Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:42 AM

GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. (11740 Views)

GTBank Named ‘Best Bank In Nigeria’ By Euromoney Magazine / UBA Named 'African Bank Of The Year. / Lagos-Ibadan Expressway To Be Financed By South African Bank (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Nobody: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2013
[quote
author=parki]How did the get this rating? What the measurement
performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network
problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day.
Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with
long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are
so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have
u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things
as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer
verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work
during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is
political.. Nonsense bank.[/quote]
oga/madam say what u knw! how can u compare Ecobank to GTBank? are u a learner?
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Ajengogo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2013
All these award-giving organisations self! Can't they align all these awards so that we can know which bank is really leading in Africa Very soon another body will anounce firstbank as the bank of d year. Thereafter Zenith will be anounced by yet another body... Haba! I smell sentiment in those awards. No wonder USA govt doesn't trust ratings from Moody and S&P anymore. So much politics!!!
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by phurlabby(m): 1:03pm On Jun 01, 2013
I don't know about Africa but in Nigeria, GTBank is the best. I opened four bank accounts in about 06, and tbh GTB comes out tops.

Yes, they have their issues like the ridiculous queues but when I opened there was hardly anybody there, this just goes to show that people now know about them and have opened accounts. They should open more branches to cope with the influx of customers though. The complain about using your cards abroad is beyond me, I've used my dollar VisaCard and Naira MasterCard for years and only complained once even then it was resolved the moment I called GTConnect.

Zenith was too picky for my liking, I mean they told me (then a student "50k or no account"). I have a friend who works at zenith's customer care and whenever the issue of cards and internet banking comes up, well she would tell them point blank to go to GTB (off the record ofcourse). Ecobank is alright tbh but nothing too fancy, Sterling as well. Union Bank's Leaders need to be flogged.

I think why a lot of us complain is because we don't see the big picture here, I believe GTB is trying to go online with virtually everything and as such it would be counter-productive to keep opening branches. Though they should consider the not too internet savvy populace as well. As for me, they do me right and I can do virtually everything other than save money from the comfort of my iPad so I'm not complaining. Congrats to them

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by forkinsonlolo(m): 1:17pm On Jun 01, 2013
hmmmm, my 7k is still with them from an unsuccesful POS transacction for about 3 months now. angry
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Franky9584(m): 5:20pm On Jun 01, 2013
Datz my bank, a deserved award. Keep it up. Haters should hug trans4mer[color=#990000][/color]

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by AGgal(f): 8:28pm On Jun 01, 2013
parki: How did the get this rating? What the measurement performance used for the rating? because they certainly don't deserve it.

GTB is the worst bank in africa. Firstly, GTB has constant network problem. You can hardly use their atms to withdraw cash during the day. Secondly, poor customer service. You walk into the bank, u r met with long queues and when u try to make inquiries, their teller officers are so obnoxious. The most annoying are their services outside nigeria. Have u ever tried using gtb in London? Terrible. They don't even lil things as customer details. They av to ring their nigeria office for customer verification. And we r rating them the best bank in africa. I laff!
Ecobank is still far better. Atleast Ecobank make such their atms work during the day. I would take ecobank over gtb anytime.
Anyway, as far as I'm concerned, gtb's rating as the best bank is political.. Nonsense bank.
stop lying

1 Like

Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by heroplus(m): 9:36am On Jun 03, 2013
GTbank is a good bank but I fear that might be a thing if the past. This new management under Segun Agbaje is likely to crash the whole system. The turnover of staff has been massive since he came in, including 3 out of the 5 ED's who were his colleagues under the last administration. All the brains behind the innovation and the numbers have been asked to resign since he took over power just because he doesn't like their faces. Worse still, the 150 that were asked to go last month were not paid a dime as compensation and the management wants to relieve others. Even Zenith bank that I didn't use to like would have settled each of them millions of naira on the minimum. I fear for GTbank, it might have become history as the law of diminishing returns might set in.
Re: GTBank Named 2013 African Bank Of The Year. by Franky9584(m): 11:31am On Jun 03, 2013
@heroplus, it seems u bank wit zenith? Dat d CEO sack some pple doesnt mean those sackd are nt gud or that he doesnt lik their faces bt dat obviously better hands re taking over. Sacking as u put it or rather downsizing is the in-thing in banking industry dis days zenith not an exception. Anyway, d rating z mainly on service delivery ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

State House Clinic as metaphor for Nigeria’s condition- The Guardian / The Naira And Its Misfortune / 100 Hot Businesses You Can Start With Less Than N50, 000 And Above

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.