Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,557 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:57 PM

NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole (1468 Views)

Sambisa Forest: Chief Of Army Staff, Buratai Has Vindicated Me — Omokri / Anambra Central: Appeal Court Ruling Has Vindicated Me – Sen Chris Ngige / My Stand On Who APC Should Field For The Presidency/VP - Femi Fani-kayode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 3:30pm On May 31, 2013
Outcome Of NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole

[img]http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/themes/goodnews47/framework/scripts/timthumb.php?src=http://ireports-ng.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/Oshiomhole-and-Airhiavbere.jpg&h=275&w=599&zc=1[/img]

Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomhole has said that the behaviour of some PDP governors after the result of the Nigerian Governors Forum, NGF election won by Governor Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers state, was announced has vindicated his earlier description of the ruling party at the federal level as a party populated by rogues.

“When the Comrade Governor earlier referred to the PDP as a Party of rogues, the Party went for his jugular by calling him unprintable names and churning out all manners of lies and concocted tales just to make an impression. With the recent outcome of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum election which returned Governor Amaechi as duly elected, and following the u-turn of those who participated in the exercise, the Comrade Governor’s roguish description of the PDP has become instructively appropriate. It is better for the PDP to look for other reasons why it has wrongly taken certain actions against one of its own, than looking for convenient ways to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.It is shameful that Governors who claim to be duly elected representatives of their States could lower the bar of credibility and integrity just for the sake of dubious politics”, Oshiomhole stated today in a statement released by his special adviser on public affairs, Kazeem Afegbua to debunk a media report that Governor Amaechi’s trouble with President Jonathan stems from the former’s donation of N500 million to the re-election campaign of the Edo governor.

Part of the statement further said “We had thought of ignoring this so-called allegation as another spurious, very ridiculous and roguish claim by an unnamed PDP chieftain, but for the sake of history and posterity, this disclaimer becomes tellingly instructive. To state the fact, there was no time that the Rivers State Governor Rt. Hon. Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi donated any money, let alone the sum of N500m either directly or by proxy, to the Campaign funds of the Comrade Governor, Adams Aliyu Oshiomhole. Again, we wish to state unequivocally that there was no time that the Rivers State Governor spent two nights in Benin City before, during and after the Campaigns of the Comrade Governor.

“We find it utterly misleading for anyone to deliberately raise unverifiable claims just to give the Rivers State Governor a bad name and portray the Edo State Governor in bad light with respect to campaign funds and management of same. The relevant provisions of the Electoral Act 2006 [as amended] frown at such bogus donations by either an individual or corporate body for the campaign of any individual candidate running for election. In fact, if anyone is in the breach of such provisions, it is the PDP. The Oshiomhole Campaign Organisation was very conscious of the requirement of the law with respect to donation, reason why it embarked on public fund raising dinners in Lagos, Abuja and Benin City. All those who made donations to the second term campaign of the performing Governor Oshiomhole were well captured in our reports and duly appreciated. There was no where that the Rivers State Governor was captured as having donated, let alone such a whooping sum of N500m.

But for a country and a democracy such as ours, there should be no crime for any Governor to honour the invitation of the Comrade Governor on his second term inauguration, especially that of the duly elected Chairman of the Governors’ Forum. The beauty of democracy and credible elections is the exhibition of the spirit of sportsmanship by the loser and his Party, and not this invidious show of hostility by the opposition PDP. When the Comrade Governor earlier referred to the PDP as a Party of rogues, the Party went for his jugular by calling him unprintable names and churning out all manners of lies and concocted tales just to make an impression.

With the recent outcome of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum election which returned Governor Amaechi as duly elected, and following the u-turn of those who participated in the exercise, the Comrade Governor’s roguish description of the PDP has become instructively appropriate. It is better for the PDP to look for other reasons why it has wrongly taken certain actions against one of its own, than looking for convenient ways to give a dog a bad name in order to hang it.It is shameful that Governors who claim to be duly elected representatives of their States could lower the bar of credibility and integrity just for the sake of dubious politics"

Source
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by takedat(m): 3:57pm On May 31, 2013
grin
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Mylove55(f): 4:18pm On May 31, 2013
I believe in osho baba,i have be waiting 4 his response on NGF election,now we know pdp to be rogue
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by touch4mony: 4:35pm On May 31, 2013
saint osho baba how fair was the conduct of l.g.a election in ur state,if its pdp is bad if its acN its good.i pity nigeria citizines who u criminal are fooling cos am not 1 of them.
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Garrithe1st: 5:33pm On May 31, 2013
PDP isn't just a party of rogues, but a NEST OF KILLERS. PDP has brought so much bad luck(Goodluck Jonathan inclusive) to Nigeria..

cool
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Peterpan1(m): 5:35pm On May 31, 2013
Before i proceed let me categorically say that i am the fourth to comment, now wat is wrong with PDP, why do they always portray themselves as idealess, am seriously at a lost.
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 31, 2013
Dear Gov. Oshiomole! I really appreciate your effort in trying to transform Edo state, but won't it be great if your concentrate and forget all these trivial talks?
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Pukkah: 6:04pm On May 31, 2013
By now, it should be clear to Jonathan that his handlers, advisers and strategists are a bunch of dunderheads. They keep playing into the hands of opposition and creating sympathy and supporters for Amaechi.

If Akpabio is not messing up, Tukur is putting his foot in his mouth while Asari is creating more enemies and burning bridges.

Na so dem go take win 2015 primaries and general election?
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by badassnigga(m): 7:28pm On May 31, 2013
gademn party ...made in hell
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Nobody: 9:36pm On May 31, 2013
emmysenior: Dear Gov. Oshiomole! I really appreciate your effort in trying to transform Edo state, but won't it be great if your concentrate and forget all these trivial talks?

Did I hear you say “concentrate and forget”, then you don’t know who Oshiomhole is, He is a demi-god that is always on the look out for cheap political points just like the Amechi in question.
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Missonas(f): 10:54pm On May 31, 2013
I will not comment until i hear Metuh refute oshomole's claim!#igbale(broom) revolution!
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by cindayat05(m): 11:42pm On May 31, 2013
Is he saying that GEJ is heading the gang of rogues? Haba oshiomole! Anyway the lack of sense of decorum in PDP caused it.
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Mylove55(f): 4:17am On Jun 01, 2013
Missonas: I will not comment until i hear Metuh refute oshomole's claim!#igbale(broom) revolution!
what did u expect metuh to say,dat ghost make up 19 vote or absentee apc sign 4 pdp thief jang
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by inspirenet: 4:39am On Jun 01, 2013
Garri the 1st: PDP isn't just a party of rogues, but a NEST OF KILLERS. PDP has brought so much bad luck(Goodluck Jonathan inclusive) to Nigeria..

cool

smiley
Re: NGF Election Has Vindicated My Stand That PDP Is A Party Of Rogues – Oshiomhole by Symphony007: 7:43am On Jun 01, 2013
PDP,ACN,CPC,APGA, everybody!! Are a bunch of rougues!! This country need independent thinkers and luminated minds like pat utomi and ben bruce!! But nigerians will never look ahead, as much as they rail against corruption, they approve of it when it is presided over by a president from their tribe and speak against it when the president is not from their tribe.

(1) (Reply)

Borno: Boko Haram Attacks Four Churches, Kills Pastor, Two Others In Gwoza / A Biafran Tears His Nigerian Passport And Called Nigeria A Zoological Republic / Modu Sheriff's Defection To Pdp: Apc Plans Nationwide Thanksgiving!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.