Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,695 members, 7,823,955 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF (22376 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by FolaAribilola: 1:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Thank you Governor Fashola

If this behaviour of Jonathan and Jang is not checked it will set a very dangerous precedent.

Jonathan will loose again in court!

I quiet agreed wt d above, some of NL just post comments wtout thinking, we need to be careful wt d Nigeria politics. It has become PDP tradition in stealing mandate we all know what happened in 2007 elections in Osun,ekiti & Edo states it was court dat decided d true winners in those states, hence Gov Fashola SAN has done what is wright( pro Ameachi has done well by not heating d politics). 2 d history is not far in 2012 january on oil subsidy- remember NGF were wt FG in policy making as a stakeholder on d issue. 3 during president Yar'adua demised av dey forgotten NGF were fully involved among other stakeholders. Finally just becos someone interest
Is at stake he decides to break NGF by supporting what is unjust. Fellow Nigerians & NL shine ur eyes n stand for what is fare, just n truth above all d rule of law. Am not a party card member or into politics but let d rule of law guide our doings for future generation so that everyone will be proud to be a Nigerian n also av a sense of belonging.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EagleNest(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2013
Good men with conscience should not keep quiet when it mattered most. Fashola's action is spot-on and should set the tune for more suits. What is wrong with Jang sef? At his age he's still being used around by GEJ/AKPABIO to create bad blood among the Govs.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by gregg2: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
Symphony007: Nigeria can never be united! The tribalism in this country runs too deep! It's just madness!!on a trip I met a company driver in port harcourt and asked him his view on this ameachi-jonathan fued. And he said ameachi is a traitor to his region and that he should go. I then asked him. Which school his kids attend. He said it's the ameachi government schools and that he does'nt pay fees and then i asked him what jonathan has done for him as a person or the niger delta as a whole, and he was speechless. Tribalism and utter stupidity!!! This country is and will never be united.

My guy your epistle doesn't fly. Go to neighbouring Akwa Ibom to see first class infrastructure and development. Amaechi has not done anything spectacular especially when placed side by side with the huge billions of naira accruing to Rivers state.

FG and States are different entities. They have spelt out responsibilities. The scope of FG is much wider covering the 36 states while the very essence of splitting the country into various states is to bring governance closer to the people and touch people's lives more directly. Historically, Free Education has been a policy of Regional Governments or states as they are called now. Awolowo did it for his region as leader of that region. It did not come from the center. There is nothing new about renovating schools and offering free education. Akpabio is doing even more in that regard.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by PEREP: 1:23pm On Jun 02, 2013
All the Pro-Jang need to do is a resolution paper to the courts that they supported Jang during the election since no one wrote his name down during the Amaechi/Jang first elections.
Already, 19 of them attended the inaugural meeting of Jang faction.
Plateau
Bauchi
Gombe
Taraba
Katsina
Kaduna
Crossriver
Akwaibom
Bayelsa
Ebonyi
Abia
Enugu
Anambra
Kogi
Benue
Ondo
Kwara
Delta
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Atlantic: Fashola needs not to bring down himself to the level of these visionless and jobless governors over one crappy forum. He should focus on Lagos and SW development.

I see what you are saying, but regardless our feelings per this silly association, illegalities must not stand and fairness, justice and equity must prevail.

This gross and dubious day light robbery must not stand because this is how it starts and before you know, 2015 is the same story by the same crooked and lawless. People stealing and.refusing to honor election results.

This is a very just fight and a preventive move against similar shady moves come 2015.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by tunapawizzy: 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man
U ARE A MANIFESTATION OF JOHN 11 vs 35.....WHEN JESUS SAW STUPIDITYYY IN HUMAN FORM, HE JUST HAD TO WEEP

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by jenti: 1:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
Gov Fashola has done the right thing and we all need to applaud his step
In a democratic setting it is d duty of the Courts to interprete the rules in the event of dispute. That is perhaps the edge n better understanding he has which d other governors may not have as a SAN.
Furthermore if he had failed to do so, Gov Jang n his supporting governors would hv transfered the collective resources including the of funds (which no doubt run into millions ) of NGF to his secretariat n it would be too late to cry foul.
Thank God the NGF has a constitution. Let the Pro Jang group not feel jittery, they should proceed to the court n defend their victory if they are sure about d victory
Finally, on funding NLs should know dat as a SAN, BRF is buoyant enof to fund the case without using the resources of Lagos State n it is even likely that it is a pro bono from these colleagues . Any SAN, whether in Govt or not is a multi millionaire. Lawyers know this
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Ojotayo1(m): 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Jonah and Jang vs fashola and co...... PDP is known for causing confussion.... I'm not sure it will survive this preseent crack.... Pointing toward 2015
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by dolphinife: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2013
The only thing that pained me most is that bastard called mimiko soiling the prestigious reputation of ondo state and its people.
The man is busy running errand for oppositions despite the fact that he wasn't able to sight any industry in Ondo state for over four years.
That Mimiko is not an omoluabi at all, he's a thief and a coward.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by jkross(m): 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 1:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
gregg2:

My guy your epistle doesn't fly. Go to neighbouring Akwa Ibom to see first class infrastructure and development. Amaechi has not done anything spectacular especially when placed side by side with the huge billions of naira accruing to Rivers state.

FG and States are different entities. They have spelt out responsibilities. The scope of FG is much wider covering the 36 states while the very essence of splitting the country into various states is to bring governance closer to the people and touch people's lives more directly.

What exactly are the so called first class infrastructures in akwa ibom. Is their anything there beyond a few roads and flyover? What else is there really?

Tropicana is nothing but a money stealing scam and abandoned project after 75 billion naira, same goes for the stadium, the library is also a phony library they charge people to use even little school children.

Where are the first class hospitals, clinics, schools, universities, agriculture, security, transportation, skills and manpower development and more?

You people misuse the words world class maybe because of ignorance or just plain silliness.

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by PEREP: 1:44pm On Jun 02, 2013
Fola Aribilola: Thank you Governor Fashola

If this behaviour of Jonathan and Jang is not checked it will set a very dangerous precedent.

Jonathan will loose again in court!

I quiet agreed wt d above, some of NL just post comments wtout thinking, we need to be careful wt d Nigeria politics. It has become PDP tradition in stealing mandate we all know what happened in 2007 elections in Osun,ekiti & Edo states it was court dat decided d true winners in those states, hence Gov Fashola SAN has done what is wright( pro Ameachi has done well by not heating d politics). 2 d history is not far in 2012 january on oil subsidy- remember NGF were wt FG in policy making as a stakeholder on d issue. 3 during president Yar'adua demised av dey forgotten NGF were fully involved among other stakeholders. Finally just becos someone interest
Is at stake he decides to break NGF by supporting what is unjust. Fellow Nigerians & NL shine ur eyes n stand for what is fare, just n truth above all d rule of law. Am not a party card member or into politics but let d rule of law guide our doings for future generation so that everyone will be proud to be a Nigerian n also av a sense of belonging.
Do you agree NGF backed out when the fuel subsidy issue got to the centre stage even when they used the forum to mount pressure on the FG?
They called for a stop to the recent emergency rule because that is the stand of the opposition ACN (Lai Mohammed's statement after the emergency rule says it all.
The opposition wish to dictate the tune in the country and expect the ruling party to keep singing their praise
If PDP is the one using Fasola against ACN, do you think Tinubu and the party will simply give him a standing ovation? I am sure they will impeach him in less than 2 weeks.
All is not fully well in ACN Lagos State even. Do you know the state assembly in Lagos asked the Governor to stop the tolling on the new bridge constructed ? Ikuforiji/Fashola issue is a disaster in the waiting cos the latter believe Fashola invited EFCC to the aledged fraud in Lagos Assembly.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by AyeeIdris(f): 1:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man
olodo
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Symphony007: 1:48pm On Jun 02, 2013
gregg2:

FG and States are different entities. They have spelt out responsibilities. The scope of FG is much wider covering the 36 states while the very essence of splitting the country into various states is to bring governance closer to the people and touch people's lives more directly. Historically, Free Education has been a policy of Regional Governments or states as they are called now. Awolowo did it for his region as leader of that region. It did not come from the center.
don't you ever mention akwa ibom in the context of rivers state. Incase you missed it, federal government ranks rivers number one in education, kids are given virtuall everything they need, no state ever does that. No developmental agency can be compared with the RSSDA, go do your research! And you want to comapre port harcourt infastructure with uyo? Don't make me laugh. How big is uyo? Port harcourt is now streaching like lagos. Villages like rumuodumaya,rumigbo,eneka,rumuokoro, are now being intergrated into the city. Port harcourt is growing and will soon span as far as ahoada and onne and you ccompare it to uyo. What's uyo's population?

And you claim the FG's responsibility is span around 36 states so it effect can't be felt, ok. Jonathan just commisioned two dams to be built in the north to add 700 watts to electricity to the grid. Meanwhile in his home region of niger delta, the gas being flared can be fed to the grid and add more watts than that 700. But while his people die of gas poisoning and unemployment, he is building dams for the north. Does'nt that fall under his perogative? Don't get me started mister!

https://www.nairaland.com/1309678/jonathan-ameachi-real-niger-delta

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by JimIbanga: 1:53pm On Jun 02, 2013
bowee4u: Our leaders keep encouraging the military to take over, if 35 state executives cannot conduct a free and fair election between themselves, I wonder what 2015 will look like.
Pls, military should be kept of of this bc d worst civilian government is far more better than military rule.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
Symphony007: Nigeria can never be united! The tribalism in this country runs too deep! It's just madness!!on a trip I met a company driver in port harcourt and asked him his view on this ameachi-jonathan fued. And he said ameachi is a traitor to his region and that he should go. I then asked him. Which school his kids attend. He said it's the ameachi government schools and that he does'nt pay fees or buy books, uniform,sandals,lunch, all is provided by the state. One of his children was also born in one of the new ameachi free healthcare centers. He is starting a buisness soon with loan gotten from the RSSDA established by ameachi. He said all these and then i asked him what jonathan has done for him as a person or the niger delta as a whole, and he was speechless. Tribalism and utter stupidity!!! This country is and will never be united.

Very sad...
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by JimIbanga: 1:56pm On Jun 02, 2013
bowee4u: Our leaders keep encouraging the military to take over, if 35 state executives cannot conduct a free and fair election between themselves, I wonder what 2015 will look like.
Pls, military should be kept out of this bc d worst civilian government is far more better than military rule.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Symphony007: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
PEREP:
Do you agree NGF backed out when the fuel subsidy issue got to the centre stage even when they used the forum to mount pressure on the FG?
They called for a stop to the recent emergency rule because that is the stand of the opposition ACN (Lai Mohammed's statement after the emergency rule says it all.
The opposition wish to dictate the tune in the country and expect the ruling party to keep singing their praise
If PDP is the one using Fasola against ACN, do you think Tinubu and the party will simply give him a standing ovation? I am sure they will impeach him in less than 2 weeks.
All is not fully well in ACN Lagos State even. Do you know the state assembly in Lagos asked the Governor to stop the tolling on the new bridge constructed ? Ikuforiji/Fashola issue is a disaster in the waiting cos the latter believe Fashola invited EFCC to the aledged fraud in Lagos Assembly.

The lagos lawmakers did not ask to stop any toll collection, they only summoned state officials to ask questions. Get your facts straight.

BTW, what's all this got to do with the topic?
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by BabaTony: 2:11pm On Jun 02, 2013
Eko Ile:

What exactly are the so called first class infrastructures in akwa ibom. Is their anything there beyond a few roads and flyover? What else is there really

Tropicana is nothing but a money stealing scam and abandoned project after 75 billion naira, same goes for the stadium, the library is also a phony library they charge people to use even little school children.

Where are the first class hospitals, clinics, schools, universities, agriculture, security, transportation, skills and manpower development and more?

You people misuse the words world class maybe because of ignorance or just plain silliness.

Ajegunle pikin, are you still talking? Better wake up and a better life outside that slum. Travel and see how human beings ought to live. That slum of yours has really messed up your brains. I won't show you any pics until the day your meal (Tinubu and fash's a55holes) decide to give you transport fare.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by JimIbanga: 2:16pm On Jun 02, 2013
Why is it that Gov Ameachi has not convened a meeting since his re-election last week. This question is begging for answers.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by OoduaDefence: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
PapaBrowne: For these 3 reasons:

[size=14pt]Jonathan is the winner in all of these and Fashola's suit helps the President's intent even more.[/size]

1) All Jonathan wanted was the destruction of the unity of the NGF. He has gotten it on a platter of gold.
The NGF,an unconstitutional body has been used from the beginning as a tool to oppress the office of the President.
From OBJ kneeling down to beg Atiku to the delay in allowing Jonathan to act as President when Yar Adua was Sick to the blocking of the Sovereign Wealth Fund to the determining of Election calender, the Governors have used the united front of NGF to oppress the office of the Executive. All Jonathan wanted was to destroy that Unity and make them fight themselves. That way, they would no longer have power over the executive.

2)The NGF elections showed Amaechi as an opposition apologist.
It benefits Jonathan because PDP members who would have had sympathy for one of their own(Amaechi) would have a rethink when they see the way the opposition is pushing his case. I am still wondering why Amaechi is not willing to leave the PDP since the opposition is showing him so much love.

3)His Enemies have been exposed.
The division of the NGF has pretty clearly defined for Jonathan who is with him and who is against him amongst the Governors. My own personal opinion: State Corruption would be cut in half since those against the President would have to be more meticulous in thier utilization of funds allocated from Abuja as the EFCC would soon be opening offices in front of the Government house of each of his enemies. Thats good news to all of us.

[b]As usual you display your acute lack of intelligence.

With point 1 you unknowingly admitted that your boss Jonathan is a cheat who never plays fair.Your first "reason" clearly states that Jonathan wanted to use dubious tactics to destroy his opposition.

Your second reason also exposes the fact that you are one of those people who talk without eneging their brains first.By your own admission in your second reason ,your boss does not practice true democracy. If he was practicing true democracy he will not try to dictate who Ameachi can align with.

ROFLMAO,my GOD do you even read and comprehend what you write before you post Again by your own admission in your third reason,Nigerian Governors are all corrupt but the ones who are Jonathan bodies will be protected from prosecution as from henceforth as only the ones who voted against Jang will be prosecuted. grin

I am laughing so hard tear are coming out of my eyes.I mean how can you be so ....>anyways thanks for digging Jonathan's grave deeper.At least now that you have that agreed that he is indeed corrupt and dubious ,the rest of NL can see what type men you people really are.Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. grin[/b]

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Jossy07(m): 2:22pm On Jun 02, 2013
Shameless leaders called themself governors. Imagine only 35 morons can conduct election and bring out geniue winner.sorry 4 Nigeria.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by CyberG: 2:27pm On Jun 02, 2013
Fashola had done the RIGHTEST thing! This is the guy Nigeria should elect president! A real leader with foresight that dwarfs any other in current Nigeria with achievements unparalleled! If the retardeen who did nothing as governor and deputy and as VP and president, Fashola more than deserves it! For the first time, Nigeria will also be projected strongly on the international stage with his easily recognizable leadership skills and powerful oration and clarity of thought!

To those shouting distraction, no this CANNOT be a distraction! There are lawyers hired to handle the suit so it is not as though he will be the one going to defend the case in court in-person. Also, he is a lawyer himself and lawyers are multi-taskers who handle multiple cases in parallel rather than one at a time! And there is nothing better to test intelligent political leadership and multi-tasking than being the Governor of Lagos State with over 20 Million people!
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by otunba9ja: 2:32pm On Jun 02, 2013

BROS....JUST LISTEN TO URSELF.....
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 2:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
BabaTony:

Ajegunle pikin, are you still talking? Better wake up and a better life outside that slum. Travel and see how human beings ought to live. That slum of yours has really messed up your brains. I won't show you any pics until the day your meal (Tinubu and fash's a55holes) decide to give you transport fare.

I.was expecting you to list the so called world class infrastructures, not the usual diversions with insults.

Let me tell you illiteratess something, these states lists their projects on their websites and every awarded contract is on record so you can't pull some silly invisible world class rubbish out of your ass. There's a reason why you spewed insults instead of listing the world class projects, its because they don't exist.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by abokinside: 2:41pm On Jun 02, 2013
Symphony007: Nigeria can never be united! The tribalism in this country runs too deep! It's just madness!!on a trip I met a company driver in port harcourt and asked him his view on this ameachi-jonathan fued. And he said ameachi is a traitor to his region and that he should go. I then asked him. Which school his kids attend. He said it's the ameachi government schools and that he does'nt pay fees or buy books, uniform,sandals,lunch, all is provided by the state. One of his children was also born in one of the new ameachi free healthcare centers. He is starting a buisness soon with loan gotten from the RSSDA established by ameachi. He said all these and then i asked him what jonathan has done for him as a person or the niger delta as a whole, and he was speechless. Tribalism and utter stupidity!!! This country is and will never be united.
spot on!!! Pls sincerely and I mean what has President Jonathan done for Bayelsa state, apart from giving them Dickson as gov?
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2013
OoduaDefence:

[b]As usual you display your acute lack of intelligence.

With point 1 you unknowingly admitted that your boss Jonathan is a cheat who never plays fair.Your first "reason" clearly states that Jonathan wanted to use dubious tactics to destroy his opposition.

Your second reason also exposes the fact that you are one of those people who talk without eneging their brains first.By your own admission in your second reason ,your boss does not practice true democracy. If he was practicing true democracy he will not try to dictate who Ameachi can align with.

ROFLMAO,my GOD do you even read and comprehend what you write before you post Again by your own admission in your third reason,Nigerian Governors are all corrupt but the ones who are Jonathan bodies will be protected from prosecution as from henceforth as only the ones who voted against Jang will be prosecuted. grin

I am laughing so hard tear are coming out of my eyes.I mean how can you be so ....>anyways thanks for digging Jonathan's grave deeper.At least now that you have that agreed that he is indeed corrupt and dubious ,the rest of NL can see what type men you people really are.Talk about shooting oneself in the foot. grin[/b]

He's been injected with dullardmycine retardation drug. OMG! He made Jonathan sound like a scholar.

No wonder I don't take that joker seriously..
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by kalohkaloh: 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2013
Shadrach77 must be d greatest mumu ever! If someone says you are a woman and because you know you are a man, you ignore the wrong tag, the same person will arrange some men to come and propose marriage to you, by which time the shame will be unbearable! If Fashole does not go to court now, the lie of Jang will be repeated by friendly television stations like NTA and it will gradually assume a semblance of the truth! I support the court case Jo!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by kokoA(m): 3:03pm On Jun 02, 2013
shocked cry Blawd of gwad! Please we should mind what we post on NL, outsiders (non-nigerians) also visit this site. Let's not give them an oppourtunity to question the common sense of Nigerian adults.. The one wey pain me pass be say dis comment was actually 'liked' by another Nigerian adult. Smh.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by HolyTruth: 3:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Is this real?
Fashola of all people. Haba! Fashola don falla my hand big time!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Malami Speaks On Abia Governorship, Asks Parties To Await Decision Of Courts / 2019: Why Tinubu Shouldn’t Depend Heavily On Buhari / New Oil Well In Akwa Ibom Discovered By Oriental Energy Resources

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.