Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,385 members, 7,812,134 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:48 AM

To Experience Mum In The House - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / To Experience Mum In The House (1957 Views)

25 Year Old Guy Impregnates His Mum In Abuja! / Husband Abused By Mum-in-law Right In His House / Describe Your Mum In Two Words: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

To Experience Mum In The House by amtheone(m): 11:22am On Jun 01, 2013
First of all I want to say welldone for a great job u have done.

Pls I want know how u cope during the early stage of pregnancy.

My wife is going through so much and the amazing thing is that there is no medication that can take away all discomforts and pains associating with the early pregnancy.

If I have to write my experience, it will be long. No two mornings, afternoons, evening and nights are the same. I maybe out to get a particular item that she likes, while on my way back I may receieve alert to get something else. Hmmm.

Throwing up and cleaning up can be so wonderful. Thank God that I know how to cook and clean up, otherwise maybe I would have looked for help.

Sometime we called a doctor believing that we may get all in one solution, but we ended up getting "she needs to relax and get enough rest". If it is rest she has had it all.

Pls is there anything she can do or take to reduce this systematic discomfort and tireness.

Thank u once again for being our mum. I know better now what it looks like.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Handsomeemmy(m): 12:37pm On Jun 01, 2013
Where are the experienced mum? Don't just view , please comment , someone need help here.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by greatgod2012(f): 12:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
@ op, congratulations to you and your wife.......that is the joy of motherhood.
There is actually nothing you can do about it, its a phase, it shall soon pass, maybe, after the first trimester or thereabout, it all depend on her body metabolism.
As for the strange cravings, relax, its normal, its caused by pregnancy hormones, its a phase, all you need is to keep on to stay with her, i have for once asked my hubby to get me a log of wood, because i felt like carrying heavy object. So, relax, it wii soon be over, no problems, after the whole drama, you people will have some things to remember and laugh about. It is well.

Check this link to see how pregnancy turned our women to in form of strange cravings.

https://www.nairaland.com/1205705/how-embarrassing-it-get-during#14462534

1 Like

Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jun 01, 2013

1 Like

Re: To Experience Mum In The House by greatgod2012(f): 12:57pm On Jun 01, 2013
Here is another link you can read and you will be convinced that all is well

https://www.nairaland.com/1272672/pregnant-craving

1 Like

Re: To Experience Mum In The House by bellong: 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2013
You can read articles about pregnancy on this site to relief your mind about everything concerning pregnancy

www.babycenter.com

Meanwhile, there is nothing wrong with your wife's cravings. Its normal for pregnant people. Reduce the oil contents of food she eats to reduce irritation that leads to vomiting.

It is well with your family
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by feminineA: 8:29pm On Jun 01, 2013
No 2 pregnancies are alike. Your wife needs to know what works for her. Thnaks for been a supportive husband. Its really not easy especially first time.

www.whattoexpect.com is a good site that keeps you up to date on pregnancy issue. She can also join some pregnancy forums online.

All will b well. Cheers!
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 8:42pm On Jun 01, 2013
OP, I don't think she suffered like me o, I lost 6-8kg the first 4 months, got admitted at the clinic two times. It got to point I was a walking corpse...my neck long no be small...

I was even swearing and cursing hubby..9 months no gree reach sef but at the end, it came to pass...

Let her hang in there, maybe register in a birth club like babycenter dot com, discuss with people on her birth plan, like that they discuss their problem and console them selves.

Pls, take care of her because she is won't be herself always..understand her and always love her,

Before I forget, take your bath 4 times a day! Just for her, it will help. Thanks wink
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by amtheone(m): 9:35pm On Jun 01, 2013
Vikin: OP, I don't think she suffered like me o, I lost 6-8kg the first 4 months, got admitted at the clinic two times. It got to point I was a walking corpse...my neck long no be small...

I was even swearing and cursing hubby..9 months no gree reach sef but at the end, it came to pass...

Let her hang in there, maybe register in a birth club like babycenter dot com, discuss with people on her birth plan, like that they discuss their problem and console them selves.

Pls, take care of her because she is won't be herself always..understand her and always love her,

Before I forget, take your bath 4 times a day! Just for her, it will help. Thanks wink

Pls vikin how does taking my bath 4 times a day help her. Pls throw more light. Thanks.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jun 01, 2013
amtheone:

Pls vikin how does taking my bath 4 times a day help her. Pls throw more light. Thanks.

Her nose will be very sensitive to smell now, so keep your self always fresh when u are by her side during the massage section. She might be allergic to deodorant but your freshness will help her. Who knows, jigijigi might take place and it will increase her energy level.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2013
amtheone:

She is right! No perf,deodorants and all those smelly things u guys put on ur body(actually that was d name I gave it)
I always dread but lv pregnancy cos I'm so opposite of myself!
Poster if u want it to be fun,it will be for u! If she no gree for bedroom action,just let her be.as for me,forget it.seperate rooms, diff pots(if at all I will cook, by d way,cook what and for which house?.I be bonga fish!)Infact its only God that cs pregnant women through by his grace.but I tell u, its fun even if I dey cry!
Congratulation dear! Enjoy d ride!
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by amtheone(m): 10:22pm On Jun 01, 2013
Vikin:

Her nose will be very sensitive to smell now, so keep your self always fresh when u are by her side during the massage section. She might be allergic to deodorant but your freshness will help her. Who knows, jigijigi might take place and it will increase her energy level.

Ok, I get it now. She is very sensitive. For d body spray, it almost a no no situation for now. For d jigijigi, it has been put on hold - lol.

Infact, its a new world am living in. But am trying my best to give her the best attention. But throwing-up, oh my God.

By God's grace when the baby is here. We wld share the testimony and experience.

Thank u once more
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 01, 2013
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jun 01, 2013
amtheone:
But throwing-up, oh my God.

You're a really good man for cleaning up after her puke. God bless you and I hope this stage passes soon for you both.

Also, there are medicines that may help the nausea. The doctor should really have given you more options.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Nobody: 6:57am On Jun 02, 2013
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by StateOfMind: 9:25am On Jun 02, 2013
I should show my sister this thread so she'd realise she's not alone. My sister vomits hourly and she feels hers is extreme. She dreads eating anything and brushing in the morning because she always vomits afterwards even if she takes ordinary lipton or pap or nothing sometimes.sad .she has used avomine and other drugs recommended by the doctor but they have no effect. She's always so weak and she's now developing ulcer because nothing stays in her stomach. She has a saliva container that follows her everywhere, bitterleaf, bittercola (orogbo) and garden egg used to help in suppress the spitting but not anymore.

She's looking forward to the end of her first trimester hoping the nausea and uncontrolled spitting will stop but With the posts I'm reading here, it is not guaranteed.

God help her because I really miss my bubbly sister, she's just a shadow of herself nowsad

2 Likes

Re: To Experience Mum In The House by amtheone(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2013
Thank u all for suggestions and good wishes.

For the pains, she has run all the neccessary tests and scan which the doctor confirmed that there is nothing wrong with her. That the pains are as a result of changes in her system.

After reading those links u guys directed me to, am more prepared now than ever to go all out in making sure she gets d best treatment from me.

Let me quickly boil water for her to have her bath and prepare her breakfast before she asks what have I been doing on phone since oh - Lol.

1 Like

Re: To Experience Mum In The House by taryour(f): 11:33am On Jun 02, 2013
Vikin: OP, I don't think she suffered like me o, I lost 6-8kg the first 4 months, got admitted at the clinic two times. It got to point I was a walking corpse...my neck long no be small...

Yes o dear vikin,been there also. Mine was even worse,first 3 and half months was hell for me,spent 99percent of it in and out of admission with countless drips and injection holes on my body. I could eat or drink absolutely nothing,at a point I though I would vomit the baby growing in my tummy. Every body irritated me,my hubby inclusive,I became shy and dint want anybody seeing me cause I thin pass bonga fish,you would mistake me for an AIDS patient.
But after the first 4months was over,omo come see me,I get energy pass voltron and was always out,up and down.
OP nothing is wrong with your wifey o,it will all be over sooner than you expect,the cravings are very normal, my first preg my cravings where very funny,I onced begged for corn from a woman,could go from lagos to abeokuta just to get cooked ofada rice,I once woke my hubby at d middle of d night to drive me to mr biggs to get beef burger,I even bought food from women cooking n selling close to d gutters as long as the food tasted good I was less concerned.

You can get her a book EVERY WOMAN it will alo teach her a lot on how to manage herself and how her baby is developing.

BTW op don't be surprised when she starts doing unnecessary house chores when all dis is over.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Daresh(f): 2:29pm On Jun 02, 2013
My pregnancy was relatively easy and I didn't throw up even once. However I felt sick, irritable, had cravings and a terrible rush of hormones that made me hate everyone especially my dear husband. I didn't have the smell thing though. I remember picking out perfumes and the shop attendants we're staring at me and wondering why the smells didn't bug me cheesy
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by greatgod2012(f): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
amtheone: Thank u all for suggestions and good wishes.

For the pains, she has run all the neccessary tests and scan which the doctor confirmed that there is nothing wrong with her. That the pains are as a result of changes in her system.

After reading those links u guys directed me to, am more prepared now than ever to go all out in making sure she gets d best treatment from me.

Let me quickly boil water for her to have her bath and prepare her breakfast before she asks what have I been doing on phone since oh - Lol.

God bless you for this and you will definately not regret your kind gestures. Keep it up.

You are the real man!
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by danjkad: 10:09am On Jun 03, 2013
First ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ all congrat. Wat Ūя wife ȋ̝̊̅§ goin tru now ȋ̝̊̅§ normal. D̶̲̥̅̊α̇̇̇̊τ̣̣̥'s pregnancy ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ U̶̲̥̅̊. It's a stage by stage tin. ℓ̊ 'm sure wen she's tru wit her first trimester, dere'll b changes.
ℓ̊ could remember mine den. ℓ̊ was only eatin yam and palm oil. It was my favourite den. Will eat it ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ breakfast, lunch n dinner. My mother-in-law was even tired ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ me den. She was like wat type ☺f̶̲̥̅̊ pregnancy ȋ̝̊̅§ Ƌ̲̣̣̣̥ȋ̝̊̅̄Ƨ̷̜̩̌̋ 1.
S̴̩☺ dn't worry. Always try Τ̅☺ b dere ƒό̲̣̣̣̥r̲̅ her. God bless U̶̲̥̅̊.
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by LewsTherin: 2:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
Your comments make me laff in a good way. Also makes me dread knocking me wifey up! I like me peace and only work related stress. I fear her getting pregnant and I dread the disaster of kids tearing the place up!!!
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Chicolo(f): 3:04pm On Jun 03, 2013
Poster,the lord is your muscle oo
All this comments dey fear me sef,cos my marriage will be two months this month and my MIL don dey ask aw far.
Me and hussy dey fear all dis Hormone Palava oo.
God help us#sighs#
Re: To Experience Mum In The House by Ruhuoma49: 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2021
Hello peepx......
If anyone can help, please do.
I'm approaching eight weeks of pregnancy but I'm always terribly sick. I don't know what's wrong. I've been to several hospitals on emergency and I've done all the tests.
I don't even feel like my body is mine again, I feel like I'm dying.
I spit like three litres if not more of saliva and thick phlegm from the throat which I cough out daily. I'm so frustrated.
I've chewed heaven and earth. I just want to feel better even a little.
God forgive me but I've even thought of terminating it.
I've never been pregnant before and I don't think this is how it's supposed to be. I've stopped work long ago because I can't even get up from bed.
Please if you know anything that can help in anyway.......

(1) (Reply)

24-yr-old Man Impregnates Sister In Calabar. / The Birth Song Of The Himba, Namibia. / (photo) Oni Of Ife New Queen, Friends Exposed Are Dirty Runz Via An Open Letter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.