Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,527 members, 7,819,897 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members (31099 Views)

Drama As Buhari Faults Auditor-general On Lake Chad Report-vanguard / Buhari Explains Why He Missed A Meeting On Boko Haram At The UN / Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by klax(m): 1:27pm On Jun 03, 2013
Billyonaire: I am sure Tinubu is re-thinking his decision to align with this man, if Buhari emerges as APC candidate, then Tinubu has just voluntarily prepared his table before the council of the scoundrels.

Bro I bet you Tinubu has just want to deliberately jump to the Den of Lion and i'm sure no angel would be so less busy to rescue him if he carry on with Buhari. I said over and over that this man called Buhari I knew in person he is one way man who is silent master of "Do It or Die Not doing it" He has nothing to offer to this country than to make this country a full time registered memeber of the world "Satanic Axis"(Islamic Nations) there put the entire country into new era Idi Amin style of ruling by "power by fire" and He has it upon his satanic pretending skul to be president for life because he belief he is the only saint in the Land called Nigeria to him everybody are bad, everybody are corrupt it would be the biggest mistake in the history of Nigeria if Buhari become the president. He love Boko Haram, he breed them, he as a matter of fact support them and even financed them am very sure because he started it all. Old fool silly Geberal who deos not know General meant in the Army.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by mazinaija: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2013
Prof Corruption:

True. You can accuse Buhari of "convenient omission" but there was nothing in the interview per say that coueld be called a lie.
Ewu

1 Like

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 1:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Funny how nobody else seemed to have heard the radio interview, the decitful journalist referred to.

40 Laptops, I see you are all working hard

More videos of interview and no evidence of any support for Boko Haram.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MnIjYfPDSw
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nduson20: 1:59pm On Jun 03, 2013
ITS BECOMING OBVIOUS ON DAILY BASIS THAT BUHARI CAN NEVER AND WILL NEVER RULE NIGERIA AGAIN. HE IS THE DULLEST MAN ON EARTH AS FAR AS REASONING IS CONCERN.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by TechyGuy: 2:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Even Nairaland GenBuhari is confused about the real Buhari.

Sorry oh!
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You can tell this crap to the illiterates on NL.To me,there is only one definition for terrorrism and both ND militants and Boko Haram have exhibited such traits.Hiding under bullshiit to justify one terror against another is hypocrisy !

Any group that instigates wide civil disturbance/disobedience,races arms against the state,conduct violence of any kind directed at non-combatant targets to achieve a political objective or coerce the government into doing its biddings is a terrorist organization.

Tufiakwa!!
Chukwu aju
Nna, si kwa na o bughi gi. Onye ekwensu ji akwa ngwa oru ekwubeghidi udiri ihe a.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by alolatee(m): 2:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
~Bluetooth:

You can tell this crap to the illiterates on NL.To me,there is only one definition for terrorrism and both ND militants and Boko Haram have exhibited such traits.Hiding under bullshiit to justify one terror against another is hypocrisy !
Bro i gbadun you.i wrote a piece on this titled what morals is in taking arms against the state?i agree 100 percent with you every religion preaches peace.at least i am sure of christianity.whosoever or whatever teaches anyone to take arms agaist the state is terrorist/terrorism in disguse.Nigeer delta militancy and Boko Haram are both societal ills just like prostitution,murder or genocide.
Any group that instigates wide civil disturbance/disobedience,races arms against the state,conduct violence of any kind directed at non-combatant targets to achieve a political objective or coerce the government into doing its biddings is a terrorist organization.

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Henry22(m): 2:19pm On Jun 03, 2013
MR. BUHAHA SO YOU WHERE TRAINING THOSE BOYS HOPING TO USE THEM TO RIG ELECTION COME 2015? SORRY O COS MY UNCLE JONAH IS ALWAYS TWO STEPS AHEAD OF YOU grin grin grin grin grin I HAVE ONE ADVICE FOR YOU, I NOT GO AND NATIONALISE IN NIGER REPOBLIC MAY BE YOUR DREAM MIGHT JUST COME TRU grin grin grin ANU OFIA....
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by texaco1: 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
TechyGuy: Even Nairaland GenBuhari is confused about the real Buhari.

Sorry oh!
buhari is already campaigning against himself,i think gej juju is working on him oo
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Henry22(m): 2:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
EWU grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by jerusalem101: 2:25pm On Jun 03, 2013
This statement by Gen Buhari reminds me of the statement of former NSA,Gen AZazzi, who said categorically that everything about Boko Haram resolves around Gen Buhari. Am so disappointed, and it still baffling that Buhari has fail to understand that He can only become President of the North with such outrageous display of sentiment. It is also obvious that he's just after being the President of Nigeria but doesn't have the interest of the Country at heart.
Buhari has never condemned the activities of Boko haram,he has never proffers solution(s) to the problem facing the Country as an elder state man and Rtd Gen.He made a statement which is manifesting itself today in the activities of Boko haram when he said that "If he doesn't win the 2001 election, Nigeria will be ungovernable", he also made a statement that led to the death of more than ten(10) Corpers and he has shown no remorse about it.
Then i ask my self why defend this Man when people link him with Boko haram? Nigeria doesn't need an extremist as a president nor a Highly sentimental figure to rule us,the actions and inaction of Buhari has shown that he doesn't have the interest of Nigeria at heart at all.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
When Boko Haram go about killing innocent civilians bombing churches etc does our dear ex Head of State condemn them? The man is a bloody hypocrite ...
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by collynzo2(m): 2:41pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sam xiu lee: I didn't vote buhari but Gej,av being a grate admirer of the man,and sincerely I av being looking forward to 2015 to cast my vote for him,with his recent utterances am having a change of mind.that's doesn't mean gej gets my vote,we expected a lot from him and he has turn out to be a grate disappointment.
Your English teacher will see you as a grate disappointment too.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
manuelo130: As long as the Nigerian government continue to glorify and reward violence we will see no end to emergence of violent groups.
That said BH and Niger Delta militants - there is no basis for comparism in terms of ideology.
The BH menace is annoying and has no class contrary to the ND militants.
. Why don't u come out here and make a case for Al Qaeda then? Afrterall, the Arab's grouse is just like that of Niger Delta Terrorists; their land was also taken from them. Write me a letter from Guantanamo Bay when u get settled in. Smh Nigerians are shameless hypocrites.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jun 03, 2013
jerusalem101: This statement by Gen Buhari reminds me of the statement of former NSA,Gen AZazzi, who said categorically that everything about Boko Haram resolves around Gen Buhari

People like u got a one way ticket to hell for continually bearing false witness. When did Azazi say this? Or aren't we talking about the same Azazi that pointed fingers at GEJ and PDP which ultimately got him fired and eventually murdered?
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jun 03, 2013
kasiem: Gen buhari, is it the same ojukwu that buhari gave life imprisonment that u are using to campaign for buhari? Oh, u forgot to tell us how azazi told gej to arrest buhari in respect of boko issues?
Buhari gave Ojukwu life in prison when and for what? God, how the fuxck do you donkeys reason?
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: I voted for Buhari in the 2011 presidential election and i've always defended him when Christians term him an Islamic extremist. But with his latest utterances, i'm beginning to have a second thought about him. He should have made his statement without bringing the Niger-Delta into it. That makes him seem like a sectional leader and we don't want a sectional leader as President. We can't afford to go back to the Military days.
. Lmao But u have a sectional leader in power now, so what gives?
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:31pm On Jun 03, 2013
Afam4eva: I voted for Buhari in the 2011 presidential election and i've always defended him when Christians term him an Islamic extremist. But with his latest utterances, i'm beginning to have a second thought about him. He should have made his statement without bringing the Niger-Delta into it. That makes him seem like a sectional leader and we don't want a sectional leader as President. We can't afford to go back to the Military days.
. Lmao But u have a sectional leader in power now, so what gives?

P.S: I highly doubt you will vote for a Northerner or a Muslim even if you live to be 10,000yrs old because of ur bigoted ways. So, stop lying to us.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jun 03, 2013
Azazi said that PDP was sponsoring Boko Haram

Buhari is not a member of PDP

GenBuhari: [size=20pt]SHOWDOWN: JONATHAN TO SUMMON AZAZI OVER PDP BOKO HARAM LINK[/size]

President Goodluck Jonathan indicated on Saturday his willingness to summon the National Security Adviser, Gen. Owoye Azazi (retd), for linking the Peoples Democratic Party with the spate of bombings in the country.

Also, the PDP in a statement cautioned the NSA to steer clear of political matters, so as to avoid making enemies for Jonathan.

It scoffed at his claim that the party was to blame for the bombings in the North because of its non-adherence to democratic practices and values.

Jonathan spoke on the issue while fielding questions from journalists during a visit to THISDAY to commiserate with its management in Abuja, on Thursday’s bomb attack against the newspaper

He said he would not seriously comment on the issue until he had read the script Azazi delivered at the South-South summit on Friday, and “listen to him.”

The summit was held in Asaba, Delta State.

Jonathan also said Nigerians should demand from Azazi what he meant by the statement.

The President said, “Probably, people need to ask the NSA to explain what he really means. I have read it in the papers.”

On the calls by some stakeholders for the government to dialogue with the Boko Haram, the president said his government was ready to exploit every possible means to end the violence.

However, he said that both those who advocated dialogue and those opposed to it were right.

He said, “Those who are saying we should dialogue (with Boko Haram) are correct; and those who are saying we should not dialogue are also correct.

“When we have a terror situation, you also look at global best practice. Just like war situations, you may dialogue; you may not dialogue, depending on the circumstances.

“But we will exploit every means possible to bring this (violence) to an end.”

Azazi had on Friday in Delta State during the South-South summit said, “How come the extent of violence did not increase in Nigeria until the public declaration of the people that were going to contest election in the PDP?

“And I would also like to say this, although the PDP people will not agree with me, they would like to attack me, but I hope they do it in private.”

However, the PDP said, “It is important for us to advise appointees of government to navigate only on the terrain where their authority will not be humbled by superior knowledge, so as to avoid attracting undeserving and unnecessary ill feelings for their principal.”

The party stressed that equity; fairness and inclusiveness were its cardinal principles since formation.

The statement read, “We wish to state without any ambiguity that our great party remains the only political party in Nigeria that is not owned by any ethnic group, person or group of persons.

“All Nigerians are equal stakeholders. All our special national conventions for the election of our presidential flag bearers since 1998 have seen candidates emerge on the strength of national unity, a common motif, which envisages that every section of the country, majority or minority can aspire to the highest political office in our father land via a well-entrenched rotation and zoning principle in the constitution of our party.”

Further, it stated, “that President Jonathan emerged with overwhelming votes of delegates from every state in the country, a feat that was again repeated in April 2011 general elections, which of course, have been adjudged the best in our recent history.

“It is, therefore, a comment in grave error, a fatal diagnosis of facts for anyone to insinuate or directly assert that a section of the membership of the PDP, or its foundation predisposes that only a certain section and not others will aspire to the highest office in the country.

“The PDP as a party will not cease supporting and assisting the national security Adviser in as much as he remains focused in this job of securing the lives and property of Nigerians.”

BY OLUSOLA FABIYI AND OLALEKAN ADETAYO | Punch

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=20&cad=rja&ved=0CHMQFjAJOAo&url=http%3A%2F%2Fomojuwa.com%2F2012%2F04%2Fshowdown-jonathan-to-summon-azazi-over-pdp-boko-haram-link%2F&ei=OwqsUdOpK42d0wXal4CwDw&usg=AFQjCNEJ1eKAe_QxuNgLu1LVd0HZGLigig&sig2=rEYS8owK382Id4OTODuWGw&bvm=bv.47244034,d.d2k
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by thelastpope10: 3:52pm On Jun 03, 2013
[size=14pt]I have been shouting at the top of my voice for ages that Buhari is a bigot! He has just proven me right again[/size]
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by iceberry1759: 3:53pm On Jun 03, 2013
tomakint:
I don't deal in lies let me counter Buhari's lies and your confusion with the facts here;

Fact 1: No special treatment was given to ND militants, they deserved whatever was given them for the injustice 'Northerners and their cohorts' had rendered their homelands all these years!

Fact 2: Boko Haram group deserves the judgment meted out to them for failing to embrace dialogue the FG had extended to them initially!

Fact 3: Their 'camps' were destroyed not their houses, such disgruntled elements don't deserve to be among us!

Fact 4: If those Boko bastaards had embraced dialogue, they would have been integrated into one of the FG developmental schemes, because Jonathan was that magnanimous, but they failed to honour the gesture!

Fact 5: It is a known fact that the current spate of insecurities in the country started after the threatening words of the bigot, Mallam Adamu Ciroma, that they will make the country ungovernable for Jonathan and not the ND militants who are fighting for a just cause!

Don't be confused, stay on track for once! undecided
guy Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥♡Ʊ too much. Tell that guy what he doesn't know. He needs enlightenment.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by thelastpope10: 3:55pm On Jun 03, 2013
GenBuhari: Azazi said that PDP was sponsoring Boko Haram

Buhari is not a member of PDP

If Buhari is not a PDP member, why is he the one defending Boko Haram then? Shouldn't he leave it for PDP members to defend since according to you, it is a PDP thing? You sound like you havent seen the four walls of a school.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by OdionOdion: 3:57pm On Jun 03, 2013
Elueme: All I will do for now is to shake my head at the clownish way this man reason.. Why Buhari is irredeemably doomed never to be nigeria's president. This man is frickingly tribalistic and bigoted why he will be loved by the millions of mofoons who reason like him while his national figure diminishes by the day. Trying to bend history is not only wicked but criminal and you can't beat a child and expects him not to cry; these where the scenarios with the Niger delta agitation. Why the militants claimed to fight for neglect, environmental degradation and destruction of source of livelihood by Buhari and his northern Fulani brothers, northern Islamic terrorists had no reasonable course. While the Niger delta militants protected and respected the sanctity of the human life and were in the habit of informing the general public of their set target and gave clue of when, the northern Islamist terrorist take utmost pleasure in destroying innocent and defenseless lives etc
Talk of unjust killings of agitators, arm was the last resort employed by the delta militants. All peaceful entreaties were rebuffed by the Nigerian states and many of their activists were executed among whom are the Ogoni 9 including saro wiwa even when they didn't kill a soul , talk less of Muhammed Yusuf, whose unprovoked carnage in Maiduguiri sent thousands to early grave.
Buhari is nothing by a divisionist. He is playing into the minds of millions of illiterate and bigoted northern Nigerian citizens many of whom share in the same sentiments while hoping that Tinubu and co will deliver a substantial vote for him in the south.
This bigoted tendencies is why Buhari is not and can never be Nigerian president.
. Niger Deltan militants NEVER BOMED Mosques,Northern business interests throughout their struggles and in fact the arrow heads of the struggle-Asari Dukubo is moslem by faith.The ND struggle was about economic/resource control NEVER a religious/political war which Buhari's Boko Haram have declared on Nigeria.This position taken by Buhari should be sounded loudly to the ears of Gov Amaechi who have made himself a willing tool to be used by Buhari fundamentalist political group of APC for his revenge mission against Niger delta people
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by iceberry1759: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
grin
kaorama: Please someone should tell GEJ to stop using voodoo on Buhari. See, how the man is mis-firing. It will not be well with anyone behind Buhari's confusion.
grin
kaorama: Please someone should tell GEJ to stop using voodoo on Buhari. See, how the man is mis-firing. It will not be well with anyone behind Buhari's confusion.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 3:58pm On Jun 03, 2013
Buhari is trying to be on the spotlight as nobody gives a damn about him any more. He should be thinking about his deteriorating self the aging process is having on his life than trying to put the nation into troublesome disparity.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by franchizy(m): 4:05pm On Jun 03, 2013
Buhari is very right on dis, the clampdown on Boko Haram by the GEJ led federal Govt is wrong. If GEJ had tackled d Boko Haram sects diplomatically wen they first Bombed the police headquarters, I think Boko Haram would ve been a history by now. GEJ told Nigerians dat he knows d sponsors of Boko Haram and dat many are in his govt yet no arest was made.

The militants in d Niger Delta were killing and blowing up Oil pipelines and kidnaping foreigners and oil workers wit a huge ransome paid 4 there release yet the militants were given a special treatment.

I think the Federal Govt were never fair to Boko Haram and as such I Condemn d Clampdown. I condemn it, I Condemn.

I think the National Assembly shud immediately commence the Impeachment of President Goodluck Johnathan 4 failing to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians.

Let us all support and vote Buhari come 2015 for a better and greater Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by TechyGuy: 4:10pm On Jun 03, 2013
texaco1:
buhari is already campaigning against himself,i think gej juju is working on him oo

The fact is that I used to be ACN supporter but when I saw the way they were going it was obvious I was supporting the wrong group.
ACN should have projected for presidency in 2022 while they ensured their governors keep delivering.
2 things would have happened by 2019/2022. ACN would have taken over from pdp by landslide or PDP governors would have had to deliver to remain in the govt. Either way Nigerians win.
I really hope for a honest opposition.
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by touch4mony: 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2013
[quote author=Elueme]All I will do for now is to shake my head at the clownish way this man reason.. Why Buhari is irredeemably doomed never to be nigeria's president. This man is frickingly tribalistic and bigoted why he will be loved by the millions of mofoons who reason like him while his national figure diminishes by the day. Trying to bend history is not only wicked but criminal and you can't beat a child and expects him not to cry; these where the scenarios with the Niger delta agitation. Why the mi And anybody in this mans camp is as bad as him,did d niger delta militants attack churchs,parks and harmless nigerian.tinubu this is a bad marrage for the acn
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by TechyGuy: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2013
To think that Boko Horam started in Bono under the full command of ANPP when Buhari was their grand ayatollah.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by TechyGuy: 4:29pm On Jun 03, 2013
franchizy: Buhari is very right on dis, the clampdown on Boko Haram by the GEJ led federal Govt is wrong. If GEJ had tackled d Boko Haram sects diplomatically wen they first Bombed the police headquarters, I think Boko Haram would ve been a history by now. GEJ told Nigerians dat he knows d sponsors of Boko Haram and dat many are in his govt yet no arest was made.

The militants in d Niger Delta were killing and blowing up Oil pipelines and kidnaping foreigners and oil workers wit a huge ransome paid 4 there release yet the militants were given a special treatment.

I think the Federal Govt were never fair to Boko Haram and as such I Condemn d Clampdown. I condemn it, I Condemn.

I think the National Assembly shud immediately commence the Impeachment of President Goodluck Johnathan 4 failing to protect the lives and properties of Nigerians.

Let us all support and vote Buhari come 2015 for a better and greater Nigeria.

Who be this? cry cry

1 Like

Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by JesusDWay(m): 5:00pm On Jun 03, 2013
Sincerely, if this were true, i regret voting for him in the last elections. With comments like these, why won't anyone believe he has a hand in it? His statements are uncensored and if he meant them, we may have more in our hands than imagined. May God help us in this nation. Still finding it hard he spewed such things out..
Re: Buhari Faults Clampdown On Boko-Haram Members by Nobody: 5:02pm On Jun 03, 2013
There is one solution to the jungle called Nigeria!

Split the jungle into the various nations!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gas Price Wahala!!! / Buhari, APC Governors In A Crucial Meeting (Photos) / Boko Haram Attacks Soldiers & LGA Administrator In Borno, Injure Soldiers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.