Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,215 members, 7,836,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? (19248 Views)

Marriage To A Non-muslim / American Company Sells Pork-laced Bullets To Fight Islamic Terrorists / Conversation Between A Non Muslim And A Muslim Cleric (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 1:40am On Jun 13, 2013
maclatunji:

You are deliberately missing the point. Why are the "few" non-Muslim terrorists not given extended and detailed coverage by the media is the question.
Because the greatest terrorist that was ever in history of religion is committed by muslim: bombing of the twin tawer

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 1:43am On Jun 13, 2013
sam4xadams:
Because the greatest terrorist that was ever in history of religion is committed by muslim: bombing of the twin tawer

Crusades??
Spanish inqusition??
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by AlyricistLaura: 1:45am On Jun 13, 2013
ALTRUTH:
Kill all d pple that share d ideology and d ideology dies with them!

Declaring War & The Mass Murder of about 1 Billion People....That's a Bit Extreme.

The Exclamation Point Really Intensified the Anger

I Advise That you may need to open up a side tab on your browser and relieve yourself with "Happy" Imagery of Some Sort Sir

Preferably a Webpage beginning with the Letter X and a Gyrating Voluptuous Vixen of Some Sort, Too Much Anger & Hate in Your Bloodstream Atm Imo
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 1:46am On Jun 13, 2013
ALTRUTH:
Thank God u hav enough sense to know that islam is frm allah because it is not frm GOD.
Hmmmm not from God? May God have mercy on u
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 1:49am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Crusades??
Spanish inqusition??

Are u now telling me that the crusaders shouldn't defend there land that has been encroaching on by ur Muslim just as the fulani kills n destroyed farmers in nigeria? Come on u know d story

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 1:51am On Jun 13, 2013
sam4xadams:
Are u now telling me that the crusaders shouldn't defend there land that has been encroaching on by ur Muslim just as the fulani kills n destroyed farmers in nigeria? Come on u know d story

I know that hundreds of thousands were murdered by invading armies based on an exaggerated reality.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 13, 2013
Wait why am I even responding to this post? From the moderator they have actually acknowledged that islam is synonymous with terrorist, so the mod want to know y no non Muslim last like budist, traditional religion, etc not in world news? Lol so confused.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

I know that hundreds of thousands were murdered by invading armies based on an exaggerated reality.
The truth is: u never believe the truth coz u no the truth. Now let's go forward coz we r in twentieth century. Was the bombing of the twin tawer the greatest terrorist ever carried our by terrorist Muslim? Ans yes or no.
Can't believe you don't want to answer

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:03am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Not to forget that apostasy was punished by the death penalty in Christianity for centuries.

Yes (quite possibly even though no such story comes to mind). And perhaps this automatically makes it right to kill people who do it now. "by your reasoning", it is not wrong for Jonathan's govt. to be corrupt since the people who held government positions before him were corrupt. Please justify your religion without comparing it to others.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by chiefbatiatus(m): 2:05am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Even heard of the 'Army of God'?? Army of God (AOG) is a Christian terrorist anti-abortion organization.

It is terrorist group that blows up abortion clinics. Groups like that think they are fighting for christian ideals.

Probably the first time, you have heard of it..

Well.. Point made!

Read more on anti-abortion violence

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-abortion_violence#Violence_by_Army_of_God

Any other army bent on other aspects u know? So they bomb only the abortion clinics? Why are they not doing hospitals, airplanes (since doctors travel in them), embassies of countries where abortion are legalissed? Am ashamed u cud even tell the truth. My friend go and get another religion!
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by kraftykc(m): 2:07am On Jun 13, 2013
What is the definition of a 'terrorist' please?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:12am On Jun 13, 2013
chief batiatus:

Any other army bent on other aspects u know? So they bomb only the abortion clinics? Why are they not doing hospitals, airplanes (since doctors travel in them), embassies of countries where abortion are legalissed? Am ashamed u cud even tell the truth. My friend go and get another religion!

Only abortion clinics, They kill innocent people there as well. Are the people in abortion clinics different from those in airplanes?? less human maybe??

They have a 'cause' too.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:13am On Jun 13, 2013
BetaThings:

The punishment for apostasy in Islam is death. Now this was really practised when Islam early in the history of Islam when it was at war with non-muslims and survival depended on protecting war plans
I don't see it being practised now.

If you have this belief, then it is difficult for me to assume you look at things objectively since there is the possibility of you having to die if you see things from a different perspective than you currently do. The man who has nothing to lose can allow his mind to wander until it comes to rest on what makes the most sense and appeals to reason the most. On the other hand, the man who is at risk of losing his life is only bound to think along the lines that would preserve the life everyone holds so dearly to. This, sir, is where our beliefs differ.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:15am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

Yes (quite possibly even though no such story comes to mind). And perhaps this automatically makes it right to kill people who do it now. "by your reasoning", it is not wrong for Jonathan's govt. to be corrupt since the people who held government positions before him were corrupt. Please justify your religion without comparing it to others.

Do your research.

The person who asked a question is indirectly comparing,

If a person from glo says something about MTN, it is to prove that his company is better.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:17am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Do your research.

The person who asked a question is indirectly comparing,

If a person from glo says something about MTN, it is to prove that his company is better.

I am the person that asked. And you have assumed that I am a christian without my saying so even though it really has nothing to do with the conversation.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:18am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

If you have this belief, then it is difficult for me to assume you look at things objectively since there is the possibility of you having to die if you see things from a different perspective than you currently do. The man who has nothing to lose can allow his mind to wander until it comes to rest on what makes the most sense and appeals to reason the most. On the other hand, the man who is at risk of losing his life is only bound to think along the lines that would preserve the life everyone holds so dearly to. This, sir, is where our beliefs differ.

You just compared like i suspected. It is the height of hypocrisy when this was done for centuries by christian states.

Also, most people who convert do not even go through that. There is a procedure, it is not that straightforward
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 2:22am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

You just compared like i suspected. It is the height of hypocrisy when this was done for centuries by christian states.

Are u justifying terrorist activities that are carried out by jihadist like boko boys, Al qeda, taliba, Osama bin ladin, n other islamist terrorist? Wait oh.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:23am On Jun 13, 2013
sam4xadams:
The truth is: u never believe the truth coz u no the truth. Now let's go forward coz we r in twentieth century. Was the bombing of the twin tawer the greatest terrorist ever carried our by terrorist Muslim? Ans yes or no.
Can't believe you don't want to answer

What truth??

Was the spanish inquisitions carried out by christian terrorists?

Actually, the invasion of Iraq by the US army was a greater terrorist incident as more innocent people were murdered

State terror.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:24am On Jun 13, 2013
sam4xadams:
Are u justifying terrorist activities that are carried out by jihadist like boko boys, Al qeda, taliba, Osama bin ladin, n other islamist terrorist? Wait oh.

No one is justifying anything.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:25am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Yes. I used an analogy in politics to explain my point. And yes, it would be hypocrisy if the christians of today view the activities of the ancient christians favorably. But most that i am aware of do not.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:29am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

Yes. I used an analogy in politics to explain my point. And yes, it would be hypocrisy if the christians of today view the activities of the ancient christians favorably. But most that i am aware of do not.

Christians practised a far more brutal form of the law.

Laws have procedure.In Islam, it is not that straightforward. There are several conditions. Most times people don't get punished at all.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:33am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Christians practised a far more brutal form of the law.

Laws have procedure.In Islam, it is not that straightforward. There are several conditions. Most times people don't get punished at all.

So what are those conditions? And how do they somehow justify the killing of an innocent person who is no longer bound by islamic law because he has changed his beliefs?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:37am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

So what are those conditions? And how do they somehow justify the killing of an innocent person who is no longer bound by islamic law because he has changed his beliefs?

Well, the term innocent is relative. No one is killed for simply converting. Infact, you are free to convert.

I will just generally explain how it works.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:37am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

Well, the term innocent is relative. No one is killed for simply converting. Infact, you are free to convert.

Pls don't stop here, I would like more information. What makes them guilty?
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 2:45am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

Pls don't stop here, I would like more information. What makes them guilty?

The first thing to say is that in islam, there is no compulsion in religion, The Quran(translated) states:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (Quran 2:256)

However in an Islamic state, there are certain conditions where conversion is accompanied with acts that could be considered treasonable by the state. The punishment for treason is death.

The act of just conversion is not punishable in most cases, however if that conversion is accompanied by an attempt to discredit Islam or propagate another religion within the islamic state, It is considered treasonable.

The apostacy law came about during the time of the prophet;

In order to discredit Islam, some Jews in medina would accept islam in the day and leave by sunset; They continued to do so until the law was put in place.

Guess how many people did so the next day? None,

Look at the apostacy law this way;

Acts against the nation are considered treason aren't they? what is punishment for treason in 9ja?

The constitution of an Islamic state is based on Islam; If i live in the state, i abide by its laws;

If someone leaves Islam in an Islamic state for whatever reason, as long as he doesn't go around opening trying to convert people to whatever belief/unbelief he has found thereby trying to discredit the constitution of the state. He is fine. Otherwise, It is treasonable.

He can live his life, he doesn't have to pray or fast if he doesn't want to..

Besides, the person is not just executed, he speaks to the scholars about his doubts and is provided evidences about the divinity of the Quran so as to convince him, (for three days) if that fails, he is threatened basically to shut him up from proselytizing disbelief in an Islamic state. If he relents, he is let go and can continue in his disbelief and live his normal life.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Mozehh: 2:55am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

The first thing to say is that in islam, there is no compulsion in religion, The Quran(translated) states:

Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things. (Quran 2:256)

However in an[i] Islamic state[/i], there are certain conditions where conversion is accompanied with acts that could be considered treasonable by the state. The punishment for treason is death.

The act of just conversion is not punishable in most cases, however if that conversion is accompanied by an attempt to discredit Islam or propagate another religion within the islamic state, It is considered treasonable.

In order to discredit Islam, some Jews in medina would accept islam in the day and leave by sunset; They continued to do so until the law was put in place.

Acts against the nation are considered treason aren't they? what is punishment for treason in 9ja?

The constitution of an Islamic state is based on Islam; If i live in the state, i abide by its laws;

If someone leaves Islam in an Islamic state for whatever reason, as long as he doesn't go around opening trying to convert people to whatever belief/unbelief he has found thereby trying to discredit the constitution of the state. He is fine. Otherwise, It is treasonable.

Besides, the person is not just executed, he speaks to the scholars about his doubts and is provided evidences about the divinity of the Quran so as to convince him, if that fails, he is threatened basically to shut him up from proselytizing disbelief in an Islamic state. If he relents, he is let go and can continue in his disbelief and live his normal life.

2 things.

1) Dr. Nair did not specify that his belief on apostasy which "betathings" approves of, applies only to islamic states.
2) I think that bringing death (or the threat of death) into a reasoning exercise somehow removes the possibility of objectivity and allows decisions to be made based on fear. But that is just my opinion. Afterall, what do I know? smiley
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by Nobody: 2:57am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

However in an[i] Islamic state[/i], there are certain conditions where conversion is accompanied with acts that could be considered treasonable by the state. The punishment for treason is death.

Besides, the person is not just executed, he speaks to the scholars about his doubts and is provided evidences about the divinity of the Quran so as to convince him, if that fails, he is threatened basically to shut him up from proselytizing disbelief in an Islamic state. If he relents, he is let go and can continue in his disbelief and live his normal life.

So pathetic, u speak from both mouth saying u can quit islam n u can quit islam else is death for treason. Pity does that are vying to quit. Other religion not even xtian quit n join frwely
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 3:02am On Jun 13, 2013
Mozehh:

2 things.

1) Dr. Nair did not specify that his belief on apostasy which "betathings" approves of, applies only to islamic states.
2) I think that bringing death (or the threat of death) into a reasoning exercise somehow removes the possibility of objectivity and allows decisions to be made based on fear. But that is just my opinion. Afterall, what do I know? smiley

It does, an individual can not implement state law in Islam

Actually, the only arguments that can be brought against this law are emotional and not objective at all,

Muslims would hate it if apostates were allowed to be free to run around publicly displaying their apostasy and see their loved ones getting affected by it in an Islamic state.
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 3:03am On Jun 13, 2013
sam4xadams:
So pathetic, u speak from both mouth saying u can quit islam n u can quit islam else is death for treason. Pity does that are vying to quit. Other religion not even xtian quit n join frwely

You can't read well, can you??
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by chiefbatiatus(m): 3:04am On Jun 13, 2013
tbaba1234:

I was hoping u wud even shy from lying so openly, so when u convert from islam to any other religion you are allowed to walk away? In which state in northern nigeria is this true? Why do muslims lie so much? But why? Please ask yourself if you still have a religion if u must lie almost all the time to defend it? Look. At one of u who has been unsuccessful in. Naming a CURRENT and KNOWN christian terrorist organization, the guy has shamelessly gone through all manner of history books since he cannot find any current christian terror group to mention. Islam is fighting hindus in asia, fighting christians in africa, fighting everybody, why? Can the whole world just hate only you maybe because of your fancy gold teeth? Am a traditionalist and have no time for foreign religions and islam is by far the most violent among them
Re: Why Do Non-Muslim Terrorists Get Little Press Coverage? by tbaba1234: 3:14am On Jun 13, 2013
^Easy with the hate.

As long as you do not make your disbelief a public display in an islamic state, no one cares.

Fancy gold teeth grin

the Aryan Nations, Aryan Republican Army, Army of God, Phineas Priesthood, and The Covenant, The Sword, and the Arm of the Lord,The NLFT in India', The LRA in Uganda, The hutaree in USA

All christian terror groups.

The thread is about why their activities are not so widely reported in the media. You can only know them if it is reported.

Read the thread, you might get some insight

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Misconception In Islam: Alcohol Is Forbidden In All Forms / Sultan Sa'ad Announces The Commencement Of Ramadan / Eid Ul Fitr To Be Marked In Saudi Arabia, UAE On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.