Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,078 members, 7,835,635 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (52) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340637 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Alamation(m): 5:56pm On Jun 17, 2013
cyrexx:
If you are using jelly bean no app is required to capture screen, just press and hold the power button + lower volume button at the same time. Make sure you press and hold both at the same time. Then check your picture gallery for the screen shot.
they surely stole that from iPhone. I use one so I know that's what we do to capture iPhone screen. grin
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by daminho(m): 6:00pm On Jun 17, 2013
cyrexx:
If you are using jelly bean no app is required to capture screen, just press and hold the power button + lower volume button at the same time. Make sure you press and hold both at the same time. Then check your picture gallery for the screen shot.
thanks cyreex ...gbayi
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Alamation(m): 6:01pm On Jun 17, 2013
marcjoe:

Lol I still ve 15gb left on my sim coupled with my mtn magic sim on sim2...presently downloading pes12 ...who can give me the link to fifa12 or fifa13 for Android......
Brother, biko yarn me the data trick please. Airtel and MTN own. Thanks bro :-
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sambo4allyahoocom: 6:58pm On Jun 17, 2013
directonpc: lumia 520 is 27k is nokia not paying em workers? And whats HD in 177ppi? Then u go call 233ppi super xtra HHDD
U dnt know wat u are talking.. We are talking about Andriod here and u re talking about Nokia.. If u no have money to buy dis F7 let those wo has d money buy it ok?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 7:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
Alamation: they surely stole that from iPhone. I use one so I know that's what we do to capture iPhone screen. grin

It's always like that. Everybody steals from everybody. Even the latest ios 7 steals a lot from android and windows phone. They are all guilty.

In the end, though, we users (whether ios, android or Windows) benefit.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
I just discovered that avast antivirus eats up a whole lot of battery....I just uninstalled mine today and d ba3 is now lasting like d first day I bought the phone..

4 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Francheezy(m): 9:26pm On Jun 17, 2013
marcjoe: I just discovered that avast antivirus eats up a whole lot of battery....I just uninstalled mine today and d ba3 is now lasting like d first day I bought the phone..
seriously? ?
i wld love to uninstall mine
buh iz dere any oda sure alternative to the anti theft ??
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by AdemolaGoc: 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2013
Francheezy:
seriously? ?

Thats it! No more contemplating, I'm getting my f7 by the end of the month! AVG?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by milee: 10:28pm On Jun 17, 2013
please nairalanders hsa anyone tested the wifi hotspot on f7 to know if l can use it to watch youtube on tv?
Colin Adua: Good day, all!
By looking at the pics of this A1(f7), nna this phablet is sweet, compact, with sexy shape, with HD, Jelly Bean. It needs to be gotten. Even though I just got n7 barely a month now.

But, the phone has ppi of 294, not up to 300. Anyone saying its up to 300 is being economical with the truth.

5.0" with 720x1280 has a ppi of 294. Just do a thorogh cross checking. Galaxy note 2 with 5.5" , 720x1280 has a ppi of 264. S3 with 4.8" , 720x1280 has a ppi of 306.

I calculated the ppi myself just like I did for n7 and got 187ppi.

Though its very much HD, for that the picture quality will be great.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:36pm On Jun 17, 2013
stay tunned custom rom users
Phantom wiz coming soon
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by milee: 10:38pm On Jun 17, 2013
please does you gadget include smart tv,this is important to me.
HOLLASLYD: if you complain of battery,
here is how to get it to last like mine
set brightness to zero. the screen is still very much visible under heavy sunlight. so set to zero.
enable E when you are on the go
enable 3G only when you wanna download
after fully charged, leave for extra 1hr
turn off wifi
turn off gps
turn off bluetooth
for crying out loud you dont use them every minute.
prioritize them

i dont want insults here cus some people here get so sceptical about these testimonies
i run my f7 from 9am to 7pm on 3g, normal use, normal chatting, check on web pages once in a while
i run my f7 for 7 hrs on 3g fully on chatting and web surfing straight up, downloads about 20mb
i run my f7 for 4 hrs on heavy downloads standby till the battery drains. both in phone and wifi tethering at the same time
i have never used edge on this phone since i bought it cus its always on tethering to my gadgets

conclusively, i grade the f7's battery to be 50/100 = managable and never gets hot rather warm as it should. i repeat!!! never HOT!!!

i leave this device plugged in from 10pm to 7am everyday and i use my samsung charger always. never used the tecno charger that came with the device. i cant tell if thats the case.
this is my testimony grin grin
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 17, 2013
I can't upload a profile pix on ma 2go.........HELP
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by HOLLASLYD(m): 10:43pm On Jun 17, 2013
milee: please does you gadget include smart tv,this is important to me.
nah. just ma 10 inch tab and lappi
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by TCD: 11:13pm On Jun 17, 2013
Thinking of getting myself my first android device, this looks like it .

Anybody know where I can download Grand Theft Auto for android pls?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Mykcool(m): 11:14pm On Jun 17, 2013
marcjoe:

Lol I still ve 15gb left on my sim coupled with my mtn magic sim on sim2...presently downloading pes12 ...who can give me the link to fifa12 or fifa13 for Android......
hw did u get that much gig on airtel...help me out pls
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by paeffiong(m): 4:27am On Jun 18, 2013
I hav jst discovered that my battery percentage dos nt pass 92% nomatter hw long i charge it. Pls can som1 assist me on hw to make it get to 100%
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 6:14am On Jun 18, 2013
paeffiong: I hav jst discovered that my battery percentage dos nt pass 92% nomatter hw long i charge it. Pls can som1 assist me on hw to make it get to 100%

Drain your battery to about 10 to 15 %. Switch it off and fully charge it to 100 % and still leave it to charge more. You can leave it overnight. That would solve your problem.

Your phone needs to be conditioned to perform at it's peak.

But after this, always unplug it when you reach 100 % charge. So as not to damage your battery.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 6:21am On Jun 18, 2013
HOLLASLYD: stay tunned custom rom users
Phantom wiz coming soon

Though you don't owe us anything, but I will still humbly request anyway.
Can you please work on MIUI rom for f7. Personally, I believe that's the best custom rom. Consumes less power and highly customisable.

Thanks a lot.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by paeffiong(m): 6:22am On Jun 18, 2013
cyrexx:

Drain your battery to about 10 to 15 %. Switch it off and fully charge it to 100 % and still leave it to charge more. You can leave it overnight. That would solve your problem.

Your phone needs to be conditioned to perform at it's peak.

But after this, always unplug it when you reach 100 % charge. So as not to damage your battery.
am gonna try it out. Thanks
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by primeson1(m): 6:26am On Jun 18, 2013
cyrexx:
Even ICS too
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 6:28am On Jun 18, 2013
milee: please does you gadget include smart tv,this is important to me.

Smart tv is a television set NOT a phone. We are talking about phones here.

If you are asking if this phone can stream videos and tv programmes. Yes. All android phones can. Just get the appropriate app and enjoy your videos.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by HOLLASLYD(m): 6:48am On Jun 18, 2013
cyrexx:

Though you don't owe us anything, but I will still humbly request anyway.
Can you please work on MIUI rom for f7. Personally, I believe that's the best custom rom. Consumes less power and highly customisable.

Thanks a lot.
grin grin unfortunately android sdk doesnt support dual baseband. grin
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 7:02am On Jun 18, 2013
HOLLASLYD:
grin grin unfortunately android sdk doesnt support dual baseband. grin

So what tools are you were you planning to use earlier to make the custom rom for f7?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by mosak(m): 8:54am On Jun 18, 2013
Dessydanointed: I can't upload a profile pix on ma 2go.........HELP
it either means ur picture size is large or u hav a network issue
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by elijahdre(m): 10:12am On Jun 18, 2013
good morning nairalanders.f7 is still selling fast.pick yours today at a discounted price of 32500 only for today.call :08034795720.delivery to those within lagos and we can send to those outside lagos.gionee dream d1 at 38500.thks.Have a glorious day
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:19am On Jun 18, 2013
lexrichy: This tecno f7 is just too overpriced,check out w8+ by thl
OS Version: Android 4.2.1
CPU: MT6589 Cortex A7 Quad Core
GPU: PowerVR SGX 544MP same in galaxy s4
Processor Speed (max): 1.2GHz
RAM: 1GB
ROM:16GB
3G: WCDMA: 850/2100MHz
2G: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz
Display Size: 5 Inch FHD
Display Resolution: 1920X1080
5 Point Capacitive Multi Touch Display
WiFi: 802.11 b/g/n
GPS
Bluetooth
Adobe Flash
Portable WiFi Hotspot (3G Tethering)
Google Play
12 Megapixel Rear Camera + 5 Megapixel Front-Facing Camera
Mic and Speaker
Battery Size: 2000mAH
Usage Time: 6 Hours
Battery Standby: 2-3 Days
Memory:Internal 16GB, Micro SD Card up to 32GB(not included)
Media Formats:
Video: MP4, 3GP
Audio: MP3, WAV. AMR, AWB
Picture: JPEG, BMP, GIF, PNG
eBook: TXT, CHM, DOC, HTML
Ports
3.5mm Audio Out Port
2x SIM Card Slot - 1x WCDMA, 1x GSM
Micro SD Card Slot
Sensors
Proximity Sensor
Accelerometer Sensor
Light Sensor
Gravity Sensor
Magnetic Field Sensor
Price$250

So now that you have gotten your thlw8+, how's the performance, battery(how long does it last), are all the specs intact as advertized, does it get hot, how about the camera? please kindly give a review cos i might be interested. Thanks
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:52am On Jun 18, 2013
Francheezy:
seriously? ?
kapersky.....
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 10:55am On Jun 18, 2013
elijahdre: good morning nairalanders.f7 is still selling fast.pick yours today at a discounted price of 32500 only for today.call :08034795720.delivery to those within lagos and we can send to those outside lagos.gionee dream d1 at 38500.thks.Have a glorious day
I nid Gionee Elife E3
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 11:45am On Jun 18, 2013
this f7 is still on d high side o,i will buy wen d price comes down
Whether u like it or not is either tecno or no phone.tecno 4eva[color=#006600][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.