Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,222 members, 7,829,369 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:23 AM

It Is Not Yet Too Late For You Today - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Is Not Yet Too Late For You Today (525 Views)

8 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Service / 10 Types Of People Who Are Consistently Late For Church Services / Late Dr. Myles Munroe’s Family Issues Statement | Both Children Alive And Well (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

It Is Not Yet Too Late For You Today by myhobbies(m): 9:36pm On Jun 02, 2013
One Monday morning, a young man was running with his full strength to a nearby railway station in India to catch up with a train. As he was running he pushed down a woman selling flowers near the road. Everybody expected him to stop but he ran faster than before. Few poles from where he had pushed down the woman selling flower he ran into his father trying to cross the road with his bicycle and because his mind was joined somewhere else, his father knocked him down with his bicycle. He did not mind what happened and wasted not a second on the ground. He stood up immediately and began to run again. By the mercy of God, he managed to enter the train with the help of the train conductor. He entered the next available train, but alas, it was not the right train.

What was this man’s problem? For the past one year he has been looking for job and none was forthcoming. Incidentally, an opportunity came out for him in a nearby Vellore and was asked to come for an interview. A day to this interview in his usual way he went out to his friend’s house and got drunk. As he came back to the house very drunk he slept off. By the time he woke from sleep he found out from his mother that by 11:00am that same day he was to go for an interview. It was his desire to be at the place of the interview on time that made him to do all he did.

His story is not yet ended. By the time he got to the intending place of work it was already 12:30pm. He made desperate attempts to enter the compound immediately, but the gate man stopped him and told him what he would not like to hear. He said to him “sorry, they have just finished the interview some minutes ago”. It was like the ground should open and for him to fall inside. No such thing happened. He cried out his heart deeply remembering the lost opportunity. As he was sorrowing, a young lady came up to the gate and spoke to him. She said to him “are you Mr Kumar from Bangalore” and he answered “Yes”. The lady quickly said to him “it is not yet too late for you today, there is another chance for you in the next 3 hours to have the same interview you missed.”

What a great opportunity for you reading this write-up today to make things right in your life. It is not too late for you today just like that lady told Mr Kamur our dear friend. Why is it not too late for you today? What do you need to make right today? It is not too late for you today because you are still alive. With life on your side even if you are very sick something good can still come your way today. The answer to the second question of what you need to make right today is that you need as a matter of urgency to accept Jesus Christ as your ONLY Lord and savior. Any life without Christ will always be in crisis any time any day. It sounds fanatical, yet it is the simple truth. I like you to mind the word only used above. We have Jesus as the only savior of the world. There is no other savior other than Him. Whoever that claimed to be our savior either in the past, present or future will only be looking for recognition or been sponsored by the devil to deceive some folks. The Bible in the book of Acts 4:12 says “Neither is there any salvation in any other: for there is no other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved”.

The virgin birth of Jesus, free of sin, his works, resurrection and being God (in human form) attest to this truth as well. Some people see Jesus as a prophet of God. Yes, He is a prophet from God, but not just only a prophet. He is more than a prophet. A true prophet does not lie. Jesus as a true prophet says in the Bible “…No one comes to the father (God) except through me”. You need Jesus as a mediator to see God. Man is not qualified to interact with God because of sin. Jesus is sinless and qualifies to stand before God on our behalf. You can’t run away from this truth if you need God. Accept Jesus today and you will have access to God and all His blessings. Jesus is the only way to God. “Jesus says unto him, I am the way, the truth and life: no man comes unto the father, but through me.”(John 14:6)

I don’t know the state you are now as regards to knowing Jesus, living for Him and even dying for Him if need be. Have you wasted your years in riotous living like the prodigal son in the Bible, please read (Luke 15: 11-24). Are you among those who are still procrastinating about accepting Jesus to when they are married, got a good job, build their own house and so on. There is no need for any of these before surrendering your life to your Maker. Time may run out on you if you are still waiting for any of these. It can also be that you are very comfortable in life with so much money, possessing material things of life and can get whatever you want in this empty world. And this has puffed up your life to the extent that you now feel I have no need for Jesus. Know it that you are a time bomb that may explode any moment from now into hell fire. Permit me also to say this to you. Are you the one that has joined yourself to secret society, occultism and those things which are not acceptable to God as you know for the sake of power, money and protection? May I inform you quickly that you are about to perish if you don’t get out from such group. They may have told you that you will die if you leave them. That is intimidation and a ploy to keep you in their bondage. Come out today from among them. Run to Lord Jesus now. He will protect and provide for you. Furthermore, you may be a member of the so called Church or organization where the name of Jesus is only mentioned but they deny the power of His resurrection and all their deeds are evil. Be wise enough to separate yourself from them if you really desire eternity in Heaven with Jesus.

You may have accepted Jesus many years ago, but you are still living in sin. Everything bad is still found in you. That old life of immorality, drunkenness, cheating, lying, stealing, backbiting, fashion crazy, jealousy and envy, pride etc are still found in you. You are then deceiving yourself. What you are doing is contrary to the teaching of the Bible. Accepting Jesus and still living in sin is equal to zero. No sinner shall see God. They shall all end up in hell fire where there is great suffering without an end. What a terrible place to spend eternity with Satan.

Whatever your state may be now, it is not yet too late for you today. Jesus loves you and that is why He died a shameful death on the cross for your sake. He can change your life and give you peace that you cannot find anywhere else. Jesus says “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid” (John 14:27).

What you need to do now is to become a real Christian, a believer in Jesus Christ and a candidate for heaven. The answer is still in the Bible. We can see it from Romans 10:9-10 “That if thou shall confess with thou mouth the Lord Jesus, and shall believe in thy heart that God has raised Him from the dead, thou shall be saved”. Firstly, confess with thy mouth that Jesus is Lord. You must be bold enough to publicly acknowledge Jesus as your Lord and Savior. There is no shame or fear. Secondly, believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead. In your heart of hearts there must be that strong belief (agreement) that all you have read in the Bible about Jesus is the truth. Thirdly, confess and forsake all known sins. (Proverb 28:13) He that covers his sin shall not prosper: but whosoever that confesses and forsake them shall have mercy. Fourthly, look for a Bible believing Church, attend and be committed.

Taking about the Bible, it is the word of God written by God Himself through the hand of an ordinary man. The Bible guides you to every truth you need to know in life. It tells you how you can live your life here on earth so that you can have eternal rest in heaven any time you die or when Jesus comes back if you are still alive. Everything in the Bible points to Jesus our savior. John 3:16 says “For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever that believeth in Him should not perish, but have eternal life”. Dear friend, I recommend that Bible chapter and verse to you. It is complete, not contradictory and not controversial.

May the peace and love of Almighty God remain with you forever as you give a deep thought to this write up.

God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Keep Me Near The Cross / Need Varieties For Teenagers Anniversay In The Church / How God Helped A Nigerian Survive Underwater For 60 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.