Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria (20663 Views)

Maduike Ezeibe Claims He Cures HIV/AIDS / Rivers Has Highest HIV/AIDS Rate – FG / The Top 10 US States With The Highest HIV/STD Rate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Tofax: 10:51am On Jun 01, 2013
RIVERS State has the highest number of people living with HIV/AIDS with a total of 145,236 adults and 15,000 children affected.

Priscillia Shu, Co-ordinator, Rhema Care Integrated Development Centre stated this when the HIV/AIDS awareness center facilitated a sensitisation programme among staff of the Rivers State Ministry of Culture and Tourism .

To curb the spread of HIV/AIDS, the awareness campaigner stressed the need for abstinence and faithfulness to one uninfected partner at the event.

She also advised on the need to avoid use of unsterilized sharp instruments and ensure that only screened blood are transfused.

Shu recalled that the epidemic first came to lime-light in America in the 80s then gradually crept into Nigeria in 1988 in Calabar through a 13 year old teenage girl.

Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Culture and Tourism Mrs. Grace Akpughunum-Okwulehie who was represented by the ministry’s Director of Administration, Mrs. Ibiere Pepple enjoined all staff to join hands in minimizing the spread of HIV/AIDS.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/rivers-has-highest-hivaids-cases/

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by onuwaje(m): 10:55am On Jun 01, 2013
undecidedI can bet majority of dem re students! So rivers don pass benue

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by dominique(f): 10:59am On Jun 01, 2013
First Benue then Adamawa now Rivers. How exactly do they come up with these figures

9 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:06am On Jun 01, 2013
Amechi is working really.
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by demmy55(m): 11:07am On Jun 01, 2013
dominique: First Benue then Adamawa now Rivers. How exactly do they come up with these figures

Same question I'm asking myself
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by kelvin1191(m): 11:44am On Jun 01, 2013
I dont believe this report at all. Recently, i read that one out of four in Benue state is HI5 positive. With a total population of 4.5million, over a million ar positive with over 300,000 children/teenagers. The state don dey carry first since and will continue to be except if re-orientation is done on d people.
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by yuzedo: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
tenk God ive only nyash 20 river babe. smiley cry
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Siga: 3:32pm On Jun 03, 2013
kelvin1191: I dont believe this report at all. Recently, i read that one out of four in Benue state is HI5 positive. With a total population of 4.5million, over a million ar positive with over 300,000 children/teenagers. The state don dey carry first since and will continue to be except if re-orientation is done on d people.
...which one be HI5 undecided ...

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Opey4luv(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Noted!!! That means am not marrying from this state.
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
choi! ph boiz and gurlz can fu,ck!!!
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by delors(m): 3:33pm On Jun 03, 2013
Months ago, una say na Benue, because of that I purse all my Gboko girl friends commot, now na Rivers! Habi una don dey madt!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

12 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
delors: Months ago, una say na Benue, because of that I purse all my Gboko girl friends commot, now na Rivers! Habi una don dey madt!!!!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
lol
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
MAKING SENSE...........MAKING SENSE...........MAKING SENSE...........
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by kokoye(m): 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Okijajuju: 3:36pm On Jun 03, 2013
CHINEKE!!!! I am finished...

Picks up the phone and calls doctor

5 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Decryptor(m): 3:37pm On Jun 03, 2013
I thought it was Benue
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 03, 2013
Not surprising. With all the oil money in the state, foreigners and UP/UST girls.. plus the plenty plenty ashawo for Bougainvillea and environs, coupled with unreported rape cases....

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jun 03, 2013
Okija juju: CHINEKE!!!! I am finished...

*picks call*

Hello, Mr Okija, please visit SCOAN for your healing. You're finished..

28 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
Not surprising at all.
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by AbuMikey(m): 3:40pm On Jun 03, 2013
I don't believe this!!! Different states every Year!
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by saintneo(m): 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Alma Mater: uniport

I don make am grin grin. Gold medal.

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by 1shortblackboy: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Chai bonny people don fall our hand embarassed

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by dolphinife: 3:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
This report is misleading, barbaric, stupendous, incorrigible, incongruous and above all, unacceptable. This is a sheer propaganda by the enemies of ROTIMI AMAECHI to use everything within their power to discredit, dishonour, disfavour, dehumanise and distort the good works of ROTIMI AMAECHI.

We have been inundated in the past that GOMBE AND BENUE STATES has the largest reported cases of HIV/AIDS occurrence. This report is unacceptable because, it comes from the pit of hell.

I am from Ondo state, and by extension a Yoruba man, doesn't mean i shouldn't speak out the truth. All these rigmarolling and catastrophic campaign so as to denigrate the Rivers Govt can only make rotimi more popular

11 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by daviide: 3:43pm On Jun 03, 2013
B4 calabar then akwa-ibom later benue the new one is Rivers state *sigh* make e no come lag shaa undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Ola17: 3:44pm On Jun 03, 2013
This goes to show that in life, no condition is permanent. All d people from Rivers wey dey deride Benue state people instead of pointing the way forward, this is enough broken bottles for you to chew tongue
And please don't come asking how they arrived at the figure o undecided

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Foxycarol(f): 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
its not d number of ppl in state dats HIV/AIDS dat matter, but how to enlighten ppl so d virus wuld nt spread
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by victorD3: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
Where in the report said Rivers state has the highest number of HIV people?

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Ijawboi(m): 3:47pm On Jun 03, 2013
SHIT.....

Time to pursue this my sugar mummy...

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by ePUNK: 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
Okija juju: CHINEKE!!!! I am finished...

*picks call*

Hello, Mr Okija, please visit SCOAN for your healing. You're finished..
1 Like

hahahahahahahhaha
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Sophiegurl(f): 3:49pm On Jun 03, 2013
yuzedo: tenk God ive only nyash 20 river babe. smiley cry
With or without protection? 2 against 18.
Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by Augustinaz(m): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2013
dolphinife: This report is misleading, barbaric, stupendous, incorrigible, incongruous and above all, unacceptable. This is a sheer propaganda by the enemies of ROTIMI AMAECHI to use everything within their power to discredit, dishonour, disfavour, dehumanise and distort the good works of ROTIMI AMAECHI.

We have been inundated in the past that GOMBE AND BENUE STATES has the largest reported cases of HIV/AIDS occurrence. This report is unacceptable because, it comes from the pit of hell.

I am from Ondo state, and by extension a Yoruba man, doesn't mean i shouldn't speak out the truth. All these rigmarolling and catastrophic campaign so as to denigrate the Rivers Govt can only make rotimi more popular
. Wetin dis nd dey talk? Na Rivers State we dey. The repot is correct. Rivers na number one Benue na number two.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers State Has Highest HIV/AIDS Cases In Nigeria by chaloner(m): 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
Amaechi is really working....................

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ways Not To Treat A Fat Guy! / COVID-19 Update For September 7 2020 In Nigeria (2617 Tested) / COVID-19 Vaccination Painfree, Says Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.