Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,261 members, 7,815,426 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 (4328 Views)

Poll: Which team will win the UEFA cup?

Zenith St. Petersburg: 76% (10 votes)
Rangers: 23% (3 votes)
This poll has ended

Classic Zenit St Petersburg Team Photo / Transfer News: Tiago Mendes Turns Down Monaco And Zenit To Rejoin Chelsea / 'No Black Or Gay Players' Say Zenit St Petersburg Fans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by bgees(m): 2:00pm On May 03, 2008
do we say, the old school managers(van gaal,hitzfield) have gone really old school.

i am starting to think Advocaat is a good coach after all. u need to see the way Zenit plays the ball. with so much ease! and the classic dutch style.

if only rangers will play open football and not try to defend all night, i am sure Zenit will triumph.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by A40(m): 7:53pm On May 03, 2008
Dayokanu go don nearly kill himself ooh.This is really embarassing Bayern don finish ooh from struggling against Getafe and now they really got whacked by Zenit st Petersburg.Can those guys beat Enyimba sef?Zenit tore them apart with some crisp counter-attacking football now i am convinced that the Bundesliga is a shitty league Bayern would not make the top 6 if they where in England
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 7:23am On May 05, 2008
The top 6 in England consist of teams like Tottenham, Everton, who could not make it to the Q-finals of the UEFA cup.

Man Utd and Arsenal whom as at the last meeting got walloped by Bayern tongue tongue
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 7:52am On May 05, 2008
@dayokanu
WTF!!!
You're still posting on nland
You should been officially stripped of your right to speech.
Oh my freaking dayz, you don't understand this do you? Zenith ain't even the best team in Russia!!!
They ain't even got no freaking silverware, and you come here chatting shit?
You know I always tell the truth the way I see it
Germeny should be stripped of any automatic qualification and given to England's Third place
The Bundesliga is on a record low, our league is still benefiting from the Rafa-lution
Its so hard to imagine a UCL final without an english team. cool cool cool
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 7:58am On May 05, 2008
Do you know Zenit are Russian champions?

No why not giving the relegated team in EPL semi final slot in the UCL cos of the quality?

EPL clubs are consistent in the UCl cos the same clubs come year after year all due to the non competitiveness of the EPL the top 4 just rearrange year after year
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 8:06am On May 05, 2008
dayokanu:

The top 6 in England consist of teams like Tottenham, Everton, who could not make it to the Q-finals of the UEFA cup.

Man Utd and Arsenal whom as at the last meeting got walloped by Bayern tongue tongue
My dayz, u're comparing your sorry bunch to the 5th, 11th and relegation strugglers
You just hit a record low, hehehehe grin

Walloped by Bayern?
The only things I remember from your meetings is that an English team always goes on to win the UCL when we beat you tongue tongue

dayokanu:

Do you know Zenit are Russian champions?

No why not giving the relegated team in EPL semi final slot in the UCL because of the quality?

EPL clubs are consistent in the UCl because the same clubs come year after year all due to the non competitiveness of the EPL the top 4 just rearrange year after year
Yeah, that's because the top-four are the best in Europe, so why should they not be the best in England tongue tongue
Next year, we'll even give a Welsh team a spot, just because we've got the best of the lot already tongue tongue

They're the champions aight, that's why you lost 5-1
Aight, let's start getting whipped by Rosenborg then, afterall they've been twelve time champs in the league
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 8:25am On May 05, 2008
My dayz, u're comparing your sorry bunch to the 5th, 11th and relegation strugglers
You just hit a record low, hehehehe
Of the top 4 in EPL Man UTD and Arsenal are our Booty call we flog them anytime they come around Home or away.
If in EPL, Bayern only have to worry about Chelski and "pool.

Grin

Walloped by Bayern?
The only things I remember from your meetings is that an English team always goes on to win the UCL when we beat you
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 8:29am On May 05, 2008
Walloped by Bayern?
The only things I remember from your meetings is that an English team always goes on to win the UCL when we beat you

Short memories?? When Bayern won UCL, they flogged Man Utd home and away Go and see the clips.

Of the top 4 in EPL Man UTD and Arsenal are our Booty call we flog them anytime they come around Home or away.

I can predict that in 2009 the top 4 would just be reshuffled. what a league. I think the Battle for relegation is more competitive that the top 4.

Like no other league top 4 constant year in year out.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 8:40am On May 05, 2008
dayokanu:

Short memories?? When Bayern won UCL, they flogged Man Utd home and away Go and see the clips.

I can predict that in 2009 the top 4 would just be reshuffled. what a league. I think the Battle for relegation is more competitive that the top 4.

Like no other league top 4 constant year in year out.
Yeah and let me predicet the Champion's League again
As usual, All English teams top their groups, all get to the quarter finals
One drops out, everything continues, but at least one still gets to the final, and wins
Damn, I need to stop watching the UCL and go over to the Cup Liberatados grin grin
This thing is getting too predictable, Haba, in four years, the whole of Englands top-four have being either Champions or Runners-up grin grin tongue
[size=14pt]Such a stupid Champion's League!!![/size]
The battle for the group stage UEFA Cup spot is more interesting than the winners grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by jgirl3: 8:43am On May 05, 2008
Awww - is my eldee still sore that his team is not in the UEFA finals? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't worry, the arses might make it to finals next year.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 8:47am On May 05, 2008
You don't get me hun kiss
Dayokanu was getting sarcastic that bout the bigfour being predictable
I'm only trying to tell him that, since the big-four are the best in Europe, they must also be the best in England
There's no crime against that.

Thanks for nominating as England's representative for next year's finals cheesy
Aight, should we send one or two? grin
Maybe Arsenal Man-Utd, so we can watch the final together cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by jgirl3: 8:49am On May 05, 2008
eldee:

You don't get me hun kiss
Dayokanu was getting sarcastic that bout the bigfour being predictable
I'm only trying to tell him that, since the big-four are the best in Europe, they must also be the best in England
Oh - I understand now.
Anytime i see the name dayokanu beside any post, i've programmed myself to ignore the post.

Man Utd vs. Arsenal would be beautiful - I'm thinking that will be a nice game for us to watch cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 8:57am On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

Oh - I understand now.
Anytime i see the name dayokanu beside any post, i've programmed myself to ignore the post.

Man Utd vs. Arsenal would be beautiful - I'm thinking that will be a nice game for us to watch cheesy
lol, If you read his posts, he knows the game
The problem is that he watches games for clouded, Nazi-made glasses
He can't just seem to understand how enjoyable fotball can be, all he can do is refer to the 70's
Those years when Beckenbauer was the best in the world, and Michael Jackson was still black grin grin

Hmmn, Man Utd-Arsenal? Nah, Wenger won't agree grin
Aight, if Arsenal reaches there, promise me you'll wear our jersey grin
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by jgirl3: 9:01am On May 05, 2008
eldee:

lol, If you read his posts, he knows the game
The problem is that he watches games for clouded, Nazi-made glasses
He can't just seem to understand how enjoyable fotball can be, all he can do is refer to the 70's
Those years when Beckenbauer was the best in the world, and Michael Jackson was still black grin grin

Hmmn, Man Utd-Arsenal? Nah, Wenger won't agree grin
Aight, if Arsenal reaches there, promise me you'll wear our jersey grin
LOL!
I know he knows his game - i just can't stand half the things he says. It's better I save myself the stress.
If Arsenal reaches there, I'm not wearing any stupid Arsenal Jersey (no disrespect) - unless i can customize it myself
That's like putting Garlic near a vampire. cheesy cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 9:11am On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

LOL!
I know he knows his game - i just can't stand half the things he says. It's better I save myself the stress.
If Arsenal reaches there, I'm not wearing any stupid Arsenal Jersey (no disrespect) - unless i can customize it myself
That's like putting Garlic near a vampire. cheesy cheesy
Yeah i understand, but forgive him for supporting StPetersburg Bayern Munich
He was abducted and forced from London by neo-Nazis cheesy He's a backyard Liverpool fan grin grin

Customize Aight, you make ur choices, but you'll still wear it anyways
It's not like I'll be the one looking like them crazy hooligans cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by jgirl3: 9:14am On May 05, 2008
eldee:

Yeah i understand, but forgive him for supporting StPetersburg Bayern Munich
He was abducted and forced from London by neo-Nazis cheesy He's a backyard Liverpool fan grin grin

Customize Aight, you make your choices, but you'll still wear it anyways
It's not like I'll be the one looking like them crazy hooligans cheesy
Lol!
I'll get an emirates jersey when next i'm in the area and then - i'll write Man Utd <3. That way, i'll always support my team regardless of whatever jersey i get. smiley
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 9:22am On May 05, 2008
j-girl:

Lol!
I'll get an emirates jersey when next i'm in the area and then - i'll write Man Utd <3. That way, i'll always support my team regardless of whatever jersey i get. smiley
Aww, u even admitted it, that's so cute kiss

Aight, maybe if the scummers make the final, I'll get my an AIG too
Mine will be customised 'Arsenal Is Greater'
At least I'll get to support you point cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by jgirl3: 9:30am On May 05, 2008
eldee:

Aww, u even admitted it, that's so cute kiss

Aight, maybe if the scummers make the final, I'll get my an AIG too
Mine will be customised 'Arsenal Is Greater'
At least I'll get to support you point cheesy
shocked grin
You do know what that means right? It means Man Utd Love. I don't have to write Man U is greater on any Jersey. Our actions speak for us smiley wink The so-called "Scummers" are in the finals now.
Unless Chicken Wings becomes wise over the next buying season, Arses might never make it to any finals.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 1:31pm On May 05, 2008
@Dayo
ure comparing Celtic, Depor to Zenit?
ure a dunderhead

meanwhile, i think eldee has been able to answer u perfectly
Since, we can predict the top four in the UCL to be from the EPL, the UCL is shyte innit?

I tot we agreed u aint gonna be around here till the EUROS, why are u spitting rubbish again? gerrof the cyberspace and let some fresh air come in

one thing is for sure, the best of Germany cannot beat the best of Russia in a knockout
o ma se o!
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by eldee(m): 2:29pm On May 05, 2008
one thing is for sure, the best of Germany cannot beat the best of Russia in a knockout
Abeg tkb no dey vex me angry angry
Who told you St Petersburg is the Best team in Russia angry
Have you forgotten of CSKA Moscow, Spartak Moscow and Locomotiv?
Let's be honest, when was the first time you saw the name of this team?
CSKA will pip their asses without goal bonuses, anyday.
I even heard the commentator saying they've been arround for over hundred years and 2007 is the first time they've won the Russian Premier League. grin
Bayern are just heavyspending pricks
You need to see the way Lahm was turned useless, he was Hoyte in German skin grin grin
And I meant Gavin Hoyte ooh cheesy
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 2:48pm On May 05, 2008
@Eldee
dont be mad at me
of course, Zenit isnt amongst the top clubs in Russia

P.Lahm is just an average guy who has been enjoying some praise singing from dayo
i dont know what the guy has done to warrant all the noise o. . .
hes just a member of the squad in Bayern, norin more
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by A40(m): 6:28pm On May 05, 2008
At least they won the double but i am sure if the likes of Tottenham or Newcastle where in the Bundesliga they would win the double too
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by xploits777(m): 8:30pm On May 05, 2008
I think Zenit will break down the GERS defence from the wings through that Dominguez guy or so that comes in from 7 or 11.
GERs only have hope if they decide to attack because the russians are'nt so good defensively, at least not close to Rangers.

Goodluck Rangers but I think Zenit will win on a slim margin. 1-0 or 2-1
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 7:50am On May 06, 2008
Kevin Keegan has this for the EPL

"This league is in danger of becoming one of the most boring but great leagues in the world."

He feels fifth is the best the clubs outside the 'big four' can realistically aim for - even with plenty of funds.

"The top four next year will be the same top four as this year," he added.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/7384247.stm

Really competitive indeed Maybe Dayokanu spoke into Keegan's mouth.

j-girl,
The truth is bitterand many people run from it. The EPL is having a good run in the UCL for now. Enjoy it while it lasts
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 8:04am On May 06, 2008
At least they won the double but i am sure if the likes of Tottenham or Newcastle where in the Bundesliga they would win the double too

If we were to be in EPL, the others would battle for 2nd place. Given the way we batter Man Utd home and away and the way Arsenal would be pummeled who can stand us? Maybe Mourinho Chelsea aided with Abrahamovitz zillions
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by akinalabi(m): 8:15am On May 06, 2008
@ dayokanu,

Keegan is trying to tell you all to expect nothing but relegation
battles from his side next season. He's already putting an alibi
in place for next season.

How is it difficult for people to understand that these teams
come first to fourth because they are simply the strongest 4 teams
in the league.

The onus lies on the other teams to improve to break into it. Afterall,
David Moyes did it with Everton just 4 short years ago.

I'm sure you will like it if for some reasons, one of the top 4 goes
weak and come 6th. That will signify the competetiveness of the league
to you.

These teams are strong at the moment and that is evident in their
Champions league run.

The "smaller" teams should get better rather than moan.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 1:30pm On May 06, 2008
@Akin Alabi
good shot from you

I expect the top four in the EPL to be dominant in the UCL for a few years. im also expecting coaches of clubs like Bayern, Porto, Lyon and co. to complain about the EPL dominance in the UCL just like Keegan just did.

@dayokanu
ask Keegan where hes been all the while
now he thinks he can come out from nowhere and challenge the status quo

He should discuss with Shepperd about the possibilities of selling the club to Bill Gates or the Dubai people. then, he can be dreaming of challenging for the top spot.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by akinalabi(m): 2:15pm On May 06, 2008
@tkb417,

"King Kev" is just a silly man.

Here is a man who confessed that he has not watched a
single football match in over a year complaining about
dominance.

The likes of Sir Alex have been working their socks off year
after year trying to make their teams stronger while he was
holed up up north in Scotland.
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by 4Him1(m): 2:18pm On May 06, 2008
Kevin Keegan is a plum. cool
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 2:31pm On May 06, 2008
@Akin Alabi
exactly my point!!!
You dont just wake up from a nightmare and say silly stuffs on air
If the EPL is boring cos just four teams are contesting for it, what does that tell him
he should brace up and take the fights to the so called top four.

It used to be only Arsenal and United. Now Benitez and Roman are here to make it more competitive. Thaksin is here also. if he has no idea on how to deal with this, he should liaise with F.Sheppy for the club to be sold to foreigners

The last time i checked, Newcasle has got a bigger stadium than the Chavs, then whats stopping them?
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by dayokanu(m): 4:09pm On May 06, 2008
Thread softly,

Kev was former National team star and former coach of the great 3 lions

I was the first to notice the lack non competitiveness now Kev, Next might be prime Minister or the Queen herself.
Some peeps sit down here lampooning Dayokanu while he is gaining worldwide acclaim, tongue tongue
The Great Kev One of the greatest English footballers now bite my vibes

I think I should sue Kev for biting my Lyrics

Music:
Boring, Boring EPL

Chorus: The top 4 remains the same (4 times) tongue tongue
Re: UEFA Cup: Zenit St. Petersburg Thrash Bayern 4 - 0 by tkb417(m): 5:47pm On May 06, 2008
ure just a prick!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

1.8M Signatures For Haaland To Be Deported From England. / Floyd Mayweather Dress Like A Muslim Chick To Donald Trump Rally / David Haye Vs Nikolay Valuev (live now - links inside)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.