Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF (22375 Views)

APC, PDP Set To Clash Over Choice Of Fayose As NGF Deputy Chairman / NGF Crises Ends As Govs Adopt Amaechi As Winner Of 2013 Election / Obi’s Faction Of APGA Barred From Party’s National Secretariat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Delafruita(m): 7:15pm On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man
this is idiotic

2 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Delafruita(m): 7:17pm On Jun 02, 2013
musiwa26: the court will reject the video evident on the ground that it lack merit. you could not see the content of the paper,only a man voice who claim , amachie won. i did not see jang or amachie name written on the paper on that video. that is what the court will tell you.

the judge will ask fashola did you see jang or amachie name written on that video? that man counting could have given jang vote to amachie and amachie vote to jang. he was the only one, who saw the content of the paper. how could fashola verify .

Jang lawyers will claim amachie pick the man who was the only one who saw the contain of the paper.

fashola or amachie they made themself un electable in plateau state. i do not think it is a wise move.

the court will ask you, is this picture below for jang or amachie.

can you tell
were the ballot papers buried in the lagoon?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by oluwizard(m): 7:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
Give BRF 4yrs τ̅o rule Nigeria ɑ̤̥̈̊Ω̴̩̩̩̥d̶̲̥̅̊ he W̶̲̥̅̊iℓℓ Ƌǿ ΨђåƮ PDP can't Ƌǿ I̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊ 14yrs
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by bigcycs: 7:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
cheesy you gotta love Nigerians sad sad,,you simply gotta love em. smiley some very interesting, albeit warped logic been propagated up in this forum and it even gets 'liked' angry
grin at least there are still good men who will not keep quiet and allow evil,tyranny and indeed illegalities to go unchallenged.
its still a known fact that a lie told and propagated long enough begins to sound like truth,best to challenge it and nip it in the bud if possible.

as an independent observer with no prejudice to either the PDP/GEJ or the APC/BRF i"ll say kudos to you govt fash,its gentlemen like you that will ensure our democraccy survives this turbulent times grin
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by bashydemy(m): 7:59pm On Jun 02, 2013
blackboy: It is one Lagos and ohh Osun State Governor bringing the case. This case should be thrown out by the court. Waste of tax payers money and the courts time. Among themselves do they really need the court to decide? How many governors are truly behind Amaechi ? How many are truly behind Jang? Fashola just wants to show us how to always take issues to court but it's not all things that requires the court. Majority carries the vote.

What I saw on TV was an announcer who was being dictatated to by people around to make an anouncement. By How many !1 votes?!! He was visibly shaken and under duress? It was no doubt a rigged and shammed election.

Fashola you all are matured it is opposition governors against the PDP nominated governor. If the court calls all the governors to testify who they voted for 99% of the PDP governors will say Jang while 99% of the Opposition governors will say Amaechi.

There is still a lot of work that needs to be done in Lagos with the hundreds aof billions of Naira Lagos State generates daily Governor Fash. Trust me I was in Lagos and I know there has been improvements but Lagos can be a lot better when hundreds of millions of Naira is being collected from Lagos daily.

God bless my Lagos, God bless Nigeria
Am i the only one reading this nonsense? are you making sense at all? how all on earth will court e governors who they vote for. Well there is a video recorded and that alone is an evidence, thank God jang and his supporters are on seat that very day and the election was cast and count in there presence so where did you see anything like rigging in that election? i think you need a big knock on your head before you can think straight. because GEJ is behind jang and he lost then they think they can do anything they want? bro keep your finger cross and lets enjoy this movie.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by bashydemy(m): 8:10pm On Jun 02, 2013
Fadenitan: What are d motive and action of this opposition in dis NGF,d APC & fashola are just wasting their time and state resource on useless thing.APC and fashola should be very careful with their action & utterances.Nigerian are not fool and robot that they can deceive with their propaganda and political antics,it may have work in sw,this time around is another ball game.we are all wiser than before,this is Nigeria,PDP is in control and come 2015,PDP will win at federal level.Amaechi should leave PDP and join d opposition,thank God we discover early who is on our side and who are d enemy inside.Shame on fashola and co and opposition should go and rest till 2019.
You are a foool, sorry a big foool to sya say what is there motive in NGF, Are they not park of NGF, are they also not Governors in Nigeria? let me remind you its not PDPGF ok its Nigeria Governors Forum and every Governors have the right to choose who to lead them in that forum and they have done that by normal election so tell me if you are not stewpid how could you have ask such a stepid question is like asking a Nothern what is is looking for in Lagos as if he is not a Nigerian. clearnenter gutter jor
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by musiwa26: 8:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
the ballot paper are not acceptable evident in court because the ballot paper are just ordinary paper which could have been alter.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by bashydemy(m): 8:30pm On Jun 02, 2013
musiwa26: the court will reject the video evident on the ground that it lack merit. you could not see the content of the paper,only a man voice who claim , amachie won. i did not see jang or amachie name written on the paper on that video. that is what the court will tell you.

the judge will ask fashola did you see jang or amachie name written on that video? that man counting could have given jang vote to amachie and amachie vote to jang. he was the only one, who saw the content of the paper. how could fashola verify .

Jang lawyers will claim amachie pick the man who was the only one who saw the contain of the paper.

fashola or amachie they made themself un electable in plateau state. i do not think it is a wise move.

the court will ask you, is this picture below for jang or amachie.

can you tell
Musiwa you fall my hand big tine will this commect, I always think you wise and can think with your brain until now, Please dont tell me you are the one that type this comment or else i will kill myself instead of commiting suicide. Why on earth will the reject the video in the first place, While on earth will court say there is no Jang or Ameachi name on the papers, do you think the judge is stupidd? how could you say ameachi bought the guy that count the ballot papers when 35 governors are seat to cross check the papers Musiwa please edit this post i use God beg you
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by adetsim(m): 8:34pm On Jun 02, 2013
if 35 state executives cannot conduct a free and fair election between themselves, I wonder what 2015 will look like. [/quote

You're right as the hand writing of 2015 election is on the wall
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by bashydemy(m): 8:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
musiwa26: the ballot paper are not acceptable evident in court because the ballot paper are just ordinary paper which could have been alter.
Musiwa you again? i think we need to revisit the election that brought GEJ into power, the ballot papers are not acceptable either because they are just ordinary papers and could could have been utter from South Africa. hahahahha this thread need to be taking to joke section i swear.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by adetsim(m): 8:40pm On Jun 02, 2013
fyneguy:

Fashola's action is the least he could do to promote democracy. Don't look at it from the angle of the governor's forum relevance but the bad precedence this seeks to lay which could be re-enacted in other important matters. We should spare no resources to checkmate anti-democratic forces and their machinations.

Thanks so much for this intelligent reasoning. May God increase your wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by addicted268(f): 8:45pm On Jun 02, 2013
Fashola..right on track!
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Hearme(m): 9:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
The NGF is so powerful that it was able to break the strength of OBJ.
OBJ to me has another plan different from Yar Adua. It was when this forum
saw how Ribadu was indicting all of them that they took a stand that the next
president must be from the NGF and suddenly several PDP governors came out to contest.
Since the state owns the delegates and the governors some how owns the delegates, OBJ had to go for
someone they did not expect who even did not come out to campaign to break there plans.

I remember one of the words of Ibori was that, they agreed that a governor must be the next president
and whosoever becomes the president will not probe any of them. Even as innocent as Yaradua looks he respected the agreement by releasing Alamesigha and in a very un-freindly way threw Ribadu out of office.
Several suits on all this Governors became thrown out of the court and not one of the ex-governors is still been jailed today aside Ibori who is in jail in the UK.

I agree with those who believe GEJ wants to divide the forum. This is because if Amaechi remains the chairman, he can as well influence the governors and the delegates from there states to vote out GEJ during PDP primaries. I also want to give KUDOS to FASHOLA who is playing is part as a learned person to cleanse himself and show to Nigerians and the International community that we are not all MAD in Nigeria. Its a big disgrace to our governors who can not conduct a free and fair election. Somehow I think the presidency is enjoying the video game. But I believe the court will intervene appropriately.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
shadrach77: This is funny. If the Jang faction is not the authentic version, why are they suing it? Suing it indicates they (Amaechi and co) are acknowledging that the Jang faction is the authentic faction. I'm a man and somebody says I'm a woman. Why should I sue the person who says I'm not a woman if I know for sure that I'm a man

How on earth did I get to share the same forum with this person that wrote this?

Am certain that this is the worst comment ever on NL...

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Miliky231(m): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2013
What a way of wasting Time.Fashola,concentrate on your BRT Program & be Reasonable!!!
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by yemivictor: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2013

This is the dumbest post of the day 02/06/2013 on Nairaland.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by EkoIle1: 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2013
Miliky231: What a way of wasting Time.Fashola,concentrate on your BRT Program & be Reasonable!!!

What's this action got to do with brt? This one go stop brt from running ni?.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by abrat: 10:13pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Yorubaman40: 10:20pm On Jun 02, 2013
ballabriggs: All these talk about the NGF being 'unconstitutional' is totally stupid. The constitution guarantees the freedom of association and nobody can take this right away from us.

If the Governors deem it fit to exercise this right by way of the NGF, nobody has a right to stop them from doing this. And this is what they want. They want to have a hold of their forum where they can share knowledge and information; and not have one drunk man from Aso Villa determine how they choose to associate.

Good move Raji Fashola.
It is d same freedom of association that Jangs faction is relying on. Must Jang and others be forced to be under Ameachi if they dont want him. Why cant Ameachi call his own meeting with his faction and pursue whatever agenda that they have ? Must d court force people to belong to a faction against their wills ?
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by waleadex(m): 10:25pm On Jun 02, 2013
Hearme: The NGF is so powerful that it was able to break the strength of OBJ.
OBJ to me has another plan different from Yar Adua. It was when this forum
saw how Ribadu was indicting all of them that they took a stand that the next
president must be from the NGF and suddenly several PDP governors came out to contest.
Since the state owns the delegates and the governors some how owns the delegates, OBJ had to go for
someone they did not expect who even did not come out to campaign to break there plans.

I remember one of the words of Ibori was that, they agreed that a governor must be the next president
and whosoever becomes the president will not probe any of them. Even as innocent as Yaradua looks he respected the agreement by releasing Alamesigha and in a very un-freindly way threw Ribadu out of office.
Several suits on all this Governors became thrown out of the court and not one of the ex-governors is still been jailed today aside Ibori who is in jail in the UK.

I agree with those who believe GEJ wants to divide the forum. This is because if Amaechi remains the chairman, he can as well influence the governors and the delegates from there states to vote out GEJ during PDP primaries. I also want to give KUDOS to FASHOLA who is playing is part as a learned person to cleanse himself and show to Nigerians and the International community that we are not all MAD in Nigeria. Its a big disgrace to our governors who can not conduct a free and fair election. Somehow I think the presidency is enjoying the video game. But I believe the court will intervene appropriately.
Well read and digested...very sensible write-up...
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Eziachi: 10:26pm On Jun 02, 2013
Yorubaman40:
It is d same freedom of association that Jangs faction is relying on. Must Jang and others be forced to be under Ameachi if they dont want him. Why cant Ameachi call his own meeting with his faction and pursue whatever agenda that they have ? Must d court force people to belong to faction association against their wills ?
Court can force Jang to stop parading himself as the Chairman of the Nigerian governors forum. Ofcourse he has the right to form alternative association if he chooses but not the one he contested and lost its election. That I believe is the issue the likes of Fashola was pursuing.
Honestly I am so disappointed with those surrounding Jonathan as advisers, this kind of thing would never have happened under OBJ, for him not to have planned well in advance on how to beat Amaechi if this position is so important to him for one of his loyalist to occupy.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by babyhrt(m): 10:35pm On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy:

Yes the NGF has no jurisdiction, but if Jonathan and his cohorts decide to use the forum as a new frontier to display their dictatorial tendencies it is important for all men of goodwill to rise up and say, "NO, Not this time!".

It is Amaechi today, it can be Fashola or someone else tomorrow. That is why Fashola is on point reminding the Presidency and their lapdogs that we are supposed to be a Nation of laws!Amaechi dat refused to step down as chairman b4 contestin is nt a dictatorial tendency abi.Amaechi,APC n PDP r all dsame.

PDP can open another forum and call it whatever they like. But the chairman of NGF is Amaechi and the court will establish that fact very soon.

Grown up men can not take part in an electoral process and then turn around to question whether the election itself should have happened after they lost! Thats moving the goal post!
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by babyhrt(m): 10:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
[quote author=PapaBrowne]For these 3 reasons:

[size=14pt]Jonathan is the winner in all of these and Fashola's suit helps the President's intent even more.[/size]

1) All Jonathan wanted was the destruction of the unity of the NGF. He has gotten it on a platter of gold.
The NGF,an unconstitutional body has been used from the beginning as a tool to oppress the office of the President.
From OBJ kneeling down to beg Atiku to the delay in allowing Jonathan to act as President when Yar Adua was Sick to the blocking of the Sovereign Wealth Fund to the determining of Election calender, the Governors have used the united front of NGF to oppress the office of the Executive. All Jonathan wanted was to destroy that Unity and make them fight themselves. That way, they would no longer have power over the executive.

2)The NGF elections showed Amaechi as an opposition apologist.
It benefits Jonathan because PDP members who would have had sympathy for one of their own(Amaechi) would have a rethink when they see the way the opposition is pushing his case. I am still wondering why Amaechi is not willing to leave the PDP since the opposition is showing him so much love.

3)His Enemies have been exposed.
The division of the NGF has pretty clearly defined for Jonathan who is with him and who is against him amongst the Governors. My own personal opinion: State Corruption would be cut in half since those against the President would have to be more meticulous in thier utilization of funds allocated from Abuja as the EFCC would soon be opening offices in front of the Government house of each of his enemies. Thats good news to all of us.well said,Jonathern may nt actualy b clueless as d opposition hav made us to bliv
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Eziachi: 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2013
babyhrt:
Jonathan is the winner in all of these and Fashola's suit helps the President's intent even more.

So in your opinion if he is to lose the support of the likes of Babangida Aliyu, Lamido he used last time to defeat Atiku inside PDP and Buhari in the election proper over this meaningless issue, he is still the winner? I don't so.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by lekanwj(m): 10:58pm On Jun 02, 2013
mikeansy: Thank you Governor Fashola

If this behaviour of Jonathan and Jang is not checked it will set a very dangerous precedent.

Jonathan will loose again in court!
He will loose for ever.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by moodswing(m): 11:24pm On Jun 02, 2013
Never knew Fashola has finally joined the "errant" boys.

I like Tinubu, he will never insult nor openly criticize the president, the duty is delegated to his stupiid deputies. He can only attack PDP as a party. Then instigate Fashola and other of his boys to keep talking rubbish and causing confusion.

Before the election, he will be the only one to negotiate and collect the settlement money. Lie Mohammed, Fashola and others would have only made their master rich. And GEJ gets to keep the throne.

This whole politic eish is like a game of chess and a broadway movie.

You all are the pawns and audience.

Shut the Bleep up and go get money. Nairalander politicians.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by shinealight(m): 11:50pm On Jun 02, 2013
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by gtimedcityboy(m): 12:28am On Jun 03, 2013
Maybe It will be worst than what we are seeing now.
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:33am On Jun 03, 2013
moodswing: Never knew Fashola has finally joined the "errant" boys.

I like Tinubu, he will never insult nor openly criticize the president, the duty is delegated to his stupiid deputies. He can only attack PDP as a party. Then instigate Fashola and other of his boys to keep talking rubbish and causing confusion.

Before the election, he will be the only one to negotiate and collect the settlement money. Lie Mohammed, Fashola and others would have only made their master rich. And GEJ gets to keep the throne.

This whole politic eish is like a game of chess and a broadway movie.

You all are the pawns and audience.

Shut the Bleep up and go get money. Nairalander politicians.

when Tinubu criticised Jonathan on State of Emergency where was u?
Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Nobody: 12:52am On Jun 03, 2013
babyhrt: Amaechi dat refused to step down as chairman b4 contestin is nt a dictatorial tendency abi.Amaechi,APC n PDP r all dsame.

Please let to quote correctly!

BTW when Jonathan ran for re-election in 2011 he did not step down, neither did any of the Governors. the usual practice in naija is for incumbents seeking re-election to do so while running the office.

Amaechi did not do anything new!

1 Like

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by Akainzo(m): 1:13am On Jun 03, 2013
gregg2:

My guy your epistle doesn't fly. Go to neighbouring Akwa Ibom to see first class infrastructure and development. Amaechi has not done anything spectacular especially when placed side by side with the huge billions of naira accruing to Rivers state.

FG and States are different entities. They have spelt out responsibilities. The scope of FG is much wider covering the 36 states while the very essence of splitting the country into various states is to bring governance closer to the people and touch people's lives more directly. Historically, Free Education has been a policy of Regional Governments or states as they are called now. Awolowo did it for his region as leader of that region. It did not come from the center. There is nothing new about renovating schools and offering free education. Akpabio is doing even more in that regard.

The guy listed the positive things Amaechi had done to impact that driver's life, and you counter by siting Akpabio's infrastructure! Why not list also the ways Akpabio had impacted any driver's life in Akwa Ibom.

Making sweeping general statements is used to mask failure. Somebody said his son got 6 As and 3 credits in WAEC and you replied that it is nothing to be celebrated since you know a neighbors child that performed "brilliantly". Bros, shame no dey catch you for this your type of thinking?

3 Likes

Re: Fashola Sues Jang Faction Of NGF by DuduNegro: 1:58am On Jun 03, 2013
We need to be very careful in this country in the manner and quickness with which every aspect of our living is recklessly being deferred to consitutional statues.

An issue such as this does not warrant legal action or constitutional consultation. ARE THERE NO ELDERS LEFT IN NIGERIA TO CALL THESE 36 EXECUTIVES TOGETHER AND MEDIATE TO RESOLVE THEIR DIFFERENCES?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Army Set To Establish Brigade At Sambisa Forest- Punch / Senate To Buhari’s SGF, Lawal: You Must go / Ondo Militants Surrender Their Weapons To Akeredolu (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.