Stats: 3,155,869 members, 7,828,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? (3046 Views)

The New Way Bachelors Look For Wives In Warri! / Does Class Matters When Searching For A Life Partner? / “strictly For Wives” By Praise Fowowe – A Must Have! (2) (3) (4)

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Sometimes it's like that of Prince Charles, Princess Diana, and Camilla Parker-Bowles. Marry the woman you don't love as much because you want fine children. Once you get your kids, move on. His kids are gorgeous. His wife left him and he went home to marry skeletor's sister, all in the name of marrying a Nigerian.

That's true. I don't live with them. Their PDAs could be staged, but I don't know of anyone who annually renews vows or holds wedding receptions just to prove to people that their relationship is still strong. That's costly.

For someone who's engaged, you ought to believe in love. Not everyone is in it for personal reasons.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

I understand what u mean by foreigners but are you saying Nigerians will use fellow Nigerian Americans for papers? Haba!

Hell yeah are you kidding me? They're the worst users in the history of using someone.

The problem is, they watch a lot tv that some of them don't wait to get their citizenship before acting funny.

You're 45-50 went to Nigeria to fetch a chick in her early 20's what do you expect?
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hey Princessme, is that you on your profile?
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by xynerise: 8:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
REALITY101: I guess the Nigerian man married to a Mexican wife needed a cook not a wife. Believe it or not she's gonna let him know she's ain't his cook soon or later. Btw you don't live with them to conclude they're happy cuz there's high chances he's the one happy for getting himself a cook or chef who can make eguse soul and fufu, how about the village chick? Is she happy too? Oh sure, she gotta be happy to be in the US OF A.

You can hate and criticize Nigerian girls but they still make the best wives.

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
xynerise:
You can hate and criticize Nigerian girls but they still make the best wives.

No sir, no one is hating or criticizing Nigerian women here but if that's how you see it, you're welcome.

As for making the best wife, "cough" I don't know about that one.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
xynerise: You can hate and criticize Nigerian girls but they still make the best wife.

Partially correct. It's not that non-Nigerians aren't great wives. A lot of them are. It's just that after a while, and in my opinion, some Nigerian men miss what their fathers experienced. The blame goes both ways really. If a Nigerian woman can prepare spaghetti or macaroni and cheese, then there's no reason why a non-Nigerian can't learn Nigerian food or at least learn what her Nigerian husband wants. On the other hand, some men don't verbalize their desires well and shouldn't expect a non-Nigerian to fill the shoes of a Chioma or Olubunmi.

Two of my uncles married non-Nigerians. Both of their wives came to my mom and asked to learn how to make Nigerian food. One, an African American, was making rice and stew within a few years of marriage. The other, a Caucasian, can make egusi soup, moin moin, and pound yam. She makes rice and stew a few times a month as well.
The bottom line is if one wants to make a relationship work, he or she has the power to make it work.

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Idowuogbo:
Burnt anuz, howdy? grin

Lol at the visual. Good but constipated!
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jun 02, 2013
ogugua88:

Partially correct. It's not that non-Nigerians aren't great wives. A lot of them are. It's just that after a while, and in my opinion, some Nigerian men miss what their fathers experienced. The blame goes both ways really. If a Nigerian woman can prepare spaghetti or macaroni and cheese, then there's no reason why a non-Nigerian can't learn Nigerian food or at least learn what her Nigerian husband wants. On the other hand, some men don't verbalize their desires well and shouldn't expect a non-Nigerian to fill the shoes of a Chioma or Olubunmi.

Oh now I get it. So it's all about cooking huh? Thanks again for educating me.

I'm proud of my bro and just in case I end up with a Hispanic, white or Caribbean woman, I gonna definitely do like him. If making my favorite Nigeria meal is gonna be the wahala I will go get myself a chef who knows how to make eguse n goat soup from Nigeria "Anambra or Calabar" I heard they're the best.

Btw I'm still wondering why most Nigerians don't have life insurance? Haha those that do don't let their women know about it.

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
REALITY101: Oh now I get it. So it's all about cooking huh? Thanks again for educating me.

I'm proud of my bro and just in case I end up with a Hispanic, white or Caribbean woman, I gonna definitely do like him. If making my favorite Nigeria meal is gonna be the wahala I will go get myself a chef who knows how to make eguse n goat soup from Nigeria "Anambra or Calabar" I heard they're the best.

Btw I'm still wondering why most Nigerians don't have life insurance? Haha those that do don't let their women know about it.

Those were examples.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
I have always told people grass isn't greener on the other side. You may get the wife that can cook the best African dishes.....but does she make you happy and compatible with you? Many Africans and non-Africans are in failed relationships whether they are with those of similar cultures or different cultures.

It has nothing to do with where someone is from or how they were raised...people change directly or indirectly. It will never be the same forever except determination to make it work regardless.

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
I have always told people grass isn't greener on the other side. You may get the wife that can cook the best African dishes.....but does she make you happy and compatible with you? Many Africans and non-Africans are in failed relationships whether they are with those of similar cultures or different cultures.

It has nothing to do with where someone is from or how they were raised...people change directly or indirectly. It will never be the same forever except determination to make it work regardless.

Sad point on truth
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
Ok this is going to sound very harsh. But number 4 is the most obvious reason. My Caribbean and Indian families have always explicitly denied the girls in the family to bring home a Nigerian man. They refuse to think that not ask Nigerian men aren't fraudsters or polygamous. My Jamaican grandmother would sit us down and say that they all have wives back home and in Europe and UK and America and so on. So considering that you'dnever be allowed to pursue a serious relationship, we would honestly use them. Most Jamaicans instill hard work ethics on their daughters, but the fact that Nigerian men are used to spending on their women we'd just use you for clothes etc. No need to be the sweet industrious women we were taught to be because the relationship was a fake one. In Montreal,.we'd call it boopsing, where we already have out man but keep the Nigerian on the side to get us stuff. The best part is that 80% of us would never dream of sleeping with the boops because he just want to show his crew that he can date a light skin Caribbean chick.

For myself, I had one boops when I was around 19 this guy just wanted to drive me aroun in his BMW convertible and he spent like 20000$ on me in 3 weeks. I never did it again.

HARDDON: op, kindly ignore DREAMER101!

here are possible reasons:

1) total moral decadency of the western world. no manners. no morals. no respect.

Nigerian gurls know better( this is your major reason)

2) shamble marriages are just too rampant that a brother dont wano be label as fake up niqqah whoz selling his soul just cos of a freaky tiny green washed up papers.

3) most whytes or foreign gurls cant take care of the home. rudiment of home keeping lacking

4) some where strictly warned not to bring home a foreigner

and a host of other reason

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 8:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
vivalableue: Ok this is going to sound very harsh. But number 4 is the most obvious reason. My Caribbean and Indian families have always explicitly denied the girls in the family to bring home a Nigerian man. They refuse to think that not ask Nigerian men aren't fraudsters or polygamous. My Jamaican grandmother would sit us down and say that they all have wives back home and in Europe and UK and America and so on. So considering that you'dnever be allowed to pursue a serious relationship, we would honestly use them. Most Jamaicans instill hard work ethics on their daughters, but the fact that Nigerian men are used to spending on their women we'd just use you for clothes etc. No need to be the sweet industrious women we were taught to be because the relationship was a fake one. In Montreal,.we'd call it boopsing, where we already have out man but keep the Nigerian on the side to get us stuff. The best part is that 80% of us would never dream of sleeping with the boops because he just want to show his crew that he can date a light skin Caribbean chick.

For myself, I had one boops when I was around 19 this guy just wanted to drive me aroun in his BMW convertible and he spent like 20000$ on me in 3 weeks. I never did it again.

You felt like a ho huh?

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
The morale of this thread is be with the person rhat wants you for you. No hidden agendas and no bullshit.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

You felt like a ho huh?

Meanie
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
vivalableue: Ok this is going to sound very harsh. But number 4 is the most obvious reason. My Caribbean and Indian families have always explicitly denied the girls in the family to bring home a Nigerian man.

They refuse to think that not ask Nigerian men aren't fraudsters or polygamous. My Jamaican grandmother would sit us down and say that they all have wives back home and in Europe and UK and America and so on. So considering that you'd never be allowed to pursue a serious relationship, we would honestly use them.

Most Jamaicans instill hard work ethics on their daughters, but the fact that Nigerian men are used to spending on their women we'd just use you for clothes etc. No need to be the sweet industrious women we were taught to be because the relationship was a fake one. In Montreal,.we'd call it boopsing, where we already have out man but keep the Nigerian on the side to get us stuff.

The best part is that 80% of us would never dream of sleeping with the boops because he just want to show his crew that he can date a light skin Caribbean chick.

sis, you know some of our Jamaican men are just as shady as some Nigerian men right?
So no disrespect but your grandmother may be looking out for you but she went about it in an ignorant way.

and as for having a man but having a Nigerian man on the side...come on now.
Not cool undecided.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 10:46pm On Jun 02, 2013
REALITY101:

Meanie

You were thinking it.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 10:47pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

sis, you know some of our Jamaican men are just as shady as some Nigerian men right?
So no disrespect but your grandmother may be looking out for you but she went about it in an ignorant way.

and as for having a man but having a Nigerian man on the side...come on now.
Not cool undecided.

True. Jamo men are good in.........
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

You felt like a ho huh?

lol. it sounds like tricking to me.
idk..

but i just want everyone to know NOT ALL CARIBBEAN WOMEN ARE LIKE THAT!
i know of some successful relationships btn caribbean women and african men.
as in genuine love and respect on both sides...so don't take what she said above for gospel.

i for one am appalled. undecided
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

True. Jamo men are good in.........

grin grin oh lord..here we go. grin
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 10:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

idk..

as in genuine love and respect on both sides...so don't take what she said above for gospel.

Hmmmmm as a Carriber inspired....I know but I am appalled too!

Psst I got some cute half African babies ready for adoption..they just like they ashy daddy. grin
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 10:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

grin grin oh lord..here we go. grin

Imma get me a Jamo baby!

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by diarra94(m): 10:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Some niqqahz jst wanna marry some caucasian or hispanic chic for pride and ego. Later on, he gets tired of all the bullshit, heads to africa and marry a girl that can cook, carry, and bathe him. Itz jst abo ut learning more about your partner and making some efforts/sacrifices.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

idk..

Word.. My bro is happily married to a in n out beautiful woman from Trinidad n Tobago.. "West Ind"

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Kails mi gal wha gwaan? a lang time yuh nuh link mi, ebryting kriss?

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 11:00pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hey Buffie! kiss

Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
diarra94: Some niqqahz jst wanna marry [color=#990000]some caucasian or hispanic chic for pride and ego[/color]. Later on, he gets tired of all the bullshit, heads to africa and marry a girl that can cook, carry, and bathe him. Itz jst abo ut learning more about your partner and making some efforts/sacrifices.

Are you ok?
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Hey Buffie! kiss

Get a room
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:

Hmmmmm as a Carriber inspired....I know but I am appalled too!

Psst I got some cute half African babies ready for adoption..they just like they ashy daddy. grin

lmfao! grin grin

you remember a long time ago you had that "babies for sale" thread? grin grin LOL!

REALITY101:

Word.. My bro is happily married to a in n out beautiful woman from Trinidad n Tobago.. "West Ind"

THAT'S WHAT'S UP! cool
correct guy! T&T babes r hawt! cool

Rudebwoy: Kails mi gal wha gwaan? a lang time yuh nuh link mi, ebryting kriss?

Wah gwan mi yute?
Of course! Everyting criss! Mi dey ya. just a hold a vibes. You? You good? It's been a while. smiley

Mrs..Chima:

Imma get me a Jamo baby!

lmfao! well, naturally my kids will be half jamo tongue tongue

nan nanny boo boo! cheesy grin grin
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by Nobody: 11:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
Mrs..Chima:
Hey Buffie! kiss

don't be giving my husband a shout out!
wam tu you? angry grin grin tongue
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 11:14pm On Jun 02, 2013
REALITY101:

Get a room

Room these nuts culo.
Re: Nigerians In USA, Why Do You Always Go Home When Searching For Wives? by MrsChima1(f): 11:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
*Kails*:

don't be giving my husband a shout out!
wam tu you? angry grin grin tongue

U know u husband is a ho right?

Ladies, Ebony Or Ivory? / Hilarious.. Names Of Girls And Their Supposed Meaning..(picz) / My Babe Just Told Me "No More Sex"

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55