Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,094 members, 7,811,065 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF (22369 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by ballabriggs: 11:47am On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy:

The NGF is constitutional but has no jurisdiction. I think Nigerians use the word unconstitutional loosely to mean lacking any power or jurisdiction. Of course the NGF is constitutional.

Thank you very much, it is silly and mischievous to say the NGF is unconstitutional.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by KnowAll(m): 11:47am On Jun 02, 2013
[size=18pt]All the Pro-Jang Governors have to do is change the name round to,

Forum For Nigerian Governors - FFNG, Abi oh[/size]

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by jmaine: 11:49am On Jun 02, 2013
The once upon a time irrelevant peer group pressure has been whittled down . . .

Now everyone is going to face his/her home work of governance cool

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by waleadex(m): 11:49am On Jun 02, 2013
KnowAll:

Badt guy... grin

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 11:50am On Jun 02, 2013
KnowAll:

well they can do that

But at least by that they would have admitted defeat in the NGF

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 11:52am On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy:

The NGF is constitutional but has no jurisdiction. I think Nigerians use the word unconstitutional loosely to mean lacking any power or jurisdiction. Of course the NGF is constitutional.

Indeed.

The Nigeria Governors’ Forum was established in 1999 following a multi-party conference of all the 36 democratically elected State Governors. The Nigeria Governors’ Forum is registered under Part C of the Companies and Allied Matters Act, (CAMA), 1990, and also draws its legality from Section 40 of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Source: http://nggovernorsforum.com/
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man

O boy! You go fear logic now grin Get help fast, your brain does not belong in your arze man.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by PapaBrowne(m): 11:57am On Jun 02, 2013
ballabriggs: All these talk about the NGF being 'unconstitutional' is totally stupid. The constitution guarantees the freedom of association and nobody can take this right away from us.

If the Governors deem it fit to exercise this right by way of the NGF, nobody has a right to stop them from doing this. And this is what they want. They want to have a hold of their forum where they can share knowledge and information; and not have one drunk man from Aso Villa determine how they choose to associate.

Good move Raji Fashola.

The NGF is as constitutional as OPC, MASSOB and your Neighborhood association as well as the Association of retired Prostitutes. They all have a right to freedom of association.

NGF is unconstitutional as a body of governance with regard to jurisdiction of state functions. In that light any utilization of taxpayers money for the funding of the activities of the NGF is totally illegal.

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Eazeee(m): 11:58am On Jun 02, 2013
Its gradually becoming clearer that d opposition parties are d sponsors of Ameachi as claimed by d PDP. Am not a GEJ fan but we hav 2 face fact. Its a simple mathematics guys. If d PDP felt Ameachi can no longer represent their interest due 2 his romance wit opposition but prefer Jang then y are d opposition insisting on Ameachi? Even though its glaring that Ameachi won d elaction,his party doesnt want him. I dont even know y dey even go into that election in d 1st place when its clear d opposition is trying 2 tear them apart thru Ameachi. This is politics guys u hav 2 protect ur interest not that of d opposition. I dont like d ruling party myself but dis calibre of nigerian opposition is not an option @ all.
TODAY IS YESTERDAYS TOMORROW

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by ballabriggs: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
PapaBrowne:

The NGF is as constitutional as OPC, MASSOB and your Neighborhood association as well as the Association of retired Prostitutes. They all have a right to freedom of association.

NGF is unconstitutional as a body of governance with regard to jurisdiction of state functions. In that light any utilization of taxpayers money for the funding of the activities of the NGF is totally illegal.

Are you telling me a State has no right to make donations to a not for profit organisation? Under what law or guiding principle due you determine where donations should be made?
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by GenOrumov: 12:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man
You're unintelligent! That's what I can deduce from your analogy.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by browncool(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy:

Grown up men can not take part in an electoral process and then turn around to question whether the election itself should have happened after they lost! Thats moving the goal post!

This is exactly my thought
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by SOJ111(m): 12:06pm On Jun 02, 2013
ballabriggs: All these talk about the NGF being 'unconstitutional' is totally stupid. The constitution guarantees the freedom of association and nobody can take this right away from us.

If the Governors deem it fit to exercise this right by way of the NGF, nobody has a right to stop them from doing this. And this is what they want. They want to have a hold of their forum where they can share knowledge and information; and not have one drunk man from Aso Villa determine how they choose to associate.

Good move Raji Fashola.
The way people argue on NL is baffling sometimes. What we fail to realize is that this is setting a bad precedence for our democracy. People endorsing this illegality today should note that if this happens in a national election it is anarchy. I expected the Pro-Jang faction to have gone to court to stop Amechi from parading himself as the Chairman before the election if they felt agrieved. We should learn yo act civilized in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by nduchucks: 12:07pm On Jun 02, 2013
Until I see the by-laws of the NGF, I wouldn't assume that Fashola win win this case.

Reporter_Quoting_Aregbesola:
When he wanted to inaugurate the forum’s secretariat in Abuja, he sent invitation cards to governors and only 16 governors, including himself (Aregbesola), honoured the invitation. If you truly won an election and you feel you are being denied your mandate, you go to court. You don’t resort to self-help.

Wetin Aregbesola find go this purportedly illegal inauguration again? Maybe he had his hidden camera again for gathering evidence wey Fashola dem go use for court. Jokers!! cheesy
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by nairalad: 12:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
I laugh when people say Fashola's action is tantamount to admitting authenticity of Jang's faction.

When someone trespasses on your land and start posing as the owner I guess by paying attention to him indicates he is the rightful owner.

Retardeen's apologists can never seize to amaze.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by samdbash(m): 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2013

My brother, if you say you own a plot of land with relevant documents & someone else comes with his own documents & lays claim to the same plot; it's only the court that can decide on the matter. That's the beauty of democracy; you can go to court to seek for any redress as long as you have the 'locus standi'(i.e you r personally affected) to do so. I believe this suit isn't stopping Fashola from doing the good job he's doing in Lagos. Some of us really envy u guys having a productive Governor that u can always be proud of despite whatever shortcomings he may have as a human being.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by nairalad: 12:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
SOJ111:
The way people argue on NL is baffling sometimes. What we fail to realize is that this is setting a bad precedence for our democracy. People endorsing this illegality today should note that if this happens in a national election it is anarchy. I expected the Pro-Jang faction to have gone to court to stop Amechi from parading himself as the Chairman before the election if they felt agrieved. We should learn yo act civilized in Nigeria.

^
Exactly!

This only came after they lost. Can you imagine Jang saying 19 governors "endosed" him before the election which automatically makes him a winner. SMH
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:16pm On Jun 02, 2013

Every educated adult should have a basic knowledge of the law. This manner of reasoning is stupid to say the very least.

Smdh.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by nairalad: 12:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
ndu_chucks: Until I see the by-laws of the NGF, I wouldn't assume that Fashola win win this case.

Wetin Aregbesola find go this purportedly illegal inauguration again? Maybe he had his hidden camera again for gathering evidence wey Fashola dem go use for court. Jokers!! cheesy

"Including himself" means Jang NOT Aregbe.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 02, 2013
nairalad:

"Including himself" means Jang NOT Aregbe.

dont mind Alhaji Ndu_chuks

Him drink overdose kunu this morning
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by mafiacent(m): 12:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
“If Governor Fashola claims that his camp has the majority, he does not need to go to court. Let him call them and showcase them.”

Really?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Garrithe1st: 12:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
ballabriggs:
You Sir deserve to be awarded the "mumu of the day"!

Endorsed by Hon. Garri,

The Odidigboigbo of Politics Section.

cool cool
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by abokinside: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
If Jang had won the elections by 19 votes against Ameachi's 16 and then Ameachi and co begin to throw tantrums like this what will you guys supporting Jang and Jona be saying now?
Truth is I ve never seen a president as lawless as Gej(except Obj).
He successfully manipulated the pdp convection to produce bamanga tukur even though the party had agreed earlier, that all positions were goin to be chosen by the the zones which the north east produced Babayo but because Gej wanted bamanga at all cost, that election was cancelled and they had to hold d abuja drama just to elect bamanga. He now controls the party, same with bot of the pdp, he got anenih in. Now the final lap to secure 2015 ticket NGF. Unfortunately he meets his waterloo there, then now decides to show his true colour, a clueless, classless dictator. Why go into an election when u know wont accept the result if it doesn't go ur way. All those supporting Jang just because he seems to be on Gej's side are blinded by ethnic loyalty. Truth isJang and Jona lost, let them stop acting llike babies. You dont win all battles. Stop asking stupod questions like "what is the importance of NGF" the importance is the reason why 16 govs and a president want to controll it by all means. To those cursing Ameachi for aligning with northerners. Why are northerners not cursing gov Shema and gov Yuguda for aligning with Gej? Kudos to gov Fashola he has done the right thing, Presidents in saner climes distance themselves from brigandry but here the president leads it

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Blueboy0402: 12:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Dear Fashola,
I know you to be a man of integrity and honour. You have always exhibited great admunistrative sagacity that leaves us craving for you to occupy Aso Villa someday. I know you are more intelligent than your boss despite his extra-party peccadillos with the general who became a coupe plotter; a coupe plotter who became head of state; head of state who became PTF chairman; PTF chairman who became serial election looser; serial election looser who describes his countrymen as dogs baboons and promised to soak them in blood.

I know you will not tolerate politicians who have legendary penchant for all forms of malpractice especially the one who said "God is a democrat, does not support rigging but if you rig and succeed, that means God approves if it". However can you remember what your boss did before you entered government house Alausa? I thought they said what is good for Adamu is good for the Chukwuemeka? You have done well for Lagos and if there were a third term I'll vote for you again. Please don't allow politicians with "Toronto Certificate" and those who call fellow Nigerians dogs amd baboons, to use you and spoil your good name. You have a name and reputation every politician will want to use to achieve his ambition. Protect them jeolously! God bless Fashola. God bless Lagos. God bless Nigeria.
Yours sincerely,
Blueboy

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by nduchucks: 12:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy:

dont mind Alhaji Ndu_chuks

Him drink overdose kunu this morning

lol, my post shows how easy it is for incompetent journalists to confuse people (abi na me 4k up the interpretation). I'm surprised that no one has opened a new thread to call Aregbe a traitor. cheesy

I fully expect the judge to issue an injunction which would temporarily stop Jang and give GEJ and his cohorts time to get the 'right' judge to make the 'right' ruling.

O ye Nigeria's Sergeant Does, where art thou!!!
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Gamji007: 12:37pm On Jun 02, 2013
ballabriggs:

So if I own a land and you come trespassing, I can't get a court order restraining you from further trespassing.

You Sir deserve to be awarded the "mumu of the day"!

Perfect response.
cheesycheesycheesy
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Symphony007: 12:49pm On Jun 02, 2013
Using this presedence in 2015, jonathan can come and say a majority of nigerians states endorsed him so therefore so election is irrelevant. I don't see how any sensible nigerian will look through this NGF crisis and support jonathan no matter your party or tribal affiliation!

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by danny301: 12:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
oshyno: Wow these ACN apologists never seem to amaze me. How can u support this meaningless move by Fashola. By the way is that not tax payers money that hez wasting on an unconstitutional body like NGF. DO u know what it takes to bring in Falana and those SANs to take up ur case. How can u condone illegality simply bcuz is Fashola. Smh

How is it a meaningless move?... People like you that have lost everything that has to do with honesty in you just because of dirty politics are the reasons why our so-called leaders do things with impunity.... The NGF was patterned after the American Governors' forum where we copied our system of Govt from, it was registered with the appropriate bodies which means its not an illegal association.

As for you calling Fashola's action illegality, i put it to you that you have you have not the slightest understanding of what illegality means.... Illegality is when a man that lost election goes about portraying himself as the winner.... Illegality is when a President endorses a man with 16 votes ahead of the one with nineteen vote.Illegality is using a purported endorsement done before election as against the out-come of the real election.

Fashola trying to use the court to stop Jang from parading himself as the forum's chairman is the legal and noble way of doing things in a civilized society not the malfeasance and depravity that people like you are supporting. You said Fashola is wasting tax payers money by instituting a legal proceeding just because its against your interest, if i may ask, whose money is Jang spending by renting an alternative secretariat and hiring a new administrator for the forum?

If 35 state Governors conducted a simple election with its video on net and the out-come of the election is been rubbished what then is the hope of the average Nigerian, that his vote will ever count in that country?...... Its high time we began to be sincere to ourselves .

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
DAY11.:
na who curse naija sef? angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 02, 2013
ok. So fashola has grown up abi. We will wipe his ass silly. All the fine argument about who win and doesnt is irrelevant. The bottom line is that amaechi is undermining gej for 2015 and gej is undermining amaechi and co for 2015. In politics as in war, all is fair. Fashola go soon run go meet tinubu crying.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Symphony007: 12:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
Nigeria can never be united! The tribalism in this country runs too deep! It's just madness!!on a trip I met a company driver in port harcourt and asked him his view on this ameachi-jonathan fued. And he said ameachi is a traitor to his region and that he should go. I then asked him. Which school his kids attend. He said it's the ameachi government schools and that he does'nt pay fees or buy books, uniform,sandals,lunch, all is provided by the state. One of his children was also born in one of the new ameachi free healthcare centers. He is starting a buisness soon with loan gotten from the RSSDA established by ameachi. He said all these and then i asked him what jonathan has done for him as a person or the niger delta as a whole, and he was speechless. Tribalism and utter stupidity!!! This country is and will never be united.

7 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Danielotuya(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2013
[shadrach77)This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man

So funny how some people will write jst to show their utter ignorance,naivety and above all stupidity.. Did u even read what u wrote?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Senate Presidency: Akume Disagrees With Tinubu, Akande On Zoning / Nigeria Power Sector On The Hopes Of Breakthrough / Nigerian Boko Haram Members Arrested By Security Operatives In Cameroon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.