Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,270 members, 7,815,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views (13119 Views)

Dbanj's Oliver Twist Single Is No1 On UK Urban & Dance Chart / Dbanj Oliver Twist Official Video HD / NBC Bans Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist" Song For Lewd Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by airmark(m): 6:28pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
You're re-enforcing my point. he couldn't have sand "Oliver twist" there. He sang a song that was more commensurate with the occasion but he wasn't necessarily invited because of this relatively unknown song. He was invited because he was D'banj.

Aint re-inforcing any point of yours. He was called in order to sing that TOP OF THE WORLD song. His performance with the choreographers confirmed this. Yes, he has the name, but the 'Top of the world' song was a theme song for the competition. If it was all about name, why did n't they call Tuface or Psquare?
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by ifihearam: 6:30pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
What point were you trying to make with your assertion? I think I addressed it succinctly.

No on the contrary you addressed it nonchalantly.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Afam4eva(m): 6:31pm On May 31, 2013
airmark:

Aint re-inforcing any point of yours. He was called in order to sing that TOP OF THE WORLD song. His performance with the choreographers confirmed this. Yes, he has the name, but the 'Top of the world' song was a theme song for the competition. Why did n't they call Tuface or Psquare?
At least you can agree with me that that "Top of the World" is not a popular song, so the point you were making with it still doesn't hold water. Since after "Oliver Twist", every other song he has released has been average in terms of response from Music lovers. Even Tongolo, Fall in Love and other songs he did in time past thumps his new songs in terms of popularity.

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by ifihearam: 6:32pm On May 31, 2013
airmark:

Aint re-inforcing any point of yours. He was called in order to sing that TOP OF THE WORLD song. His performance with the choreographers confirmed this. Yes, he has the name, but the 'Top of the world' song was a theme song for the competition. If it was all about name, why did n't they call Tuface or Psquare?

help me ask the bad belle pikin

Its worthy to re-iterate once more that Dbanj is gone ahead of the above listed musicians for good. Not to brag
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Diasporan(m): 6:35pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
I think the highest views that any Psquare's songs have gotten is around 15million and that was for Chop My Money while Beautiful Onyinye got about 13million
That's correct.The foreign collabo is what gave them those views.Same with the viral contest of Oliver twist dance and the Romanian-Briton David Vujanic aka Bricka Bricka featured gave Dbanj those views.Infact the dude's appearance made that song to sell like hot akara and even made the music to climb to number one in Romanian music chart.Those guys have real marketing strategies and packaging

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by phestade(m): 6:36pm On May 31, 2013
Banga Lee Always Setting Pace
The More Critics, The More Success
Pls Keep Criticising him...

More Guap, D'banj is Balling,
Haters are Hating

I love Don Jazzy, I love D'banj,
I wish both of 'em works together again in d nearest future

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by airmark(m): 6:37pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
At least you can agree with me that that "Top of the World" is not a popular song, so the point you were making with it still doesn't hold water. Since after "Oliver Twist", every other song he has released has been average in terms of response from Music lovers. Even Tongolo, Fall in Love and other songs he did in time past thumps his new songs in terms of popularity.

Keep shifting goal post to score cheap points. Yet you keep missing the targets and displaying your ignorance. Oliver twist is a club banger, Top of the world is for an occasion like nation's cup, inspirational song sort of.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Afam4eva(m): 6:38pm On May 31, 2013
Diasporan:
That's correct.The foreign collabo is what gave them those views.Same with the viral contest of Oliver twist dance and the Romanian-Briton David Vujanic aka Bricka Bricka featured gave Dbanj those views.Infact the dude's appearance made that song to sell like hot akara and even made the music to climb to number one in Romanian music chart.Those guys have real marketing strategies and packaging
Pls let's not downplay the role of psquare. How could they have gotten those views because of foreign collabo. Those songs were tight, so people viewed it because of that. The collabo had little to do with it imo. Who the heck is "David Vijanic"? "Oliver Twist" is one of the best songs to come out of Africa and it was popular because of that an not because of an anonymous person.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by ifihearam: 6:40pm On May 31, 2013
phestade: Banga Lee Always Setting Pace
The More Critics, The More Success
Pls Keep Criticising him...

More Guap, D'banj is Balling,
Haters are Hating

I love Don Jazzy, I love D'banj,
I wish both of 'em works together again in d nearest future

If wishes were horses beggars will ride.

Don jazzy blew that opportunity and now he resorted to selling milk in agege while Dbanj rubs shoulders with the "who is who" in the entertainment industry internationally.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Afam4eva(m): 6:41pm On May 31, 2013
airmark:

Keep shifting goal post to score cheap points. Yet you keep missing the targets and displaying your ignorance. Oliver twist is a club banger, Top of the world is for an occasion like nation's cup, inspirational song sort of.
Maybe you're the one shifting the goal post. The first point I made it that, D'Banj has not done any song as popular or even close as popular as Oliver twist. My argument is not whether he was called to the nations cup to sing "Top of the word" or not. That's the reason why I gave the Wande Coal and Da prince example.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by ifihearam: 6:42pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Pls let's not downplay the role of psquare. How could they have gotten those views because of foreign collabo. Those songs were tight, so people viewed it because of that. The collabo had little to do with it imo. Who the heck is "David Vijanic"? "Oliver Twist" is one of the best songs to come out of Africa and it was popular because of that an not because of an anonymous person.
op

you see why i cant stop hating your tribal sentiments.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Diasporan(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2013
Afam4eva:
Don't get it twisted bro.If you are into entertainment you will understand me better.There are a lot of good music online without much views.To butteress my point go check on the original song views and that in which these artiste featured these Americans and you will know the difference is clear.As for who is David Vujanic please make use of Google and check the comments on the Oliver twist video you will see that most people kept on watching it because of him.Less i forget how many Nigerians have MB to watch youtube videos?That will tell you that most of the viewers are not from Nigeria
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by DeGenius3(m): 6:45pm On May 31, 2013
omar22: Let the CIVIL WAR Begin......................

which war?
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Goldie20: 6:47pm On May 31, 2013
Lol.. i shared this video with all my friends on FB and other social media lol.. not surprised wink
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by truelovecom: 6:53pm On May 31, 2013
informa: This guy truly deserves applauds and accolades and this is coming from not-a-dbanj fan! No Nigerian has had that kind of video view on youtube on a single song! 20 million, that's is feat worth celebrating!

www.tutubranch.com/2013/05/its-great-to-see-one-of-our-very-own.html?m=1

1.) THANKS BE TO GOD FOR MAKING IT POSSIBLES. 2.)THANKS TO DON JAZZY FOR MAKING THE BEAT 3.) THANKS TO FANS FOR VIEWING THE VIDEO MORE THAN ONCE. 4.) THANKS TO MOHIT/MAVIN CREW FOR THEIR SUPPORT AND THANKS TO DBANJ FOR WRITING THE SONG
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by christextension: 6:56pm On May 31, 2013
ILLuminati connection
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Graphene(m): 6:58pm On May 31, 2013
Taking nothing away from Dbanj, I believe the collabo with the romanian-briton did that track a whole lot of good in terms of marketing it to the foreign audience also not forgetting that the story,oliver twist,is a very popular one that has endeared billions all over the world.
I personally would love the Dbanj and Don Jazzy bruhaha to end. Many will agree that both parties haven't blown us away with their individual music since they went their separate ways.
this is just my opinion, please don't burn!!
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by truelovecom: 7:01pm On May 31, 2013
christextension: ILLuminati connection
its not ILLUMINATI but music-market economics. LoL, its all about how well you hype your music.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Graphene(m): 7:03pm On May 31, 2013
Hehehehe una don come again with this illuminati conspiracy theory. Na wa ooo!! When did hard work and intelligence turn illuminati.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by truelovecom: 7:08pm On May 31, 2013
Graphene: Hehehehe una don come again with this illuminati conspiracy theory. Na wa ooo!! When did hard work and intelligence turn illuminati.

DBANJ IS A GOOD HYPER, CLAIM'S HIS SIGNED TO GOOD MUSIC, DEF JAM, MECURY RECORDS UK AND SONY MUSIC, JUST TO GAIN RECOGNITION
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by truelovecom: 7:10pm On May 31, 2013
DBANJ PAID K.WEST 3MILLION DOLLARS, JUST FOR K.WEST TO HYPE HIM
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 7:14pm On May 31, 2013
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by kingingkinging: 7:29pm On May 31, 2013
texaco1:
shut ur mouth.

NA FIGHT?
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by LBT: 7:35pm On May 31, 2013
Mayany: DBANJ STILL DWELLING ON OLD GLORY BETTER TRACE UR STEP BACK TO 9JA OOOO
old glory bringing new glory! 20m on youtube is resent.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Diasporan(m): 7:35pm On May 31, 2013
truelove.com:

DBANJ IS A GOOD HYPER, CLAIM'S HIS SIGNED TO GOOD MUSIC, DEF JAM, MECURY RECORDS UK AND SONY MUSIC, JUST TO GAIN RECOGNITION
My friend stop sounding funny.He is indeed signed onto Mercury Records, RCA, Sony Music Entertainment, GOOD Music.Signing those record labels all depends on what he was signed to do.For Sony Entertainment he serves as their representative in discovering young talents in Africa.As for he gave 3 million dollars to Kanye West to hype him embarassed you sound very ridiculous.How much does Dbanj have that he can give away such money just for hyping?Nigerians with their beer parlor gist without giving the gist they hear a second thought before swallowing in it all

1 Like

Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Gheng(m): 7:45pm On May 31, 2013
Eja Nla, oto laye e! If haters hate, then let them hate and watch the money pile up.
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 31, 2013
Diasporan:
You have to visit an eye doctor bro.That song has just 3,529,132 view.Abi you think say that number 20 million na Zimbabwe money?

Lmao @ 'Zimbabwe money' grin grin
Re: Dbanj's 'Oliver Twist' Has 20Million Youtube Views by Nobody: 7:50pm On May 31, 2013
truelove.com:
DBANJ PAID K.WEST 3MILLION DOLLARS, JUST FOR K.WEST TO HYPE HIM
grin grin grin
*Falls from Golden Gate bridge*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Yemi Alade - "Bum Bum" (Video) / MOBO Awards: Burna Boy, Rema Nominated For Best International Act In 2020 / List Of Radio Stations Owing N5 Billion Licence Fees Will Be Released Today– NBC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.