Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,823 members, 7,810,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:12 PM

Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? (797 Views)

Ajimobi Vows To Deal With Ladoja If He Misbehaves / No / Who Is Barack Obama? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by outlaws(m): 8:06am On May 01, 2008
cool

Some Blacks are wondering if Barack Obama is going to deal with issues that matter most to them or is he going to go along with what ever that is set up in the white house.

One issue I think he needs to deal with is reparation for slavery. If he can't pass a law that will require the U.S. to pay Blacks then I don't know if I can vote for him. Reparation is my top list, not economy, health care, gas, nothing just that.

I am sure if Minister Louis Farrakhan was elected president, he would have this reparation thing done with in no time. I haven't heard Obama talk about reparation.

So is Barack Obama black enough?
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Kobojunkie: 8:14am On May 01, 2008
The best way to ask this question is to first establish what these "issues that matter" to these blacks are. People in the black community are seriously divided on what exactly is the problem in the black community. Ask Bill Cosby and Al Sharpton and you will get to understand that just cause he plays on the side of one group of blacks does not mean he is actually playing to the tune of the other group. So the question is not really how black he is but how "ON MY SIDE" he is.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Nobody: 10:57am On May 01, 2008
@outlaw

What happens after reparation . . . . . . most lazy AA will suddenly wake up and stop being lazy?
The racism meted on blacks will disappear?
Blacks will start going to school?
Black teenage pregnancy will reduce?
AA dudes will stop their violent crimes?
Or more bitterness between whites and blacks?

@topic

If advocating for reparation to African Americans is what makes someone black enough, then I'm afraid that 98% of "fake" blacks which i and Obama fall into will always disagree with you.

Furthermore, Obama has made it clear where these race crap starts and where it stops for him.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Sisikill: 12:55pm On May 01, 2008
What is the appropriate shade of Black and What criterias does one meet to be Black enough?
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by bawomolo(m): 1:49pm On May 01, 2008
he is running for the president of america and not the president of black america
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by McKren(m): 2:57pm On May 01, 2008
I think he has largely explained his opinnion on black issues in his race speech.

No more room for affirmative action, there will be equal resources available to all races so too will there be equal opportunities and open competition amongst kids of all races, at least that is Obama's vission of America.

If you are hoping for a Black President who will pay slavery benefits, I think you might have to wait for another 1million years.

The idea to me will even be condescending to blacks
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by BigB11(m): 3:58pm On May 01, 2008
No more room for affirmative action, there will be equal resources available to all races so too will there be equal opportunities and open competition amongst kids of all races, at least that is Obama's vission of America.

I have confidence that Barack will handle race or black issues effectively and intelligently with absolutely no questions. The man is not only well informed, he's also full of priceless wisdom, which is of course very scarce today among various leaders.

slavery benefits

I will also say that, let us be prudent with our statement; I clearly do not think any of us is in a position to support or to go against Slavery Benefits.
It is absolutely impracticable for a man to accurately describe what women go through during the birth of a child.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by McKren(m): 4:04pm On May 01, 2008
BigB1

One issue I think he needs to deal with is reparation for slavery. If he can't pass a law that will require the US. to pay Blacks

That was what I meant by slavery benefits

There is nothing wrong supporting a nursing or pregnant mother. But the idea that a law should be passed so that blacks in America will be payed some money because they are black or because their forefathers were slaves is what am concerned about.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by BigB11(m): 4:21pm On May 01, 2008
I clearly understand your point, but I still think that none of us is in a position to accurately call that shot.
I'm not for it and I'm also not against it, basically because my forefathers weren't slaves.
I think it would be insensible for me to make that determination regardless of what these folks (African Americans) may be going through.

Just curious; why do you think blacks do not deserve any special treatments for being slaves for many years in America?

There is nothing wrong supporting a nursing or pregnant mother.

Absolutely, there is nothing wrong with it, but still it doesn't place you in a position to be able to accurately describe what women go through during this process (only if you happen to be an hermaphrodite).

But the idea that a law should be passed so that blacks in America will be payed some money because they are black or because their forefathers were slaves is what am concerned about

It doesn't have to be money, it could be a simple apology.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by tpia: 5:04pm On May 01, 2008
the issue of blackness has to do with the degree of assimilation into the mainstream Black society.

or to what level a person can identify with the American [racial] experience.

That was an issue at first, but now it doesnt matter so much, since Blacks irrespective of nationality, are voting for him in droves.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On May 01, 2008
tpia:

the issue of blackness has to do with the degree of assimilation into the mainstream Black society.

or to what level a person can identify with the American [racial] experience.

That was an issue at first, but now it doesnt matter so much, since Blacks irrespective of nationality, are voting for him in droves.

Which is the mainstream black society??
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by 4Play(m): 5:15pm On May 01, 2008
The Irish were enslaved and proportionally,they suffered from bigger pogroms than black people,maybe they too should be compensated.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by PapaBrowne(m): 5:37pm On May 01, 2008
Reparation? Thats too backward nooow.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by outlaws(m): 7:39am On May 02, 2008
cool

Apology is not enough. Do you know how many billions if not trillions of dollars slaves made for White people? They received nothing in pay. If you are not black enough you probably shouldn't be on this thread, you should find a thread that is at your level of understanding.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Kobojunkie: 7:42am On May 02, 2008
outlaws:

cool

Apology is not enough. Do you know how many billions if not trillions of dollars slaves made for White people? They received nothing in pay. If you are not black enough you probably shouldn't be on this thread, you should find a thread that is at your level of understanding.

Compared to how many billions and trillions of dollars slaves made for their own black people who sold them over a period of hundreds of years to caucasians, Asians and the rest of the world?? You mean compared to your ancestors who benefitted from selling their own brothers and sisters to get rich quick and also to bolster their stand in society?? Compared to the money the many child slaves we have in africa today make for their masters each year for years now??

I mean let us not be hypocrites here. Africa owes them reparations as well for all the money we gained by selling them all off and using them to build our different empires for hundreds of years as well.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by outlaws(m): 7:54am On May 02, 2008
cool

Kobojunkie when will you stop being a bitch? Stupid bitch.
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Kobojunkie: 7:56am On May 02, 2008
yep, insulting me means you have won the debate, WOOHOO!!!! Break out the champagne for Outlaw~!!!!! folks!
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by BigB11(m): 2:25pm On May 02, 2008
Compared to how many billions and trillions of dollars slaves made for their own black people who sold them over a period of hundreds of years to caucasians, Asians and the rest of the world?? You mean compared to your ancestors who benefitted from selling their own brothers and sisters to get rich quick and also to bolster their stand in society?? Compared to the money the many child slaves we have in africa today make for their masters each year for years now??

I mean let us not be hypocrites here. Africa owes them reparations as well for all the money we gained by selling them all off and using them to build our different empires for hundreds of years as well.

I honestly feel that folks just come here freely to display their level of mental torpidness just for the sake of mighty free forum and their possession of an ignorant witless mind.

What a pot head!
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by Kobojunkie: 4:04pm On May 02, 2008
lmao!!!
Re: Is Barack Obama Black Enough To Deal With Black Issues? by JayFK(m): 7:51pm On May 02, 2008
it still amazes me that people think "Black" is a mentality.

Kobojunkie:

QFT

(1) (Reply)

The Next Big Killer / The VP,a Weakling? / Long Live Obama!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.