Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,878 members, 7,810,338 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. (11737 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Sexychocolate: 9:50pm On May 31, 2013
u try Gt bank bt if vancacy de ur bank employ graduates to work der as for Uba i nver get tme for shakara wey una dey do for cumstormers
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by brightedge(m): 9:53pm On May 31, 2013
parki: How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day. Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is political.. Nonsense bank.

Bros, which London you dey? Abi, Ecobank send you?

Nobody is saying their services are perfect. But at least if you want to criticize the bank, you don't have to use ridiculous lies. Maybe you've always had bad luckexperience with GTB, but you must agree that they're among the best in Nigeria. There're very few banks that can boast of robust internet banking and reliable bank cards (master/visa...). I've never used Ecobank so I can't compare their services with GTB, but from my experience with other banks, GTB dey try!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by AMvanquish: 9:56pm On May 31, 2013
. undecidedApart from their Internet banking! Gtb is so overated.. Clueless customer care service! Long annoying queue's, market place environment.. Still can't resolve my Issue since last year june(2012). Even with their hidden charges, so far I get fast n satisfactory service; I'm ok with access for now. GTB= Rubbish bank..
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by pappilo(m): 10:32pm On May 31, 2013
Welder: I would have given the award to FirstBank considering the way they have managed to innovate and remain very relevant in the industry. FirstBank has equally moved outside the shores of Naija to other african countries, but hey am no Euromoney or EMEA or whatever body that constitutes this stuff.

Congrats to GTBank though

First bank is shyte! I opened an account with them last month and I still havent heard anything about my cheque book or online log on details.

Compare that to GT Bank where I opened an account as a last resort after FB messed up. A staff member from HQ who I still havent me personally brought the account opening forms to my house. My account was set up same day which was a Monday, I received my online log on details by email the next day, collected my token on Thursday and my debit card & cheque book were ready for collection by Friday.

I dont know about Africa o but in Nigeria, they are the No 1 ogbonge bank. Keep it up GT!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nairaplus(m): 10:33pm On May 31, 2013
That's my wonderful bank, with which I am well pleased! Hurrayyyyyyyyyyy!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by welshv: 10:36pm On May 31, 2013
I av been banking with GTB for over 6 years and it has been consistent in service delivery until recent time when it network became epileptic and u would always see long queues that snake into eternity at their atms and in the banking halls. It needs to employ more hands and open more branches to accommodate their ever booming customers, until then it does not deserve the award.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by fabregas04(m): 10:39pm On May 31, 2013
Though GTB is quite ok, a well deserved award. I had to abandon GTB cos of usual long queue at their Ado-ekiti only branch, both on counter and ATM point, cos pple can hardly use d card elsewhere. I heard they just opened another branch @ ekiti state university sha.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by decoslim(m): 10:59pm On May 31, 2013
Well deserved!!!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 11:23pm On May 31, 2013
Nice bank. They should keep it up.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 11:48pm On May 31, 2013
I wonder how they got the award, GTBank z notorious in harbouring the loot of politicians and yahoo boyz, rubbish award they bought with money, hw many branches do they even have? Nawa o
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by superstar1(m): 12:14am On Jun 01, 2013
Why in earth will they make 100bn and still sack 150employees. Hope their over consciousness on cutting cost wont come bck to haunt them one day. There is something amiss. Just thinking loud.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by femlij: 12:20am On Jun 01, 2013
Gtb.. Haa! una head dey there.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by superstar1(m): 12:50am On Jun 01, 2013
Why on earth will they make 100bn and still sack 150employees. Hope their over consciousness on cutting cost wont come back to haunt them one day. There is something amiss. Just thinking loud.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by LeJeun3: 1:56am On Jun 01, 2013
Thats my Bank! grin grin grin
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by mitey(m): 2:24am On Jun 01, 2013
I used to be the biggest GTBank fan I know. But since their queues started getting too long and clients having to wait over 2 hours to make deposits, I had to look for another bank kia-kia. I was very surprised when I walked into GTBank Allen Avenue and did my business under 5 minutes and was out of there, the branches closer home would take nothing less than an hour on their best days, unless you go there before they open. And that is bad for my business, very bad.

They may be the best in Africa, but that is only relative to other banks, I think. They still have a long way to go before they can truly be the African Bank of the year.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Dominionhost(m): 5:13am On Jun 01, 2013
Well, we can't satisfy everybody. That;s my bank and we are getting better day by day...
Why don't you all rather bank with us?
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by kosoo: 6:16am On Jun 01, 2013
Well dats gud 4 dem,bt de need 2 wrk on having more branches !cuz am sure de don't,I base in owerri n I bank wit GTB,throughout de owerri city de ave got just 2 branches....u tink dats ok?...hell no
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Emmyk(m): 6:35am On Jun 01, 2013
I bank with 'em.. They need more branches....dats all!!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by vision2050: 7:09am On Jun 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Good for GTB.
But they should v more branches in Abeokuta.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by otodeluxe(m): 7:10am On Jun 01, 2013
Yeah that's my bank. So happy for them
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by aprilrays(f): 7:29am On Jun 01, 2013
Okiki_Oluwa: Good for GTB.
But they should v more branches in Abk.
My sentiments exactly..
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by JoanJohnson(f): 7:34am On Jun 01, 2013
Yea, that's my bank.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by nneh1(f): 7:40am On Jun 01, 2013
parki: How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day. Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is political.. Nonsense bank.
. I'm sure you don't bank with Gtbank
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Hotguy27: 8:12am On Jun 01, 2013
[color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]20

TRUTH ABOUT GTBANK
1. LOVED BY MANY PEOPLE(KNOWINGLY OR UNKNOWINGLY)
2. FEWER BRANCHES COMPARED TO SOME OF THEIR COMPETITORS(IN SOME STATES THEY HAVE ONLY ONE BRANCH)
3. SMART MANAGEMENT
4. MAKE MORE USE OF LOW COST LABOUR(CONTRACT STAFF) 5. THEY HAVE BEEN EXISTING WITH LOW CUSTOMER BASE AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO MANAGE THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICES AND NOW THAT THEY ARE WITNESSING SURGE THEY WILL LIKELY BE LIKE OTHERS (THE MORE CUSTOMER BASE A BANK HAS THE MORE CHALLENGES).
6. NOW THAT CBN STOPPEP HIDDEN CHARGES THEIR PROFIT WILL FACE DIMINISHING RETURN
7. THE AMBIENCE IS WONDERFUL AND APPEALING
8. THEY ARE INNOVATIVE
9. THEY NOW DISCOURAGE OTHER BANK ATM CARD USERS ON THEIR MACHINNES BECAUSE OF THE REMOVAL OF THE N100 CHAGES.
10. THEY ARE GROWING FAST
[b][/b]
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 8:32am On Jun 01, 2013
Well, I stopped believing all these ranking a long time ago. Oceanic was given d award- best bank in Nigeria, also intercontinental was given another bloated award which I can't remember now. Less than 6 months after d award they went under.
The only area gtb has edge over other banks is in their intl payment system- cards etc. They also have smart mgt team dt knows hw 2 make money work.
Gt customer serv is very poor. They hv low branch visibility and as such u travel long dist to do ur transactn. D bank is full of unmotivated contract staff and IT students dt r never retained. u will be surprised to know dt in a branch of 20 staff, only 5 r full staff. Well, gt is just there.
If they want to give d awards, they should show us d indices used at arriving at such.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Geniero: 8:41am On Jun 01, 2013
All lies undecided
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by adconline(m): 8:59am On Jun 01, 2013
ochukwuma15: 2013 African bank of the year, before the middle of the year.

Nigerians are funny group of people. You just think that you can bring your corrupt tendencies into every matter.

I was in South Africa during the AFCON turnament and i can tell you that there are banks in South Africa that are better and more organised than central Bank of Nigeria.

I wish them well sha! ......... Chuks writes from Awka, Anambra state.

because we are incapable of competing with the real best in Africa, we make up an award and congratulate ourselves. Best in Africa my foot!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by coretechng(m): 10:02am On Jun 01, 2013

My Ecobank ATM does not work outside of Ecobank ATM network.I cannot check transfer money to any bank from Ecobank online platform.With GTBank I do all these with ease.

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by coretechng(m): 10:04am On Jun 01, 2013
mercylicious: Well, I stopped believing all these ranking a long time ago. Oceanic was given d award- best bank in Nigeria, also intercontinental was given another bloated award which I can't remember now. Less than 6 months after d award they went under.
The only area gtb has edge over other banks is in their intl payment system- cards etc. They also have smart mgt team dt knows hw 2 make money work.
Gt customer serv is very poor. They hv low branch visibility and as such u travel long dist to do ur transactn. D bank is full of unmotivated contract staff and IT students dt r never retained. u will be surprised to know dt in a branch of 20 staff, only 5 r full staff. Well, gt is just there.
If they want to give d awards, they should show us d indices used at arriving at such.
Yes the indices.

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Youngzedd(m): 10:25am On Jun 01, 2013
fonzie2u: Stupid bank cloned ATMS,their cards hardly work on other machines.
A friend used their mastercard abroad n befor she came they cleard her account claimin it was an error.
Giv it to firstbank or fcmb

First weti? First bank is the worst in Naija.
They are still hanging my 20k into their alien account, just because I made purchase with they rubbish MasterCard.

Deducted 6k from my account this Tuesday which wasn't given to me because I wanted to withdraw with ATM card.

FirstBank has done me more harm than good.

GTBank all the way...........
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 10:49am On Jun 01, 2013
Yes, GTB is a nice bank but the way awards are showered these days make them almost valueless...for cry out loud we arent yet in mid 2013....
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by presegsADESIDA(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2013

They a deserve it but GTBank has been owning a total amount N3,100 since January due to dispense error on GTB Mobile apps and alert error promising to refund me since then but not yet done after several calls and emails to then.
Their customer care is very poor to my own understanding and experiences with them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Naira And Its Misfortune / Do You Have Payoneer Funds For Sale? Hola Me / 100 Hot Businesses You Can Start With Less Than N50, 000 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.