Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,521 members, 7,816,277 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage (2130 Views)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / My GF Never Allow Me Ooo, Plz What Shud I Do / 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by chaloner(m): 7:43pm On Jun 02, 2013
For most people, getting married is a forever kind of thing. No one ever vows “’till death do us part” with the intention of only being together for a short while. But the reality is, sometimes life intrudes and things happen and 50 percent of marriages end in divorce.

We read a lot about dating dealbreakers and reasons a person might break up with a boyfriend, but there are very few marriage dealbreakers. After all, one person might be willing to put up with something that had caused another person to leave months before. Debt is one of those things. But there are others, too.

Here are 7 marriage dealbreakers that have caused many a divorce for all the right reasons:

Drinking: There is drinking and then there is DRINKING. Having spent a fair amount of my early adulthood with a man who drank too much, I know what it’s like to watch one beer turn into eight and not know when he was going to stop. I know what it’s like to constantly hear he’s done drinking only to watch him get drunk again that night. At a certain point, I would never blame anyone for throwing in the towel on this kind of marriage.

Smoking: Cigarettes may be a compromise, though honestly, I can’t imagine wanting to kiss someone who smelled like butts. But there are other things that people smoke and pot heads don’t always make the best hubbies. What was cute at 21 isn’t so adorable at 35.

Gambling: This is an addiction like any other. If a person doesn’t want to get help, then sometimes it may be best to end it before debt, fighting, and financial ruin take it down anyway.

Overspending: This is a big one. No one wants to be with someone who can’t stop shopping. Finances are the number one cause of divorce for many people and who can blame them? His credit could ruin yours.

Cheating More Than Once: This one is obvious. Maybe it could be forgiven in certain circumstances, but not more than once.

Abuse: This one is obvious too, but a lot of people miss it. If he hits you one time, leave. Period. End of story. No man should ever hit a woman. Of course, physical abuse isn’t the only kind of abuse, but people in love typically don’t abuse one another. If they do, it’s not love.

Unwillingness to Work on Things: The reality is, most of these things CAN be fixed, assuming both sides admit there is a problem. Barring that, marriages will fail. There has to be a willingness to work on what needs to be worked on.

http://www.weyab.com/2013/05/7-things-you-should-never-allow-in-your.html

Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by SLIDEwaxie(m): 10:08pm On Jun 02, 2013
What abt 'gossiping', cheating, lying, being selfish, boring etc?

U think u can jes post some rubbish and pass them into law as facts? 7things ko, 42things ni!
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by chaloner(m): 11:04pm On Jun 02, 2013
SLIDE waxie: What abt 'gossiping', cheating, lying, being selfish, boring etc?

U think u can jes post some rubbish and pass them into law as facts? 7things ko, 42things ni!
hahah lol not law my brother, but your statement im sure you are not upto 18years , so no need telling you more. thanks
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Chnges(m): 11:12pm On Jun 02, 2013
( Farts) Jeeeez undecided
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Princesszoe: 3:37am On Jun 03, 2013
"if he beats you once, go". But "if he cheats you once, stay". No. I guess this is human understanding and it will continue to pervert and conflict with the word of God. Coming to bible intepretation, "if he cheats you once, go" , "if he beats you once, stay" . If beating exceeds once, call the man of God to help interfer by telling you what to do with the help of the holy spirit. It is only adultery, whether once or half, that should make you divorce and not the other way round. However you can still forgive willfully if you think and believe you can manage the situation properly.
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Nobody: 4:35am On Jun 03, 2013
Good one.
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Excel30: 9:44am On Jun 03, 2013
How do u deal with a chronic lier&a smoker.The best option is to end the relationship offcourse.
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Mynd44: 3:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Smh
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by angelTI(f): 3:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
ok. I av heard
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by HURUCHI(m): 3:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
yawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Mynd44: 3:22pm On Jun 03, 2013
HURUCHI: yawwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
You can do that again
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by HURUCHI(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
You can do that again

am still yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by Mynd44: 3:34pm On Jun 03, 2013
HURUCHI:

am still yyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
May I prescribe close up? It works wonders
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by HURUCHI(m): 3:35pm On Jun 03, 2013
Mynd_44:
May I prescribe close up? It works wonders

wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:26pm On Jun 03, 2013
chaloner:
hahah lol not law my brother, but your statement im sure you are not upto 18years , so no need telling you more. thanks
u jes check ma profile before u rant carelessly!
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by chaloner(m): 8:13pm On Jun 03, 2013
SLIDE waxie: u jes check ma profile before u rant carelessly!
by their fruit we shall know them
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by SLIDEwaxie(m): 4:56pm On Jun 04, 2013
chaloner:
by their fruit we shall know them
jes wen i tot jonathan was the 'daftest'!
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by WorldwarIII: 12:08am On Jun 05, 2013
Utter rubbish post! Smoking, drinking etc Op, ever heard abt one man's meat .....?
Have a rethink!
Re: 7 Things You Should NEVER Allow In Your Marriage by SisiAfriQue: 3:34pm On Feb 18, 2015

(1) (Reply)

My Friend Is Lodging With His Girlfriend In My House / How Do I End My Pains / Her Buttox Is Shrinking!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.