Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,221 members, 7,836,065 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:18 PM

Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread - Phones (60) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread (340659 Views)

Infinix zero discussion thread! / Samsung S3 vs Tecno Phantom A (f7) / Rooting Tecno F7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (161) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by directonpc(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2013
elijahdre: dont wait for people's review without making your decision on time.f7 is gonna be scarce soon and u know the price implication of that.Please get yours today.
call elijahdre on :08034795720/08123709460.
we door house delivery
u just want sell market sha. Who tell u say price of phones d go up? Anyway u go talk anything to make ur market sell fast. NAija traders
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 10:34pm On Jun 20, 2013
Bornstar: Hi Nairalanders i just bought this Techno F7 Phantom today from our friend here in Nairaland his name is Elijahdre in computer village, i am still charging it now, the battery is very soft it is unlike TECHNO battery seriously, after charged i will get back to u guys on my experience too. cheers and have funny.

What do you mean by the battery is soft? Do you mean soft like boiled yam or what?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by twinskenny(m): 10:48pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

What do you mean by the battery is soft? Do you mean soft like boiled yam or what?
lol or soft like boiled egg
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by s3nn2x(m): 11:11pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

Lord Reed are you doing this intentionally or what? For goodness sake.....boiled yam? That's hilarious.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Alamation(m): 11:13pm On Jun 20, 2013
henry007: I'm sure you know when your battery is bad but trust that some of us are using this fone and have no complaints on battery whatsoever so don't go calling us liars.....now 48 hrs since I got the fone I'm trying to kill my battery faster by playing the asphalt that comes with it while on 3G, losing about 10% charge in 40 mins.....the battery life is GOOD, coming from a former iphone4 user.
baba, abeg how much did u sell ur iphone4? I wan sell mine too biko.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 11:37pm On Jun 20, 2013
Lord_Reed:

lord reed, its lyk u pple av abandoned d gionee trend. Abeg if ure still using d phone, how good is d ba3 life, esp under 3g browsing and hd games. Pls, am kinda confused right nw.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by sunnews: 12:06am On Jun 21, 2013
Tecno phones are good their batteries are good nobody can discourage me from buying Tecno f7
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Dr. Dre:

Good deal. Pls what site did u order from? Kindly share as I'd prefer a tested source for the phones I'm waiting for. Thanks
Aliexpress.com, i used "Western Union" Payment system!!!
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by cyrexx: 4:47am On Jun 21, 2013
Cr@zydude:

do you use this tecnof7? would you advice me to buy it?

I use tecno f7, overall its a very good phone. The only letdown is the battery.

My advice: Ensure that you locate tecno office and buy directly from them. I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the marketers of the phone and the substandard battery people are complaining about, they might be getting it cheaper from another source who has to compromise on the battery
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Domwiz4all(m): 5:03am On Jun 21, 2013
cyrexx:

My advice: Ensure that you locate tecno office and buy directly from them. I have a feeling that something fishy is going on with the marketers of the phone and the substandard battery people are complaining about, they might be getting it cheaper from another source who has to compromise on the battery
You just said it all, I as well suspected dat, tinkin of gettin mine very soon. Wil do exactly wat u just suggested. It is going to be my 1st android fone so not in a rush to buy. Thanks 4d advice
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by viazi: 6:06am On Jun 21, 2013
@all those buying things from alibaba and aliexpress should be very carful. the most secure way to buy from these sites is the ESCROW payment option, any other means put U at the risk of loosing your money. There are also lots of substandard cloned goods flooding those sites.

As for Tecno Batteries, Guys sould be very careful where they buy from, ensure U buy from authorised dealers, trying to save 1 or 2k at the risk of getting substandard product is not worth it.My battery is great, far better than the stupid bold 4 I was using b4. Guys should follow the battery tips that people have pasted here, dont use avast antivirus, reduce display brightness, remove vibration, off bluetooth and gps.ONLY PUT THEM ON WEN NEEDED.Only chek your phone wen U have notification and wen U need to Use it.(Some people will never allow the Phone go on standby screen and this is bad habit.)I hardly use my POWER BANK since I uninstalled Avas. In all I love this Phone, its my mobile office, Those people criticising Tecno F7 are ingrates.

1 Like

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by emperorjray(m): 6:29am On Jun 21, 2013
Pls i'm †ђξ game type hope F7 plays 'Pes and FIFA' also cos i had U̶̲̥̅̊ mention only the asphalt dat comes with it.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by victoor(m): 6:40am On Jun 21, 2013
can some one post screen shot of fifa 12 on this phone
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Rajgan4edu: 6:42am On Jun 21, 2013
viazi: @all those buying things from alibaba and aliexpress should be very carful. the most secure way to buy from these sites is the ESCROW payment option, any other means put U at the risk of loosing your money. There are also lots of substandard cloned goods flooding those sites.

As for Tecno Batteries, Guys sould be very careful where they buy from, ensure U buy from authorised dealers, trying to save 1 or 2k at the risk of getting substandard product is not worth it.My battery is great, far better than the stupid bold 4 I was using b4. Guys should follow the battery tips that people have pasted here, dont use avast antivirus, reduce display brightness, remove vibration, off bluetooth and gps.ONLY PUT THEM ON WEN NEEDED.Only chek your phone wen U have notification and wen U need to Use it.(Some people will never allow the Phone go on standby screen and this is bad habit.)I hardly use my POWER BANK since I uninstalled Avas. In all I love this Phone, its my mobile office, Those people criticising Tecno F7 are ingrates.
thanks 4 dis insight, pls, do u knw of any tecno office in ibadan, or does slot count among d list of reliable outlets?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tunsmart: 7:58am On Jun 21, 2013
Cr@zydude:

do you use this tecnof7? would you advice me to buy it?
I do....and if you have money,its a must buy,don't even dare to rethink it
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Proffdada: 8:30am On Jun 21, 2013
victoor: can some one post screen shot of fifa 12 on this phone
I deleted mine after it was running slowly n d field is off color, it's has to b incompatible gpu version,other games tried with same result r deadspace n shadow guardian
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2013
twinskenny: lol or soft like boiled egg

Abi, let him tell us how battery can be soft.

s3nn2x: Lord Reed are you doing this intentionally or what? For goodness sake.....boiled yam? That's hilarious.

Don't you want to know how soft the battery is? wink cheesy
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by BizBloke(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2013
cyrexx:

Inasmuch as the seal hasn't been broken, there's nothing wrong with the phone.[

This is based on the assumption that the phone is gotten directly from Tecno.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by marcjoe(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2013
I ve finally discovered wat is finishing this lovely machine's battery after weeks of check up I ve found a way to optimise this tecno f7....

THIS R SOME OF THE THINGS KILLING THE BATTERY

1.HSDPA; hsdpa a.k.a 3.75g when on drains ur battery faster than u can imagine.. dont leave it on if u want ur ba3 to last.. .though my f7 lasts for 7-8hrs with hsdpa on....if u must stay online on facebook,whatsapp, yahoo messenger, 2go ,Skype e.t.c just switch to edge by going to settings > more > mobile networks >3G service >network mode >GSM only, ....u can use airtel, etisalat, Glo on edge they r really fast enough excluding mtn that is not working fast unless u switch to hsdpa cos ppl r just too much browsing with the magic sim smiley...

2. Screen brightness : for Christ sake u don't need to adjust ur screen brightness to d fullest...this machine comes with a clear black screen that u can c words well under d sun . . reduce this brightness to the lowest under settings >display > brightness,then shift it to the lowest... and c d magic afterwards..

3. Avast antivirus:though it's the best according to some researcher out there..it kills ur ba3 by monitoring every activities like scanning every now and then or scanning on any application u install newly. . so it's always open... so if u want ur ba3 to last longer don't use it or u uninstall it..then see the magic

4. Charging : allow ur phone to rest while charging it simply makes ur phone battery to be healthy and strong. ...after charging then start using it... some ppl r a gaming type like me.. learn to leave ur phone to charge first b4 playing games or surfing d net or downloading... if u must browse while charging swith ur network mode to GSM in tip 1 above don't use hsdpa while charging oooh..games and hsdpa kills the battery mostly...

TO ME TECHNO F7 IS A GOOD PHONE ..I WOULD RATE IT 90/100%, THE OTHER 10% GOES TO THE POOR CHARGING NOT THE BATTERY ..it takes time to charge while using it even on edge when on.. I can't be switching off my phone to speed up my charging rate..

WE SHOULD ALL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POOR CHARGING NOT THE BATTERY.. .

I hope my tips helps..at the time of typing this post my ba3 is still at 75% , been using it with hsdpa since 6.00a.m...follow this tips and c some magic..
Can anyone recommend a charger that charge this device fast. ..I tested an original blackberry charger yesterday and it was worst...wat about Samsung, Nokia and others....

2 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2013
marcjoe: I ve finally discovered wat is finishing this lovely machine's battery after weeks of check up I ve found a way to optimise this tecno f7....

THIS R SOME OF THE THINGS KILLING THE BATTERY

1.HSDPA; hsdpa a.k.a 3.75g when on drains ur battery faster than u can imagine.. dont leave it on if u want ur ba3 to last.. .though my f7 lasts for 7-8hrs with hsdpa on....if u must stay online on facebook,whatsapp, yahoo messenger, 2go ,Skype e.t.c just switch to edge by going to settings > more > mobile networks >3G service >network mode >GSM only, ....u can use airtel, etisalat, Glo on edge they r really fast enough excluding mtn that is not working fast unless u switch to hsdpa cos ppl r just too much browsing with the magic sim smiley...

2. Screen brightness : for Christ sake u don't need to adjust ur screen brightness to d fullest...this machine comes with a clear black screen that u can c words well under d sun . . reduce this brightness to the lowest under settings >display > brightness,then shift it to the lowest... and c d magic afterwards..

3. Avast antivirus:though it's the best according to some researcher out there..it kills ur ba3 by monitoring every activities like scanning every now and then or scanning on any application u install newly. . so it's always open... so if u want ur ba3 to last longer don't use it or u uninstall it..then see the magic

4. Charging : allow ur phone to rest while charging it simply makes ur phone battery to be healthy and strong. ...after charging then start using it... some ppl r a gaming type like me.. learn to leave ur phone to charge first b4 playing games or surfing d net or downloading... if u must browse while charging swith ur network mode to GSM in tip 1 above don't use hsdpa while charging oooh..games and hsdpa kills the battery mostly...

TO ME TECHNO F7 IS A GOOD PHONE ..I WOULD RATE IT 90/100%, THE OTHER 10% GOES TO THE POOR CHARGING NOT THE BATTERY ..it takes time to charge while using it even on edge when on.. I can't be switching off my phone to speed up my charging rate..

WE SHOULD ALL BE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE POOR CHARGING NOT THE BATTERY.. .

I hope my tips helps..at the time of typing this post my ba3 is still at 75% , been using it with hsdpa since 6.00a.m...follow this tips and c some magic..
Can anyone recommend a charger that charge this device fast. ..I tested an original blackberry charger yesterday and it was worst...wat about Samsung, Nokia and others....

Nice tips.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by zeanslim(m): 10:14am On Jun 21, 2013
BizBloke:

Inasmuch as the seal hasn't been broken, there's nothing wrong with the phone.[

This is based on the assumption that the phone is gotten directly from Tecno.
"Lol....i can stop laufin... grin

u make me lauf ahahhhahahahahahahh

I once went to a mrk at oshodi (to repair ma xbox)

And i saw dis dude brushin a 3rd ps2...sprayed it(shinin black)

Avta all he made it clean n nice...package it n brout out a.pack of many sony

Stickerz lolz..

Rite in ma front a dude came buy to buy d same ps as new 1 cool shocked cry

Only GOD dat will save .nigeri.

seal don't mata oo n pack, the sell dem in mrk like oda product
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by lexrichy(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2013
flexing my thl w8+

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by LordReed(m): 10:51am On Jun 21, 2013
lexrichy: flexing my thl w8+

What did you use to take the pics? They so blurry. Upload better ones if you can.

So what are your first impressions?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Faru: 11:07am On Jun 21, 2013
Can we get a tecno rep to speak on this ba3 issue? Anyone in lag with the ba3 issue should try and visit the tecno service centre and let us get an official statement. I should be in lag by month end and certainly do same.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Otantu: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2013
viazi: @all those buying things from alibaba and aliexpress should be very carful. the most secure way to buy from these sites is the ESCROW payment option, any other means put U at the risk of loosing your money. There are also lots of substandard cloned goods flooding those sites.

so wic antivirus shld we use na? And where is a trusted dealer to buy 4rm? Nawa oooo
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by coderXO(m): 11:49am On Jun 21, 2013
Just went and copped my own (white) F7 at Saka Tinubu for N34,000.
Totally stoked...can't wait to fire it up (now charging) and glide through.

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by danieldinho: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2013
bought my techno f7 yesterday at ph 34k flexing d phone since 1am still flexing it new tank u techno
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by twinskenny(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2013
am selling my F7.. cause i just got another phone as a gift from a cuzin.. if u are interested let me know. everything is still intact, colour is white am in lagos if u price well maybe is ur lucky day.. call me on 08051355133
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by halilu44: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
An observation
For guys complaining about the length of time it takes to charge a tecno f7. I noticed that if you charged it with the phone switched off, the battery can charge from 20% to 100% in less than 30 minutes. Its quiet very fast compared to other phones I charged in the same manner.give it a try.I hope it helps

4 Likes

Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tharbee: 12:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
hello, first timer here. I just bought my phantom A and I heard it comes with a 12 month free internet. How do I activate the free data bundle from etisalat?
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
tharbee: hello, first timer here. I just bought my phantom A and I heard it comes with a 12 month free internet. How do I activate the free data bundle from etisalat?
they said only if u buy it frm etisalat.
Re: Tecno F7 (Phantom A1) Discussion Thread by tharbee: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2013
tomii: they said only if u buy it frm etisalat.
I bought it from a tecno shop; does that change anything?

(1) (2) (3) ... (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) ... (161) (Reply)

GIONEE Pioneer P4 Discussion Thread. / PSP Forum(PSP Emulator For Android/iPhone) / Samsung Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Note 2 & 3 Expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.