Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,872 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? (36209 Views)

Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Ladies, Would You Allow Your Friend Date Your 21yrs Son? / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:14pm On Oct 02, 2015
I don't know why most people do not seem to approve of a relationship between their best friend and their sister/brother.

Even my roommate swore that he'll never allow it.
Is it wrong? if yes, why?

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by donweasley(m): 5:16pm On Oct 02, 2015
F.t.c, i dedicate this to other nairalanders still trying. D truth is dat i wunt allow it.

7 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by opuambe(m): 5:17pm On Oct 02, 2015
Haaaaas
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:19pm On Oct 02, 2015
opuambe:
Haaaaas
is that your name? comment @topic joor

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by sinaj(f): 5:21pm On Oct 02, 2015
Uhm

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 02, 2015
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.

185 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:
Your best friend is probably that one person that knows almost everything about you, including your relationship history, depending on how long you've known them. So if they disapprove of a relationship between you & their sibling it could mean two things 1)they think you're scum & not good enough for their sister 2) they don't wanna have to pick sides should things not work out between you two.
you literally nailed itsmiley

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by naijaboiy: 5:24pm On Oct 02, 2015
NO! undecided

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:25pm On Oct 02, 2015
naijaboiy:
NO! undecided
why
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Oct 02, 2015
quiinnBee:

you literally nailed itsmiley

*air humps*

Yeah, I like to nail things wink grin

6 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by naijaboiy: 5:28pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
why
I won't be comfortable with it.

There may be some relationship problems that would require me stepping in simply because my sister is involved and I wouldn't want that.

So I can't agree.

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:
but if you think your friend is so bad for your sister/brother, then why is he/she your friend?

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:

*air humps*
Yeah, I like to nail things wink grin
grincheesy
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

I won't be comfortable with it.

There may be some relationship problems that would require me stepping in simply because my sister is involved and I wouldn't want that.

So I can't agree.
Good reason, but think about the positives. you kno your friend very well and unless you hav a bad friend, shouldnt you be more comfortable wit givin your sis 2 somone u kno?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
but if you think your friend is so bad for your sister/brother, then why is he/she your friend?

Because I don't have to date them & deal with all their cuntery. Point blank, some people make better friends than lovers.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Olomubj: 5:36pm On Oct 02, 2015
Why not,if my best friend is a nice,calm and who is not flet someone ...i can remember very wel date back a friend of my gave me his younger sister to date then but fortunately distance separate us

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by kiddkash(m): 5:37pm On Oct 02, 2015
probably not but it's none of my business

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:38pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Because I don't have to date them & deal with all their cuntery. Point blank, some people make better friends than lovers.
hmmmm, ok. but it doesnt apply 2 everyone, does it?

2 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by dharay99: 5:43pm On Oct 02, 2015
hell naah.
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
hmmmm, ok. but it doesnt apply 2 everyone, does it?

Of course not. But still, I know too much about them to ever be comfortable with them dating anyone in my family. Just imagine if at one point they dated two people at once or whatever scandalous things they've done in the past. You may not judge them too much as a friend but the script flips the moment a family member comes into the picture. Call it shift of loyalty or whatever.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 02, 2015
Nah I won't. it's against My rules. Ama warn him sternly to keep off from her.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by naijaboiy: 5:48pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
Good reason, but think about the positives. you kno your friend very well and unless you hav a bad friend, shouldnt you be more comfortable wit givin your sis 2 somone u kno?
i'm not even talking about my friend being bad. I've got good friends whom I know can be good boyfriends to my sister,but problems in relationships are inevitable and I don't want a situation where my sister will not be able to eat or sleep because of my friend.

On the other hand though my friends are not on the same level with my sister. She's way too old for any of them to consider dating her. Or should I say they are way younger. grin

They can only crush from afar... cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 02, 2015
#Make VICTOR date ma sis?person wey dey tear oloshoS anyhow even on sundays# Nno !

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:53pm On Oct 02, 2015
Olomubj:
Why not,if my best friend is a nice,calm and who is not flet someone ...i can remember very wel date back a friend of my gave me his younger sister to date then but fortunately distance separate us
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:54pm On Oct 02, 2015
dharay99:
hell naah.
oga because of why?
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:57pm On Oct 02, 2015
naijaboiy:

i'm not even talking about my friend being bad. I've got good friends whom I know can be good boyfriends to my sister,but problems in relationships are inevitable and I don't want a situation where my sister will not be able to eat or sleep because of my friend.

On the other hand though my friends are not on the same level with my sister. She's way too old for any of them to consider dating her. Or should I say they are way younger. grin

They can only crush from afar... cheesy
lol
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 5:59pm On Oct 02, 2015
PunkyVeer:

Of course not. But still, I know too much about them to ever be comfortable with them dating anyone in my family. Just imagine if at one point they dated two people at once or whatever scandalous things they've done in the past. You may not judge them too much as a friend but the script flips the moment a family member comes into the picture. Call it shift of loyalty or whatever.
yea, i agree. but what if he's clean?
Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by greatwaters: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
WeedSeller:
#Make VICTOR date ma sis?person wey dey tear oloshoS anyhow even on sundays# Nno !
chai, your own na different case. topic doesnt apply to you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by dharay99: 6:01pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
oga because of why?
70% of guys nwadayz are like Mario,
& mah bestfrnd.? daaaymn dah† niqqur
is more like messi "a player.!"

No no no....

3 Likes

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2015
It's not my business na in as much they don't see me as a bridge.

1 Like

Re: Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Oct 02, 2015
greatwaters:
yea, i agree. but what if he's clean?

If s/he's good to go, then I won't object. That's my crew after all. My only concern is when their relationship ends. I'll be forced to be in the middle, I feel.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Hate About Your Current Relationship? / See What Popular Comedian Bovi Had To Say (pics) / Nigerian To '16 & Wild' South African Girl "Leave Wild Things For Adults"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.