any of Dbanj's previous songs even if he re-release them in the future
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by mruknaijaboy(m): 8:06am On Jun 01, 2013
omar22:

Look when they split the only thing Dbanj took away from was the catalogue to all his music.. Sorry bro Don Jazzy doesnt get dime from any of Dbanj's previous songs even if he re-release them in the future

Err ur actually wrong

he does because don jazzy produced the beats so therefore as long as dbanj songs with don jazzy production are making money you can bet your ass don jazzy gets a nice percentage of it
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by omar22(m): 8:33am On Jun 01, 2013
mruknaijaboy:

Err ur actually wrong

he does because don jazzy produced the beats so therefore as long as dbanj songs with don jazzy production are making money you can bet your ass don jazzy gets a nice percentage of it

Go back and read about the separation, I guess you know what a "Music Catalogue" is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_catalog

Its like saying Quincy Jones has a cut on the sale of every Michael Jackson album..... Like I said the Music Catalogue is the only thing Dbanj took from Mohit... I guess Don Jazzy was too dumb to notice what he was letting go.

I would say it again if they re-release every single song sang by Dbanj again, Don Jazzy wont get a dime.... and I need to confirm when he (Dbanj) took the music catalogue, whether he took only his or every song sang under the Mohit label.

And the main fact that the Video production has nothing to do with Don Jazzy!
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Afam4eva(m): 8:49am On Jun 01, 2013
omar22:

Go back and read about the separation, I guess you know what a "Music Catalogue" is? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Music_catalog

Its like saying Quincy Jones has a cut on the sale of every Michael Jackson album..... Like I said the Music Catalogue is the only thing Dbanj took from Mohit... I guess Don Jazzy was too dumb to notice what he was letting go.

I would say it again if they re-release every single song sang by Dbanj again, Don Jazzy wont get a dime.... and I need to confirm when he (Dbanj) took the music catalogue, whether he took only his or every song sang under the Mohit label.

Did Quincy jones co-own the record that Micheal Jackson was on or was he just a music producer? There's a difference between the two. Don Jazzy produced the song as the owner or co-owner of mo-hits and the song belongs to Mo-hits not D'Banj, so whatever proceeds that emanate from the song he did while at mohits has to be shared with Don Jazzy.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Inik: You guys must dreaming. Psquare's 'No one like you' video has over 70 million youtube views
u mean 70 thousand
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by sigidporte(m): 9:48am On Jun 01, 2013
informa: This guy truly deserves applauds and accolades and this is coming from not-a-dbanj fan! No Nigerian has had that kind of video view on youtube on a single song! 20 million, that's is feat worth celebrating!

www.tutubranch.com/2013/05/its-great-to-see-one-of-our-very-own.html?m=1

Im happy for you d'banj, congrats. (wont celebrate a foreigner and my own will be left out . More power to your elbow...
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by raphealolami(m): 10:20am On Jun 01, 2013
viroblaze:
Retards everywhere I go....

Take things easy. " †ђξ guy is an entertainer" in d'banj's voice.

Wait o.m if u see retards wherever you go. Don't u think you need to check yourself? Am just asking, hope you won't see me as your retarded mate.

"Eni bii ahun nin ri ahun eee" in 9ice's voice
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by omar22(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
Afam4eva:
Did Quincy jones co-own the record that Micheal Jackson was on or was he just a music producer? There's a difference between the two. Don Jazzy produced the song as the owner or co-owner of mo-hits and the song belongs to Mo-hits not D'Banj, so whatever proceeds that emanate from the song he did while at mohits has to be shared with Don Jazzy.

Nothing has to be shared with Don Jazzy because Dbanj holds the right to to all his songs.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by babyboy3(m): 8:09am On Jun 02, 2013
omar22:

You are absolutely SPOT ON!!!..... Don Jazzy gave up every right to a penny or shishi to any of Dbanj's past songs when Dbanj walked away from the Music catalogue. Dbanj has the sole right to his songs! This reminds me of destiny child when they bought out the previous 2 members.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by dokia: 1:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
naija music has defintiely come a long way! I would like to see the statistics of that video.....where are all the views coming from?
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by viroblaze: 4:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
rapheal_olami:

Take things easy. " †ђξ guy is an entertainer" in d'banj's voice.

Wait o.m if u see retards wherever you go. Don't u think you need to check yourself? Am just asking, hope you won't see me as your retarded mate.

"Eni bii ahun nin ri ahun eee" in 9ice's voice
The Lion and the chicken got no connection.... Junior, go to your room..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Throwback Galala/ajegunle Songs / Yemi Alade - "Bum Bum" (Video) / MOBO Awards: Burna Boy, Rema Nominated For Best International Act In 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.